IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

On 9/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, becky_m2001 said:

I think Bradley is 6-8 months older than Carson. If Carson has any sort of speech issues, which is hard to diagnose from the 3.7 seconds we hear him talk on the show, I would guess it has something to do with the baby voice Erin always seems to use. She reminds me of Michelle talking to her children like they're still tiny babies. I don't see Whitney doing that with her kids.

I've always noticed the difference in how articulate Callie Bates is compared to Josie Duggar. They're less than 6 months apart in age, but Callie has always had a much more mature vocabulary and less of a baby voice. Josie (and Jordyn until recently) had limited vocabulary and verbal skills compared to Callie. Just from what I can observe from watching CO and BuB!

I hate adding fuel to the fire but I also remember just how beautifully Callie played the piano. I couldn't believe that she was so good at it. While Josie still had problems painting. Yes I know 30 second clips. But the baby voice Michelle uses doesn't help development at all.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I hate adding fuel to the fire but I also remember just how beautifully Callie played the piano. I couldn't believe that she was so good at it. While Josie still had problems painting. Yes I know 30 second clips. But the baby voice Michelle uses doesn't help development at all.

I've noticed that Ben uses a baby voice with the kids in Jessa's YouTube videos. It's not quite as bad as Michelle's, but he definitely talks down to them. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1

Screenshot_20201105-224136.thumb.png.fac427e919be5da11ea68e59f7e768dd.png

Erin looks like she lost a lot of weight when she had Covid (which makes sense when you're sick for two months straight...) I doubt she's pregnant.

I think all of the Bates's got it. I think Katie and Whitney may have been hit hard too, based on their absences from social media.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

think all of the Bates's got it. I think Katie and Whitney may have been hit hard too, based on their absences from social media

Whitney and Katie are not very active in IG. They may have had covid, but they don't post often anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Whitney and Katie are not very active in IG. They may have had covid, but they don't post often anyway. 

They may not post very often to their feeds, but they definitely posted to their Instagram stories a lot more.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It is possible she was pregnant and miscarried when she had COVID, her friend Kelsey (who threw Carson’s baby shower) had a covid related miscarriage a few months ago 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

It is possible she was pregnant and miscarried when she had COVID, her friend Kelsey (who threw Carson’s baby shower) had a covid related miscarriage a few months ago 

Fundies usually announce miscarriages and Erin has always been very open when it happened to her. So I doubt she miscarried recently, but who knows.

Holland will be 1 year old in December I think. So if Erin is not pregnant, she'll be soon. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Carlin had Covid--she's the one who YouTubed about it--and she has the PEI as well but seems to have been lucky that it was pretty mild for her. She was sleeping in cars according to her YouTube video.  Erin got sicker.  Otherwise, I don't know that they've admitted anyone having it except Carlin, Evan (asymptomatic), and his family. 

I noticed Erin looked very thin toot as idd all of you.  Hoping she is taking time to recover since she was sick for such a long time.  I don't think Katie had it. She ran back and forth to New Jersey.  

• Upvote 4

In Carlin and Evan's new Youtube video they say they hate their farmhouse ascetic. Knowing that Erin designed it I think it is hilarious. 

I think it's ridiculous that Erin considered herself an interior designer and the whole family thinks she is the best at decorating when the only thing she knows how to do is a crappy farmhouse style design.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, clueliss said:

She and Jana/Jessa are merely Joanna Gaines knockoffs.  (And I find shiplap annoying)

Jana's better at it

She also doesn't brag or make you overly aware that she like to design like Erin does. Their always talking about how Erin knows how to decorate.

Edited by raayx01
  • Upvote 4

And I watched the video.  I may have gotten a laugh at the fact that Carlin had talked to Jana and Jessa for ideas.  Not one note Erin.  

also, someone tell these two about Sharps containers.  She kept all the needles because she knows she needs to dispose of the, properly.  And it sounded like there may have been more elsewhere.  She said something about “dropping them off”

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

And I watched the video.  I may have gotten a laugh at the fact that Carlin had talked to Jana and Jessa for ideas.  Not one note Erin.  

also, someone tell these two about Sharps containers.  She kept all the needles because she knows she needs to dispose of the, properly.  And it sounded like there may have been more elsewhere.  She said something about “dropping them off”

But Layla's almost a year old and she only had to take them while pregnant. She's had plenty of time to drop them off

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

I have to admit, I enjoyed the snark thrown, although it was also a window into their lives. Evan, we don’t read. Who buys books at goodwill for presentation purposes? I even have family that don’t read, but they would never think of cluttering their house with stuff they don’t need or want. So weird!

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 10:44 PM, indianabones said:

I think all of the Bates's got it. I think Katie and Whitney may have been hit hard too, based on their absences from social media.

Called it (for Whitney, at least.)

I think we're going to see strategically released information about the other Bates family members' experiences fighting Covid, in a way that's designed to make them look sympathetic to the public rather than plague rats.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Called it (for Whitney, at least.)

I think we're going to see strategically released information about the other Bates family members' experiences fighting Covid, in a way that's designed to make them look sympathetic to the public rather than plague rats.

It sounded in the article like Zach was exposed at work, and Whitney got it from him, which I can believe based on timing. Carlin posted that she was at the tail end of recovery on August 16, meaning she likely got it some time in early August. Erin also tested positive in August. But Whitney said she had it after finding out she was pregnant. If she is due in June, she got pregnant in September and likely didn't know she was pregnant until at least the beginning of October. While it could have been spreading through the family for 2 months, Zach's public-facing job seems as likely of a source.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 11/6/2020 at 1:47 AM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I'm hearing about many COVID related miscarriages, this might be a good way to get fundy maskholes to wear masks and take it serious. "You're prolife right? well don't kill the babies by not wearing a mask, meeting in large groups and pretending this is all a bunch of bunk." If they really care about the baybays they will stop being assholes right?  

• Upvote 11

New post on the Bates Family Blog has a recent family photo of the Paines and... Is Erin wearing PANTS!? 
143F7D97-B63C-480F-A0D1-25BD3511F02C.jpeg.ec254804254813fe2e5b90550c98a210.jpeg

Or is it just an above the knee black shirt with black leggings?

• Upvote 4

I looked at the extra pictures in her Instagram story, and she’s wearing a black knee-length skirt with black leggings. In the picture below, she and Katie look so much alike!

Spoiler

06C6BFE4-F651-4EF1-A5DF-DD5C8DC26ED8.thumb.png.96d9d5548d8d8f6b3640ddd488330926.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

New post on the Bates Family Blog has a recent family photo of the Paines and... Is Erin wearing PANTS!? 

Tight black shirt and leggings I guess.

I noticed how she is matchy matchy with her best friend (as she called Carson years ago). The 2 littles look less than thrilled.

• Upvote 2

I can't decide who Everly and Holland look like.  To me, Carson looks like Erin and Brooklyn looks like Chad.  She posted that picture in order to give a talk about being a servant and how their family wants to serve others.  I think she came up with the lecture as a means of showing the photos. Instead of, you know, just showing the photos. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Tight black shirt and leggings I guess.

I noticed how she is matchy matchy with her best friend (as she called Carson years ago). The 2 littles look less than thrilled.

If you zoom in on the knees area you can see it is a skirt,  I thought it was pants at first until i did this, its tights and a skirt. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

If you zoom in on the knees area you can see it is a skirt,  I thought it was pants at first until i did this, its tights and a skirt. 

Did I wrote shirt instead of skirt? I did! Sorry fpr the confusion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic