IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Joy is pregnant, due 2nd week of August

• She took two tests that were negative before her period was late. After she missed her period, she took another test that came back positive.
  • She surprised Austin with the news on his birthday (Dec 11)
  • Right after she found out, she started spotting and called her doctor. He did some blood work and her numbers were off. Her HCG levels were high and it could be a molar pregnancy. They were worried that she was gonna have another miscarriage. They're gonna do genetic testing at 10 weeks to see if the pregnancy is viable.
  • They did the testing and everything looks good. They are having a girl and Joy is due August 19th.
  • There's a gender reveal party. Involving a helicopter releasing confetti. 

I can't be mad about this. I had a miscarriage in late November due in part to domestic violence (my ex was arrested the day before) I went to the hospital for nausea that had made it so I was throwing up every couple hours for days straight. The nurse or doctor just walked in and said, "oh, it's not viable."

I don't remember much thanks to a manic episode (my ex made me quit my psych meds) and my head injury from the day before but I guess I grabbed the nurse or doctor sobbing for her to stay and help and wouldn't let go, she got even less empathetic and I guess I freaked out  The put me in a jail cell bt myself, not arrested for anything, but as a "psych hold." Without my other non psych medications, which a doctor at the same hospital said withdraw would certainly cause a miscarriage. And I cried for medical help and was ignored and lied on a mat on a concrete floor in a cell and miscarried there.

Fuck Utah.

But to know around the exact same time Joy was getting good news after experiencing what she did. Absolutely no snark at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 17
  • Love 32

I am very happy to see them both happy. But I am incredibly sorry for the poor soul that will be born into the cult. 
While Joy is my favourite Duggar, I can never be happy knowing what growing up in this family looks like. And I don’t care so much if they install gender roles but more about the physical abuse those babies will endure. Adding the neglected education that will make it hard for those children to decide on their own if they want to follow their parents path or not. The intense brainwashing regarding the rest of the world. The dangerous ideas about guns and medical treatments.....

I can only hope Joy and Austin will or already did change some of the expected parenting methods and respect and cherish the uniqueness of their children. Hopefully they feel humbled enough by “this gift” (as they line to refer to pregnancies) to be better parents than their own. It’s hard to do things differently in such an environment but there is always hope.

• Upvote 11

I have to say, I had a good laugh when Austin pointed out that JOY YOU PEED ON THIS when she gave the gift, and before that Joy just going "NO JUST LOOK AT IT DON'T PICK IT UP OPEN YOUR EYES", idk, I just love to see how they interact with each other.

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I have to say, I had a good laugh when Austin pointed out that JOY YOU PEED ON THIS when she gave the gift, and before that Joy just going "NO JUST LOOK AT IT DON'T PICK IT UP OPEN YOUR EYES", idk, I just love to see how they interact with each other.

That made me laugh so hard, she kept telling him to stop it and look, but he didn't listen, so he got what he deserved. ?  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am very happy to see them both happy. But I am incredibly sorry for the poor soul that will be born into the cult. 
While Joy is my favourite Duggar, I can never be happy knowing what growing up in this family looks like. And I don’t care so much if they install gender roles but more about the physical abuse those babies will endure.

Just so I'm clear...

You believe they will physically abuse this baby, and you feel sorry for the child.

But are very happy that the parents (who you think will abuse this child) are happy.

Why does the happiness of people you think are child abusers matter to you?  I don't understand this.  At all.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That made me laugh so hard, she kept telling him to stop it and look, but he didn't listen, so he got what he deserved. ?  

Maybe Joy learnt a lesson too, no more peesticks for reveals :D

I always feel weird about people posting pics of their pregnancy tests. Purely because they are, essentialy, sticks you pee on. No matter how much you clean it, you still took a piss!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I wish them all well after the year they had they had. I wouldn't wish what they endured on anyone. Having scares early on must have been terrible for them, given what happened. 

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder if COVID-19 is putting a dent into the Forsyth's family retreat business.

I’m sure it is. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder if COVID-19 is putting a dent into the Forsyth's family retreat business.

I'd hope it is, it means people are staying home like they're supposed to. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I'd hope it is, it means people are staying home like they're supposed to. 

Unfortunately, fundies are not always known for their brains or their grip on reality. According to the Priscilla and David Waller pages, the Big Sandy retreat is still on, as far as we know.

• WTF 13
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Unfortunately, fundies are not always known for their brains or their grip on reality. According to the Priscilla and David Waller pages, the Big Sandy retreat is still on, as far as we know.

Of course it is. Otherwise there may not be any weddings next year. How will the single and ready to no touching mingle fundies meet someone they are not related too? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Abbot the governor just had a mandate go into effect that no groups larger then 10 can gather throughout the state so I’m don’t think Big Sandy is happening...hopefully 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

On 3/21/2020 at 7:41 PM, SK102014 said:

Abbot the governor just had a mandate go into effect that no groups larger then 10 can gather throughout the state so I’m don’t think Big Sandy is happening...hopefully 

Big Sandy spring family conference is still a month away: https://events.alertacademy.com/event/family-conference/

Austin's family business is Fort Rock Family Camp--and I don't see anything on their website about shutting down activities, including a marriage retreat starting in 4 days! https://www.fortrock.org/upcoming-events/

And, help me Rufus, the application for the marriage retreat has you list the "Head of Household" and then "Spouse"

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 9
  • WTF 7

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And, help me Rufus, the application for the marriage retreat has you list the "Head of Household" and then "Spouse"

You think they reject any application that puts a woman as "Head of Household"?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 13
  • Love 4

32 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I was wondering the same thing. I bet they do. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Yes, unless she’s a widow looking for a new headship.  ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

On 2/17/2020 at 2:21 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

When I first saw this, I thought you had one of these:

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Norwegian_Ridgeback

I have a Hogwarts Halloween costume I made and my German Shepherd goes as a dragon. Except the first year I forgot wings so everyone thought he was an alligator...

Dog dragon alligator pics behind spoilers!

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1584996388602.jpg

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1584996408996.jpg

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1584996419112.jpg

Edited by zee_four
cant figure out how to put pics behind spoiler
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 26

15 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Oh god someone please try

13 hours ago, zee_four said:

I have a Hogwarts Halloween costume I made and my German Shepherd goes as a dragon. Except the first year I forgot wings so everyone thought he was an alligator...

Dog dragon alligator pics behind spoilers!

Hide contents

FB_IMG_1584996388602.jpg

Hide contents

FB_IMG_1584996408996.jpg

Hide contents

FB_IMG_1584996419112.jpg

Now they are pics I needed to see in isolation today. ????????

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 3/19/2020 at 12:47 AM, zee_four said:

I can't be mad about this. I had a miscarriage in late November due in part to domestic violence (my ex was arrested the day before) I went to the hospital for nausea that had made it so I was throwing up every couple hours for days straight. The nurse or doctor just walked in and said, "oh, it's not viable."

I don't remember much thanks to a manic episode (my ex made me quit my psych meds) and my head injury from the day before but I guess I grabbed the nurse or doctor sobbing for her to stay and help and wouldn't let go, she got even less empathetic and I guess I freaked out  The put me in a jail cell bt myself, not arrested for anything, but as a "psych hold." Without my other non psych medications, which a doctor at the same hospital said withdraw would certainly cause a miscarriage. And I cried for medical help and was ignored and lied on a mat on a concrete floor in a cell and miscarried there.

Fuck Utah.

But to know around the exact same time Joy was getting good news after experiencing what she did. Absolutely no snark at all.

I’m so sorry that happened to you. How horrible, on so many levels. You are so strong to make it through that. Sending you all the hugs. ?

• Thank You 1
  • Love 12

Regarding Fort Rock, they posted this 10 days ago. Confirmation that they didn’t cancel the marriage retreat. These people are idiots. If they were taking “extra precautions” they would call it off. The sad thing is that it seems their guests didn’t cancel either ?

8B0D8E96-BB1D-4A5E-AB44-DEE727DDAA1D.jpeg

• Angry 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 19
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Regarding Fort Rock, they posted this 10 days ago. Confirmation that they didn’t cancel the marriage retreat. These people are idiots. If they were taking “extra precautions” they would call it off. The sad thing is that it seems their guests didn’t cancel either ?

8B0D8E96-BB1D-4A5E-AB44-DEE727DDAA1D.jpeg

I’m sure many will cancel- but this is a way of telling them they won’t be getting a refund.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Joy has one sister in quarantine in LA, Jill is also according to instagram staying at home.  She is pregnant after a still birth. At least some of her sister's get it.

I hope she's staying home and Austin is going no where near that camp or his parents for the foreseeable future.

Sadly I'm not sure how likely that is  :(

• Upvote 5

Can’t believe they’re even allowed to go on with these retreats. Ontario just banned any gathering of more than 5 people.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic