Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Has the newest hit a year yet?!

No I think she was a part of the November/December baby boom last year

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, fundiebabez said:

If I’m remembering correctly, Holland is about 10 months old. 

Yes, she was born in the November babypocalypse.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

18 hours ago, fundiebabez said:

If I’m remembering correctly, Holland is about 10 months old. 

I completely forgot there was a Holland. Was so confused for a second as to who this ten month old was. 

It's a little early for her to be pregnant isn't it? I'm always hoping for bigger spacings, and if this is a prelude to an announcement this would be one of her shorter gaps.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

It smells announcement. However, they go to the beach every other year and pose for family pictures, even if the womb is empty.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Babysitter said:

I completely forgot there was a Holland. Was so confused for a second as to who this ten month old was. 

It's a little early for her to be pregnant isn't it? I'm always hoping for bigger spacings, and if this is a prelude to an announcement this would be one of her shorter gaps.

It would be shorter than the gaps between Brooklyn > Everly and Everly > Holland, but the gap between Carson > Brooklyn was only ~15 months. A 15 month gap between Holland > #5 would give a birthdate in late February. Erin tends to give birth early, so even with a due date in late March, she could already be around the end of her first trimester. So shorter than her average, but not unheard of for Erin. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Erin and Chad went on a "secluded camping trip" in early July. I think she'll announce #5 in some Fall Festive way late Sept/early Oct and give birth in March (due April). 

• Upvote 11

On 8/22/2020 at 4:13 AM, AmericanRose said:

Per Duggar Data, Chad and Erin aren't due to announce #5 until late December. Crossing my fingers they don't pull a KenJo.

I was going to say "Holland's only 8 months old" buuut that doesn't really matter.

I remember Michelle's quote about having too many children is like saying you have too many flowers, or whatever... but how can you enjoy the flowers you have when you're constantly out looking for more to jam into the vase?

Or when you have debilitating hay fever?!

On 9/18/2020 at 1:53 AM, Italiangirl said:

Erin is back on insta after a long hiatus with a posed family shoot. Why do I feel like this is is a pregnancy announcements shoot?

Very similar to their last photo shoot at the beach:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.knoxnews.com/amp/1243266001

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I think #5 is onboard. Up just posted a video about Chad being a great dad.

Don't doubt that they are adding another log to the firewood pile, but the clip UP posted is about Thursday's show that focuses on Fathers Day.

• Upvote 4

I have a feeling number five is on its way as well.... I mean realistically statistically I have to get it right eventually. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

Did anyone read Erin's best friend Kelsey Jones suffered a miscarriage (Kelsey threw Erin a baby shower on Bringing Up Bates)? She caught Covid and thinks it was just too much for her body and caused the miscarriage:

She previously has made some posts about Covid (No insinuation of blame here its just a really tragic situation)

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Did anyone read Erin's best friend Kelsey Jones suffered a miscarriage (Kelsey threw Erin a baby shower on Bringing Up Bates)? She caught Covid and thinks it was just too much for her body and caused the miscarriage:

I didn't know her but I'm sorry for the miscarriage.

This said, I don't get the fundie logic: God exist, God gives them babies, Covid does not exist, Covid causes miscarriages, miscarriages are God's will as well. It must be difficult thinking that way. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I wonder if she was a Carlin and Evan type who were really careless and caught it. If so, I can’t even begin to imagine the anguish of losing a baby because of your own carelessness. I don’t have any snark for that because it’s extremely distressing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 9/24/2020 at 1:17 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I didn't know her but I'm sorry for the miscarriage.

This said, I don't get the fundie logic: God exist, God gives them babies, Covid does not exist, Covid causes miscarriages, miscarriages are God's will as well. It must be difficult thinking that way. 

Well this woman Kelsey clearly thinks COVID exists if she's had COVID. 

I think it's quite possible COVID is responsible. COVID is supposedly more of a risk for pregnant women. 

I wonder if she caught COVID from her friends the Bates. Carlin and Evan are the only ones who've admitted to having COVID, but they ended the last Bringing Up Bates saying other family members had gotten sick. (I think they're all supposed to be recovered.)

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Well this woman Kelsey clearly thinks COVID exists if she's had COVID. 

I think it's quite possible COVID is responsible. COVID is supposedly more of a risk for pregnant women. 

I wonder if she caught COVID from her friends the Bates. Carlin and Evan are the only ones who've admitted to having COVID, but they ended the last Bringing Up Bates saying other family members had gotten sick. (I think they're all supposed to be recovered.)

Kelsey and her children spend a lot of time with her mother and younger sister, her younger sister Kassie recently had covid, which alongside her having brittle diabetes, landed her in hospital for a bit, but she was fine after, so Kelsey could have caught it from her, but who knows. I know they attend a church that doesn't seem to be practising social distancing, so it could of been from there.

Also yes she clearly believes Covid exists, but the 2nd Instagram post I posted suggests though that she thinks the restrictions restricted her liberty and wasn't in favour of them.

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 7

So forgive me for this, I am in now way trying to be inappropriate. I have 3 kids. But the youngest is 11 and maybe i just don't remember.  But, should Carson be speaking more clearly by 5?  Or is there a range and I'm just misremebering what 5 is like.  In the USA, 5 is Kindergardergarten although a lot of people wait til 6.  He's super cute but he seemed very immature to me in his language.  

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So forgive me for this, I am in now way trying to be inappropriate. I have 3 kids. But the youngest is 11 and maybe i just don't remember.  But, should Carson be speaking more clearly by 5?  Or is there a range and I'm just misremebering what 5 is like.  In the USA, 5 is Kindergardergarten although a lot of people wait til 6.  He's super cute but he seemed very immature to me in his language.  

I think that’s often very hard to judge from the outside and just some snippets. Development ranges are pretty wide in that age group (+\- 2 years is not unusual in itself) and it depends on the big picture if something really is to be actively taken care off.

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

Bradley seems much more advanced. They're approximately the same age.

I think Bradley is 6-8 months older than Carson. If Carson has any sort of speech issues, which is hard to diagnose from the 3.7 seconds we hear him talk on the show, I would guess it has something to do with the baby voice Erin always seems to use. She reminds me of Michelle talking to her children like they're still tiny babies. I don't see Whitney doing that with her kids.

I've always noticed the difference in how articulate Callie Bates is compared to Josie Duggar. They're less than 6 months apart in age, but Callie has always had a much more mature vocabulary and less of a baby voice. Josie (and Jordyn until recently) had limited vocabulary and verbal skills compared to Callie. Just from what I can observe from watching CO and BuB!

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

I think Bradley is 6-8 months older than Carson. If Carson has any sort of speech issues, which is hard to diagnose from the 3.7 seconds we hear him talk on the show, I would guess it has something to do with the baby voice Erin always seems to use. She reminds me of Michelle talking to her children like they're still tiny babies. I don't see Whitney doing that with her kids.

I've always noticed the difference in how articulate Callie Bates is compared to Josie Duggar. They're less than 6 months apart in age, but Callie has always had a much more mature vocabulary and less of a baby voice. Josie (and Jordyn until recently) had limited vocabulary and verbal skills compared to Callie. Just from what I can observe from watching CO and BuB!

Brad is about 6mo older than Carson, and that can make a huge difference at that age! For speech I was always taught that a non-family adult should understand~ 1/2 of a 2-year-old's talking, 3/4 of a 3-year-old's, and almost all of a 4-year old. That being said, kids' voices and pronunciation and sentence fluency still evolves as they start school and start communicating with their own peers. Carson's probably only ever talked to his cousins and his parents. 

I think Callie Bates is extremely smart and well-spoken for her age, and picked up the words and patterns of her siblings talking.  Where as Josie Duggar at the same age has always been babied (also her premature development could be contributing to overall being slower with language, who knows). I have noticed that in this CO season that's brought back all the little Duggars, Josie is finally starting to express herself more like a "big kid" during TH questions. Of the other lost girls, Jordyn and Josie just seem shy-er more than limited-vocab and baby-voice. 

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I have noticed that in this CO season that's brought back all the little Duggars, Josie is finally starting to express herself more like a "big kid" during TH questions

I've noticed that too this season. She's how old now? 9?

• Upvote 2

I saw the clip of Callie giving her "praise" to Gil on Father's Day (?) and I actually went to look up the age difference between her and Josie because Callie seemed so much more grown up but I thought they were close in age. But I've always thought Callie seemed better spoken than even some of her older siblings. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

I saw the clip of Callie giving her "praise" to Gil on Father's Day (?) and I actually went to look up the age difference between her and Josie because Callie seemed so much more grown up but I thought they were close in age. But I've always thought Callie seemed better spoken than even some of her older siblings. 

Callie seems really really smart. There's a video I think Lawson posted when she was 5 or 6? talking about history and she's just so articulate for her age at the time. It's very sad that she was born in that cult.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic