IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

That website does NOTHING but click back and fourth between two pages. I wonder if this isn't what JereMe is really doing?  The I love LA, Tupac, Biggie & Nirvana "stickers" screams 90s then the random MTV & Rollings Stones, nothing Duggar brand christian about that. 

I see Joy has also reached 1m followers, I'm wondering if they didn't buy her some fans, the last I noticed (a few weeks ago) she was nearly 100k people away from a million. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I see Joy has also reached 1m followers, I'm wondering if they didn't buy her some fans, the last I noticed (a few weeks ago) she was nearly 100k people away from a million. 

I keep tabs on Joy’s followers. A couple of months ago joy was 10k - 15k away from 1M, not 100k. I actually thought she’d reach 1M a bit sooner than she actually did because she usually gains 2k per week but in the last weeks leading up to 1M it slowed down a bit. I don’t think she bought followers tbh. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That website does NOTHING but click back and fourth between two pages. I wonder if this isn't what JereMe is really doing?  

I don’t think the Jeremy from The Gift Shoppe is Jeremy Vuolo, but if it is, he’s even dumber than I thought! Don’t quit yer day job Jerms. ?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I keep tabs on Joy’s followers. A couple of months ago joy was 10k - 15k away from 1M, not 100k. I actually thought she’d reach 1M a bit sooner than she actually did because she usually gains 2k per week but in the last weeks leading up to 1M it slowed down a bit. I don’t think she bought followers tbh. 

I thought she was in the high 890k range low 900k range. I guess it was longer ago than I think that I really looked at the numbers. 

Do you keep tabs on all the numbers? I'm curious if they are gaining or losing followers, especially JinJer as they have become so cringy. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I thought she was in the high 890k range low 900k range. I guess it was longer ago than I think that I really looked at the numbers. 

Do you keep tabs on all the numbers? I'm curious if they are gaining or losing followers, especially JinJer as they have become so cringy. 

I used to keep a closer tab but I recently stopped. Derick is the one that constantly loses followers. I remember Jeremy losing some too but not Jinger. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

What is even the point of that website? It’s all flash and no substance. 

it’s like the Vuolos themselves.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

Joy is having a hospital birth, as expected (since she mentioned seeing an actual doctor). 

She's packing a hospital bag and talks about how she's sad (but understanding) because her mom and sisters can't be at the birth due to COVID-19.

• Upvote 24
  • Thank You 3

58 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Joy is having a hospital birth, as expected (since she mentioned seeing an actual doctor). 

But don't worry, she's still going to a chiropractor! :pb_rollseyes: I looked up the "technique" she mentioned. As expected, it's all woo

Please don't take the baby to a chiropractor after she's born Joy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

My SIL just had her first baby last week and she was bummed that it could only be her and my brother. She had a long induction and probably could have benefitted from subbing my brother out for her mom or her best friend for an hour or two, but nope. And now I have to wait several weeks to see my new niece! It's a horrible time to have a baby! 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

But don't worry, she's still going to a chiropractor! :pb_rollseyes: I looked up the "technique" she mentioned. As expected, it's all woo

Please don't take the baby to a chiropractor after she's born Joy.

I know several woman who went to a Chiropractor during their pregnancies, and all for various reasons some for this reason others for just plain hip/back pain. Honestly Joy seeing a chiro to "help' her have a VBAC is the least risky thing she could do. I'm so happy to hear that she saw a doctor for the ENTIRE pregnancy and isn't risking a home birth again. 

But I agree taking a newborn to a chiropractor is NOT a good idea. 

Ok, I'm DYING one of the ads in the video is for mess free period sex by using the flex cup. So SO not Duggar approved. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 8

Don't ask me why,  but I watched her video about packing for the hospital.  Riveting, I tell you!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

I had a planned home birth with my 4th. I still packed a hospital bag! The midwives were very impressed lol Also ten and a half pound babies are the size of 3 month olds, I know this well!

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

I had a planned home birth with my 4th. I still packed a hospital bag! The midwives were very impressed lol Also ten and a half pound babies are the size of 3 month olds, I know this well!

So do I.  My first (and only child) son was 10 lbs, 15 oz. and 23 inches at birth.  He was a hospital birth, 9 days late and they took him out with forceps when no baby naturally appeared after 2.5 hours of pushing at 10 centimeters. The three questions I kept getting asked were:  "Was it a C-Section?" "Did you have gestational diabetes?" "Is your husband a big guy?"  No, no, and no.

And to look at my son now....he's 24, 5'6", weighs about 130 lbs, and still takes boys' size 18-20 clothing.    

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2

@HeartsAFundie I'm giving you a Rufus bless for being able to deliver that big of a child, even with forceps. 

I'm impressed that she's preparing so early. My 1st was born at 36 weeks and I was NOT ready, we moved into our house the weekend before thanksgiving, and baby was due Christmas day. I had planned to pack my bag and get the rest of my things ready for the hospital over the long Thanksgiving weekend.**   But Bubs had other plans and my water broke at 35 wks 6 days and he was born a little over 24 hours later, weighing a hefty 8 lbs even. No, they didn't miscalculate my due date, no I didn't have GD, no his father isn't a big man (but most of the men on my mom's side of the family are well over 6' feet) My daughter was 10 days early and was 9lbs 3oz, again no GD, no miscalculated due date. She's 20 now and is 5'4" and about 150 pounds. I just make big babies. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

@HeartsAFundie my 4th, and last!, was 10lbs 6,5oz and 24.8 inches long and 5 days late. I had undiagnosed (long story of medical incompetence) gestational diabetes. My others were all under 7,5lbs. My 4th is now 12 and normal range in height and weight.

The health visitors always said all babies are about the same weight and height by their 1st birthday, and by the time he was 1 he didnt look abnormally huuuuge!!

• Upvote 2

I know a few moms who are not woo at all who had the Webster technique flip their breech babies ?‍♀️ Better than an external version and having had a breech baby before I'm sure getting adjusted or whatever gives her a sense of possible control and peace of mind.

• Upvote 4

I  think because Joy knows what could go wrong, she's not risking anything anymore. She's not going to pull a Jessa and have to constantly be transferred to a hospital. She'd rather already be there.

• Upvote 22

I ended up watching the whole video. I have to say, I much prefer Joy this way–not made up, not scripted. I might check out some of her other videos. 

I really have to say that I'm so glad she's going the hospital route this time. After what happened with Gideon I am relieved. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for her.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, EmiSue said:

My SIL just had her first baby last week and she was bummed that it could only be her and my brother. She had a long induction and probably could have benefitted from subbing my brother out for her mom or her best friend for an hour or two, but nope. And now I have to wait several weeks to see my new niece! It's a horrible time to have a baby! 

I'm 35w 5d (Joy and I share a due date, actually) and live in California, while both of our families live in Germany and are therefore currently (and for the foreseeable future) banned from entering the country. I can't tell you how many tears I've shed over the fact that all the plans our parents, siblings, closest friends etc. had made to come see us while the baby is little had to be canceled and we have no idea when anyone will actually be able to meet her. Still holding out some hope that we will be able to go to Germany for Christmas, but it's looking less and less likely as time goes by.

We are obviously still super excited about getting to meet our little munchkin soon, but this experience sure isn't what we had planned.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 39

3 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I ended up watching the whole video. I have to say, I much prefer Joy this way–not made up, not scripted. I might check out some of her other videos. 

I really have to say that I'm so glad she's going the hospital route this time. After what happened with Gideon I am relieved. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for her.

I've watched a few of them, and while they definitely drink the Kool aid, she comes across a lot more personable and comfortable with her life on her videos then the show portrays. On TV she's still "tomboy Joy" who is always awkward where as I don't see that at all in her videos. 

• Upvote 6

I'm sure that Joy seeing Lauren, Kendra, Abbie, and Jinger all have hospital births played a big role in her decision. And technically, this is her second hospital delivery since she had Annabelle at a hospital- maybe, despite the terrible circumstances, she had a positive experience with the care she received.

Either way, glad that she's going.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I'm sure that Joy seeing Lauren, Kendra, Abbie, and Jinger all have hospital births played a big role in her decision. And technically, this is her second hospital delivery since she had Annabelle at a hospital- maybe, despite the terrible circumstances, she had a positive experience with the care she received.

Either way, glad that she's going.

Actually, it will be her third hospital delivery. Giddy was delivered via emergency c-section.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Actually, it will be her third hospital delivery. Giddy was delivered via emergency c-section.

Yep! I was thinking (and forgot to write down) in terms of planned hospital deliveries.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic