IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

On 6/28/2021 at 11:00 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Are they leaving room for Jesus? I’m all seriousness looks like they are ready to front hug or *gasp* kiss. 

I was envisioning a few steps beyond that. The way he has one knee propped up and is straddling her and pulling her towards his crotch is beyond suggestive for fundies. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think I went to Erin being pushy because I am pretty sure Erin referred to Tiffany as her future sister in law in the past. 

Erin was the same way with Chaney. She also made some kind of comment after Michaela's wedding about hoping Michaela has 30 kids. While they obviously didn't know the struggles Michaela would face, it is one of those comments that I (personally) would be careful about saying. 

As I have said before, I had a hysterectomy about a decade ago. I was suffering from some gastro issues and throwing up several times a day. Coworkers started asking if I might be pregnant (and spreading that rumor). Nothing like kicking you while you're down. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 12

I don't think the aunt-thing is that weird. In their minds, she will be an aunt soon and it might be confusing for the younger kids to first call her 'miss tiffany' and then it becomes 'aunt tiffany'. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I don't think the aunt-thing is that weird. In their minds, she will be an aunt soon and it might be confusing for the younger kids to first call her 'miss tiffany' and then it becomes 'aunt tiffany'. 

My mom is the oldest of a large group of children. Her second youngest brother was dating a girl when I was a toddler and they got married when I was in first grade. I was the flower girl in their wedding. My mom went with him to buy the engagement ring. I went too and cried because I wanted one. Apparently I was satisfied to get a plastic one out of a machine.  

I always called her Aunt Cindy. I just simply had so many aunts and uncles that I called anyone who was an adult aunt or uncle. They divorced years ago, but she's still Aunt Cindy to me. There used to be such a thing in the US as you had cousins and courtesy cousins (not blood related). 

I'm good with my kids calling adults in our lives by titles that are earned/owned or not. They call my bff aunt and her husband is just his first name. They call another friend of mine Mama J because she babysits them and they play with her kids a lot (like my kids are always there). 

So long as it isn't a forced affection thing, I'm good with it. Most of the Bates grandchildren probably don't even realize who is related to them and who isn't at this point.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I see people use aunt so and so for women who aren’t their aunts and I’m totally fine with it. My cousin and I grew up almost like sisters and my kids call her aunt even though she’s a cousin to them. 

I just hate how Erin thinks she’s cute or funny pressuring Lawson into proposing when she should stay out of it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I think fundies push marriage so quickly so nothing sexual happens. If lawson is alone with Tiffany it’s going to be hard to not kiss and do other things when you are attracted to them. 

• Upvote 5

My kids do call most adults close to them aunt and uncle, so that isn't necessarily unusual, but I think because I know Erin has been pushy in the past, I went with her using it as a hint. Tiffany shared the story to her Instagram, so she obviously didn't mind. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/28/2021 at 8:49 AM, Flossie said:

Well, he could stage an onstage 'rescue'.  Tiffany is singing, and she's been instructed to approach the edge of the stage at the end of her song.  The security guards at the front have been told that the fan wearing all blue, who has been well-behaved until then, will rush the stage calling out for Tiffany and attempting to touch her foot, and they're to 'accidently' let him through.  He does so, and Tiffany takes a step back, looking startled, maybe even a bit afraid.

Don't give him ideas.  

• Upvote 5

I was born in the Ukraine and all adults were aunt and uncle. When my daughter was little she called all men Dadya  (uncle) in Russian. If she referred to a stranger in a store as Dadya the would quickly say “I’m not your daddy.” ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I also think it wouldn't have struck me as odd if she had said "Aunt Tiffy" while talking to the kids but going out of her way to tag the video like that is what struck me as pushy. 

• Upvote 7

On 7/2/2021 at 4:49 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

*snip*

So long as it isn't a forced affection thing, I'm good with it. Most of the Bates grandchildren probably don't even realize who is related to them and who isn't at this point.  

Even in smaller families this happens. There's a family I used to hangout with at events all of the time and all of the little kids thought I was one of their cousins too, because I was always hanging out with their three actual cousins. Super endearing, and does make logical sense.

• Upvote 1

Lots of families use auntie and uncle titles. Growing up in the 70s every adult friend of my parents was given that respect, others were called Mr or Mrs last name. My adult children use auntie and uncle just for actual auntie and uncles. I’m mid 50s and still call my aunties by that title. Heck, my mum is 78 and still has two aunties who she calls auntie. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Why not just call her Tiffany? I call my aunts and uncles by their first name only as well. 

I used the titles as a child as a sign of respect. As an adult...not so much except some of the much older ones. 

Tiffany is not the first they have done this with in the family. I seem to remember when Brandon came to visit Michaela and get to know the family, Kelly Jo was holding infant Bradley and brought him over to Michaela and Brandon. She said Bradley should meet his "uncle Brandon."

• Upvote 5

Titles like aunt and uncle have never been about respect for me. It’s always just showing significance in our lives. We even say “cousin so and so” about my kids’ cousins. They are the same age as my kids. It’s just about showing you are part of the family. And you don’t have to be blood related to be part of my family. 

• Upvote 4

In Denmark they don't really use titles a lot. Everyone is just firstname. No Mr/Mrs/Dr, or aunt/uncle, just whatever their name is. I think we are still a fairly respectful society. I would say that British schoolchildren are probably more well behaved than Danish ones. Whether that is because they use last names, I don't know. I don't think so, but I don't know. 

• Upvote 2

Tiffany posted "Thank you for being Amazing" on Lawson's most recent pic. Please, someone shoot me if I ever say that to my husband.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

So was there also an Aunt Ashley and an Aunt Chaney? Calling a girlfriend by such an intimate family name to children seems to be antithetical to their no broken heart pieces philosophy. Katie doesn’t even touch her boyfriend. Being dethroned as an aunt seems like it would cost a lot more heart pieces than kissing or having sex. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 7/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I also think it wouldn't have struck me as odd if she had said "Aunt Tiffy" while talking to the kids but going out of her way to tag the video like that is what struck me as pushy. 

I wouldn't put it past her to be pushing. The family in general seem to be very pushy when one of them is dating/courting someone. You have Kelly harassing Brandon and Bobby about proposing and her and Erin and other girls pressuring Tori to get married before she graduated when she wanted to wait. It wouldn't surprise me that Erin's using "Aunt Tiff" to be pushy about them getting engaged and married already. Introducing Chaney to the whole family at the I Love You Day with cameras and making her pick the winners of their contest and model dresses. They all are pretty obnoxious and don't seem to back off when someone new is dating/courting their siblings.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Looking at Lawson’s latest Instagram posts about his new single - he is absolutely going to time the proposal to promote it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 7/6/2021 at 2:16 PM, Johannah said:

So was there also an Aunt Ashley and an Aunt Chaney? Calling a girlfriend by such an intimate family name to children seems to be antithetical to their no broken heart pieces philosophy. Katie doesn’t even touch her boyfriend. Being dethroned as an aunt seems like it would cost a lot more heart pieces than kissing or having sex. 

Yes I agree. It's particularly hard on children who believe in fairy tales and believe everything will end up happily ever after. I suppose the same is true if they get married and then divorced. 

On 7/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

I wouldn't put it past her to be pushing. The family in general seem to be very pushy when one of them is dating/courting someone. You have Kelly harassing Brandon and Bobby about proposing and her and Erin and other girls pressuring Tori to get married before she graduated when she wanted to wait. It wouldn't surprise me that Erin's using "Aunt Tiff" to be pushy about them getting engaged and married already. Introducing Chaney to the whole family at the I Love You Day with cameras and making her pick the winners of their contest and model dresses. They all are pretty obnoxious and don't seem to back off when someone new is dating/courting their siblings.  

Yeah it's similar to fundies I know where they do stuff like that. 

• Upvote 4

Ugh Tiffany, can you not see how obsessed Lawson is with himself?  Today’s story has him rabbitting on about preordering his new single. The camera is focussed on him and Tiffany leans over to be on screen. Then he turns it so it’s just him again. This happens several times.  Run, girl, before it’s too late!

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Looking at Lawson’s latest Instagram posts about his new single - he is absolutely going to time the proposal to promote it.

On stage proposal this weekend. I am calling it now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

not that we know if this is his first relationship, but you don't write a song like this about a girl and then eventually breakup. I don't know when they will get engaged, but their gonna end up together.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic