IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Until they show signs of actually stopping, I don't believe they're not Quiverfull. 

I think some of them will go into this quiverful, and then, when they have 5/6/7 year olds who need to be at least marginally educated, and the parents have to do the marginal paperwork that goes along with homeschooling, and they have two-three toddlers/infants and a preschooler or two  howling in the background, they may decide to stop or space.  Whether consciously or subconsciously.  

I could actually see some of them more likely to keep shooting the kids out like little nerf arrows if they were sending them to public school.  Because then you probably only have 3 or so home full time.  But that would expose them to evil learnings, so...what's worse? Worldly education, or limiting your family size?  Satan's coming, either way.

Edited by monkeyrocks71
  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Is anyone else worried that Lawson, if he marries Tiffany, is going to have mixed children? I'm a mixed woman that had a white parent that had no business having a child of color. The white side of my family is so similar to the Bates and all the racism, subtle and not so subtle, destroyed my identity growing up. I was shamed if I ever acted other than "white" and honestly even when I behaved like Marcia fucking Brady it was still never enough because my skin and my features didn't match theirs.

I really hope this relationship fails as harsh as that may sound. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 40

On 7/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, displayname said:

Is anyone else worried that Lawson, if he marries Tiffany, is going to have mixed children? I'm a mixed woman that had a white parent that had no business having a child of color. The white side of my family is so similar to the Bates and all the racism, subtle and not so subtle, destroyed my identity growing up. I was shamed if I ever acted other than "white" and honestly even when I behaved like Marcia fucking Brady it was still never enough because my skin and my features didn't match theirs.

I really hope this relationship fails as harsh as that may sound. 

I can't bring the same perspective, but this has occured to me. Every time I've brought it up, somebody brings up Kelly's mother adopted black sisters, so the Bates can't be racist. But I also see this as potential problem among many problems that could come up from this relationship. 

• Upvote 17

40 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I can't bring the same perspective, but this has occured to me. Every time I've brought it up, somebody brings up Kelly's mother adopted black sisters, so the Bates can't be racist. But I also see this as potential problem among many problems that could come up from this relationship. 

The fundie ideas of adoption are very skewed - even leaving out Gothard's stance of sins of the father. However, the situation of adoption of two black children is very different than that of an international adoption Tiffany's parents went through in Fundieland. As I have mentioned before, through my experiences with international adoption I saw a lot of evangelical and fundie couples. It was, for them, an act of white savior complex that they were saving the soul of this poor child from some other country who wouldn't know Jesus any other way. There are whole agencies that cater to this mindset and have specific questions on their forms about such things. I was turned away from one such agency because I did not have church membership nor a plan to raise a child in a church.  While I think that giving any child a better chance through adoption is a wonderful thing, that just isn't the mindset of fundamentalists who think that there should be no abortion and every parent should raise their own children in the US. So I doubt Kelly Jo or really any of the Bates looks at Tiffany through the same lens as she does her mother's adoption of Beth and Bekah. 

Regarding Beth and Bekah, Kelly Jo was already a married woman with children when her mother adopted two children. She didn't grow up with them, learn from them, recognize differences in culture or mindset, etc. They were simply children who her children played with when the family visited her mother. From the limited times we have seen them on television, Kelly Jo's interactions with them are pretty superficial. That's pretty understandable given the stage of life Kelly Jo was at when they were adopted. I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly Jo was a little annoyed with her mother at the time, as here Kelly Jo was having baby after baby and her mother wasn't the doting grandmother giving Kelly Jo attention. Her mother was busy with two small children to raise herself. 

Kelly Jo's family life is odd to say the least. She has siblings - a brother who died, two sisters from her own childhood, and then two more sisters. She doesn't appear to be close to any of them. That is probably in large part due to her sisters being raised by their father after the divorce and Kelly Jo staying with their mother. I think that a lot of the things we see in Kelly Jo as related to her parenting, participation in her daughters' lives, etc. can be traced back to that lack of relationship with her own siblings. But in terms of racism, all that her sisters being adopted means is that Kelly Jo's mother is open minded and has no correlation with Kelly Jo, Gil, or anyone else. 

• Upvote 24
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No that’s not how it goes. When ADOPTION is brought up, Kelly’s sisters are brought up. Most people who have been on FJ for awhile know the Bateses had a racist confederate room in their house. FJ knows the Bateses are racist. Their kind of racism probably sees her as a “model minority” and will assume Lawson’s kids will be good at math. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Re Kelly's mother adopting - correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kelly stay with her dad when her parents broke up - or am I misremembering. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their kind of racism probably sees her as a “model minority” and will assume Lawson’s kids will be good at math. 

As if any Bates child or grandchild would ever be praised (or noticed) as being good at math.?

Bates are the type of folks who would use terms like "China flu" in front of Tiffany without giving it a second thought. And if she wanted to nod to her Chinese heritage in her wedding ceremony--or, horrors--teach her future kids a few Mandarin or Cantonese words--I guarantee eyebrows would be raised (and Lawson could not conceive of learning to say "Ni Hao" or "Xièxiè" unless you perhaps held a gun to his head).

But I also have a feeling that Tiffany has been raised to ignore her Chinese heritage.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4

On 7/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, clueliss said:

Re Kelly's mother adopting - correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kelly stay with her dad when her parents broke up - or am I misremembering. 

Her sisters and brothers went with the father while Kelly stayed with her mom. 

• Thank You 3

What are the age differences between Kelly and her younger adopted siblings? I thought they were closer to her age than her children’s ages but that was just an assumption based on nothing. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

What are the age differences between Kelly and her younger adopted siblings? I thought they were closer to her age than her children’s ages but that was just an assumption based on nothing. 

She is 22-23 years older than her sisters. Beth was born the same year as Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

So are the endlessly vacationing couple, engaged or no? I'm tempted to say no simply because Ma and Pa Bates didn't tag along on the Hawaii trip (although her parents did)

image.png.1e4dd42b5423dd66e34640d14cd51ba2.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 9

How do they afford all of this endless travelling?  It’s a complete mystery to me. And if they’re serious about their relationship, why are they spending this mystery money on endless holidays and not saving for a deposit for a house?  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

36 minutes ago, Karma said:

How do they afford all of this endless travelling?  It’s a complete mystery to me. And if they’re serious about their relationship, why are they spending this mystery money on endless holidays and not saving for a deposit for a house?  

I bet a trip like this Hawaii one is 100% funded by Tiffany’s parents. They seem to have a lot of money. Tiffany’s brother’s Instagram is essentially Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

I don’t see Tiffany’s brother and Lawson having anything in common. It seems like their relationship would be very awkward.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I bet a trip like this Hawaii one is 100% funded by Tiffany’s parents. They seem to have a lot of money. Tiffany’s brother’s Instagram is essentially Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

I don’t see Tiffany’s brother and Lawson having anything in common. It seems like their relationship would be very awkward.

I don't know anything about Tiffany's brother, including his name. Why do you (or anyone else who has seen his SM) think he and Lawson wouldn't get along?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

I don't know anything about Tiffany's brother, including his name. Why do you (or anyone else who has seen his SM) think he and Lawson wouldn't get along?

Tiffany's brother's SM makes Lawson's galivanting look like child's play. Partying on yachts with scantily clad models, trips all over the world, flaunting his luxury accommodations. To me it looks like he has what Lawson thinks he has/aspires to have. Freedom to travel wherever he wants, no real responsibilities (that I can tell from SM), hanging out with the pretty people. I could see Lawson trying to buddy up to him, but I can't see Erik reciprocating. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Tiffany's brother's SM makes Lawson's galivanting look like child's play. Partying on yachts with scantily clad models, trips all over the world, flaunting his luxury accommodations. To me it looks like he has what Lawson thinks he has/aspires to have. Freedom to travel wherever he wants, no real responsibilities (that I can tell from SM), hanging out with the pretty people. I could see Lawson trying to buddy up to him, but I can't see Erik reciprocating. 

Erik supports BLM and he more than likely has gay friends. From his social media, he actually presents as a nice person. He has tons of friends that seem to adore him. I saw one post that I can’t seem to locate now that indicated to me that he is a recovering alcoholic. Maybe he’s a Christian (and maybe not) but he’s certainly not fundie. He seems very close to Tiffany so I wonder if he thinks this is the best path for her. But maybe he thinks Lawson will make her happy and that’s all that matters.

• Upvote 18

I just realized my cousin went to the Alive concert where Lawson played. She posted about loving the big name Christian bands there. She said nothing of lawson. I’m guessing a lot of people who went were like that. They were only there for the big name Christian bands and didn’t much care about Lawson. Lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 9

On 8/2/2021 at 7:00 PM, JDuggs said:

I would have to agree that the Hawaii trip (and probably others) were funded by Tiffany's parents. Tiffany's brother has a photo with the caption "Mi Familia" and it is Eric, Tiffany, their parents, and Lawson all in Hawaii together. 

Eric is followed by several celebrities on Social Media. This really is such a bizarre crossover for me that Lawson and the Bates family have this bizarre connection to the "Hollywood elite" associated people of the world.

• Upvote 14

We haven’t talked about the new video, have we? Tiffany plays a clumsy waitress at the Loveless Cafe, who has a bad day at work, which gets better when Lawson picks her up for a date. She appears to still be living with her parents; it’s a nice house for a single waitress. They go to a cabin’s porch and eat something involving marshmallows on a stick (probably chocolate fondue, but maybe tabletop s’mores). Then they sit together on a two-person swing and she puts her legs (in a short skirt) over his. The video is pretty good. The song kinda sucks, but it wouldn’t stand out as all that bad on country radio.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

I really enjoyed this very believable part of the video where Tiffany, the waitress, holds two mugs of coffee in one hand while filling them and inevitably spills them. Totally normal coffee pouring behavior. Not at all contrived. 

9C7266B5-F840-45AC-826F-8A2643ABF048.png

E496226D-1137-4A23-B05C-8C5D1C0418F5.png

• Haha 10

Did anyone read the People Magazine puff piece about Lawson’s new song? It says how the video co-stars his girlfriend Tiffany (no last name). Either she’s not important enough to mention her last name or she wants to be like Madonna or Cher or the new Tiffany. His age is given, but not hers. It isn’t mentioned that she’s an actress. In fact, Tiffany says she’s never done anything like this before. I guess she means act in a music video since she’s acted in movies and TV shows. But I guess they’ll downplay everything about her because Lawson is the “star.” She must really be in love or dumb to settle for playing second fiddle to this clown.

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

Looking at Tiffany’s acting credits, I wonder if she worked as a child actor as somewhat of a hobby, but isn’t planning to pursue it in the future. Maybe she aspires to be some type of a Christian influencer and that’s about it.

• Upvote 4

Uh, guys, you realize that if Lawson is in Hawaii after July 8 he had to have been vaccinated right? Not once but twice, fully vaccinated?  Maybe he is the smart Bates after all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Uh, guys, you realize that if Lawson is in Hawaii after July 8 he had to have been vaccinated right? Not once but twice, fully vaccinated?  Maybe he is the smart Bates after all. 

If any of the Bates were to get vaccinated, Lawson would make sense. He travels sooo much. But also a lot of convert venues are considering making vaccines a requirement. I could see him "justifying" it by blaming it on restrictions. 

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic