IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

It’s helpful context but still an awful phrase. Why do we still demean children so?

I feel the same about calling kids “brats” even in an affectionate way. Words matter. They reveal things. Rotten to the core is just a horrible concept to say to anyone however endearingly. 

It’s also weird to me because it makes me think of the doctrine of total depravity, which is something I assume they believe. So weird to have it as a normal phrase. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Thanks to all the Southerners for backing up the Bates’s usage of “rotten to the core.” I honestly have never heard or seen that usage. Can someone point to a website or something I can google to see this definition? 

I doubt it. It's just something said. Just as weird as us saying "I want to hug your neck" and other strange ass shit we say like, for instance, if a child looks just like his mama or his daddy we'd say that he/she was "scraped off your mama's/daddy's butt". OR, if someone is really annoying we'd say "you're plucking my last nerve". 

Moving west really fucked with my head...half the time people had NO clue what I was saying. My daughter runs into that problem all the time. We usually just laugh about it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I doubt it. It's just something said. Just as weird as us saying "I want to hug your neck" and other strange ass shit we say like, for instance, if a child looks just like his mama or his daddy we'd say that he/she was "scraped off your mama's/daddy's butt". OR, if someone is really annoying we'd say "you're plucking my last nerve". 

Yes to "I wanna hug your neck!!"  and "you are getting on my last nerve."

"I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck."

I wonder if the Duggers can say "I wanna hug your neck" in the holy sidehug context? : )

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Thanks to all the Southerners for backing up the Bates’s usage of “rotten to the core.” I honestly have never heard or seen that usage. Can someone point to a website or something I can google to see this definition? 

I found this: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/rotten#:~:text=Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor,Oh yeah%2C she's real rotten.

I live in Mississippi and I hear this phrase used affectionately all the time!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Oh dear - after years I had my first Bates Dream encounter. Erin has divorced Chad and a new partner. He was already all over her Insta but still vague enough. Then they had a big announcement episode to introduce him. Her children seemed to like him/she definitely pushed them to be very friendly with him.
Why my head went there- no idea.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Oh dear - after years I had my first Bates Dream encounter. Erin has divorced Chad and a new partner. He was already all over her Insta but still vague enough. Then they had a big announcement episode to introduce him. Her children seemed to like him/she definitely pushed them to be very friendly with him.
Why my head went there- no idea.

Unless things are wildly different behind the scenes than they are on Instagram (which is possible), there’s no way she’d leave Chad. How many other men would go for the pink bedroom and the endless freeloading from the in-laws?

if she did though, I bet Jana Duggar would be in a courtship with him ASAP. He seems like the kind of guy she’s said she wanted and I’ve heard a lot of rumors that she was interested. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

@princessmahina She wouldn’t even leave him, if she was unhappy. That’s not in their books. She would clench her teeth, pray harder, write more gushier captions and do everything she could to make it work. Their twisted understanding of almost everything has her trapped with almost no way out. Not that I believe she isn’t happy. She seems all to well. Fundiedom seems to be working well for her. She might have not snatched Mr. Universe but Chad seems to be all to happy to worship the ground she stands on. Which is why I was completely baffled to this twist.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

if she did though, I bet Jana Duggar would be in a courtship with him ASAP. He seems like the kind of guy she’s said she wanted and I’ve heard a lot of rumors that she was interested. 

Never thought about it, but now that you mention it they really would have been perfect for each other.

So do we know any other single fundie guy that reminds us of Chad and that could be a possibility for Jana? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, HereticHick said:

"I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck."

I used to sing this song to the little boy I cared for when I put him down for his nap. I figured his mom knows You Are My Sunshine, and I wanted to save that for her special song with her son.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

After Carlin’s announcement that she and her husband have Covid, do we supposed Cherin does too? They’ve been radio silent for the same time period. 

• Upvote 2

It could be that, and it would be a very thing with all those kids from all the ages, is not like they could send them to grands for a week or so as Carvan has done with baby Layla, or it could be that they are waiting a little bit before announcing a new blessing on the way 

• Upvote 1

Erin posted a post or story the other day of Carson and Brook dancing together.  Brook had on a princess dress and crooked crown.  Carson kept spinning himself.  It was cute.  In the middle of the dance, Erin panned the camera over and there was a brown headed child with a popsicle. 

It was Everly.  And I said to myself, "So this is what Everly looks like."   

I know the 3rd child is in family photos, but I feel like Erin has never featured her in her SM outreach since she was a tiny baby.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Per Duggar Data, Chad and Erin aren't due to announce #5 until late December. Crossing my fingers they don't pull a KenJo.

I was going to say "Holland's only 8 months old" buuut that doesn't really matter.

I remember Michelle's quote about having too many children is like saying you have too many flowers, or whatever... but how can you enjoy the flowers you have when you're constantly out looking for more to jam into the vase?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, doubleT said:

Erin posted a post or story the other day of Carson and Brook dancing together.  Brook had on a princess dress and crooked crown.  Carson kept spinning himself.  It was cute.  In the middle of the dance, Erin panned the camera over and there was a brown headed child with a popsicle. 

I know the 3rd child is in family photos, but I feel like Erin has never featured her in her SM outreach since she was a tiny baby.  

I keep reading here and on reddit that Erin clearly favors Carson and doesn’t seem to like Brooklyn...but at least Brooklyn is shown on social media. Everly is always tucked away or just not shown. Poor kid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I keep reading here and on reddit that Erin clearly favors Carson and doesn’t seem to like Brooklyn...but at least Brooklyn is shown on social media. Everly is always tucked away or just not shown. Poor kid. 

Brooklyn was absent from social media when she was Everly' age, too. I think Erin only features the kids when they are old and compliant enough to pose for photos, or small enough babies that it's easy to get a good snap. 

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Brooklyn was absent from social media when she was Everly' age, too. I think Erin only features the kids when they are old and compliant enough to pose for photos, or small enough babies that it's easy to get a good snap. 

Ooh I didn’t remember that! Interesting. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/21/2020 at 2:06 PM, doubleT said:

She looks just like Alyssa's Lexi!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Erin is back on insta after a long hiatus with a posed family shoot. Why do I feel like this is is a pregnancy announcements shoot?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Erin is back on insta after a long hiatus with a posed family shoot. Why do I feel like this is is a pregnancy announcements shoot?

Because it probably is? Ugh... 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Poor Brookie...no one paying any attention to her, except Everly, who is kicking her in the head. That kid definitely got the short end of the stick. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Its a pregnancy announcement. For sure. Erin would never let Alyssa be pregnant alone. LOL. Plus, we know Josie is trying.  And Tori probably gave her 'baby fever' even though Holland is still so little 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Every time there's a long gap with no insta posts, you know what's coming next........"We are so SURPRISED to announce we are having a baby! We are SHOCKED that our unprotected sex led to a baby! I've been having morning sickness but getting better. Did we say how SURPRISED we are!!!!!!" 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

all of them seem to blur together, i know they do it every year at the beach when they go on holiday. isn't this an old one. or is this the new years one? ohhhhh yeah its an old one it says throw back 

• Upvote 5

Well, there is Holland so it can be so old I think ? all this photoshoot are kinda blurring into the same one for me too, I only count the baby  I mean the blessing and based on how many there are I pick a year ?

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic