IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

59 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Damn, you guys make me want a mojito soooo bad. ? Only 17 more weeks until I can celebrate baby's arrival with a nice minty mojito!

as soon as i typed MOjito, i was like Fuck I want one lol 

In 17 weeks we should organise a minty mojito wet the baby's head fj party 

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have both mojito mint and grapefruit mint growing in pots.  I LOVE grapefruit mint - it just smells like the perfect medley of both foods.  I think I'll have to start another pot or two for berries and cream mint and orange mint.  I love how vigorously it grows and I love to pick it and smell it but I rarely actually eat it.  Fresh mint tea is amazing, though.

mind blown 

specific mojito mint....

grapefruit mint holy shit berrries and cream mint?????

I wonder if they have those down under

fresh tea????

do you have to dry out leaves?

do you just put the hot water on picked leaves and leave it to steep?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have both mojito mint and grapefruit mint growing in pots.  I LOVE grapefruit mint - it just smells like the perfect medley of both foods.  I think I'll have to start another pot or two for berries and cream mint and orange mint.  I love how vigorously it grows and I love to pick it and smell it but I rarely actually eat it.  Fresh mint tea is amazing, though.

It needs to warm the hell up and stay warm for more than a day so I can plant.  

• Upvote 2

I've done both - I made the mistake of planting mint directly in the garden when I was around 9-10 and spend the next 9 years pulling it out vigorously until I went off to college.  I would hang it from the ceiling in the kitchen to dry and always had jars of it on the counter to make tea.  I haven't bothered with the drying step lately.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I made that mistake with mint too! My dad didn't mind it escaping the garden bed onto the grass thankfully, he said it made it fun to mow and guess when he ran it over haha.

Watching some FollowTheForsyths out of curiosity... is anyone else noticing hints of Montessori practices? Giving Gideon a 'project', his low toddler bed, the high stool for him to wash his hands when he wants... I'm quite surprised if thats the case. It could just be trying to have a low maintenance lifestyle and the kid just slots in, though. I have to admit they come across a lot better/more relaxed and compatible in their youtube than they did on Tv.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

[...] I have to admit they come across a lot better/more relaxed and compatible in their youtube than they did on Tv.

I assume it makes a massive difference if you can film whenever you want instead having to put things on and adhere to a filming schedule. Having no one else (at least 1-2 people depending on how TLC films) around is probably more relaxing too. And with YT they decide what goes on air. Editing can make all the difference between a train wreck and a sweet family video. I do wonder though if they edit themselves or if they pay someone. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I assume it makes a massive difference if you can film whenever you want instead having to put things on and adhere to a filming schedule. Having no one else (at least 1-2 people depending on how TLC films) around is probably more relaxing too. And with YT they decide what goes on air. Editing can make all the difference between a train wreck and a sweet family video. I do wonder though if they edit themselves or if they pay someone. 

Duggar Studios of course ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

I think they’re getting help. One of Austin’s relatives is a politician & I dare say has contacts who have assisted them.

My bet is on one of the howlers.  That group of boys (and Joshly) were very into video production for a while.  Jed/Jeb/Jason/James possibly Josiah.

• Upvote 4

Spring is revving up here, and I'm itching all over to go amok with planting. Totally planning to self-induce labour by hauling heavy stuff around! Only three weeks left to go! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

10 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Watching some FollowTheForsyths out of curiosity... is anyone else noticing hints of Montessori practices? Giving Gideon a 'project', his low toddler bed, the high stool for him to wash his hands when he wants... I'm quite surprised if thats the case. It could just be trying to have a low maintenance lifestyle and the kid just slots in, though. I have to admit they come across a lot better/more relaxed and compatible in their youtube than they did on Tv.

yes! I spotted that. I agree, would love to know whether this is an active decision they've researched, or if it just panned out that way. It's the sort of thing you can easily find on insta and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of it in aspirational homeschooling type circles, but pinterest-Montessori is really heavy on cute presentation of expensive rainbow wooden toys etc, which is the sort of thing the Forsyths seem like they'd be quite turned off by?

The actual spirit of Montessori is very Forsyth though, so even if they are not actively following it, I can see how many of its principles would work well with their lifestyle and outlook, ie fostering independence and providing activities that build life skills.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

On 4/22/2020 at 6:25 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Mint and catnip are in the same family ...some cats like it and chew it as it's growing.

We used to have mint in our backyard. It does grow like crazy! It was beautiful and smelled delicious. Lovely teas. BUT we could not keep all the neighborhood cats from laying in it! So then we couldn't use it, it was too gross to me. Now I know why!

• Upvote 6

and the apartment dweller is now contemplating trying mint indoors for my aroma benefit and to see if her royal highness enjoys it.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

My dad has 7 catnip plants in his yard. He enjoys watching the local cates get stoned.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 3

On 4/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, AussieKrissy said:

as soon as i typed MOjito, i was like Fuck I want one lol 

In 17 weeks we should organise a minty mojito wet the baby's head fj party 

mind blown 

specific mojito mint....

grapefruit mint holy shit berrries and cream mint?????

I wonder if they have those down under

fresh tea????

do you have to dry out leaves?

do you just put the hot water on picked leaves and leave it to steep?

As soon as I saw mojito I started craving one. It has been a few days now. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and haven't had a mojito in a couple of years. Funny how pregnancy does this to you hahaha.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

As soon as I saw mojito I started craving one. It has been a few days now. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and haven't had a mojito in a couple of years. Funny how pregnancy does this to you hahaha.

MMV, but I found when I was pregnant Last year that if I was craving something alcoholic, I could take a little sip of someone else’s drink and feel completely satisfied. I know it’s a big taboo to drink while pregnant (rightfully so, mostly), but I don’t see that a sip every once in awhile is a big deal. Maybe something to try if you feel comfortable with it? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

MMV, but I found when I was pregnant Last year that if I was craving something alcoholic, I could take a little sip of someone else’s drink and feel completely satisfied. I know it’s a big taboo to drink while pregnant (rightfully so, mostly), but I don’t see that a sip every once in awhile is a big deal. Maybe something to try if you feel comfortable with it? 

This is totally what I did.  I had a sip of Mr. Rex's drink and then I was gtg.  And if we were out and people were ordering drinks, I ordered Perrier or Pellegrino so I would have a 'foofoo' drink too.

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I craved margaritas when I was pg with #1. It was awful, even the virgin margs didn't cut it, maybe it was the tequila I was craving not so much the margaritas. ?

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I craved margaritas when I was pg with #1. It was awful, even the virgin margs didn't cut it, maybe it was the tequila I was craving not so much the margaritas. ?

Over the weekend I had a sore throat. We are currently quarantined (out of the US) with my daughter and her family. My SIL Made me a concoction that he swears by: Tequila, lime juice and salt...best damn sipping drink, ever.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Over the weekend I had a sore throat. We are currently quarantined (out of the US) with my daughter and her family. My SIL Made me a concoction that he swears by: Tequila, lime juice and salt...best damn sipping drink, ever.

Um is a sore throat a requirement to take that “medicine”? Asking for a friend.... lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

My favorite sipping drink is white rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.  Pure and perfect Cuban daiquiri - I order it whenever I go to bars and discovered the hard way that it's a pretty good barometer to see if a place is decent.

Special thanks to Alton Brown on Good Eats for bringing that one to my attention...

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 7:31 AM, DarkAnts said:

My dad has 7 catnip plants in his yard. He enjoys watching the local cates get stoned.

My current headship is the first one I’ve lived with to go nuts over catnip and it’s the funniest thing ever!

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

My current headship is the first one I’ve lived with to go nuts over catnip and it’s the funniest thing ever!

Well now I need video evidence of said “nuts” and funnies. Lol 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have we seen joy in a shirt like this before? 
I know that there is a filter but joy looks lovely. I hope she is having as stress free pregnancy as possible. I am so lucky that I have never had a pregnancy after loss. The fear must be almost unbearable. 
have there been many guesses on her name? I have not seen many. Do people think she will try to honour Annabell? If so is that a good or a bad thing? I personally don’t know exactly how I feel about it. I think I come out in the side of letting this little one have her “own” “fresh” name not live in her sisters shadow. But then I feel hypocritical as my daughter has part of my dead Mother’s name. ?‍♀️ Either way they go I don’t think I will be able to snark on it. 

6D705C8D-3DA8-48DB-9A91-9598D5A3FEBC.png

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Have we seen joy in a shirt like this before? 
I know that there is a filter but joy looks lovely. I hope she is having as stress free pregnancy as possible. I am so lucky that I have never had a pregnancy after loss. The fear must be almost unbearable. 
have there been many guesses on her name? I have not seen many. Do people think she will try to honour Annabell? If so is that a good or a bad thing? I personally don’t know exactly how I feel about it. I think I come out in the side of letting this little one have her “own” “fresh” name not live in her sisters shadow. But then I feel hypocritical as my daughter has part of my dead Mother’s name. ?‍♀️ Either way they go I don’t think I will be able to snark on it. 

6D705C8D-3DA8-48DB-9A91-9598D5A3FEBC.png

She’s been wearing sleeveless stuff since last year

She posted this one to her ig feed last July

Spoiler

2ED7256E-13E4-4550-B7E9-AD42DBEC697B.jpeg.1e06c3853e533bcd92508d31b3d483dc.jpeg

And this in her story sometime after

Spoiler

5BCE56F7-4AC6-4AEC-8655-3A506EB296B4.thumb.jpeg.f377c68230c363da446573eb8149945e.jpeg

I’m glad she’s experimenting a bit more with clothes. I personally can’t stand sleeves when it’s too hot outside.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic