IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

Lawson posted this in response to our servicemembers killed by suicide bombers at the Kabul AIrport. I guess Lawson can't conceive that some of our dead might be married women or women with children:

" I pray for the kids now left without a father, the moms who just lost a son or daughter, and the wives who lost a husband."

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 9

Natural disaster? Never fear! Lawson Bates will be there to make the world safe for selfies! 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

An ABC news correspondent called Matt Gutman has commented on Lawson's post, can anyone tell me anything about him? I'm not in the US so not sure about political affiliations etc of this reporter. Seems surprisingly high profile to be commenting on Lawson's instagram. 

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 20.33.10.png

Edited by bal maiden
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

An ABC news correspondent called Matt Gutman has commented on Lawson's post, can anyone tell me anything about him? I'm not in the US so not sure about political affiliations etc of this reporter. Seems surprisingly high profile to be commenting on Lawson's instagram. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Gutman

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Fishing for any kind of story or exclusive I bet.  Cast a big enough net and you might hit an exclusive. I have seen this happen on hashtags where news people ask to use their pics and stuff. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Wasn't the hurricane named Ida? Or is elda short for something i don't get? 

This has thrown me a couple of times. The capital I in Ida reads like el, hence the confusion. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Suspended from ABC twice, for inaccurate reporting and ignoring hospital covid policy. Nice. I don’t watch TV news a lot so I’ve never seen his work. Seems like a good looking, white, adventure junkie reporter seeking the easiest story of reporting on good looking, white, adventure junkie heroes. I’m certain the Medic Corps crew make it a point to stick by the press to get noticed and to stay out of any real danger.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Suspended from ABC twice, for inaccurate reporting and ignoring hospital covid policy. Nice. I don’t watch TV news a lot so I’ve never seen his work. Seems like a good looking, white, adventure junkie reporter seeking the easiest story of reporting on good looking, white, adventure junkie heroes. I’m certain the Medic Corps crew make it a point to stick by the press to get noticed and to stay out of any real danger.

So a wanker right up medi corps alley?tick   

• Upvote 15

8 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

This has thrown me a couple of times. The capital I in Ida reads like el, hence the confusion. 

Aaaah yeah now i get it. I read it, thinking about the german word, so you wouldnt use the E at the end. 

Maybe it was also too late to think about that... 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

And this is why in Washington DC, which has streets named after (almost) all the letters of the alphabet, "I Street" is often written out phonetically as "Eye Street"

• Upvote 8

It’s sad that Tiffany seems to have morphed into a Lawson worshipper and little else, when she was the one with the more successful career.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

It’s sad that Tiffany seems to have morphed into a Lawson worshipper and little else, when she was the one with the more successful career.

I recently rewatched Spider-Man homecoming. Fuck her face pissed me off. I can’t unsee her now and I hate it. I love Spider-Man. So far so good no mention of her being in the new one. I hate that a fundie is in some of my favourite movies. And when borders open up may head down under with that douche canoe to see Bindi. 

• Upvote 10

Tiffany posted saying she is on the last semester of her master's degree. Any idea where she is studying and what? Also she seems to travel a lot for someone working on a master's degree, most of my friends were crazy busy while working on theirs. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

@CanadianMamam She's getting a Masters in something international relations I think? At liberty 

So this?

https://www.liberty.edu/online/government/masters/international-relations/

"Our international relations degree provides training from a Judeo-Christian perspective on international affairs and American foreign policy. The online master’s in international relations can give you a basis for understanding the relationship between U.S. foreign policy and the Middle East. Each course will be grounded in a biblical perspective on government, politics, and diplomacy."🙄🙄

Writing a Master's Thesis is optional, and there also seem to be no language requirements for this <ahem> International Relations degree.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 19
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, HereticHick said:

So this?

"Our international relations degree provides training from a Judeo-Christian perspective on international affairs and American foreign policy. The online master’s in international relations can give you a basis for understanding the relationship between U.S. foreign policy and the Middle East. Each course will be grounded in a biblical perspective on government, politics, and diplomacy."🙄🙄

Writing a Master's Thesis is optional, and there also seem to be no language requirements for this <ahem> International Relations degree.

I eye-rolled so hard that my eyes got stuck. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I eye-rolled so hard that my eyes got stuck. 

Same.  One of my bachelor degree majors was international relations, and it had a language requirement and I wrote an honors thesis for it. I could probably earn a Liberty U. Masters with my eyes closed.

[as long as I was willing to fork over a load of $$]

• Upvote 14

do you all think they are going to get married at the end ?

I don't know why I don't see it 

I feel that he's just having fun with this relationship, nothing serious.

and I think that she can do better and she's still young 

• Upvote 2

I think they are going to get engaged as soon as she finishes her “masters” degree. She has one semester left. They have been travelling together, posing fairly intimately, etc. I know he is older and might not have to follow as much rules, but I feel like with the show he would still toe a line. I think he has at least told his parents he intends to marry her. 

Do I think she could do better? Yes. But she also seems to adore him, so I think she is blind to his flaws and would say yes. As for being young, she is the same age as mother-of-two Josie and older than soon-to-be bride Katie. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:06 PM, HereticHick said:

So this?

Is that legit??? Like accredited???? And people pay money for that degree ??? 🤣🤣🤣

I mean nothing wrong for having this as an interest. That’s cool secondary work but how can this be all?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Lawson referred to the Hawaii trip as a surprise birthday trip and we know her parents were there, so I am guessing they paid and if they paid to take him to Hawaii for his birthday, i bet they expect him to marry their daughter. I am calling engagement as soon as she graduates. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lawson referred to the Hawaii trip as a surprise birthday trip and we know her parents were there, so I am guessing they paid and if they paid to take him to Hawaii for his birthday, i bet they expect him to marry their daughter. I am calling engagement as soon as she graduates. 

Tiffany is young, beautiful and educated. Why would they want Lawson to marry her? I bet they're tolerating him for Tiffany's sake, but they secretly hope he'll eventually go away. They'd probably prefer someone with more financial stability and less reality-TV star fame.

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic