IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

On 5/27/2021 at 1:16 PM, HereticHick said:

Mark your calendars, Buckeyes state dwellers! Lawson Bates will be performing at a Christian Music Festival in Mineral City on July 18: https://www.alive.org/  Someone will need to swing by and pick up the Rodrigues teens on the way to the concert.

Oh god, I'm embarrassed to admit I went to Alive Fest in college one year! Actually, the friend I went with is from the same town where the Rods live. Anyway, the year I was there at least it was contemporary Christian-type bands. Lawson will fit in fine, but the Rods would be in a tizzy. 

Lawson doing some kind of public proposal is SO on-brand. Even if it's not at this performance, I think this is a great prediction. I think it's a given he will propose via song whenever it does happen.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TheGleeTeam said:

Oh god, I'm embarrassed to admit I went to Alive Fest in college one year! Actually, the friend I went with is from the same town where the Rods live. Anyway, the year I was there at least it was contemporary Christian-type bands. Lawson will fit in fine, but the Rods would be in a tizzy. 

Lawson doing some kind of public proposal is SO on-brand. Even if it's not at this performance, I think this is a great prediction. I think it's a given he will propose via song whenever it does happen.

If does a duet with her and releases it, he could play that song and then propose. Why does this feel like the only way Lawson would propose?

• Upvote 7

I'm emotionally invested in this now. If Lawson doesn't propose onstage at AliveFest and makes it all about him, I'm going to be super disappointed.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

If they do get engaged at this concert, I believe they will have a long engagement. I think Lawson will want to milk this as long as possible. And I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they end up breaking up.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they do get engaged at this concert, I believe they will have a long engagement. I think Lawson will want to milk this as long as possible. And I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they end up breaking up.

Oh yes! And then when the breakup talk dies down, get back together again!

Damn, he could get a lot of attention out of this! 

Bolded mine.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

If Katie is marrying in December, and Esther is now posting that she's having a #fallwedding, if Lawson &TIffy do get engaged, I predict they won't marry (if they do marry) till 2021. Lawson won't want to share the wedding spotlight with his siblings.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

If Katie is marrying in December, and Esther is now posting that she's having a #fallwedding, if Lawson &TIffy do get engaged, I predict they won't marry (if they do marry) till 2021. Lawson won't want to share the wedding spotlight with his siblings.

I’m sure you mean 2022 and I agree. Like I said before, he will want a long engagement to milk it as long as possible. I don’t see them setting a date before spring 2022.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Next question: where would Tiffany and Lawson get married? I think posters here have said that she’s from the San Diego area and her parents seem to be very well off. Would Tiffany be willing to get married in Tennessee at a probably huge savings compared to California? I guess she and her parents would have to weigh the convenience to their California family and friends to the convenience of Lawson’s family and the cost.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Next question: where would Tiffany and Lawson get married? I think posters here have said that she’s from the San Diego area and her parents seem to be very well off. Would Tiffany be willing to get married in Tennessee at a probably huge savings compared to California? I guess she and her parents would have to weigh the convenience to their California family and friends to the convenience of Lawson’s family and the cost.

I predict California. By the sea. But I agree that first: an onstage proposal with a custom song from Lawson, followup by a breakup that will result in so much social media vaguebooking and posting of bible verses that you won't be able to stand it, followed by Lawson writing a song about his broken heart pieces,  followed by the LORD LEADING THEM BACK TOGETHER and a tearful reunion and another public proposal (re-proposal?) covered by People or US, followed by Lawson writing a song about how the LORD LED THEM BACK TOGETHER, followed by the douchiest fundy bro bachelor weekend you've ever seen and SO! MANY! BRIDAL! SHOWERS!.  You may want to stock up on waterproof mascara.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 17

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I predict California. By the sea.

I offer samples:

image.png.21341ee54ca9926a618c6dd623ba6d62.png

Spoiler

image.png.ac06075b53b107fd68012660c6c7cee3.png

image.png.b4c586ed624c5fc0fbb9f0b8d97042b4.png

image.png.73af43babe04a16daf051a60409620a6.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:30 PM, HereticHick said:

I predict California. By the sea. But I agree that first: an onstage proposal with a custom song from Lawson, followup by a breakup that will result in so much social media vaguebooking and posting of bible verses that you won't be able to stand it, followed by Lawson writing a song about his broken heart pieces,  followed by the LORD LEADING THEM BACK TOGETHER and a tearful reunion and another public proposal (re-proposal?) covered by People or US, followed by Lawson writing a song about how the LORD LED THEM BACK TOGETHER, followed by the douchiest fundy bro bachelor weekend you've ever seen and SO! MANY! BRIDAL! SHOWERS!.  You may want to stock up on waterproof mascara.

I love this! Fundy soap opera ;) 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

06A36913-3A86-4B36-88DF-B6B3E2547857.thumb.jpeg.de9c89a60fc3f8bbb14300ca403c101c.jpeg

how did lawson manage to catch her? She dresses so far away from Bates modesty standards. 

None of the Bates boys have gone after girls who dress IBLP modest. Hell, none of them have even chosen anyone from families well known in IBLP like some of the Bates girls.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Looks like Yosemite. Insert requisite comment about where the heck does Lawson get all the money to travel to all these places, especially considering they can't even share one room to save money.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Looks like Yosemite. Insert requisite comment about where the heck does Lawson get all the money to travel to all these places, especially considering they can't even share one room to save money.

I didn't see Lawson in her pics. Is he with her in Yosemite?

• Upvote 4

Tiffypics? Am I just old and curmudgeonly? That’s just so…precious

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I didn't see Lawson in her pics. Is he with her in Yosemite?

He commented on her post, so I don't think he's with her.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

He commented on her post, so I don't think he's with her.

They did the Bringing up Bates live tonight together, so he was probably there.

• Upvote 1

I had my first fundie-dream last night. Lawson proposed to Tiffany on this festival but no-one was paying attention and people just walked away. It was a fun dream.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

22 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

06A36913-3A86-4B36-88DF-B6B3E2547857.thumb.jpeg.de9c89a60fc3f8bbb14300ca403c101c.jpeg

how did lawson manage to catch her? She dresses so far away from Bates modesty standards. 

I think it is because Bates sons always had different standards, so they don't really care. I find it interesting that the more fundie maidens the Bates sons have attempted to marry are the ones who ran far, far away. I wonder if the fundie background makes it easier for them to see through the preening facade and realize these guys are self absorbed assholes. 

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, raayx01 said:

They did the Bringing up Bates live tonight together, so he was probably there.

In her saved stories, she has one from 5 day ago saying he arrived early, so he is probably there.

Also, watching some of those stories, he is so patronizing with her and it is just... Ick. Run girl. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

In her saved stories, she has one from 5 day ago saying he arrived early, so he is probably there.

Also, watching some of those stories, he is so patronizing with her and it is just... Ick. Run girl. 

He patronizes her a lot and I imagine it isn’t a big deal to her now. But after 3 kids and a decade of marriage, anyone would want to strangle him because of it. 

• Upvote 16

On 6/24/2021 at 10:51 PM, Jasmar said:

Tiffypics? Am I just old and curmudgeonly? That’s just so…precious

You’re not alone.  It just sounds so - middle-schoolish. I think of her as Tiffypics (when I waste brain cells on this self-absorbed couple, which isn’t often). 

• Upvote 6

On 6/20/2021 at 6:30 PM, HereticHick said:

Now you just need to stop this right now!

You are going to mess around and manifest this circus!

?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He patronizes her a lot and I imagine it isn’t a big deal to her now. But after 3 kids and a decade of marriage, anyone would want to strangle him because of it. 

Yeah right now she is 22 and in love and he is older and handsome and she is probably a little in awe but one day she is going to wake up and realize he is a patronizing asshole. 

• Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic