IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

Carlin and Evan had to wait for such an insanely long time and she's never struck me as a patient person. Imo, if Josie was kissing she was kissing.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

On 5/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, Sarcastically spinster said:

This actually doesn't match the data we have.  COVID tests are showing a significant false negative rate, but false positives are rare.  False negatives are more likely with human error in sample collection, or if the sample was collected too early before there was enough viral load present to be detectable.  

According to this article in virology journal, the PCR test is about 90% sensitive, though that is going to be affected by how soon after symptom onset the test is done (which means about a 10% false negative rate):  https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12985-021-01489-0

This is a plain-language summary:  https://www.hearthsidemedicine.com/post/rapid-covid-tests-we-have-them-but-how-accurate

Negative rapid tests need PCR confirmation - or more time if they're done too quickly after symptom onset.  Positive tests mean you almost certainly have it.  

To the bolded:

My husband's employer tests all of their (asymptomatic) essential workers weekly with the rapid test and at least monthly with the PCR test.  Positive rapid tests require immediate PCR testing.  Over the past 15 months they have had many false positive rapid tests.  My husband received 3 different positive rapid test results - each one followed by multiple negative PCR tests.  (They had to have 3 negative PCR tests in a row in order to return to work.)  Although this did not happen to everyone, he was definitely not unique.  

ETA - I am not trying to say that the tests are totally inaccurate or not worthwhile.  I think that rapid testing is worthwhile to do but unexpected results should be followed by a PCR test.  My husband's employer did a fantastic job keeping COVID out of a workplace that is essential to maintaining the health and safety of the public.  

Edited by Born Skeptic
added info
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Born Skeptic said:

ETA - I am not trying to say that the tests are totally inaccurate or not worthwhile.  I think that rapid testing is worthwhile to do but unexpected results should be followed by a PCR test.  My husband's employer did a fantastic job keeping COVID out of a workplace that is essential to maintaining the health and safety of the public.  

Anecdotally I've definitely heard about false positive rapid tests.  I haven't searched closely for data, but what I have found doesn't seem to indicate that percentage-wise it's a large percentage, though it could be out there and I just haven't seen it.  Data changes so fast with this right now, too, and there may be updated data that I haven't seen or that isn't released yet.  There may be a rapid test out there that's throwing a lot more false positives than is typical of the rapid tests that you're using, or you may have someone involved in their testing process that's bad about avoiding contamination.  

The specificity of a test tells you how good it is at avoiding false positives.  But human error is one of the major factors in false negatives or positives, if the sample wasn't collected correctly, the test wasn't performed accurately, etc.  If you have a particularly error-prone human involved in the testing process, a bad batch of tests, etc., you can easily have a higher percentage locally than you have across the board.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

The specificity of a test tells you how good it is at avoiding false positives.  But human error is one of the major factors in false negatives or positives, if the sample wasn't collected correctly, the test wasn't performed accurately, etc.  If you have a particularly error-prone human involved in the testing process, a bad batch of tests, etc., you can easily have a higher percentage locally than you have across the board.  

I'm pretty well versed in medical testing and study protocols.  They are using the CDC and government industry regulatory commission recommended test and had their process (internal company physician supervising outside per diem RNs with samples processed by Quest Diagnostics) closely examined due to the high false positive rates.  The determination was that their testing and process was well within guidelines (and considering the standards within their industry, probably above and beyond the norm of physicians' offices and drive up testing).  The CDC believes that since everyone tested was asymptomatic, the rapid test was picking up the presence of another coronavirus in their system.  The rapid test does not have high specificity differentiating between the 7 strains of coronaviruses.  

(Symptomatic employees were screened out before entering the gate and sent off site for testing.)

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Born Skeptic said:

The CDC believes that since everyone tested was asymptomatic, the rapid test was picking up the presence of another coronavirus in their system.  The rapid test does not have high specificity differentiating between the 7 strains of coronaviruses.  

That makes sense.  I haven't seen that data, but I know the difficulty differentiating different coronaviruses was an issue with the antibody tests as well, so it makes sense they would run into that with the rapid as well.  

Thanks for the additional information!

• Upvote 1

I think it might make a difference how the testing is done.

In my company, we were tested every day before training a couple of weeks back. They asked wheter we prefered them taking the sample in our throat or in the nose. Whenever I do rapid tests myself, I only use the nose and in our drive-through they also only use samples via nose.

I think certain kinds of substances might make for a false positive, if you take a sample in your throat. I know we had been asked wheter we had eaten something in the last 30 minutes.

Maybe some tests are only to be used in certain ways, and if you use them differently, the results may be wrong. I don't know if this might be the case everytime, but it might explain a certain amount of false positives. And I am not saying everybody who has a false positive is an idiot, certainly sometimes tests just are faulty, but some people certainly have issues following directions. As evidenced with people who, after 1,5 years, still do know know how to wear a mask :D

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

That's a pretty intimate caress in this little Lawson video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP4S0RJhsRX/

You know they are kissing all the time. They just aren’t posting videos or pictures of it. And I am eternally grateful. Because seeing lawson kissing all the time would make me gag. I bet he likes to kiss near mirrors so he can watch himself kiss her. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 22

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet he likes to kiss near mirrors so he can watch himself kiss her.

OMG this is great and I feel positive it's also completely true! Gag... now my mind is seeing it

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

She is so tinyyyyyyy. I can't wait to see what happens after eleventy babies. Probably nothing. ? Half her luck.

• Upvote 5

On 5/27/2021 at 9:44 PM, FrumpyAtheist said:

This site is so quick to label anyone whose opinions they don't agree with as a "troll." It's really tiresome. I disagree with lots of things Jackie and many others say but manage to assume they're said in earnest and don't call people trolls. Calling someone a troll is an attempt to shut down conversation. I hope we can all be better than that.

And I hoped our members would never stoop to being openly transphobic.... so I guess we can't.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Love 7

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

That's a pretty intimate caress in this little Lawson video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP4S0RJhsRX/

Why is he holding her arm so awkwardly in the first part? Looks like he’s kidnapping her or something! At first I thought it was because they don’t hold hands (a la Katie and Travis), but the rest of the video shows that’s clearly not the case! 

Edited by Alysabeth
Posted too soon.
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

Why is he holding her arm so awkwardly in the first part? Looks like he’s kidnapping her or something! At first I thought it was because they don’t hold hands (a la Katie and Travis), but the rest of the video shows that’s clearly not the case! 

She's showing knees. he's touching side boob. It's getting downright PG on his Instagram. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

On 6/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

And I hoped our members would never stoop to being openly transphobic.... so I guess we can't.

Well, since you're derailing the thread to bring this up, I recommend you read this landmark case ruling on gender critical beliefs in Europe (Maya Forstater's famous case, judgment announced today. She won.). The tide is turning. Women's rights aren't transphobic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57426579

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • Fuck You 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Well, since you're derailing the thread to bring this up, I recommend you read this landmark case ruling on gender critical beliefs in Europe (Maya Forstater's famous case, judgment announced today. She won.). The tide is turning. Women's rights aren't transphobic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57426579

Please do not complain about thread drift. It is allowed and part of our culture.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I am certainly not complaining about thread drift. I'm preemptively avoiding the inevitable accusations that I'm the one shoe-horning this topic into the thread, and I am not.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

47 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Every time I see him I hear Carly Simon's "You're so Vain" in my head.

Yes!  You had one eye on the mirror....

that line is dead on for him if you trade mirror for portrait mode on his phone.  

He's not a bad looking guy, but he's no where near as good looking as he clearly thinks he is.

• Upvote 16

Lawson turns 29 in about 6 weeks. Wonder if his parents are pressuring him to get engaged.

It also occurs to me that he could be very extra  and propose to Tiffany ONSTAGE during the Christian Music Festival.  

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

On 6/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, HereticHick said:

Lawson turns 29 in about 6 weeks. Wonder if his parents are pressuring him to get engaged.

It also occurs to me that he could be very extra  and propose to Tiffany ONSTAGE during the Christian Music Festival.  

I think he would totally do this. It is both super extra (and obnoxious) and makes the proposal more about him than her, which I think would appeal.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 14

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think he would totally do this. It is both super extra (and obnoxious) and makes the proposal more about him than her, which I think would appeal.

Exactly.

• Upvote 6

On 6/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, HereticHick said:

Oh dang. He would 100000 percent do this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Oh dang. He would 100000 percent do this. 

Oh yes, for all the reasons stated plus that sweet sweet publicity. They will be the new Vuolos- no real purpose to them other than posing and writing a book about their relationship experience. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 6/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, HereticHick said:

This would be the most ridiculously Lawson thing ever haha. I don't know that it'll happen, they've only been "talking" for less than a year, and all of the Bates relationships since Alyssa have been longer than that. But none of the fundies have done a "public" proposal before and if anyone were to be the first it's Lawson ?

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic