IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Huh. I didn't expect this baby to be born before M6. She was due December 27 and this is even a bit earlier than she usually goes. At 35 weeks 5 days, that weight is pretty good. Hopefully Holland has strong lungs and doesn't drop too much below her birth weight. 

We're almost through babygeddon people. One more to go in 2019. I think. All the girl babies makes it even harder to distinguish (or care?). 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

She delivered 5 days earlier than Duggar Data speculated (Erin delivers 26 days early on average). I hope all went well- per the photos, it seems like it did!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

It’s amazing that the person who had the baby looks better rested than the baby’s papa! Beautiful family. They should have named that baby the Caboose Omega.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I feel like Erin has gotten ridiculously lucky. She always has her babies early and she has yet to have any real problems. If she keeps having baby after baby, I feel like odds are stacked against her. Eventually there will be a baby who isn’t “just fine” being born a month early. Will that happen when Erin has 8 kids 10 and under at home? 

And I can tell you why Chad looks tired. Because Erin made him get a tree off of the Bates property. She says it was a lot of work but worth it. I doubt it was any work for Erin. Erin wanted a free tree and it doesn’t matter if chad has to work his butt off all the time. 

This bothers me because we see it so much in reverse in fundie couples. Usually it’s a totally over worked wife and a husband to has plenty of free time to relax (example PP Anderson). But since it’s in reverse, no one thinks anything of it. It’s my opinion that Erin demands too much of Chad. I know he can say no, but fundies aren’t always raised that way. Chad is the oldest brother in a family with 10 kids. I’m sure it’s been drilled into him all his life that it’s his duty to always help family. To always put others first. And he looks exhausted.

910E4BF1-AD50-4AB7-AA2A-F15A356E467D.jpeg

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Huh. I didn't expect this baby to be born before M6. She was due December 27 and this is even a bit earlier than she usually goes. At 35 weeks 5 days, that weight is pretty good. Hopefully Holland has strong lungs and doesn't drop too much below her birth weight. 

We're almost through babygeddon people. One more to go in 2019. I think. All the girl babies makes it even harder to distinguish (or care?). 

Dec 27, really?  I thought Erin's baby was due in November.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Erin keeps having these babies earlier and earlier. I know some people have insisted that her clotting disorder won't limit her family size, but 35 (almost 36) weeks is no where close to term. She's going to eventually have complications.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Dec 27, really?  I thought Erin's baby was due in November.

No, everyone expected her to have the baby at the end of November because she always has them early. That’s why I think she keeps pushing her luck. Eventually one of these early births won’t be problem free.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

FWIW I’ve been on blood thinners in pregnancy for clotting issues and they often induce you early to control the bleeding and/or make sure placenta is still functioning properly. When I lived in the south, they always induced at 37 weeks. Other places...38 or 39.

I don’t remember Erin having hospital inductions but they could be trying natural things...35 weeks is pretty early but I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t explain all the medical reasons for the timing of each birth.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

FWIW I’ve been on blood thinners in pregnancy for clotting issues and they often induce you early to control the bleeding and/or make sure placenta is still functioning properly. When I lived in the south, they always induced at 37 weeks. Other places...38 or 39.

I don’t remember Erin having hospital inductions but they could be trying natural things...35 weeks is pretty early but I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t explain all the medical reasons for the timing of each birth.

With Carson she actually had a placental abruption before the induction date, i hope its not what happened this time.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Glad everything went ok. Chad does look really worn out. Thought everyone was over reacting. They better stash as much UP money as they can. Doubt they will have as much longevity as the Duggars.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This bothers me because we see it so much in reverse in fundie couples. Usually it’s a totally over worked wife and a husband to has plenty of free time to relax (example PP Anderson). But since it’s in reverse, no one thinks anything of it. It’s my opinion that Erin demands too much of Chad. I know he can say no, but fundies aren’t always raised that way. Chad is the oldest brother in a family with 10 kids. I’m sure it’s been drilled into him all his life that it’s his duty to always help family. To always put others first. And he looks exhausted.

The guy really does look tired.  I agree that Erin demands too much of him.   He has enough on his plate, supporting a growing family,  but Erin doesn't seem to have any problem with getting him to do more including "volunteering" him.    Maybe she doesn't but the way she talks sometimes makes it look like that is what she is doing.  

• Upvote 12

He actually looks like he isn't well. And has been looking progressively worse in pics this year, IMO. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Good Lord that is an ugly shrub tree.  I can't get over how fast Erin is having kids considering her complication, you'd think she'd slow down, she's had 4 kids in less than 5 years. If all goes as smoothly as it had as the 1st 4 she could hit 19 kids by the time she's 43, meaning should could make 20 kids before her eggs dry up. 

My 1st baby was born at 36 weeks, I had a PROM (premature rupture of membranes) at 35 weeks 6 days they don't know what cause my waters to break so early. I was being monitored for pre-eclampsia  they wanted to get me to 37 weeks, if possible, before inducing, I knew he'd be early, just not that early. 

Today is my son's birthday, he's 22, so all is well, he was still 8lbs and 20 inches at birth, even being a full 4 weeks early (his sister was over 9lbs, 10 days early, I make big babies)  I had absolutely no complications with my 2nd pregnancy, thankfully. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

To be fair, Erin is a full time mother to 3 young kids and now a baby on top of that. It's not like she's laying on a couch all day tossing bonbons into her mouth whilst Chad works himself to the bone. I don't disagree that it looks like she volunteers Chad a lot, and has high demands of him. But to portray it as the inverse of couples where the man has loads of leisure time and the wife works like crazy doesn't seem fair at all. You don't get much leisure time at all when you have little kids. 

• Upvote 19

I don't think that we can assume that the clotting disorder is necessarily the thing that's causing the premature births each time. She could have other things going on as well.

I am not sure which factor deficiency she has, but I have one too and always had to take progesterone shots all the way through. My placenta was just fine with my first (went to 39w) and began to fail at 35+5 with the second but that was attributable more to diabetes than the clotting disorder.

She is lucky that she's had 4 late-term preemies and none had extended hospital stays with various issues. At the rate she's going and if the babies keep arriving earlier and smaller, it's only a matter of time before one arrives with significant medical complications.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Chad is looking rough. I am almost ready to feel sorry for him. I can’t imagine putting up with someone like Erin. Let’s face it she’s not dealing with the kids all day every day. She’s got access to help from her parents and siblings. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Erin possibly doesn't look a whole lot better than Chad, but she's allowed to cover it up with make up. He might look great too with a bit of concealer and so on!

• Upvote 9

On 11/27/2019 at 8:29 PM, neuroticcat said:

I had been on blood thinners too (from 5 weeks till the end). There was never a big concern about bleeding. I went past my due date. They switched the formula around two weeks before my due date though, so the medication ran out of my system earlier. I just stopped when my water broke (others I had stopped when I had regular contractions). The hospital knew about the medication so they were prepared but there was no need for anything even with my c-section. 

I was checked on regularly but not more than other pregnancies after the first trim (though I additionally appointments to check my blood thinning but not the baby). And I have never heard of people with blood thinners being induced early. But that might be a coincidence.

But there are very different ways in medical treatments and recommendations from country to country.

And it must depend on the medication and the condition. Not every blood thinner is the same and there are various dosages possible.

I think she choose to get induced after Carson, so she could have her PDA. But on the other hand I cannot imagine a doctor inducing that early without concern for the health of mother and/or babe.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

She also planned to get induced with Carson from what I remember, but it never happened because she went into labor on her own (I’ve never watched the episode but the recap from Lily and Ellie said she woke up with contractions one day and her water broke soon after. It was later discover she had a placental abruption. )

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 11/29/2019 at 12:53 AM, grandmadugger said:

Chad is looking rough. I am almost ready to feel sorry for him. I can’t imagine putting up with someone like Erin. Let’s face it she’s not dealing with the kids all day every day. She’s got access to help from her parents and siblings. 

He is the one fundie husband I feel a bit bad for. The guy just doesnt know how to say no, I need a break. 

• Upvote 12

I’m interested in what clotting disorder Erin has too. 

I’m homozygous for Factor V Leiden. Found out after going on Ortho Evra and getting a DVT + a smattering of small pulmonary embolisms (emboli??) @ age 25.

Went on a prophylactic dose of Lovenox for baby #1. It was low enough that they didn’t recommend inducing, and he was born naturally a day after his due date. But after my epidural wore off, my left leg never woke back up. I was at a tiny crappy hospital that was obviously out of their element. They sent in some neurologist that specialized in Botox to tell me she wasn’t sure whether I’d regain feeling/use of the leg eventually. (It was just floppy dead weight.) Then I got a DVT in the leg that was paralyzed because apparently my blood just really likes to clot, and a prophylactic dose was not nearly strong enough for me postpartum. So I had to go stay in another hospital an hour away from my baby when he was just 8 days old and breastfeeding, with my dead-weight useless leg that was now swollen with a clot. Not the best postpartum experience, but I know plenty of people have had much much worse. My son is now a healthy 4 year old, and my leg started to “wake up” again after about a month, when I found to my extreme joy that I could wiggle my big toe. It was fully back another month after that. The doctors theorized that my nerve got stunned during the pushing. Was put on Coumadin 24/7 henceforth for the super-clotty blood.

For baby #2 (girl), I went to a much better hospital for prenatal care. The difference was night and day. They had me on a therapeutic dose of Lovenox (about 4x higher) throughout the pregnancy. Switched to heparin a month before due date, and induced at 37.5 weeks. Birth experience was amaaazing and baby #2 is also healthy, thank God.

I’m glad Erin is delivering at real hospitals; I hope hers is a good one and is well equipped to know what to do if god forbid shit ever hit the fan. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

Oh man! That sounds like an intense and awful first birth!

I have heteroFVL and am always on a prophylactic dose in pregnancy, but I’ve never clotted. Induction though!

If I remember correctly she doesn’t have FVL as I was keenly interested when the news first came out. I had always wondered what a quiverfull woman would do with clotting issues.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic