IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

I’m glad they didn’t get engaged today. But disappointed that another couple did. Ashley Salyer’s 18 year old sister. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7

16 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

How would a child get to say they were being abused? Or who would they tell they were being abused? Most kids don’t know what abuse is until they are older or talk to others and find out what is going on isn’t right. 

That's the thing that is tricky about these situations. A lot of times "reports of abuse" that would lead to these situations weren't abuse where CPS would be called in or the like. There can be a distrust of such situations and CPS in many cases like what I'm basing this on my knowledge of the situation with my neighbors. CPS was seen as the enemy that was designed to punish and remove God while these private homes were seen as ways to reunify a family and keep God in control. 

So with my neighbors, the husband was a lower pastor (not the lead guy) at the church they went to every Sunday. A family that was affiliated with the church - members, friends of members, etc.- might come in and say they were having problems with their son or daughter. She's talking back. He's sneaking out after bedtime. He or she is violent when we try to discipline him or her. The pastor of course would suggest prayer and then say that maybe there is another idea too. He would suggest a situation like the couple that lived next door to me. They will take your child in for a few weeks/months, etc. while you attend these Christian counseling sessions to solve your problems. 

Other times the child might instigate it. He or she is mad that mom and dad don't like who they are dating. Or he or she might be mad because they are trying hard but mom and dad want better grades. One of the kids at school lives with this family and it sounds like fun so they and the kid at school approach the couple who then approach the parents and say..."your son or daughter seems unhappy and we know you're struggling. We want to help."

Using the context clues from what Whitney and others have said and what I know of the system in Anderson County, I think these was the way the Owenses operated. Maybe they were better at it than my neighbors. Whitney seems to have gotten an education and good work ethic compared to what was going on with the kids next door to me. 

I hope that the children taken in by the Owenses were situations like I described above and not abusive situations where a parent should not only lose custody but be prosecuted. 

Most of my supposition on the Whitney and Owens family situation is based on things like the rules for foster care homes. They had a huge number of children living with them in a comfortable but not big enough house to meet the rules of foster care. The Owens's daughter was killed in an accident not long before they took in Whitney and others. In most cases social workers would want a little time distance between a tragedy like that and taking on something like foster care. Being a foster parent parent can be a hard thing in even the best situations. Add in grieving parents with an abused or neglected child, you are talking about a disaster in the making. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

When Lawson's new single came out 5 days ago, he claimed it went to the Top 10 of the Itunes chart.  I can see the charts today: http://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/ and I don't see Lawson anywhere on the Top 100 pop, Christian/gospel or country charts.

Is there way to check these charts for previous days? Because I can totally see him lying about this. Or maybe it cracked the Top 10 for 5 seconds.

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

When Lawson's new single came out 5 days ago, he claimed it went to the Top 10 of the Itunes chart.  I can see the charts today: http://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/ and I don't see Lawson anywhere on the Top 100 pop, Christian/gospel or country charts.

Is there way to check these charts for previous days? Because I can totally see him lying about this. Or maybe it cracked the Top 10 for 5 seconds.

I imagine it cracked the top 10 when it was released. That’s not surprising. People want to hear new songs. But I bet he went off that list very fast because everyone who heard it wasn’t impressed. When your song STAYS in the top ten for a long time it’s a big deal. 

• Upvote 6

So itunescharts.net says the song peaked at 37 overall, so too 10 in country is possible. 

This made me giggle: 

Biggest faller (down 40 places)

#77 Lawson Bates - The Way I See You

I refused to pay for the song, I listened to it on Spotify. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I refused to pay for the song, I listened to it on Spotify. 

You're braver than I am!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

This proposal, whenever it comes, will be choreographed and over the top beyond anything seen before in the Bates family. It will definitely involve 
Lawson singing, preening from both, at least one camera crew, and a still photographer shooting lots of blur and Tiffany hair swings. It will also involve kissing, but that part won’t be immortalized on film. 

Could only make it through half of Lawson’s song on YouTube. It’s not bad, but it isn’t a hit, either. If he really wants to be a musician, he should be writing music every day and honing his craft, not putting out one mediocre song a year. Any writer, artist or musician can tell you not everything that springs from your mind is genius (see also Miss Raquel, with whom Lawson has much in common). 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Biggest faller (down 40 places)

#77 Lawson Bates - The Way I See You

Lawson, honey, time to quit playing singer/songwriter/whatever the hell else you do and go back to the lawn business.  

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

You're braver than I am!

I actually really like a couple of his previous songs (I am almost embarrassed to admit that). But I also hate a lot of his music, mostly because the lyrics are just so awful. This one was fine lyrically but blah musically and was a nope for me. 

• Thank You 1

Not everyone who is a singer/songwriter is at the top, some just do it because they enjoy it, say, like soccer players, or any athletes, who don’t play in any major league, and don’t get paid that much. Or a writer who publishes a book, but it’s not a bestseller. 

Not everyone can be the best. Do they need a separate job to supplement their income? Possibly. Not everyone becomes a star in their field. In fact, most people don’t.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I’m so sick of those two traveling all over doing nothing but going out to eat and sight-seeing. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so sick of those two traveling all over doing nothing but going out to eat and sight-seeing. 

AND IN A PANDEMIC! WTF??? 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lawson and Tiffany are in Hawaii, proposal imminent? 

I saw that and had the same thought. It’s definitely a scenic enough destination to compete with the last two Florida proposals since we know Lawson would want his proposal to stand out. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I saw that and had the same thought. It’s definitely a scenic enough destination to compete with the last two Florida proposals since we know Lawson would want his proposal to stand out. 

Yeah, I can't see Lawson "settling" for Florida and I think Hawaii would fit his need to be over the top. 

I bet the proposal video will feature his new song. 

If Lawson pops the question that will make 7 married and 3 engaged Bates right? So more than half the kids married off. That also brings them ties with the Duggars (unless Jana really is engaged). 

2022/2023 baby boom I guess. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yeah, I can't see Lawson "settling" for Florida and I think Hawaii would fit his need to be over the top. 

I bet the proposal video will feature his new song. 

If Lawson pops the question that will make 7 married and 3 engaged Bates right? So more than half the kids married off. That also brings them ties with the Duggars (unless Jana really is engaged). 

2022/2023 baby boom I guess. 

That means Whitney will probably have another, bringing their total to 5 kids.
Alyssa may have another one, bringing their total to 5.
Tori will probably have 2 more, bringing their total to 5.
Carlin will have another one, bringing their total to 2. She might go for a 3rd by then, too.
Josie will likely have another 1, or 2 bringing their total to 3 or 4.

And as the ones who aren't even married yet. They could potentially have 2 kids by the end of 2023, depending on fertility.

That's just crazy to me haha.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

That means Whitney will probably have another, bringing their total to 5 kids.
Alyssa may have another one, bringing their total to 5.
Tori will probably have 2 more, bringing their total to 5.
Carlin will have another one, bringing their total to 2. She might go for a 3rd by then, too.
Josie will likely have another 1, or 2 bringing their total to 3 or 4.

And as the ones who aren't even married yet. They could potentially have 2 kids by the end of 2023, depending on fertility.

That's just crazy to me haha.

By that point we might have an inkling of who is going for a full quiver and who is just going for larger family. I think Katie and Travis could have a smaller family just based on his smaller, well spaced out family. I think Nathan and Esther will pop out as many as they can though.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

By that point we might have an inkling of who is going for a full quiver and who is just going for larger family. I think Katie and Travis could have a smaller family just based on his smaller, well spaced out family. I think Nathan and Esther will pop out as many as they can though.

I don't think you can altready estabilish who is going for what, Those that have 3 or 4 very quickly in a row can also decide that it is enough after that and those that are spaced well can also face less fertility.

Only when they go over 6 or 7 children I would say that they are probably QF.

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I don't think you can altready estabilish who is going for what, Those that have 3 or 4 very quickly in a row can also decide that it is enough after that and those that are spaced well can also face less fertility.

That is what I am saying, until you have more than 4 or 5, it is hard to tell. But I think in 2.5 years, we'd have some inkling, not for Carlin or Josie but whether Zack and Whitney keep going (and what their spacing looks like) and Alyssa, whether Tori is working on 5 in 5 years, etc. 

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

19 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

They were all raised as part of the quiverfull movement. I'll believe they're not quiverfull when they show real signs of not being quiverfull and they talk about actually preventing and not just wishful thinking. 

5 or 6 kids is still a big family. Most of the people I knew growing up had no more than four kids and most families had less than that. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They were all raised as part of the quiverfull movement. I'll believe they're not quiverfull when they show real signs of not being quiverfull and they talk about actually preventing and not just wishful thinking. 

5 or 6 kids is still a big family. Most of the people I knew growing up had no more than four kids and most families had less than that. 

True, but in their circles 5 or 6 is not very big.

If they are getting children on a fairly fast rate and then after 5 it is done, I will consider them preventing to get more children. 

• Bless Your Heart 1

Today is Lawson's birthday (I had no idea it was the day after mine), do we think he would prose on his own birthday? I kinda think he would and make it cheesy like "you are the only present I need".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Today is Lawson's birthday (I had no idea it was the day after mine), do we think he would prose on his own birthday? I kinda think he would and make it cheesy like "you are the only present I need".

It would also be all about him so it fits perfectly.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

It would also be all about him so it fits perfectly.

It would. The only thing that makes me doubt a Hawaiian proposal is that Gil and Kelly aren't there, although her parents are. Are the parents usually there for these things?

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

True, but in their circles 5 or 6 is not very big.

If they are getting children on a fairly fast rate and then after 5 it is done, I will consider them preventing to get more children. 

Until they show signs of actually stopping, I don't believe they're not Quiverfull. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic