Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, patsymae said:

They're so boring nobody's even commenting in a snark site named after her.

 

Thread title lol 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, today’s IG, Lissy likes to make coffee with Jing. Good thing they have what looks like the $700.00 Breville espresso machine.

Clearly, grifting pays well.

  • Upvote 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And the tops of the girls' heads are adorable. I understand they have the right to protect their daughters, but the pictures lately are so contrived and frankly stupid.

  • I Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

And the tops of the girls' heads are adorable. I understand they have the right to protect their daughters, but the pictures lately are so contrived and frankly stupid.

Kristen bell posts normal family pics of her kids and puts stickers over their face, so do people with foster babes, so do i when I have children not mine in pics. Not contrived not pretentious not attention seeking, just normal. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Kristen bell posts normal family pics of her kids and puts stickers over their face, so do people with foster babes, so do i when I have children not mine in pics. Not contrived not pretentious not attention seeking, just normal. 

I would never post pictures of anyone else's children. I just find it irritating that they posted so many of Felicity and all the other Duggars post pictures of their kids (except for one). And I still think trying not to show the girls' faces draws more attention. Jeremy gets more and more pretentious and Jinger gets more boring.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I would never post pictures of anyone else's children. I just find it irritating that they posted so many of Felicity and all the other Duggars post pictures of their kids (except for one). And I still think trying not to show the girls' faces draws more attention. Jeremy gets more and more pretentious and Jinger gets more boring.

 

 

 

sometimes there are kids in the background I put a sticker over them. I don't draw longer skirts on them though lol 

  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I would never post pictures of anyone else's children. I just find it irritating that they posted so many of Felicity and all the other Duggars post pictures of their kids (except for one). And I still think trying not to show the girls' faces draws more attention. Jeremy gets more and more pretentious and Jinger gets more boring.

 

 

 

They may have had threats. Or one of them may have a birthmark or scar that people might comment on. Or they may have had “fans” who wanted to “protect” her kids from her brother. Or because they live in L.A. some Q-Anon conspiracy cultist might think they are part of a satanic cult and try to save them. Or maybe Jinger, in writing her book, realized she got creeper attention from being on air as a child. Hell - there’s this whole place bearing her name that trashes her lifestyle and has thousands of members. There’s lots of reasons she might not want tons of pictures of her kids online right now. Maybe it’s permanent, maybe it’s just a short break. 

  • Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sure Jinger attracts her share of creepy followers - some of them Duggar fans, some not.
I won’t criticise anyone for giving their children privacy but I agree this is done in a very pretentious way and these two (whatever Jeremy thinks) are famous due to the fact that Jinger’s parents had lots of children and exploited them for profit. That is the Duggar USP. What neither of them seem willing to accept is that they are not really that interesting. The Duggar humpers want to see babies, babies,babies and Jeremy’s pseudo intellectual musings and fountain pens and Jinger drinking coffee is not really of interest to anyone.

However, neither has a job and they seem to live pretty well, so what do I know?!

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can’t give the very thing that makes you famous, privacy. The only way to do that is to stop grifting, get a family supporting job and become private yourself. This is nowhere on the Vuolos life plan or radar.

You’re welcome!

  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

They may have had threats. Or one of them may have a birthmark or scar that people might comment on. Or they may have had “fans” who wanted to “protect” her kids from her brother. Or because they live in L.A. some Q-Anon conspiracy cultist might think they are part of a satanic cult and try to save them. Or maybe Jinger, in writing her book, realized she got creeper attention from being on air as a child. Hell - there’s this whole place bearing her name that trashes her lifestyle and has thousands of members. There’s lots of reasons she might not want tons of pictures of her kids online right now. Maybe it’s permanent, maybe it’s just a short break. 

Unfortunately they have made a name for themselves off of reproduction (and NOTHING MORE, so no comparing them to other famous people who HAVE a skill for which they are known) and “Counting On…” If they want to provide privacy for their children, and rightfully so, they need to first make  their adult lives more private.

  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion Jinger's strategically-taken privacy photos are of the wrong Vuolo. I would prefer to never see Jeremy's face again.

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 33
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dickhead posted a pic of some man in a suit wearing a horses head I so wanted to comment that the pic was taken by a horse’s arse!!! 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Dickhead posted a pic of some man in a suit wearing a horses head I so wanted to comment that the pic was taken by a horse’s arse!!! 

It's Jeremy in the horse head. Someone snarkily commented about it, and Jer responded in kind. 

It reminded me of the Godfather. 😁

  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few celebrities don't post pictures of their children's faces and I have no issue with it, if Jinger wants to do that now then good for her because I've seen horrible comments about babies, a former X factor and I'm a Celebrity contestant here in the UK Jake Quickenden got a lot of horrible comments about his baby son Leo, calling him ugly and even one's saying he should have been aborted. A few others who have sons that happen to have longer hair get comments saying cut his hair or he looks like a girl, or pretending they thought it was a girl. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 8:41 AM, SassyPants said:

Unfortunately they have made a name for themselves off of reproduction (and NOTHING MORE, so no comparing them to other famous people who HAVE a skill for which they are known) and “Counting On…” If they want to provide privacy for their children, and rightfully so, they need to first make  their adult lives more private.

I mean LOTS of famous people right now have no skill for which they are known. Just being (often) young and (often) attractive and “influencing” folks. Social media has really changed things. Some for the good, some for the bad, some just weird or different.  I just hope the folks raking in the money are putting some aside, it doesn’t seem like something that would last long term, but what do I know. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I mean LOTS of famous people right now have no skill for which they are known. Just being (often) young and (often) attractive and “influencing” folks. Social media has really changed things. Some for the good, some for the bad, some just weird or different.  I just hope the folks raking in the money are putting some aside, it doesn’t seem like something that would last long term, but what do I know. 

I know, right? And it seems a lot of them get financially overextended, with fancy real estate and other expensive items, and then don't have enough in their rainy day fund to weather even a minor setback in their business plans. 

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Jeremy's church and mentor won a huge settlement against the government.  I got these excerpts from this article.

Quote

California and Los Angeles County have agreed to pay a church that repeatedly defied Governor Gavin Newsom's public health restrictions amid the COVID-19 pandemic $800,000 in a legal settlement.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted in favor of the settlement on Tuesday. The county and the state will each pay $400,000 to Sun Valley's Grace Community Church to settle a prolonged legal battle that began when the church refused to follow Newsom's COVID-19 restrictions last year.

The church was sued by the county for not following restrictions including a since-rescinded ban on indoor worship, while the church also sued the county and the state over the restrictions. County officials said that Tuesday's settlement was "responsible and appropriate" in light of a February Supreme Court ruling that found California could not enforce many of its pandemic restrictions on churches.

*****************

The church's longtime lead pastor Rev. John MacArthur called the settlement a "monumental victory for Grace Community Church" in a letter to supporters of his charitable trust, according to The Los Angeles Times.

 

 

  • Angry 5
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Per IG, Jinger was recently baptized (as an adult).

Is there a reason why she is only being baptised now? Have any of the other duggarlings been baptised?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She says she was baptised when she was 11 but didn’t come to know and love Jesus until she was 14, so presumably went along with what her parents wanted. 
She may be going through a phase of spiritual development, she may want to be baptised in Jeremy’s church or a cynic may think it will provide something to talk about for a podcast/interview. 

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this really bothers me. I was baptized as an infant in my the Lutheran church several members of my family belonged to. My parents aren't very religious but I always connected to religion much more than they did. In high school I attended a friend's evangelical church and the pastor put a big emphasis on baptism after you "accepted Christ as your lord and savior" by praying a very specific prayer (any evangelicals or ex-vangelicals will know what I mean). Because I prayed this prayer and developed my own sense of God as a teen, my pastor convinced me to be rebaptized, which I did at 18, just before leaving for college. My parents weren't happy, feeling like it was a rejection of them and of my aunt and uncle who were my godparents. I didn't see it that way but felt like it was what God wanted.

Twenty years later, still a Christian but back to the "mainline" Protestant realm, I see this as a control move. The pastor could have seen all my past religious experiences as a whole and as building toward my particular understanding of God, but instead imposed a binary of our way is better than their way. Multiple mainline pastors have said to me that this evangelical pastor distorted the idea of baptism and should have only insisted on it if I'd never been baptized at all.

And in my view, this is one more controlling dick-move on Jeremy's part, preying on Jinger's insecurities to mold her into what he thinks she should be. But I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some belief systems have a “one and done” teaching on baptism. To me that seems reasonable. I was re-baptized as an adult, too, and it seemed strange even at the time. Are those who are rebaptized encouraged to be rerebaptized when they reach a new “level” of feeling renewed as a Christian? Is there a magic in baptism that is only conveyed upon rebaptism so they need to get rerebaptized later on when they’re feeling even more godly than when they were rebaptized? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.