IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Anyone watching Carlin’s insta stories?

Why is Erin playing these ‘games’ with the baby carrier hanging down like that? It looks completely stupid and like she is going to trip at any minute.

I'm assuming because Alyssa posted she's coming to Tennessee, that the stupid games are for 'I Love You' Day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Why is Erin playing these ‘games’ with the baby carrier hanging down like that? It looks completely stupid and like she is going to trip at any minute.

At least she took the baby out first. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

If she wasn't wearing the carrier, we might forget she has babies. It's kind of like John David Duggar and the pilot stuff. 

• Haha 12

I don't know why she didn't just take it off. I have one like that and when the baby comes out I can't wait to get that thing off. I'm unstrapping as I'm pulling out the baby.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 2/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

If she wasn't wearing the carrier, we might forget she has babies. It's kind of like John David Duggar and the pilot stuff. 

Wait- JD is a pilot?? How did you find out?

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 20

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Wait- JD is a pilot?? How did you find out?

I just kind of assumed. It's not like he and everyone else in the Duggar family talk about it or anything. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 7

• 2 months later...

Erin posted a picture of Brooklyn and Holland, but didn't even mention Brooklyn. Sad. 

Edited by KeepUnsweet
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, KeepUnsweet said:

Erin posted a picture of Brooklyn and Holland, but didn't even mention Brooklyn. Sad. 

#freebrooklyn

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Holland ain’t buying it..... 

Spoiler

96090EF6-B954-4A79-85BC-FF8D046D5FE8.thumb.png.438ffa990671df25e44448e4b7bd6f79.png

Spoiler

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e64346D8B4-8699-483C-BB9B-C73CFA5A2A96.thumb.png.e897d60303d982f39ac668b27b1fcf2b.png

Trying to edit out how crap I am at doing hidden pics

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2020 at 11:00 AM, KeepUnsweet said:

Brooklyn is not a physical beauty or a cutie like the other two girls. A girl has one value in their culture. I am sure Erin doesn't know what to do. (and I am not saying that to be mean. Brooklyn is regular/average. There is nothing wrong with her looks. But Erin comes off as putting a huge emphasis and human value on looks. The big blond hair, the make up, etc. And Brooklyn is average.)

• Downvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • WTF 7

5 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

Brooklyn is not a physical beauty or a cutie like the other two girls. A girl has one value in their culture. I am sure Erin doesn't know what to do. (and I am not saying that to be mean. Brooklyn is regular/average. There is nothing wrong with her looks. But Erin comes off as putting a huge emphasis and human value on looks. The big blond hair, the make up, etc. And Brooklyn is average.)

Sorry for the downvote, but I think there are rules about judging a little kid physical appearance. Anyway, I don't see she's in a different "beauty-level" than her siblings. 

I think the problem is that she's the spunky one, she's not obedient and she seems to be less sweet than Carson. Erin is not going to accept an unsubmissive child. All.fundies are like that but she especially: she seems to have been treated as the princess of the house all her life, Chad does whatever she wants, so she expects her children to do the same. And Brook is not playing that role.

Carson was labeled as "mom best friend", Brook has been labeled as "the bad", and we don't know anything about the younger 2, but I bet they will never be as important as Carson. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Sorry for the downvote, but I think there are rules about judging a little kid physical appearance. Anyway, I don't see she's in a different "beauty-level" than her siblings. 

I think the problem is that she's the spunky one, she's not obedient and she seems to be less sweet than Carson. Erin is not going to accept an unsubmissive child. All.fundies are like that but she especially: she seems to have been treated as the princess of the house all her life, Chad does whatever she wants, so she expects her children to do the same. And Brook is not playing that role.

Carson was labeled as "mom best friend", Brook has been labeled as "the bad", and we don't know anything about the younger 2, but I bet they will never be as important as Carson. 

Why does this sound suspiciously like a narcissist? As described, we have the Golden Child, the Scapegoat, and the Invisible Children. Plus Chad, who sucks Erin's toes.

• Upvote 6

Several times this season some of the other grand-Bates have said Brooklyn ("Brookie") is bad/naughty. They're not coming up with that on their own. Brooklyn is obviously seen as a problem child and is presented as such to her siblings/cousins, which is unacceptable imo.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 4

Oh no, they make open statements that Carson is the favorite? That is not good at all. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

You don't need to apologize for a down vote. We don't all have to agree on our speculations. I'm sorry if I missed the rules prohibiting talking about the looks of children. But I stand by my opinion. I think if Brooklyn were more cute or beautiful like a Jinger Duggar, her perceived naughtiness would be overlooked or chalked up to "spunkiness" (which has a more positive connotation). In this cult, specifically for girls and women, physical beauty is a top, if not #1, value. I am surprised people would deny that. And it starts at birth for girls in the way they dress and present them to the public. JMHO. That is all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

I don't even think you can gauge beauty at such a young age. All those grands are cute. It's an attractive family. I think it's her perceptions of behavior, as other posters mention. She's breaking down under the strains of living "perfect" and those unfortunate, weighted comments are leaking out.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Oh no, they make open statements that Carson is the favorite? That is not good at all. 

Erin posted about Carson being her best friend! He was maybe 3 years old then. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I went and checked out pics of her family and I think all the kids are pretty average cute. Brooklyn doesn’t stand out to me one way or the other. I definitely agree thought that she’s been labeled as a problem and everyone seems to know it. That’s just sad no matter the family. No child should have to wear that label. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I also went and checked out the pics of the family, and all the kids are cute. I did notice that Brooklyn doesn't tend to "smile pretty" for the camera - I think I saw 1 or 2 pics of her looking happy, and otherwise she looked... very much over it, if not downright miserable. I imagine that doesn't fit in Erin's Pinterest-perfect world.

• Upvote 13

8 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Several times this season some of the other grand-Bates have said Brooklyn ("Brookie") is bad/naughty. They're not coming up with that on their own. Brooklyn is obviously seen as a problem child and is presented as such to her siblings/cousins, which is unacceptable imo.

#freebrookie 

said again different version. Poor little love. I’ll have her. I have my own cheeky vivacious pushes boundaries monkey. I love her for it. Brookie will fit right in. Bonus for me, if she wants to stay “girly” (clothes headbands etc) I would love that, if she doesn’t, well, she will just extra fit right in.” 
Edit to add

she will receive indoctrination in my home.... the ways of the force

how to live long and prosper 

how to turn remember to turn on a light 

how to wish upon a Star 

how to assemble 

how to believe. 
the indoctrination is high in my house lol 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I think it’s interesting that there’s speculation that Brooklyn is her least favorites— I honestly would have guessed Everly since there’s so few pictures of her on Instagram. 

• Upvote 1

I think it was on an episode back when they only had two kids, Erin was traveling and talked about how Carson had to come along because he's her best friend, but baby Brooklyn could stay home?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I remember that.  It was Tori's bachelorette party on the beach.  It was supposed to be ladies only.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I think it was on an episode back when they only had two kids, Erin was traveling and talked about how Carson had to come along because he's her best friend, but baby Brooklyn could stay home?

6 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I remember that.  It was Tori's bachelorette party on the beach.  It was supposed to be ladies only.

I didn't notice at all until it was suggested or people were wondering here. After that I started noticing that there were a lot more pictures of Carson then Brooklyn, and she seemed to take him along where ever she went. She took him to the bachelorette party. She also took him to Chicago with her when she, Tori, and Kelly went to visit Michael.  I feel like I'm forgetting a couple others. 

• Upvote 4

I was one of the first people to notice it, it drove me nuts because it was so obvious.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic