IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

Can anyone tell me here what Tennessee's state/governor Covid 19 guidance is for pregnant women? E.g. whether they should minimise bringing outside visitors into their home etc? I've looked online and haven't found much. I'm just curious as to what guidance Erin's friend Kelsey did follow or should have followed.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Can anyone tell me here what Tennessee's state/governor Covid 19 guidance is for pregnant women? E.g. whether they should minimise bringing outside visitors into their home etc? I've looked online and haven't found much. I'm just curious as to what guidance Erin's friend Kelsey did follow or should have followed.

I'm not sure about their guidance for pregnant women, but I'm pretty sure they've lifted their Covid restrictions!

• Upvote 1

While I disagree with some of the history “facts” (like Columbus discovering America), this is the SOTDRT we’re talking about. It’s not Callie’s fault, it’s Kelly’s. You can still tell that she is a very bright child and her siblings don’t seem to baby her the same way Josie is babied. (She is my favorite Bates. I hope she breaks free one day and can get a real college education.)

Also, I was thinking about her vs Josie. Callie is not the youngest, but Josie is. I think that could be one of factors in maturity differences—Josie was very babied. Also, Michelle talks in a baby-like, soft-spoken voice. Kelly doesn’t (that I’m aware of). I don’t watch Counting On or Bringing Up Bates, so this speculation is primarily based on tv show clips and instagrams. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

You can still tell that she is a very bright child and her siblings don’t seem to baby her the same way Josie is babied. (She is my favorite Bates. I hope she breaks free one day and can get a real college education.)

Also, I was thinking about her vs Josie. Callie is not the youngest, but Josie is. I think that could be one of factors in maturity differences—Josie was very babied. Also, Michelle talks in a baby-like, soft-spoken voice

Extremely premature babies spend several years under medical control. Usually they are ill more often than others and sometimes show some delays (that can be overcame, but parents suffer anyway). So it's normal to overprotect a child like Josie. This said, if someone did it, it was Jana, because in no way Michelle has raised Josie. Has she spent more time with Josie than with the other children? Maybe, but it' s still a fraction of whatever normal mom does with a child.  I got the feeling that moat Duggars, including Josie but many others, may have issues because the little time they have received attention. The howlers were blanket trained and forgotten and the young girls all look sad to me. I don't see Josie the lucky one.

Regarding the baby voice, it does not make a child baby-ish. And if I recall correctly, it has been stated that Michelle speaks far normally when there are no cameras around.

I hope Callie, who had a strong bond with Michaela, follows her sister steps and get a degree. It's sad because Katie was supposed to be very bright, too, and now is a vain and immature and has no prospects out of marriage.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Extremely premature babies spend several years under medical control. Usually they are ill more often than others and sometimes show some delays (that can be overcame, but parents suffer anyway). So it's normal to overprotect a child like Josie. This said, if someone did it, it was Jana, because in no way Michelle has raised Josie. Has she spent more time with Josie than with the other children? Maybe, but it' s still a fraction of whatever normal mom does with a child.  I got the feeling that moat Duggars, including Josie but many others, may have issues because the little time they have received attention. The howlers were blanket trained and forgotten and the young girls all look sad to me. I don't see Josie the lucky one.

Regarding the baby voice, it does not make a child baby-ish. And if I recall correctly, it has been stated that Michelle speaks far normally when there are no cameras around.

I hope Callie, who had a strong bond with Michaela, follows her sister steps and get a degree. It's sad because Katie was supposed to be very bright, too, and now is a vain and immature and has no prospects out of marriage.

Josie had seizures as a child (at least one was televised). 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

@Melissa1977 and @Bluebirdbluebell thanks for reminding me of those very important factors. I wrote my last post in a rush and left out some crucial information, which I really should have taken into consideration in the first place. (I also truly forgot about Josie’s seizures.) Regardless of the differences and similarities between Callie and Josie, I do hope they will be able to grow up to become their true selves and achieve their own life goals. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

While I disagree with some of the history “facts” (like Columbus discovering America), this is the SOTDRT we’re talking about. It’s not Callie’s fault, it’s Kelly’s. You can still tell that she is a very bright child and her siblings don’t seem to baby her the same way Josie is babied. (She is my favorite Bates. I hope she breaks free one day and can get a real college education.)

Columbus discovering America is taught in public schools. I learned it in public schools and my young niblings also learned it in the last few years.

When I first learned that Columbus discovered discovered America, I was confused about how he "discovered" it but there were already people there.

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

Erin posted something about "dark times" and "trial and hardship" on her insta today (I don't know if its public, so I wont share) with a picture of her and Chad in a shaddow. Lots of people wondering in the comments if everything is okay. 

• Upvote 5

It sounds as if she may have had a miscarriage or that they have received bad news regarding health. This is just supposition. We will only know the reason for the post if they choose to tell us. They don’t “owe us” any explanation or information about their lives. I am always amazed at how much they choose to share. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

They have been extremely absent from SM, my assumption was that they caught COVID from CarVan (do we even know it was them who spread it? They meet up so much with each other it could have been anyone and they were just hit first a bit harder or just more open about it). With making this post, I guess they or the show will let us know at one point. Otherwise - why invite tons of question from strangers if you don’t want to make it a topic?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Just their way to get followers to pray for them without telling too much. If it was a miscarriage they would have said, because they have always been open about Erin's clotting issues and previous losses. Just my opinion. Hope things are better now, whatever it was.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Just their way to get followers to pray for them without telling too much. If it was a miscarriage they would have said, because they have always been open about Erin's clotting issues and previous losses. Just my opinion. Hope things are better now, whatever it was.

Maybe they are waiting to announce that they had a miscarriage. Maybe it's something mundane and nothing to do with that.

• Upvote 2

My first instinct was to post the joke “Maybe they have bedbugs.” (Referencing the Maxwells for anyone here that doesn’t follow them) But having read the post now it seems like a very serious situation and I’ll feel bad for joking if it turns out to actually be bad news.

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, donnal said:

My first instinct was to post the joke “Maybe they have bedbugs.” (Referencing the Maxwells for anyone here that doesn’t follow them) But having read the post now it seems like a very serious situation and I’ll feel bad for joking if it turns out to actually be bad news.

Julia Reed’s last column was in this month’s Garden & Gun, and it was “OMG bedbugs are the absolute worst,” and I was like, “Well, you’re dead now, so I’m guessing it wasn’t the worst thing going on in your life.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

I think it's unfair to post about very bad news but give no information about it. It's attention seeker. If you are not ready to talk about something sad, it's fine, but saying you are down makes people deeply worry and imagining tragic situations.

Erin does not owe her fans any information. Keeping her life private would be the best for her family. But if she decides to share, then share.

I think what happened is that doctors seriously adviced her not to have more babies or she became infertile for some reason. It can be a huge financial problem, too.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, donnal said:

Considering she said bad new nothing else I think joke is very funny and I don't think you should feel guilty if turns out worse. It could be something little. 

• Upvote 1

I just came here to see if FJ knew what the dramatic post was about. Whatever it is, (guessing miscarriage) I do feel bad for them but I have no patience for posts on social media like this. They are self-serving, attention seeking, written and posted simply to drive reaction from people. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

I just came here to see if FJ knew what the dramatic post was about. Whatever it is, (guessing miscarriage) I do feel bad for them but I have no patience for posts on social media like this. They are self-serving, attention seeking, written and posted simply to drive reaction from people. 

AGREED! I tend to dislike those kind of posts. And believe me, I know tons of non-fundies who do similar posts on Facebook or Insta. I tend to think that if you don't want to tell people about it, then just don't post. Your social media is your choice. You can share (or not share) whatever you want on it.

I know personnally, when I went through my dad's illness, it took me a really long time to talk about it on my social media. According to the things I posted, I guess people wouldn not have guessed what was happening. Believe me, it was not because I wanted to shove the hard and negative stuff under the rug and make it disappear. Everything was still raw and hard to process. It felt too personal for me to share yet. It has been three years now since my dad's stroke episode and I have actually talked about it on my social media recently and it felt okay and not too scary. I guess time helped me process it.

This is pure speculation but: having been filmed and on TV for a few years now, how badly do these couples need that sort of attention though? And I don't want to sound judgey. I genuinely wonder if after so much time having fans write to you, send you free stuff, etc. they need that sort of attention to actually feel better.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

AGREED! I tend to dislike those kind of posts. And believe me, I know tons of non-fundies who do similar posts on Facebook or Insta. I tend to think that if you don't want to tell people about it, then just don't post. Your social media is your choice. You can share (or not share) whatever you want on it.

I know personnally, when I went through my dad's illness, it took me a really long time to talk about it on my social media. According to the things I posted, I guess people wouldn not have guessed what was happening. Believe me, it was not because I wanted to shove the hard and negative stuff under the rug and make it disappear. Everything was still raw and hard to process. It felt too personal for me to share yet. It has been three years now since my dad's stroke episode and I have actually talked about it on my social media recently and it felt okay and not too scary. I guess time helped me process it.

This is pure speculation but: having been filmed and on TV for a few years now, how badly do these couples need that sort of attention though? And I don't want to sound judgey. I genuinely wonder if after so much time having fans write to you, send you free stuff, etc. they need that sort of attention to actually feel better.

Oh it's definitely not limited to fundie social media. I know plenty of people who write these kinds of posts. Just say whatever is wrong. When people post like this it seems like they are more interested in driving up on-going attention than in really whatever the problem is. Are you sad about your miscarriage (or whatever it is) or are you more interested in people chasing you around and fawning on you? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

On Facebook, its called Vaguebooking. Is there an equivilent for IG? 

I'd call it vaguegraming 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder where the kids were while she was recovering? She also mentions multiple doctors, makes me wonder if she ended up hospitalized from it? 

• Upvote 15

would Erin's clotting disorder exacerbate her covid? I thought covid was causing bad blood clots etc. It's so much worse the Bates not taking covid seriously if they already have multiple daughters at higher risk.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic