IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

15 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

not that we know if this is his first relationship, but you don't write a song like this about a girl and then eventually breakup. I don't know when they will get engaged, but their gonna end up together.

Lawson is in love with himself and Lawson always comes first. If Tiffany figures that out before their wedding day, they won’t end up together. The Bates boys tend to get dumped, not the other way around. I don’t think Lawson will break up with Tiff. I think that if she sees him for the self obsessed fundie that he is, she will dump him. 

I also think it’s possible Tiffany will see the truth while married and I could see her wanting a divorce once she’s 30 and sees things clearly. She’s so young and naive now. 

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also think it’s possible Tiffany will see the truth while married and I could see her wanting a divorce once she’s 30 and sees things clearly. She’s so young and naive now. 

I think you’re right and despite the strong indoctrination, there’ll be at least a few divorces for the Bates and Duggar families. 
I don’t wish them unhappy marriages, but I do hope that those who end up in relationships that aren’t fulfilling will eventually separate and live more self-determined lives. 

• Upvote 13

Just now, FluffySnowball said:

I think you’re right and despite the strong indoctrination, there’ll be at least a few divorces for the Bates and Duggar families. 
I don’t wish them unhappy marriages, but I do hope that those who end up in relationships that aren’t fulfilling will eventually separate and live more self-determined lives. 

Lawson doesn’t realize it, but he can’t trap Tiff in marriage like other fundie men trap their wives. If you want a wife who can’t leave you, then you have to pick a girl who has no money of her own, her family doesn’t have much money either, and she doesn’t have the potential to divorce you and make her own money as a single mom. Tiffany absolutely can do those things. Someone like Anna Duggar does not have many options so she would have a MUCH harder time leaving because her choices are more limited. 

• Upvote 28

50 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

not that we know if this is his first relationship, but you don't write a song like this about a girl and then eventually breakup. I don't know when they will get engaged, but their gonna end up together.

Yeah. And he put her on the cover of the single. He plans on proposing any day now, I would money on it.

I think they will get married. She is young and right now it seems like she adores him and I think (unlike Esther) she really enjoys the loud, chaotic Bates family. But then she has one sibling and Esther has 13, so Esther might be over it. 

Will they stay married? God I hope not. I hope in 5 years she wakes up and sees him for what it is and bails.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Listened to Lawson's new song. Hated it.

and there is another thread title possibility lol 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

Lawson said he wrote the song then met Tiffany. He knew he wanted to sing it to her. So maybe he had been crushing before. If he wasn’t fundie I would say he might have been tired of women being down of themselves about their bodies and such. We all know he isn’t capable of thinking like that. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lawson said he wrote the song then met Tiffany. He knew he wanted to sing it to her. So maybe he had been crushing before. If he wasn’t fundie I would say he might have been tired of women being down of themselves about their bodies and such. We all know he isn’t capable of thinking like that. 

He admits to having help from his professional friends in the writing of the song. I wonder how much is really Lawson?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I think this is Lawson’s big push to have a proper hit- professional help, smooth marketing and a gig (albeit a fairly crap looking festival) to promote it. Tiffany is at the moment a marketing tool- she’s beautiful and has her own following . It’s time he settled down in fundie rules but I don’t think he ever wanted a homely woman. He fangirls over Tim Tebow, who married a Miss Universe who has her own fans - that’s the kind of deal Lawson is after. 
I think they will marry but I think Tiffany will grow up and grow out of him. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Tiffany is at the moment a marketing tool- she’s beautiful and has her own following . 

All of Lawson sisters have a bigger following that Tiffany though. She is not that famous. And that is taking into account that her followers have grown a lot since she is dating Lawson. If someone is using someone for fame its her TBH.

• Upvote 9

I’m curious as to how Kelly will react to the marriage; will she accept the fact that Tiffany’s adoptive parents are her parents or will she try to convince her to shun her family like what happened with Whitney? Given Kelly’s love for Confederate Generals, how will she react to her grandkids not being white? It’s like a  serial drama with a bad plot line and poor writers. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m curious as to how Kelly will react to the marriage; will she accept the fact that Tiffany’s adoptive parents are her parents or will she try to convince her to shun her family like what happened with Whitney? Given Kelly’s love for Confederate Generals, how will she react to her grandkids not being white? It’s like a  serial drama with a bad plot line and poor writers. 

I doubt Kelly will encourage her to go to china to meet her bio family. In this instance i think she will be happy to accept the white and rich adoptive family.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Remember that Whitney wasn’t actually adopted. She just lived with another family for a while because of some unspecified problem. It’s understandable that Kelly encouraged her to reconcile with her birth family. We have no evidence that she has shunned the foster family.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

2E848BCD-89F8-4BA6-B0EC-CF33047FFDF1.thumb.png.9d7ddc32c032cc69189181b2eddc980c.png

i bet Katie is jealous. She can’t even hold hands with her fiancé. 

So much for no kissing before the wedding. No way these two haven’t locked lips. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, postscript said:

So much for no kissing before the wedding. No way these two haven’t locked lips. 

At this point it’s pretty safe to say the rule is barely a thing anymore in Bates land (unless Inlaw family is stricter like Katie’s). If even the girls are kissing before marriage then there’s no way the boys aren’t gonna do it. 

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Remember that Whitney wasn’t actually adopted. She just lived with another family for a while because of some unspecified problem. It’s understandable that Kelly encouraged her to reconcile with her birth family. We have no evidence that she has shunned the foster family.

I have read multiple times on here that someone on freejinger who had contact with the foster mother claimed that she told her that they no longer had any contact with Whitney. I searched but was never able to find this original poster. But its true that the adoptive family was not present at the second wedding, and they have 0 contact on social media/she never has mentioned them again.

I have also read multiple times that the foster mother suposedly also told this person that the bio parents were abusive and thats why Whitney was in foster care. But i found this comment from 2015 where someone claimed there was a topix thread where Whitney was discussed and i think that it is actually were the claim that she was abused comes from:

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, llucie said:

I have read multiple times on here that someone on freejinger who had contact with the foster mother claimed that she told her that they no longer had any contact with Whitney. I searched but was never able to find this original poster. But its true that the adoptive family was not present at the second wedding, and they have 0 contact on social media/she never has mentioned them again.

I have also read multiple times that the foster mother suposedly also told this person that the bio parents were abusive and thats why Whitney was in foster care. But i found this comment from 2015 where someone claimed there was a topix thread where Whitney was discussed and i think that it is actually were the claim that she was abused comes from:

The Owens family had custody through agreement of several teenagers and preteens. Whitney was one of them. There was no official adoption of any of the 11? children. Some churches and similar groups arrange for this to keep a child from entering the official foster care system and within the church family. As I have noted in the past, I had a neighbor couple who did this. They adopted none of the children and were essentially running a group home without the oversight of the government. Some of the kids had parents who went to jail and arranged for this prior to incarceration with the idea that they could get their child(ren) back easier without going through courts, etc. Others sounded like Whitney's case in that the child (usually teen) would say that their parents were too strict, mean, threatening but not overstepping into abuse that would be investigated. He or she would be placed by a church with this couple I lived nextdoor to for a cooling off period. In some cases that lasted until high school graduation. 

If the rumors that Kelly Jo wanted Whitney to reconcile with her parents was true, it was probably in line with the IBLP thinking that not reconciling would leave Whitney with the image of basically being damaged goods. 

Conversely, Tiffany's situation is one of international adoption. As someone who adopted internationally, there is a white savior complex that many people have in that situation. Adoptive parents who are considering international adoption are shown videos and photographs of children being neglected, starved and even sold into the sex industry in Asia as reasons to get these children away from the heathen non-Christians. There was a couple who adopted their son around the same time I adopted my daughter. They said their agency told them how many abortions are performed and how lucky they are to have their son because so many of the pregnant women choose not to carry the child. I could see Kelly Jo buying into that white savior ideology and being positive about how wonderful it was her adoptive parents rescued her from a horrible life. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, postscript said:

I have to say Nathan and Esther are way more physically comfortable with each other than these two. In pictures at least. Lawsons body language is always all off and Nathan’s is always all….on…. Ewww brain bleach 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2021 at 10:03 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

The Owens family had custody through agreement of several teenagers and preteens. Whitney was one of them. There was no official adoption of any of the 11? children. Some churches and similar groups arrange for this to keep a child from entering the official foster care system and within the church family. As I have noted in the past, I had a neighbor couple who did this. They adopted none of the children and were essentially running a group home without the oversight of the government. Some of the kids had parents who went to jail and arranged for this prior to incarceration with the idea that they could get their child(ren) back easier without going through courts, etc. Others sounded like Whitney's case in that the child (usually teen) would say that their parents were too strict, mean, threatening but not overstepping into abuse that would be investigated. He or she would be placed by a church with this couple I lived nextdoor to for a cooling off period. In some cases that lasted until high school graduation. 

If the rumors that Kelly Jo wanted Whitney to reconcile with her parents was true, it was probably in line with the IBLP thinking that not reconciling would leave Whitney with the image of basically being damaged goods. 

Conversely, Tiffany's situation is one of international adoption. As someone who adopted internationally, there is a white savior complex that many people have in that situation. Adoptive parents who are considering international adoption are shown videos and photographs of children being neglected, starved and even sold into the sex industry in Asia as reasons to get these children away from the heathen non-Christians. There was a couple who adopted their son around the same time I adopted my daughter. They said their agency told them how many abortions are performed and how lucky they are to have their son because so many of the pregnant women choose not to carry the child. I could see Kelly Jo buying into that white savior ideology and being positive about how wonderful it was her adoptive parents rescued her from a horrible life. 

How would a child get to say they were being abused? Or who would they tell they were being abused? Most kids don’t know what abuse is until they are older or talk to others and find out what is going on isn’t right. 

5 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

How would a child get to say they were being abused? Or who would they tell they were being abused? Most kids don’t know what abuse is until they are older or talk to others and find out what is going on isn’t right. 

So one of her cousins on the foster family side mentioned on a public local forum that Whitney was given a beating by her bio family and thats what precipitated her moving out. If thats the case that is pretty straigh forward abuse, even a kid would recognice. In any case her bio parents dont have any type of record so it looks like they never were judged or prosecuted for any abuse.

• Upvote 1

Seems Lawson didn't propose on stage at the festival today after all. I'm disappointed. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 3

On 7/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Adoptive parents who are considering international adoption are shown videos and photographs of children being neglected, starved and even sold into the sex industry in Asia as reasons to get these children away from the heathen non-Christians.

What? This doesn't always happen, I can assure you. In fact, there's no need to push a family into adoption by showing them videos. There is generally plenty of demand. It is also very hard to get approved for China adoption--you must meet financial criteria and health criteria, among other things.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Seems Lawson didn't propose on stage at the festival today after all. I'm disappointed. ?

Me too. I actually checked his instagram.to see lol. Tiffany did post a full front hug photo though.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

They probably won't get engaged til at least after Nathan's wedding

I think it will be before Nathan's wedding so they can do a three brides-to-be photo shoot just like they did with the three babies. But since he didn't propose today, I think it will be closer to the end of the summer and they will get married next Spring. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic