IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

I wonder how they will spin this on the show. Will they pretend like the Bateses were super careful about the pandemic and were unlucky to catch it? Or will they show the fact that the Bateses didn’t seem to give a single fuck about spreading covid and that’s why they got it. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

Or maybe they will basically ignored the fact and just put a little blurb saying that some members of the family have had and now have recovered from it. This way they will not have to say anything and the viewers can just decide by themselves what has happened

Oh and obviously they will also say how grateful and moved they are by all the prayers and thought people have offered them etc, etc 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I feel like the Bates and Duggar families are getting a dose of reality lately, between COVID, several miscarriages, broken relationships, etc. They're the sort of things that happen all the time and in families that big they're even more inevitable. Not that I wish harm on anyone, but the illusion of their perfect Christian utopias are not holding up and that's a good thing. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I feel like the Bates and Duggar families are getting a dose of reality lately, between COVID, several miscarriages, broken relationships, etc. They're the sort of things that happen all the time and in families that big they're even more inevitable. Not that I wish harm on anyone, but the illusion of their perfect Christian utopias are not holding up and that's a good thing. 

They are receiving consequences for their actions (pandemic for example) but they will just say its god testing them or god working in mysterious ways. They won’t actually realize their careless behavior caused them to get covid. That’s what I really hate.

• Upvote 21
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

@JermajestyDuggar what has always perplexed me with their ways of reacting by citing Gid or saying that are just being tested by God is that I'm not even sure if they really believe it or it is just lip service because this what they are expected to say/they don't know any other option.

Surely this can be their fault, after all they were just following the rules, so it has to be God that is working to give them a lesson (that they will not learn) or maybe is Satan that is tempting them all. /s 

• Upvote 4

They already had a post on the season finale that multiple Bates member were diagnosed with COVID and have all since recovered and are praying for those affected.

They did what a lot of these fundie/conservative christian family reality tv shows have done, show that they are all "quarantining" in their houses when their social media showed them all hanging out with one another without masks.

So now we are up to:

Carlin & Evan

Erin (maybe Chad?)

Can't remember if they said Gil and Kelly Jo had it at the end of the episode.

• Upvote 14

Unreal. And Alyssa, pregnant and with a serious heart condition (and now multiple known infected family members), is still going to indoor unmasked lengthy church services every week.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

They still haven't told us who got tested and who was positive.  Why did she not say anything for 3+ months?  So weird.  I looked it up.  Carlin admitted on 8/16 that she and Evan had it and were recovering.  Erin posted the week prior with other video looking and acting well so I'm going to assume that she tested positive after.  Are they afraid of blowback from COVID deniers?

So weird. 

• Upvote 14

So we don't know but perhaps we can speculate that Carlin in some way spread to Erin.  We've seen Erin's kids photographed at Dollywood but not with Erin.  Whitney had them and Kelli Jo.  Erin may haveb een sick for some time now.  She might have been a long hauler. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Sounds like she coincided with Carlin. I'm sure more of the Bates had it that we dont yet know about. I hope every last kid and adult was tested and they've taken extra precautions since (except we already know Carlin hasnt, but Erin seems less of a dumb asshole).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Speculation Bus:

Erin is also pregnant and won’t announce until she can say she’s much better and Covid is behind her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speculation Bus:

Erin is also pregnant and won’t announce until she can say she’s much better and Covid is behind her. 

I was considering this too.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speculation Bus:

I was thinking that she is pregnant too and that is why it was so hard on her (plus her clotting disorder) and has taken her several months to recover. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not so sure she's pregnant. She modeled for the boutique late last week and wasn't showing. She tends to show earlier than, say, Alyssa.

• Upvote 4

On 10/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, wendy-sparkles said:

would Erin's clotting disorder exacerbate her covid? I thought covid was causing bad blood clots etc. It's so much worse the Bates not taking covid seriously if they already have multiple daughters at higher risk.

I believe her clotting issue is exclusively related to pregnancy and not one that she has at any other time. I don't remember if she has Factor V Leiden or Antiphospholipid syndrome.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I believe her clotting issue is exclusively related to pregnancy and not one that she has at any other time. I don't remember if she has Factor V Leiden or Antiphospholipid syndrome.

The only thing that they have officially admitted to is MTHFR mutation but she has said that she has more than one reason for clotting.  Carlin also has the same two disorders so one probably isn't antiphospholipid.  

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 2

She may just have had a hard time because sometimes perfectly healthy young people have a terrible time with this illness.  For no good reason whatsoever.  And she's had a ton of babies in a very short period of times which may have run her down. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

It is definitely possible she might be pregnant. There is something beyond the vagueness of this and the last post. Other than the word already, they are carefully worded. She's not the sharpest cheddar on the cracker, but she seems more sensitive than say Carlin who cracks jokes about maybe being pregnant when she has a sister with fertility issues and friends/sisters who have had miscarriages. It is possible that Erin is being quieter out of respect for her college friend who suffered a miscarriage recently. 

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

I'm not so sure she's pregnant. She modeled for the boutique late last week and wasn't showing. She tends to show earlier than, say, Alyssa.

But when were those photos taken? When Taryn takes their photos, she normally needs a week or so to select and edit the photos, including sizing, etc. If Erin is just now feeling better, it would stand to reason that the photos might have been taken in August or even July. Typically, a shop will do their photos a few months ahead of the next season. That way they can plan, etc. For example, you aren't going to photograph summer dresses in July or August because you have already missed the prime time to sell them. 

• Upvote 10
  • Move Along 1

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

She may just have had a hard time because sometimes perfectly healthy young people have a terrible time with this illness.  For no good reason whatsoever.  And she's had a ton of babies in a very short period of times which may have run her down. 

sorry! I wasn't trying to imply that Erin only had a hard time because of a comorbidity, just that it had only now occurred to me that the Bates might have known members of their family were at higher risk and still been blasé about the dangers of covid. you're right, lots of young otherwise healthy people are suffering with covid, seemingly at random.

Thank you everyone for your info that the bates clotting disorder seems to only effect pregnancy. gosh I hope she wasn't pregnant.

• Upvote 6

I'm sticking with my original thought from her intentionally vague, attention seeking post, that she *was* pregnant but has miscarried. Now that we know she had covid, it's possible my speculated loss was a result of being sick combined with her clotting issues. I'm not a doctor, I just play one on FJ. If the next post is about a pregnancy loss, then kudos to her for her carefully curated IG posts to maximize drama and attention. 

Editing to add--maybe they never had any intention of revealing her covid diagnosis, esp. since the Bates were galavanting all over the place this summer, she probs didn't want the back lash, but if she's miscarried, they can blame the illness.

Yes, I like to weave stories. My life is boring with everything closed.

Edited by FaithAndReason
add thought
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

If Factor V would be an issue (she hasn’t said anything about it though but mentioned something else) it is a genetic mutation and not exclusively related to pregnancy. It makes you more prone to blood clothes which is true in any situation. Some situations are generally known to raise risk and with Factor V the risk is higher. Long travel with limited movement (some get a small dosage medication to take just for the day of travel for example), bed rest, pregnancy, smoking especially while being on the pill.... Pregnancy is just so prominent because it’s raising the risk quite significantly for an extended period of time.

I will say that I would be very scared to catch COVID with any kind of clotting disorders. It can be an unlucky combination.

• Upvote 5

On 10/27/2020 at 5:14 PM, FaithAndReason said:

Yes, I like to weave stories. My life is boring with everything closed.

Great statement; I'm "laughing" at these two sentences, not at anything else you wrote. I love developing theories and weaving stories, and reading those of others. Not just about fundies, but a lot of life stuff. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Erin (and Carlin and Tori) have PAI- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1 Deficiency. It does increase risk of infection with Covid and can make people's cases much more serious and longer-lasting.

I've never heard of this. I guess they said this on television?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I've never heard of this. I guess they said this on television?

Erin was shown being diagnosed with it on the second episode of Bringing Up Bates. Pretty sure that was the last time they called it PAI- ever since then, they just say "clotting disorder".

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic