IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

17 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I can't decide who Everly and Holland look like.  To me, Carson looks like Erin and Brooklyn looks like Chad.  She posted that picture in order to give a talk about being a servant and how their family wants to serve others.  I think she came up with the lecture as a means of showing the photos. Instead of, you know, just showing the photos. 

I think Holland looks like Chad, and will probably look a lot like Brooklyn.  Everly is the odd one out lookswise, but she looks very similar to Isaiah. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think Holland looks like Chad, and will probably look a lot like Brooklyn.  Everly is the odd one out lookswise, but she looks very similar to Isaiah. 

I think that Everly looks like Alyssa’s daughters, especially Lexi. Lexi and Everly were born just days apart!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/1/2020 at 5:53 AM, Angelface said:

I think that Everly looks like Alyssa’s daughters, especially Lexi. Lexi and Everly were born just days apart!

I think you mean Zoey, not Lexi... But I agree with you, I think Everly and Lexi look a lot alike.

Screenshot_20201204-121859.thumb.png.379dfae739c8a6472a3cb36181da4689.png

• Upvote 3

Thank you for noting my mistake. I meant to say “Zoey” but got distracted by thinking about who Everly looked like and I think that she most resembles Lexi. It is beginning to get quite confusing with so many Bates granddaughters. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

She probably piously and sanctimoniously views herself, her family, and her social media as a “ministry,” and is trying to be an “encouragement.” Wonder how she feels about the rampant embedded product placements in bringing up Bates 

• Upvote 4

On 12/5/2020 at 1:03 PM, fluffernutter said:

Wait they have four kids? I thought they had three. She sneaked a girl in there somewhere. ?

Carson, Brooklyn, Everly, Holland. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/5/2020 at 12:03 PM, fluffernutter said:

Wait they have four kids? I thought they had three. She sneaked a girl in there somewhere. ?

That happens when you breed like rabbits.  I'm waiting for the announcement of precious gift #5, Holland is 1 now. 

• Upvote 15

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That happens when you breed like rabbits.  I'm waiting for the announcement of precious gift #5, Holland is 1 now. 

Erin didn't get pregnant with Holland til Everly turned one, so if she goes by this again her announcement won't be til February 

• Upvote 4

I'm wondering how they'll frame the newest announcement... when she got pregnant with Brooklyn it was "We knew Carson needed a sibling!", then when she announced her pregnancy with Everly it was "Our hands are full but we're looking forward to an adventure!" (later on, rephrased as "Brooklyn needed a sister!") During her pregnancy with Holland, Everly "lucked out" by getting a younger sister.

Here's my prediction: "God is so good! He has chosen to bless our family with another little one, and our hearts are overflowing with joy! Holland is so looking forward to being a big sister, seeing as she got so lucky with her amazing older siblings! Our lives will be even busier with more diapers to change and little hands to hold but we wouldn't have it any other way! ???"

And then she'll go into labor six weeks early and then they'll have seven people living in a two bedroom rental.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

I'm wondering how they'll frame the newest announcement... when she got pregnant with Brooklyn it was "We knew Carson needed a sibling!", then when she announced her pregnancy with Everly it was "Our hands are full but we're looking forward to an adventure!" (later on, rephrased as "Brooklyn needed a sister!") During her pregnancy with Holland, Everly "lucked out" by getting a younger sister.

Here's my prediction: "God is so good! He has chosen to bless our family with another little one, and our hearts are overflowing with joy! Holland is so looking forward to being a big sister, seeing as she got so lucky with her amazing older siblings! Our lives will be even busier with more diapers to change and little hands to hold but we wouldn't have it any other way! ???"

And then she'll go into labor six weeks early and then they'll have seven people living in a two bedroom rental.

"We're SO SURPRISED that we are pregnant!! We just can't believe it!!"  ?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

I'm pretty sure you nailed it. Erin and Chad should just copy your announcement IMHO.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 4:18 PM, indianabones said:

Erin is really lucky that her babies haven't required NICU time. Erin usually has her babies a month early.   I've known people whose babies were born at the same gestation length as Erin's and their babies were put into NICU.  

Her latest baby Holland was 5 weeks early. I hope she goes longer with her future babies. 

• Upvote 9

881AE2CD-F2EF-4FF3-9598-2DE6460BC2F7.thumb.jpeg.37ba1f9cf8e463f519c7dcd9340211c8.jpeg

im sorry but education should be in her top three things if she is home schooling. I know Carson is still little BUT education is just as important as everything else in his life if not more. Education is what is going to help him become a functioning adult. ?‍♀️ I knew too many home school moms, including my own, that slacked off because it was too hard, they didn’t prioritize it, or it was too much work. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

881AE2CD-F2EF-4FF3-9598-2DE6460BC2F7.thumb.jpeg.37ba1f9cf8e463f519c7dcd9340211c8.jpeg

im sorry but education should be in her top three things if she is home schooling. I know Carson is still little BUT education is just as important as everything else in his life if not more. Education is what is going to help him become a functioning adult. ?‍♀️ I knew too many home school moms, including my own, that slacked off because it was too hard, they didn’t prioritize it, or it was too much work. 

Her children in general should be up there in priorities beyond "teaching about the Lord". She has very young children. If you don't watch them, they crawl, run, get into things, etc. If I had toddlers, my number one priority would be making sure they're safe and not doing something dangerous. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Yeah, this post had the opposite effect on me than what Erin probably intended. She's just demonstrating the inescapable fact that there are only so many hours in a day, no matter how much you pray or love Jesus, and how the Quiverfull lifestyle sets impossible standards for mothers. You can't have a child every year, keep a perfect house, "date" your husband, make dinner every night, and adequately homeschool all of your kids. 

I agree with you that I think homeschooling gets pushed aside most frequently. Because its effects aren't as immediately noticeable and there aren't any hard, immediate deadlines like there are with Christmas gift shopping and laundry. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah, this post had the opposite effect on me than what Erin probably intended. She's just demonstrating the inescapable fact that there are only so many hours in a day, no matter how much you pray or love Jesus, and how the Quiverfull lifestyle sets impossible standards for mothers. You can't have a child every year, keep a perfect house, "date" your husband, make dinner every night, and adequately homeschool all of your kids. 

I agree with you that I think homeschooling gets pushed aside most frequently. Because its effects aren't as immediately noticeable and there aren't any hard, immediate deadlines like there are with Christmas gift shopping and laundry. 

I’d also like to say that not everyone knows everything. It’s hard to teach your kids when you don’t know. Unless you get tutors or put your kids in a co op it’s hard for them to learn past what you know. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

There is also less hard and fast accountability like her children having to pass a yearly competency test or be sent to public school. I agree @Lgirlrocks, not everyone is good at all subjects and not everyone is a natural teacher, not even their own children. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 14

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

There is also less hard and fast accountability like her children having to pass a yearly competency test or be sent to public school. I agree @Lgirlrocks, not everyone is good at all subjects and not everyone is a natural teacher, not even their own children. 

So true. There is hardly any accountability when it comes to home schooling. I knew a family that never did school work with their kids. They let them play and took them to the movies. I also know a lot of families that spend lots of time schooling their kids, letting them do activities they are interested in, and allowing them time to play and do other fun things.

• Upvote 5

My parents would have put education first too. If the house needed to be cleaned and other things needed to be done. Well, they would have done that too. If it meant moving spending time together to after the kids were asleep or skip it. Well, then that's what they did. They tried to get all the cleaning, errands and other stuff done early on weekends so they could watch football game together or hang out. But it didn't always work out. Kids get sick, homework, school projects, my brother's baseball games, my art classes and helping out relatives. They found time when they could and when they coudn't it was okay. They were adults who lived in the real world. Erin doesn't really. Not only is education not a priority, but working at the boutique is something you'd think would be one too. Work is suppose to be priority. It always was for my parents you know keeping a roof over our heads was pretty important. Plus they wanted to save up money for vacations and things to do with their kids. All three things on her lists are ridicuolous. And those are her priorites every day? Spending time with Jesus. Doing what? Reading the Bible? Why can't she do that later? Same with Chad and her kids relationship with Jesus which apparently is a separate thing from her spending time with Jesus? Why can't she combine the first and third together and for a time when the other stuff is done? Why aren't her kids a priority? My parents were busy and yet somehow they managed to find time to make sure my brother and I knew about God and Jesus. My brother and sister-in-law are managing to do the same too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

What I want to know is what in the bible that in there lifetime they haven’t already learnt? Why does it need to be studied everyday? Wouldn’t a simple quick god conversation with your husband or sibling be enough “time with Jesus?” I don’t understand all this need to constantly study a book they should and most probably have already read cover to cover so many times. 
not funny so who knows 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I would say that the number one priority should be quality time with the kids. Even more than homeschooling. She has 4 children and 2 of them are very little. When does Erin sit down with them to play, cuddle or just watch them playing in the yard? Story time? Something?

Remember that they have almost no toys and cannot play alone outside. The house is little. Must be boring!

Some people say mothers don't need to play with kids. But they to invest time watching them playing outdoors or organising safe playing areas indoors. Erin has a lot of work, and her only time with kids is homeschooling Carson (we all know she uses videos) and praying with them. If she has free time, it's for Chad. The 3 girls must feel so lost.

I'm sad. Erin and Alyssa are clearly showing that they cannot handle 3 or 4 while homeschooling properly. And they pretend it is possible to raise 19 kids? Ridiculous!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

35 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

What I want to know is what in the bible that in there lifetime they haven’t already learnt? Why does it need to be studied everyday? Wouldn’t a simple quick god conversation with your husband or sibling be enough “time with Jesus?” I don’t understand all this need to constantly study a book they should and most probably have already read cover to cover so many times. 
not funny so who knows 

My grand-aunt was a Catholic nun. When she was young she had to pray for hours daily. But when she got older, she was said that thinking about Jesus while working or doing a hobbie or helping somebody or whatever, was like praying. She felt better then... and got more free time!

• Upvote 11

As an ex-evangelical I remember how heavy and cumbersome, daily Bible reading could be given, both the quantity and the fact that you were always supposed to have some "revelation" while reading it. I roll my eyeballs at Evangelicals who label Catholics "legalistic" when so many of them struggle in their daily Bible reading. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic