IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Tiffany is young, beautiful and educated. Why would they want Lawson to marry her? I bet they're tolerating him for Tiffany's sake, but they secretly hope he'll eventually go away. They'd probably prefer someone with more financial stability and less reality-TV star fame.

Tolerating for Tiffany's sake doesn't translate into birthday trip to Hawaii. Plus someone is footing the bill for all the traveling Tiffany and Lawson do. And from the sounds of her degree, educated is a stretch. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Tolerating for Tiffany's sake doesn't translate into birthday trip to Hawaii. Plus someone is footing the bill for all the traveling Tiffany and Lawson do. And from the sounds of her degree, educated is a stretch. 

Is there evidence they paid for the trip? If they had to foot the bill for a 28-year old man, I doubt they'd be pleased with him. I'd expect a man pushing 30 to pay his own way, and I bet they do too. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Is there evidence they paid for the trip? If they had to foot the bill for a 28-year old man, I doubt they'd be pleased with him. I'd expect a man pushing 30 to pay his own way, and I bet they do too. 

I mean, Tiffany’s brother seems to be living the high life on their parents dime from what other posters have said, so I am not sure they have those expectations. Tiffany and Lawson explicitly said the Hawaii trip was a surprise for Lawson’s birthday (although in all fairness, her brother’s birthday is the next week) and Tiffany’s parents and brother accompanied them and based on what we know of Tiffany’s family, yeah I assume they paid for it. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean, Tiffany’s brother seems to be living the high life on their parents dime from what other posters have said, so I am not sure they have those expectations. Tiffany and Lawson explicitly said the Hawaii trip was a surprise for Lawson’s birthday (although in all fairness, her brother’s birthday is the next week) and Tiffany’s parents and brother accompanied them and based on what we know of Tiffany’s family, yeah I assume they paid for it. 

Wow, that's very generous of them, if that's true. They spent upwards of $2500 for a birthday gift for their daughter's boyfriend?

$500 Roundtrip tickets from Tennessee to Hawaii

$1400  Hotel room for seven nights at a decent hotel

$500 Food

That is extremely generous, hard to imagine really, especially since they'd need another $7500 for their own expenses. I'm also surprised Lawson would accept this.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Wow, that's very generous of them, if that's true. They spent upwards of $2500 for a birthday gift for their daughter's boyfriend?

$500 Roundtrip tickets from Tennessee to Hawaii

$1400  Hotel room for seven nights at a decent hotel

$500 Food

That is extremely generous, hard to imagine really, especially since they'd need another $7500 for their own expenses. I'm also surprised Lawson would accept this.

Her parents are involved with property management and financial advising and seem quite well off. But that trip is why I think a proposal is imminent. Tiffany has one semester left, at this point I am confident she gets a degree and a ring. 

And hey, proposing at her graduation would be very on brand for Lawson.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ok, Tiffany taking a bite out of every donut in the box to decide which she likes best is gross. I mean, I know it is just her and Lawson but still weird.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Her parents are involved with property management and financial advising and seem quite well off. But that trip is why I think a proposal is imminent. Tiffany has one semester left, at this point I am confident she gets a degree and a ring. 

And hey, proposing at her graduation would be very on brand for Lawson.

Good point.  I just don't think that having money necessarily means you're OK with paying for whatever. And Lawson took this $2500 gift? Have a little pride, man!

I also don't see why they'd be OK with Lawson. He has no visible means of support. I wouldn't be thrilled about my daughter marrying someone who has no education or job prospects. Presumably they want Tiff to have some financial security and probably stay at home with the kids. How will they do that, if Lawson has no income, few skills, and little education?

• Upvote 1

I think Tiff’s parents are wealthy enough to not need her to marry someone for financial support. They might be more concerned about her finding a good Christian husband who will be faithful to her and make her happy. Lawson’s a douche in his own way, but I think he’d be a faithful spouse and a decent father.

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think Tiff’s parents are wealthy enough to not need her to marry someone for financial support. They might be more concerned about her finding a good Christian husband who will be faithful to her and make her happy. Lawson’s a douche in his own way, but I think he’d be a faithful spouse and a decent father.

Are you saying they'd support Lawson and Tiffany? Like, give them money for food and clothing, forever? Do some families do that? LOL, mine wouldn't.

Here's some information about Tiff's parents' company, Espensen Properties. It is expected to generate $199,000 in income this year.  It employs three people (probably the parents and son, who is also a RE agent).

Espensen Properties is located in Desert Hot Springs, California. This organization primarily operates in the Nonresidential Building Operators business / industry within the Real Estate sector. This organization has been operating for approximately 11 years. Espensen Properties is estimated to generate $199,223 in annual revenues, and employs approximately 3 people at this single location.

https://www.buzzfile.com/business/Espensen-Properties-760-799-2548

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Are you saying they'd support Lawson and Tiffany? Like, give them money for food and clothing, forever? Do some families do that? LOL, mine wouldn't.

Yeah, that’s what I imagine wealthy people do. People with trust funds. I just assume some wealthy people work because they’re interested in the work, not necessarily for the income.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Yeah, that’s what I imagine wealthy people do. People with trust funds. I just assume some wealthy people work because they’re interested in the work, not necessarily for the income.

The wealthy people I know value education and hard work. They don't want their kids to have a free ride. But there are others who feel differently, I imagine.

In any event, if Espensen Properties earned less than $200,000 this year, I doubt the parents will be supporting anyone. It's not even clear if that's before taxes or expenses.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Tiffany's dad works as a financial advisor seperate to Espensen Properties and I am not clear if their real estate earnings are linked to that or if that is just the properties they manage. So $199,000 is likely only part of what they are making. Plus investments. But you are also expecting these people (who are.encouragong their daughter to spend all her time with her fundie boyfriend) to react like normal people. 

• Upvote 5

They probably have different companies set up for different arms of their business, each with its own income stream. They also probably have a decent investment portfolio. They may not be big players in the crowded real estate/financial advising market, but I’m sure they make a comfortable income. However, that doesn’t always translate into giving their kids and their kids’ significant others a free ride. Many of the entrepreneurs I know expect their kids to either work hard in the family business or start businesses of their own. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if her parents are totally supporting her/them but it seems obvious that they did pay for Hawaii and I think they do support a lot of Tiffany's travel, though she probably does have savings of her own and Lawson has started to do paid partnerships like his sisters.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, postscript said:

However, that doesn’t always translate into giving their kids and their kids’ significant others a free ride. Many of the entrepreneurs I know expect their kids to either work hard in the family business or start businesses of their own. 

Same here! I can't imagine they will support Lawson, Tiff and their future children, especially if they decide to live in expensive LA (or anywhere else, really). There are plenty of "godly" men out there who, you know, have jobs. Supporting Lawson/Tiff would be a huge undertaking, and I don't see any signs they are that fabulously wealthy.

Espensen Financial Services (the father's financial advising business) seems to exist but does not have a web page.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

It’s possible that they were planning to rent a house or get a large timeshare unit in Hawaii and it didn’t cost much to have Lawson there. Given how much he travels, he might have used miles for his ticket.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s possible that they were planning to rent a house or get a large timeshare unit in Hawaii and it didn’t cost much to have Lawson there. Given how much he travels, he might have used miles for his ticket.

Yes, if they rented a house he wouldn't cost them too much.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don't know if her parents are totally supporting her/them but it seems obvious that they did pay for Hawaii and I think they do support a lot of Tiffany's travel, though she probably does have savings of her own and Lawson has started to do paid partnerships like his sisters.

I can't imagine those paid partnerships earn him much. In fact, they may just pay him with their products or services. Are there any influencers out there who know more about this?

I doubt they paid for his airfare or rental car. I think it's possible, as someone suggested, that they rented a place and he flew himself out there and stayed with them. I don't think they bought him all his meals at restaurants, like he was a four-year old. 

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I can't imagine those paid partnerships earn him much. In fact, they may just pay him with their products or services. Are there any influencers out there who know more about this?

I doubt they paid for his airfare or rental car. I think it's possible, as someone suggested, that they rented a place and he flew himself out there and stayed with them. I don't think they bought him all his meals at restaurants, like he was a four-year old. 

I mean I have gone on vacation with my family and ILs where they have paid. My mom is planning a Disney trip for when the world becomes normal and had made it very clear she is going to be paying for everything. And Tiffany specifically referred to the trip as “Lawson’s birthday surprise”, so I would be shocked if he paid for himself. Either she did or her parents did. Plus my initial comment wasn’t about who was paying, but the fact that the vacation made me think that a proposal was imminent, since he is obviously getting very comfy with the family (and her brother posted a picture of the five labelled ‘familia’). 

i also don’t see paying for someone’s meals treating them like a four year old or that unusual. I flew to visit my cousin a couple years ago and she bought all my meals, she also paid for my flight. We had a friend visit a few weeks, I bought his meals. 

As for influencers, on a Reddit thread, there was a woman who commented she gets $3000 per paid story, which is what her agency suggests with her follower count/engagement level. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 12

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

As for influencers, on a Reddit thread, there was a woman who commented she gets $3000 per paid story, which is what her agency suggests with her follower count/engagement level. 

$3000 a story! Lawson wishes.

I read up on this. The amount that an influencer is paid is affected by a number of things. Basically, the CPE (level of engagement) is very important. Do Lawson's readers engage with him by "liking" or commenting? I looked at a few typical Lawson images of him looking studly. He got around 20 likes. Pics with Tiffany drew about 60 likes. That's not a lot at all, in comparison to other influencers.

There's also his age. Oddly enough, it's older women 35-45 who make the most on istagram, presumably recommending various clothes and household products. Young men Lawson's age is a mid-priced demographic. 

There's also his content. What the hell would you call it? Men's fashion? Photography? In any event, Food, Fashion and Kids/Family are the highest paid. That's probably what the Reddit lady peddled.

Anyhow, a formula commonly used is Recent Average Engagement (comments/likes) x 0.14 cents. So you have to have a pretty big audience to make a lot of money, and that audience has to engage with you. That 0.14 figure apparently increases with time, but I'm not sure how fast. The price per story is Recent Average View x 0.06

https://learn.aspireiq.com/rs/982-DON-266/images/How_Much_to_Pay_an_Instagram_Influencer.pdf

• Thank You 6

28 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

$3000 a story! Lawson wishes.

I read up on this. The amount that an influencer is paid is affected by a number of things. Basically, the CPE (level of engagement) is very important. Do Lawson's readers engage with him by "liking" or commenting? I looked at a few typical Lawson images of him looking studly. He got around 20 likes. Pics with Tiffany drew about 60 likes. That's not a lot at all, in comparison to other influencers.

There's also his age. Oddly enough, it's older women 35-45 who make the most on istagram, presumably recommending various clothes and household products. Young men Lawson's age is a mid-priced demographic. 

There's also his content. What the hell would you call it? Men's fashion? Photography? In any event, Food, Fashion and Kids/Family are the highest paid. That's probably what the Reddit lady peddled.

Anyhow, a formula commonly used is Recent Average Engagement (comments/likes) x 0.14 cents. So you have to have a pretty big audience to make a lot of money, and that audience has to engage with you. That 0.14 figure apparently increases with time, but I'm not sure how fast. The price per story is Recent Average View x 0.06

https://learn.aspireiq.com/rs/982-DON-266/images/How_Much_to_Pay_an_Instagram_Influencer.pdf

I have no idea how much Lawson is making, but where are you seeing 20 likes? His 3 most recent photos on Instagram have 7000, 22000, and 7800 likes. About 5-10% engagement based on his follower count (Carlin averages about 10% on most of her posts) His most recent video has 60,000 views, who knows how his stories do. Lawson does have the benefit of being on TV and being able to be featured in mainstream magaiznes, which would add to his markability. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5

Ummm. . . I went to the list of "Likes" and counted them up. However, if you say it's thousands, I believe you. I don't spend a lot of time on instagram, maybe I was looking at the wrong place?. AT 7000 likes, he'd be doing much better indeed, financially.

Edited by Jackie3

13 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Ummm. . . I went to the list of "Likes" and counted them up. However, if you say it's thousands, I believe you. I don't spend a lot of time on instagram, maybe I was looking at the wrong place?. AT 7000 likes, he'd be doing much better indeed, financially.

The likes are under the picture. On this one you can see the 22000 likes. I think he has a pretty decent follower base, given that he is pretty self obsessed.

Screenshot_20210917-145407.png

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean I have gone on vacation with my family and ILs where they have paid. My mom is planning a Disney trip for when the world becomes normal and had made it very clear she is going to be paying for everything.

Hello I would like to introduce myself I am your long lost Aussie Sister, me and your new five year old Disney loving niece “mini Aussie” would love to meet our “mom/nanny” on our soon to be Disney trip. Lol 

• Haha 16

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic