IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Have we seen joy in a shirt like this before? 
I know that there is a filter but joy looks lovely. I hope she is having as stress free pregnancy as possible. I am so lucky that I have never had a pregnancy after loss. The fear must be almost unbearable. 
have there been many guesses on her name? I have not seen many. Do people think she will try to honour Annabell? If so is that a good or a bad thing? I personally don’t know exactly how I feel about it. I think I come out in the side of letting this little one have her “own” “fresh” name not live in her sisters shadow. But then I feel hypocritical as my daughter has part of my dead Mother’s name. ?‍♀️ Either way they go I don’t think I will be able to snark on it. 

6D705C8D-3DA8-48DB-9A91-9598D5A3FEBC.png

I think naming your daughter after your deceased mother is a lovely way to honor her. Not hypocritical at all. A grandmother versus a never-been-alive sister are two very different people and I think should be honored differently. So with that I would like to think that they would not do any type of honoring of Annabell in this new baby's name. Make both of them two unique and individual people.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

18 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

have there been many guesses on her name? I have not seen many. Do people think she will try to honour Annabell? If so is that a good or a bad thing? I personally don’t know exactly how I feel about it. I think I come out in the side of letting this little one have her “own” “fresh” name not live in her sisters shadow. But then I feel hypocritical as my daughter has part of my dead Mother’s name. ?‍♀️ Either way they go I don’t think I will be able to snark on it. 

A blogging family I used to follow lost their daughter when she was 1 and got pregnant again shortly after her passing. They talked about how they wanted their second daughter to have a name that was uniquely hers, but also linked to her sister. They ended up giving her the middle name Violet, which I'm not certain of the exact link but it is not directly from the sisters name. I thought that is a nice way of doing it, a subtle nod to the sister she will never get to know, while still having her own unique identity. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 4/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, AussieKrissy said:

as soon as i typed MOjito, i was like Fuck I want one lol 

In 17 weeks we should organise a minty mojito wet the baby's head fj party 

mind blown 

specific mojito mint....

grapefruit mint holy shit berrries and cream mint?????

I wonder if they have those down under

fresh tea????

do you have to dry out leaves?

do you just put the hot water on picked leaves and leave it to steep?

I have Mojito mint and I’m in NSW - I’m not sure where you are,  it I could look into the legalities of sending you a cutting if you want? I’m not sure if would survive ... but I could try!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, adidas said:

I have Mojito mint and I’m in NSW - I’m not sure where you are,  it I could look into the legalities of sending you a cutting if you want? I’m not sure if would survive ... but I could try!

Oh my friend used to have two mint plants on her balcony just for Mojito nights, ahh the good old uni days...

BTW I finally made it out of Victoria back to QLD. 14 days of self isolation, but not too bad with those new views.

IMG_20200526_125516.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Love 10

I find it interesting (not really, I'm wondering if they just refused to film and talk about losing Annabelle) that the Forsyth's aren't in the new promo photo for the new season of Duggarland. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I find it interesting (not really, I'm wondering if they just refused to film and talk about losing Annabelle) that the Forsyth's aren't in the new promo photo for the new season of Duggarland. 

I was expecting it to be in the trailer too but it focussed entirely on Jinjer. Maybe there will just be a short clip of them talking about it and perhaps some scenes of Joy and Austin visiting Annabell's grave. If so I'm glad they chose to have privacy, unlike Michelle and Jim Bob who squeezed every penny out of the loss of Jubilee. 

• Upvote 12

Joy and Austin also are not in the group promo photo, so it appears that they’ve left the show. I wonder if the Dillards influenced them. It’s understandable that Annabelle’s death would be a decision point.

I wonder if Jed and Jer will join the cast once they’re in relationships.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I saw some shots of Joy with family night scenes so they have not completely left. They will probably be just recurring with certain events but not have their own storylines. A bit like Anna is now.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Joy and Austin also are not in the group promo photo, so it appears that they’ve left the show. 

TLC has been known to leave people out of the promo shoots. Ben and Jessa weren’t included one year, but very much remained on the show. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I think Austin has no patients for the Duggar/TLC phony "reality".  While I don't think they formally left, they may not have wished to have their daughters death used for JB's profit, adding to that they are actually working and can't take time off for stupidity. I  think I saw on Joy's Insta that they've built another house. 

I don't think the Dillard's not being on the show had anything to do with it, unless A&J are hanging with the Dillard's on the DL. 

Or, it could be that all this filming was going on while Joy & Austin were deep in their grief and just couldn't deal with cameras, and who the hell could blame them. No matter the reason, I'm happy to see that they've chosen to keep their loss private, aside from announcing her death, mentioning a necklace & showing the photo of the 3 of them w/ Jesus holding Annabell. Unlike her parents who splashed Jubiliee's death everywhere. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Austin has no patients for the Duggar/TLC phony "reality".  While I don't think they formally left, they may not have wished to have their daughters death used for JB's profit, adding to that they are actually working and can't take time off for stupidity. I  think I saw on Joy's Insta that they've built another house. 

I don't think the Dillard's not being on the show had anything to do with it, unless A&J are hanging with the Dillard's on the DL. 

Or, it could be that all this filming was going on while Joy & Austin were deep in their grief and just couldn't deal with cameras, and who the hell could blame them. No matter the reason, I'm happy to see that they've chosen to keep their loss private, aside from announcing her death, mentioning a necklace & showing the photo of the 3 of them w/ Jesus holding Annabell. Unlike her parents who splashed Jubiliee's death everywhere. 

I agree with all of this, but time and episodes will tell if that remains a fact. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Boob is probably OK with them stepping back a bit since 1) they likely haven’t left the show entirely, 2) there are a lot more mouths to feed that he has to support, and 3) since they promote and speak at Fort Rock, Austin isn’t going to ‘rebel’ against him anytime soon. 

• Upvote 7

Plus Jim Bob and Austin's parents are friends aren't they? They wereCV on World's Strictest Parents. Yeah, I doubt JB is worried about Austin rebelling. Plus, if someone who is able to support themselves leaves the show, what  is he going to do about it anyway?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I think that between Annabelle death and the many persons the show cuts has to be share between, Joy and Austin probably feels like stepping back, be freer to decide what to share (YouTube channel) and having more time for themselves to work at Fort Rock and at the house just feel like this could be a good idea. Jb can't say anything about it because what could he? "I prefer you to stay in the shows the check has to be shared between more family"? Plus now they could add a couple of the howlers to the cast, they will be courting soon.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Oh my friend used to have two mint plants on her balcony just for Mojito nights, ahh the good old uni days...

BTW I finally made it out of Victoria back to QLD. 14 days of self isolation, but not too bad with those new views.

IMG_20200526_125516.jpg

I used to live in Perth, but I wish I could spend some time in QLD. Gorgeous!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, zee_four said:

I used to live in Perth, but I wish I could spend some time in QLD. Gorgeous!

Well Perth has some gorgeous National parks! I just heard they're opening rottnest Island again on June 6th?

Screenshot_2018-08-21-11-37-21.jpg

• Love 21

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Plus now they could add a couple of the howlers to the cast, they will be courting soon.

One of whom just happens to be running for election so I’m sure JB would see any publicity as a win. 

• Upvote 4

@Idlewild it wouldn't be free publicity you know, but ministry! He is just so concerned for the safety of the immortal soul of his potential electors that he had to say something, do they know where they are going to go when they die? He also has the heaven/hell t-shirt if someone needs a reminder (I just feel bad typing this ?)

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Idlewild said:

One of whom just happens to be running for election so I’m sure JB would see any publicity as a win. 

How does that work? Is he able to discuss it on the show? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hand me down? Thrifted? Do we have hope he may be allowed to watch superman or play with action figures, will he be allowed a Wonder Woman one? I am more of a marvel girl but hey superman is still cool. 

809011BA-619F-430A-836C-938E7E873E3F.png

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Joy was never really into filming the show like the other sisters.   There never was enthusiasm when interviewed like the other girls.   Austin was the same way..  Except for this past season, I sort of felt they were into it a bit more.   I think Jessa, Lauren and Kendra enjoy filming the most.

Gideon is really adorable.   

• Upvote 6

I think it's pretty obvious that Joy & Austin are willing to be part of things when it works for them and their schedule, but just don't care about being on TV or filming to be regulars. They'll provide enough of a story line to stay relevant and not piss Jim Bob off too much, but definitely aren't going out of their way to be a part of the show. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I do wonder if JB actually learned a lesson with the Dillards. If there is any truth to the theory that the mission trips were made for TV, then the Dillards got screwed. Derrick gave up a decent job based on promised fame and fortune, but it didn’t pan out and JB lost his good relationship with his favorite daughter. JB might now be more hands off with married kids - as long as Joy and Austin keep sweet in public and show up for important TV milestones, JB isn’t going to demand real participation in the show.

• Upvote 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic