IGNORED

Joy & Austin 30: Who Needs Fire Safety when You Have Jesus?

HerNameIsBuffy

On 6/11/2020 at 2:12 PM, mpheels said:

I do wonder if JB actually learned a lesson with the Dillards. If there is any truth to the theory that the mission trips were made for TV, then the Dillards got screwed. Derrick gave up a decent job based on promised fame and fortune, but it didn’t pan out and JB lost his good relationship with his favorite daughter. JB might now be more hands off with married kids - as long as Joy and Austin keep sweet in public and show up for important TV milestones, JB isn’t going to demand real participation in the show.

He probably figures less participation means less money out of HIS pocket!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I like that Joy lets Gideon be a kid. That boy never has pants on, always plays in the dirt, he seems like a happy baby.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 5

Joy made an emotional post about it being one year since they lost Annabell. She said while it was still hard for her to look back on what happened she is also glad to see how far they have come since. I can't imagine how the next few weeks are gonna be like for her and Austin, hope everything goes well for them. 

• Upvote 26

14 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I like that Joy lets Gideon be a kid. That boy never has pants on, always plays in the dirt, he seems like a happy baby.

He is my pet baby fundy. Since day one that baby has been so freakin adorable. Jessa and Bates make incredibly good looking kids but something about Gideon just shines 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I kinda wish I have the same amount of energy as Gideon. Life would be a little bit easier with that amount of serotonin. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

In these times, I don't get why Joy is hanging out with Carlin (and whoever that family was they hung out with a few days ago per instagram). Pregnancy weakens the body's immune system, meaning a potentially harder time if she get covid, plus coronavirus increases the risks of preterm birth. 

Joy doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to pregnancy and birth (not saying the second one was her fault), so if I was her, I would take all the precautions. 

So dumb. 

• Upvote 19

Carlin seemed drunk. Which, rock on, go for it. But I suspect she’s not actually drunk and just playing at the white girl party voice which is super annoying.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

On 7/5/2020 at 7:43 AM, SorenaJ said:

In these times, I don't get why Joy is hanging out with Carlin (and whoever that family was they hung out with a few days ago per instagram). Pregnancy weakens the body's immune system, meaning a potentially harder time if she get covid, plus coronavirus increases the risks of preterm birth. 

Joy doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to pregnancy and birth (not saying the second one was her fault), so if I was her, I would take all the precautions. 

So dumb. 

Oh wow. Here pregnant women are still considered low risk and I haven’t heard anything of the preterm labour issue? Do you have any sources you could share? I would be very interested. It is always interesting what hits the news in different countries in terms of risk assessment, as some report things others don’t.
The only positive thing I see, is that Joy doesn’t seem to be too worried. My experience with miscarries is, that pregnancies loose the pure joy moment because the worry about a miscarriage is always there. Every little sign can make go nuts and throw you back into fears. If she can enjoy her pregnancy with less of this, I am very happy for her. Still, I wouldn’t do it but I think people are free to make their own decisions within the legal guidelines. I think having a more high intense physical (and therefore dangerous) hobby is very irresponsible to your partner and children but obviously I cannot call these people dumb (even if I think so).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

In terms of pregnancy, if you look at the physical changes to a woman’s body, especially at the end, having any respiratory illness is going to make breathing much more difficult. Covid-19 initially affects the lungs, so it’s easy to see why it could be particularly problematic for a heavily pregnant woman. And while dumb might be a harsh word, I have no problem assigning the label of vastly undereducated. They lack basic knowledge and have intellectual curiosity beaten/trained out of them- 

• Upvote 11

@just_ordinary Ignorance is bliss & Joy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.  

Did anyone see Carlin & Joy's stories where they they are riding ATVs, in skirts. Of course the men are driving & Austin & Joy are going slowly, but Joy is VERY pregnant, and can't wrap her arms around Austin to hold on. ?

Joy is all baby, I cannot imagine being outside in this heat THAT pregnant. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@just_ordinary Ignorance is bliss & Joy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.  

Did anyone see Carlin & Joy's stories where they they are riding ATVs, in skirts. Of course the men are driving & Austin & Joy are going slowly, but Joy is VERY pregnant, and can't wrap her arms around Austin to hold on. ?

Oh, is joy getting close? I could hardly tell in that bump hugger tank ?

That's actually something I'd wear to cope in the heat but I don't belong to a cult that teaches assault is a women's fault for showing collar bones like a hoe ?‍♀️

Screenshot_20200706-234551.png

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2020 at 9:21 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Believe me, its freaking miserable. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

yeah i did an Australian summer very pregnant and ill to boot with no air con. I was/am already overweight and being  that pregnant, I agree pretty dam miserable! Babe made it all worth it (of course).

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and not having ANY of our heat wave right now.  I told my husband last week that I felt like a capped tube of toothpaste that somebody was squeezing in my non-maternity scrubs and that toothpaste is NOT going outside in the 90 degree 80% humidity to weed the garden.  Luckily I'm not in a submissive fertility cult and my husband is happy to weed for me.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

According to Carlin's story, Even has been exposed to COVID-19 by a co worker, and he needs to be tested...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

According to Carlin's story, Even has been exposed to COVID-19 by a co worker, and he needs to be tested...

They posted a YouTube video about it a few days ago. He was tested last week and it was negative.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Carlin is trolling for hits on her vlog. Evan was tested before they went to AR to visit Joy. The vlog posted last Saturday, and Even had to quarantine for a few days while waiting for test results, so I'm guessing that he was tested early last week. He texted negative.

That said, he was well within the 2 week incubation period when they went to AR. They treated the two weeks off work (mandatory due to the exposure) as a vacation.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

I think Carlin may also have posted again to misdirect. As in, "Oh, Evan just got exposed at work!" like it happened on Monday, rather than almost two weeks ago. I guess with the holiday, she can fool viewers into thinking the blog was just posted (they post on Saturdays). 

• Upvote 5

Their vlog posts on Saturday each week.   And it looks like what is posted is a week or more old.   While Evan made reference to the upcoming trip to Arkansas it easily could have been the previous weekend.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

and that toothpaste is NOT going outside in the 90 degree 80% humidity to weed the garden. 

I'm laughing at this one line you wrote, not your whole situation of being the toothpaste. I feel for you.

• Upvote 3

So Carlin posted pics of Joy's baby shower, and amidst the caption was this:
"God is doing great things in and through you guys!"

What is God doing through them? Are they helping people in any way? What are they doing besides flipping houses (for profit) and having kids? Are they volunteering? Donating money? I know they have that weird medic thing, but it seemed pretty sketch and I'm not sure if Austin is part of it... and even if so, did they help anyone, or did they just flash their fake badges and pose for Instagram pics?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

So Carlin posted pics of Joy's baby shower, and amidst the caption was this:
"God is doing great things in and through you guys!"

What is God doing through them? Are they helping people in any way? What are they doing besides flipping houses (for profit) and having kids? Are they volunteering? Donating money? I know they have that weird medic thing, but it seemed pretty sketch and I'm not sure if Austin is part of it... and even if so, did they help anyone, or did they just flash their fake badges and pose for Instagram pics?

To the bolded: According to them, God is doing a lot of work through them, by them bring anti-abortion, so they are saving many lives by being against abortion. 

I would think. 

In terms of actually doing God's work, I don't think they are doing much. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Most of the Duggars seem to believe their very existence is a ‘ministry’ for which they should be rewarded both on earth and in heaven.

They have been known to ‘minister’ in prisons in the past and they still like their Central America missioncations. Mostly though if they are going to do anything it will be via an LLC where they control the donations or public appearances to to tell us how to live. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Joy finally has her own Instagram handle and she and Austin have tweaked their bios to be nearly identical the way JinJer's and Benessa's are. They also list the same emails "for business inquiries." I wonder what's going on with this company that suddenly "manages" Duggar couples. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic