IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

After everything they’ve been through, I’m happy for them that everything looks good and that it’s another girl. I’m pleased that it looks like she’s getting full obstetric care and monitoring. No snark from me today.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

No snark from me either. Glad for them. Gideon is my pet fundie baby, I think he's cute as hell and will be a fun big brother. Ok I'm slinking back to my cave to continue snarking.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, fundieundies said:

Full disclosure she is my pet fundie because we're so close in age and I grew up a tomboy like her, but I really hope this goes well for her. She has shitty beliefs and all but this must've been tough for her to do and I respect her for being open about it at her age. 

She's kind of mine as well, because she is exactly 1 month older than my son, and she was always so feisty and blunt. 

@CarrotCake I agree, she looked like her childhood self, before her JTTH trips, forced feminizing, and having her individuality beaten out of her, to make her the perfect stepford fundy wife.

• Upvote 6

This seems like a lot of content, that would normally be on the show, being put into a YT video. Feels like either they (Jostin) aren’t doing the show anymore or the show is ending. Hope things go well for them - healthy mama, healthy baby. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I'm genuinely happy for her/them. What they went through was hard and awful. It's obvious they really want this baby and I wish them a healthy pregnancy.

• Upvote 6

Happy for them! That use of confetti though...please consider the environment (I know I am talking to a Duggar).

• I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

I’m happy to hear they did genetic testing. To me that indicates she’s getting real obstetrical care and I’m impressed they did it. I hope everything goes smoothly. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I thought this would happen sooner or later. Fingers crossed that everything goes well and she has a healthy baby. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

This seems like a lot of content, that would normally be on the show, being put into a YT video. Feels like either they (Jostin) aren’t doing the show anymore or the show is ending. Hope things go well for them - healthy mama, healthy baby. 

Watching some of the YouTube video they’ve been making(Jill, Joy, even Jessa), I wonder if they’ve simply discovered they enjoy taking and editing video.  Jill, at least, seems to do it herself and takes a lot of care and pride in the editing. It’s honestly not a bad hobby and something they could turn into a business at some point if desired.

• Upvote 4

They’re probably loving having full creative control over their content, too!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Honestly, I think it's great that she's having a girl. Joy and Carlin are probably already planning their play-dates. She'll have lots of girl cousins. I'm not even going to complain about how sad it is for a baby girl to grow up in a fundie family. With Joy being a bit of a tomboy herself, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how she'll raise her daughter. I'm less concerned about Joy raising a girl than I am with any of the other Duggar couples raising their daughters. I hope the best for them.

• Upvote 6

I am really happy for them after all they went through. I have always had a soft spot for Joy and it’s nice seeing her happy. It will be interesting to see how she raises a girl. Crossing fingers everything goes well for her. 

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Honestly, I think it's great that she's having a girl. Joy and Carlin are probably already planning their play-dates. She'll have lots of girl cousins. I'm not even going to complain about how sad it is for a baby girl to grow up in a fundie family. With Joy being a bit of a tomboy herself, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how she'll raise her daughter. I'm less concerned about Joy raising a girl than I am with any of the other Duggar couples raising their daughters. I hope the best for them.

Maybe but Austin says his daughter will probably be pampered and Joy has said she can’t wait to dress her daughter in the bows and fluffy dresses so I suspect if she has Tomboy tendencies it won’t be because of encouragement. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

Maybe but Austin says his daughter will probably be pampered and Joy has said she can’t wait to dress her daughter in the bows and fluffy dresses so I suspect if she has Tomboy tendencies it won’t be because of encouragement. 

I think you can have both. They renovate houses for a living. Joy is super outdoorsy and a hard hands- on worker. There’s no reason you can’t have fun with the froofy dresses AND climb trees and hammer nails. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Yes. There is nothing wrong with femininity. We don’t have to devalue big bows and puffy dresses. Women and girls (outside of fundie land) can and should have access to choice. They can wear bows and dresses or ripped jeans and combat boots. Neither is better than the other—just different. The key is choice and I bet Jostin, out of all the kidults, will allow their daughters access to both tradition femininity as well as some bit of access to other things like learning how to lay a slab of concrete. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

Sorry, I didn't intend for my previous comment/post to come across as anti-femininity. I also didn't watch the YouTube video or read her Instagram caption, so I was not clued-in to what Joy and Austin had already said about raising their daughter.

Personally, I love mixing feminine and masculine things. I remember when I was little I used to build castles out of rocks and mud and twigs for my toy princesses. I was the type of girl who loved Disney princesses, "spin-factor" dresses and climbing trees, outdoor play, etc. Today, I am confident with my femininity, but also enjoy a lot of stereotypically "masculine" things. I'm 100% for raising children to embrace both -- whether in interests or style/fashion. It doesn't have to be one way or another based on gender. For example, I remember one of my childhood friends not being allowed to play with Legos because they were a "boy" toy. I remember being especially sad for her because, even as a young girl, I knew that wasn't fair and Legos were one of my favorite toys. That's the sort of thing I'm against. 

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
clarification
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 7

I'm happy it's a girl for them. It must have been so difficult to see so many close family members welcome daughters and to have that own gaping loss in your life. This new baby won't replace Annabelle at all, but I would hope that she will bring some comfort and closure to them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I’m happy for Joy and Austin. They have had a difficult year. Hope the birth goes smoothly and there’s another two year gap between this baby and the next one. They both look so happy. 

• Upvote 2

Huh. I dunno, I can’t get behind excitement at another child (especially female) born into the cult. Hoping for health, but definitely not excited or particularly happy for them.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I only get excited or am interested in or when a fundie couple  who can conceive, DOESN’T!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic