IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

Her name is Evelyn? Are you kidding me?

No snark on the name, it's lovely, but it's a Rex family name ?

• Haha 4

Evy was the name of my.kick ass.great great aunt who lived to be 102, worked as a spy for soe during wwii and was generally amazing

I like to hope it's a good omen_ Evelyn's and Evy's are amazing

Edited by byzant
S
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, viii said:

She edited the name out of the post. I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to be released yet. 

Holy blur photographer wouldn’t have made that mistake. lol. She understands d grade (and lower) celebs. Better pics than hers though. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, byzant said:

Evy was the name of my.kick ass.great great aunt who lived to be 102, worked as a spy for soe during wwii and was generally amazing

I like to hope it's a good omen_ Evelyn's and Evy's are amazing

I had a great-great aunt named Evelyn “Aunt Ev”. She lived well into her 90s and was considered quite the badass by the family. I also had a student named Evelyn who is strong willed and not afraid to speak her mind. 

So I’m with you, I hope it’s a good omen for little Evy Mae. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Don't mind the name, it's old fashioned-trendy. 

I do wonder if the similarity/rhyming with Carlin's daughter's name was deliberate.

Evy Mae - Layla Rae (say it out loud) 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Mae can be a nickname for Mary. My grandmother was named Mary but called Mae. It could be to honor her Grandma Mary.  

Edited by WiseGirl
Spelling
  • Upvote 3

I'm actually really surprised the middle name isn't Joy. I was gonna say I would bet my left ovary on it being Joy, glad I didn't. That would have been unfortunate. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Evelyn Mae is a nice name, prefer Evie to Evy but still nice name and nickname and she is beautiful. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

The baby is beautiful, but I dislike the photo with the baby wrapped like a white Christmas bulb.

The photographer doesn't have a good eye for those poses that are natural/comfortable for Joy, and which feel awkward. That photo with Joy leaning on Austin's back could be beautiful, but it just seems awkward. The photo with Joy cradling Evy Mae also doesn't look natural for Joy.

The photos of Joy and the baby in the hospital were 1,000 times better. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

The baby is beautiful, but I dislike the photo with the baby wrapped like a white Christmas bulb.

I found that one jarring.

Name is beautiful. I like the old fashioned names.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Mae is a family name for me so I obviously love it. 

Also - I wonder if they will continue their trend of M middle names or if that was just a happy coincidence. Using Elise for Annabell throws it off but you never know. J&M also named their miscarriage Caleb instead of a J name. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

The only good thing about this is that when you yell at your kids, you only have one name to choose from instead of mixing up your kids names ?

This is very common in Catholic families--all the girls are given Mary or Maria as a first name, then they go by their middle name or first/middle as one name.

Similar here--Grandfather was named Edward....there are at least 14 boy descendants from him that have the name Edward as either their first name or middle name including my dad, my brother, and my son 

Yup, Irish Catholic family here. Every girl is Mary for first or middle name. If I meet someone my age with my name (Patricia) I know they have a sister named Mary and one other is Kathleen or Teresa. Can't count the John/Jack/Sean/Ians), Jerrys, Tims, Stevens, Katies (the new Kathleen), Tommys...

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Cousins Evie and Ivy.  I like it!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I’m partial since my daughter’s name is Evelyn, but I like it.

Bummer if they didn’t mean to disclose it yet when the photographer announced the name on Instagram first (who has since changed the caption once commenters ragged on her for it).

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

I’m partial since my daughter’s name is Evelyn, but I like it.

Bummer if they didn’t mean to disclose it yet when the photographer announced the name on Instagram first (who has since changed the caption once commenters ragged on her for it).

I browsed through the photographer’s page and it looks like she usually mentions the names of all the babies she does newborn shoots for. I’m guessing the Forsyths were her first high-profile clients and they didn’t think of telling her not to reveal the name and she didn’t think of asking because none her clients have ever cared before.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Evelyn is a nice name. Joy would have been a really nice addition as a middle name, as would Mary, especially if the use of Mae was a nod to GMM. I don’t care for Mae.

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Cousins Evie and Ivy.  I like it!

It is actually Evy & Ivy.  ?

• Thank You 1
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic