IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

21 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yeah right now she is 22 and in love and he is older and handsome and she is probably a little in awe but one day she is going to wake up and realize he is a patronizing asshole. 

I remember what I was like at 22 and I could easily see myself brushing off patronizing behavior from a guy I was totally in love with. I would never stand for it now at 38. But I admit I was much more tolerant of crappy behavior from boyfriends back then. Sigh.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I remember what I was like at 22 and I could easily see myself brushing off patronizing behavior from a guy I was totally in love with. I would never stand for it now at 38. But I admit I was much more tolerant of crappy behavior from boyfriends back then. Sigh.

Yep. And I have a friend who married at 20 to a guy who was 7-8 years older than her and within a few years she realized what a mistake she had made and that he was a jerk. I feel like age difference is actually a big thing in your 20s Because I think I was a completely different person at 28-29 than I was at 20-21. I think this might actually be the couple that bothers me the most. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yep. And I have a friend who married at 20 to a guy who was 7-8 years older than her and within a few years she realized what a mistake she had made and that he was a jerk. I feel like age difference is actually a big thing in your 20s Because I think I was a completely different person at 28-29 than I was at 20-21. I think this might actually be the couple that bothers me the most. 

They remind me of Jinger and Jeremy. Another fundie couple that I can’t stand for very similar reasons. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They remind me of Jinger and Jeremy. Another fundie couple that I can’t stand for very similar reasons. 

Oh god, that is the perfect comparison and it is 100% barf.

RUN TIFFY RUN!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I assume it’s their song release date? 

A1F3CCED-9726-484D-A9B1-4576FB2B9CF4.png

Lending even more credence to the idea that he'll propose on stage at that event in Ohio. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Lending even more credence to the idea that he'll propose on stage at that event in Ohio. 

The Ohio event is like July 19 or a little later and in the most recent BUB live chat he said that Nathan will be teasing him about marriage in the episode and said that he will be taking the next step pretty soon. I'm really starting to think that tis is going to be a on stage proposal. Tiffany deserves better than that, she deserves better than Lawson

• Upvote 6

Tiffany’s dad is divorced. If they do get married and she realizes she made a mistake, I hope she would consider divorce. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I’m wondering how he will manage to incorporate wearing his gun and badge into the proposal….

I hope if it is combined with his song release/festival appearance, Tiffany will understand that every life event will be publicised and monetised for profit- this will be her future.Maybe she’s fine with that.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I hope she realizes Lawson will make everything in their life all about him, will expect her to always drop everything to take pictures of him jumping, and will expect her to submit to whatever the hell he decides he wants for their life. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m wondering how he will manage to incorporate wearing his gun and badge into the proposal….

Well, he could stage an onstage 'rescue'.  Tiffany is singing, and she's been instructed to approach the edge of the stage at the end of her song.  The security guards at the front have been told that the fan wearing all blue, who has been well-behaved until then, will rush the stage calling out for Tiffany and attempting to touch her foot, and they're to 'accidently' let him through.  He does so, and Tiffany takes a step back, looking startled, maybe even a bit afraid.

Lawson strides out and gets between them, and gestures to security to take the fan away.  He's wearing his gun and badge, and looks all bad-ass and manly and authoritative.  He turns to Tiffany and takes her trembling hands and speaks quietly to her.  Tiffany immediately calms down and simpers at him, then hands him her microphone.  Lawson puts his arm around her waist and draws her close, and together they turn to the audience.  The applause sign above the stage starts lighting up and blinking on and off, causing the crowd to cheer.

Lawson waits a few moments, and then makes a gesture for the crowd to quiet down.  The applause sign changes to Shhhh, and the crowd falls silent.  Lawson addresses the crowd and explains who he is and says he has something to say to his Tiffy-poo.  Music starts and he belts out a song he wrote just for her.  She looks delighted and the crowd cheers again (thanks to the helpful signage above the stage) and then quietly listens to this man musically profess his undying love.

At the end of the song, Lawson drops to one knee and pulls out a ring.  With a voice throbbing with emotion, he asks Tiffany to be his bride.  She pulls him to his feet so she can throw herself into his arms to show the world that she accepts his proposal.  The crown goes wild as he slips the finest cubic zirconia ring he could afford on her finger.  They kiss and then he takes her hand and leads her off the stage.

Mission accomplished.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 27

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Are they leaving room for Jesus? I’m all seriousness looks like they are ready to front hug or *gasp* kiss. 

• Upvote 6

@Flossie i was about to build a story, where he has to use his gun to save her from some black live matters protesters or, even worse, antifa, but I feel like your story is much more elaborate.. I'd like to laugh and cry due to second-hand-shame if this happens, please.. (or when..)

• Upvote 4

On 6/27/2021 at 9:14 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I'm not sure that I am seeing her countenance in this pic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 6/28/2021 at 5:49 AM, Flossie said:

Well, he could stage an onstage 'rescue'.  Tiffany is singing, and she's been instructed to approach the edge of the stage at the end of her song.  The security guards at the front have been told that the fan wearing all blue, who has been well-behaved until then, will rush the stage calling out for Tiffany and attempting to touch her foot, and they're to 'accidently' let him through.  He does so, and Tiffany takes a step back, looking startled, maybe even a bit afraid.

Lawson strides out and gets between them, and gestures to security to take the fan away.  He's wearing his gun and badge, and looks all bad-ass and manly and authoritative.  He turns to Tiffany and takes her trembling hands and speaks quietly to her.  Tiffany immediately calms down and simpers at him, then hands him her microphone.  Lawson puts his arm around her waist and draws her close, and together they turn to the audience.  The applause sign above the stage starts lighting up and blinking on and off, causing the crowd to cheer.

Lawson waits a few moments, and then makes a gesture for the crowd to quiet down.  The applause sign changes to Shhhh, and the crowd falls silent.  Lawson addresses the crowd and explains who he is and says he has something to say to his Tiffy-poo.  Music starts and he belts out a song he wrote just for her.  She looks delighted and the crowd cheers again (thanks to the helpful signage above the stage) and then quietly listens to this man musically profess his undying love.

At the end of the song, Lawson drops to one knee and pulls out a ring.  With a voice throbbing with emotion, he asks Tiffany to be his bride.  She pulls him to his feet so she can throw herself into his arms to show the world that she accepts his proposal.  The crown goes wild as he slips the finest cubic zirconia ring he could afford on her finger.  They kiss and then he takes her hand and leads her off the stage.

Mission accomplished.

This sounds like a fundie D&D scenario. Cue a random encounter with Heathen Unbelievers…

Edited by Jasmar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

22 hours ago, Jasmar said:

This sounds like a fundie D&D scenario. Cue a random encounter with Heathen Unbelievers…

I'm embarrassed to say I've thought way too often about how you could do a fundie version of D&D. Roll to convert!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

So they are back in Tennessee because they were hanging out at Erin and Chad's last night, cuddling on the couch in the background of Erin's instagram story.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1

47 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So they are back in Tennessee because they were hanging out at Erin and Chad's last night, cuddling on the couch in the background of Erin's instagram story.

Was Jesus with them too? ?. I hate the double standards this family has for boys vs girls courting. 

• Upvote 10

36 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Was Jesus with them too? ?. I hate the double standards this family has for boys vs girls courting. 

I think they're hypocrites for a lot of the things they have said vs. done in regard to courtship, but I don't see that much of a double standard based on genders (when it comes to courtship; plenty of other double standards going on). I think it's more their standards are changing in practice over time, even if they still spew the same nonsense. Josie and Carlin both posted photos similar to the one above while courting, and appeared to have no issues with very close physical contact. Zach was made to publicly apologize for kissing Whitney before marriage, while both Josie and Alyssa have said they kissed before marriage without any hint of remorse or backlash. And I didn't really know much about the Bates with Nathan was courting Ashley, but I don't remember the same kind of PDA with her that he has no problem showing with Esther. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, for example, I think a lot of the physical distancing with Katie and Travis is coming from his family as they seem to be more strict and his siblings had the same no touch rules. 

Erin also referred to Tiffany as Aunt Tiffany in her stories. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yeah, for example, I think a lot of the physical distancing with Katie and Travis is coming from his family as they seem to be more strict and his siblings had the same no touch rules. 

Erin also referred to Tiffany as Aunt Tiffany in her stories. 

That could just be a respect thing. Maybe they don't want their kids calling adults by their first name. Tho Tiff is barely an adult!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

That could just be a respect thing. Maybe they don't want their kids calling adults by their first name. Tho Tiff is barely an adult!

Yeah I immediately thought it was a respect thing too, especially since it’s the south. Anyone who was older than me when I was a kid was Miss, Mrs., Mr., Aunt, or Uncle First Name. Even my 15 year old babysitter was Miss First Name when I was little despite the fact that she was a kid too. Erin is the pushy sister too though so she may also be heavily hinting towards some wedding bells sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Yeah I immediately thought it was a respect thing too, especially since it’s the south. Anyone who was older than me when I was a kid was Miss, Mrs., Mr., Aunt, or Uncle First Name. Even my 15 year old babysitter was Miss First Name when I was little despite the fact that she was a kid too. Erin is the pushy sister too though so she may also be heavily hinting towards some wedding bells sooner rather than later. 

I think I went to Erin being pushy because I am pretty sure Erin referred to Tiffany as her future sister in law in the past. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think I went to Erin being pushy because I am pretty sure Erin referred to Tiffany as her future sister in law in the past. 

This sort of thing annoys the shit out of me. Let people get married and have kids on their own timeline. Pressuring people will just annoy them or make them marry sooner than they want. Neither is a good result. So why do it?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic