IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

On 3/18/2020 at 4:08 PM, llg1234 said:

Joy is pregnant, due 2nd week of August

• She took two tests that were negative before her period was late. After she missed her period, she took another test that came back positive.
  • She surprised Austin with the news on his birthday (Dec 11)
  • Right after she found out, she started spotting and called her doctor. He did some blood work and her numbers were off. Her HCG levels were high and it could be a molar pregnancy. They were worried that she was gonna have another miscarriage. They're gonna do genetic testing at 10 weeks to see if the pregnancy is viable.
  • They did the testing and everything looks good. They are having a girl and Joy is due August 19th.
  • There's a gender reveal party. Involving a helicopter releasing confetti. 

this is really lovely. I've never watched any of the Forsyth youtube videos before but they come over really well - Joy is so much more animated and articulate than I've seen her on TV. I thought she wouldn't be much cop at having a youtube channel but maybe it agrees with her more than having a camera crew in her face. She and Austen both seemed way less wooden than they do on the show, and as a couple yeah they do seem really on the same page and supportive of one another. Good for them, I'm v much in favour of people getting what they want in this life.

Although (BEC?) I hope whatever they were dropping out of the helicopter was biodegradable bc that's a shitload of microplastics to scatter over the countryside. Duggars gonna Dug, I guess.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I noticed upthread there was talk about the Big Sandy Conference at the end of April.  I went on their website/Twitter and they said the April event was canceled.  They would livestream some things.  They also stated they would offer full refunds to families or the option to transfer their reservations to the July conference 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

I wonder what Joy and Jill’s relationship is like now. In Joy’s YouTube video, she mentioned that she would be telling her mom and Jana about the pregnancy and maybe also Abbie since she was going to see her that day. I think she also mentioned another name which I didn’t catch. Would Joy feel like she couldn’t even mention Jill’s name in her own video or was she really not sharing this news with her right away? I don’t have a feel for the timeline, but everyone seemed good with Jill at their Panera/Target outing. It’s sad that the siblings seem forced to choose between JB and Jill.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It’s sad that the siblings seem forced to choose between JB and Jill.

That’s true, but it’s a direct consequence of the fundamentalist, cultish dynamics they live in. People always have to mind some authority figure, even when something should be entirely their own business. 

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

That’s true, but it’s a direct consequence of the fundamentalist, cultish dynamics they live in. People always have to mind some authority figure, even when something should be entirely their own business. 

Exactly. My ultra fundie siblings will not speak to me because my mother has a problem with me. They don't dare go against her so they just act like I don't exist. 

• Sad 12
  • Love 18

I wonder what Joy and Jill’s relationship is like now. In Joy’s YouTube video, she mentioned that she would be telling her mom and Jana about the pregnancy and maybe also Abbie since she was going to see her that day. I think she also mentioned another name which I didn’t catch. Would Joy feel like she couldn’t even mention Jill’s name in her own video or was she really not sharing this news with her right away? I don’t have a feel for the timeline, but everyone seemed good with Jill at their Panera/Target outing. It’s sad that the siblings seem forced to choose between JB and Jill.

I was wondering that myself, but Jill was with Joy at the hospital when Joy delivered Annabel. I think they're still fairly close but maybe they keep that more private.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

No real good place to put this so I'll just throw it in here. have any of the Duggar's posted about helping out in Jonesboro where a tornado ripped through town on Saturday?  Austin, John, Josiah all those "medics" they are, or is there nothing to grift out of Jonesboro so they stayed home? 

Didn't some of them go to Joplin, MO to help get in the way after they were almost wiped off the map?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Jed posted about it on Instagram. 

Thanks, I don't follow Lawson or Jed or Medic Corps on Insta. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, JDuggs said:

Maybe Joy had already told Jill.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

No real good place to put this so I'll just throw it in here. have any of the Duggar's posted about helping out in Jonesboro where a tornado ripped through town on Saturday?  Austin, John, Josiah all those "medics" they are, or is there nothing to grift out of Jonesboro so they stayed home? 

Didn't some of them go to Joplin, MO to help get in the way after they were almost wiped off the map?

Jana posted about being there to help on her IG account.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Joy is out there pregnant and not social distancing hanging out with cousins on the Forsythe side. You'd think they'd be extra cautious this time around.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Joy is out there pregnant and not social distancing hanging out with cousins on the Forsythe side. You'd think they'd be extra cautious this time around.

You would think but apparently Arkansas doesn't have any order in place against this yet, the only rule is no groups of over 10 people. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Instead of releasing environmentally damaging stupid confetti from a helicopter for a SEX reveal why not something the wildlife could eat?

Cheerios if it’s a girl and pretzel sticks for a boy.   ?     

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Instead of releasing environmentally damaging stupid confetti from a helicopter for a SEX reveal why not something the wildlife could eat?

Cheerios if it’s a girl and pretzel sticks for a boy.   ?     

I normally think Cherrios are of the devil, but this is such a cute idea even I can pretend they are food for this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

You would think but apparently Arkansas doesn't have any order in place against this yet, the only rule is no groups of over 10 people. 

Sure, but it is common sense at this point. There are nearly 700 cases in Arkansas.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I normally think Cherrios are of the devil, but this is such a cute idea even I can pretend they are food for this.

that's a great idea except for the part where someone asks if cheerios represents vaginas and pretzel sticks a penis.....Yeah nah on that one lol not modest

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, artdecades said:

Joy has deleted the post now. Before she did there were a lot of people commenting about how irresponsible she was being. Initially it looks like she was just deleting these comments but now has taken the entire post down. 

We all know they are not abiding by social distancing advice but to flaunt it on social media like that just demonstrates how oblivious they are. 

Edited to add, I’m in the uk and here pregnant women are considered within the vulnerable category and advised to self isolate. I’m assuming this is not the case in the US, or at least not in Arkansas? 

Edited by Alysabeth
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

Joy has deleted the post now. Before she did there were a lot of people commenting about how irresponsible she was being. Initially it looks like she was just deleting these comments but now has taken the entire post down. 

We all know they are not abiding by social distancing advice but to flaunt it on social media like that just demonstrates how oblivious they are. 

It’s not just that they aren’t bothered but the Duggar Family & Anna accounts both had posts making reference to the activities  they were doing while social distancing - DF had Josie baking & haircut tutorial while Anna was plugging a website for while they were ‘cooped up’. 
In fairness to Joy she never pretended to be distancing- but it just shows how tone deaf they are. 

Edited by Idlewild
Typo
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Idlewild said:

In fairness to Joy she never pretended to be distancing- but it just shows how tone deaf they are. 

I don't think it is being tone deaf, I think it is out and out arrogance. They really do feel they are better than everyone and therefore won't get sick. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

The video the Forsyths made with the Freedomists was especially gone deaf. They mocked Covid 19 throughout. It can be found on the Forsyth's YouTube.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

It is disturbing how much they mock the COVID19 situation. They act like its all one big joke. I didn't watch the whole thing because I couldn't stand it. Austin joined the other two guys, and they were, in my opinion, extremely obnoxious, insensitive, disrespectful,... you get the idea. A shocking majority of the comments were generally positive and supportive of the them. WOACB commented asking "Why aren't you social distancing???"

They had a disclaimer in the video description, but they really should have put it at the starting of the video. The disclaimer is under the spoiler.

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: The video you are about to watch was filmed last month at the Freedomists Studio in the midwest with less than half of the normal team members in order to minimize the number of people present. Our hope is that this video brings some healthy amusement and lightheartedness during this time of uncertainty, isolation, and social distance. Freedomists does not, nor do we, claim to be epidemiology or public health experts. This video is for entertainment purposes only and is not to be substituted for advice from medical professionals.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I couldn’t bear to watch their sneering faces- they think they’re so clever and funny. Don’t forget these people are supporting Jed’s efforts too- he’s been surprisingly quiet about it all. 

The disclaimer is BS too. Last month could have been Tuesday. Why wait until now to post it- probably because it was Tuesday! And if they took some precautions- why?? It’s all a big joke isn’t it? Joy has deleted a load of comments and stopped them altogether. 

• Upvote 11

“ Freedomists does not, nor do we, claim to be epidemiology or public health experts“

Awesome grasp of the English language right there. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic