IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

15 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I think being on television is only one aspect that brings a fundie family to FreeJinger's attention. Remember, we found JRod and others through social media. I think we would be happy to discuss any fundies who have a strong social media presence.

Exactly. We talk about the people who put their lives on display. If they are super private, we have nothing to talk about. And actually there are fundies that have social media but are just too damn boring to talk about much on FJ. Jill Rod has the most threads because she’s constantly doing ridiculous shit. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

Hi, black person in what most would consider a fundie family here. 
Yes, there are a lot of black churches that skew conservative. However there are notable differences between white and black conservatism and the nuances of the black church are really not fit for consumption/debate by a white audience, especially in the US. 

• Upvote 21
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly. We talk about the people who put their lives on display. If they are super private, we have nothing to talk about. And actually there are fundies that have social media but are just too damn boring to talk about much on FJ. Jill Rod has the most threads because she’s constantly doing ridiculous shit. 

I will not fall down the Rod rabbit hole. I will not fall down that hole. I WILL NOT fall down that hole- ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I will not fall down the Rod rabbit hole. I will not fall down that hole. I WILL NOT fall down that hole- ?

Wait. Have you never even read a Rod thread?! I thought it was required reading ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18

28 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

Hi, black person in what most would consider a fundie family here. 
Yes, there are a lot of black churches that skew conservative. However there are notable differences between white and black conservatism and the nuances of the black church are really not fit for consumption/debate by a white audience, especially in the US. 

Interesting. Why?

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Join us! You know you want to! There are over 200 threads now, so you might want to start with the one pinned to the top that has “damnations” in the title, where we debated what the worst things she’s ever done were.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2

29 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Interesting. Why?

For me personally, I don’t really debate or critique black culture because as a white person, I know very little on the topic. I only know what black people have told me. That’s it. I feel I know much more about white fundies because I have grown up around some and I am white myself. If black people want to talk about this topic I’ll listen. But I won’t speak on something I know very little about. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wait. Have you never even read a Rod thread?! I thought it was required reading ?

Only when the shite really hits the fan, but I’m so far out of the loop I’d really have to start at the 100 level and no one has time for that!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

Just now, SassyPants said:

Only when the shite really hits the fan, but I’m so far out if the loop I’d really have to start at the 100 level and no one has time for that!

Nurie’s pregnant. That’s the latest news.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nurie’s pregnant. That’s the latest news.

And Justin Duggar’s  MIL is a dead ringer for an older Nurie! ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

And Justin Duggar’s  MIL is a dead ringer for an older Nurie! ?

Lol, I thought that too. It’s creepy how completely unrelated fundies seem to look alike. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Perhaps  some would rather not deal with or face this issue. Perhaps it's more about looking at pictures of pretty Bates kids and grandkids, and speculating on baby names. But there is a broader issue for those willing to address it. When we assume it's only white families in fundamentalism (a statement someone just posted!!), we are ignoring the BIPOC children being damaged these extreme religious organizations.

Man when I see that the most prominent fundie family I think of is Karissa Colins' kids - black father,  batshit crazy white mother who literally white washes their mixed kids (while neglecting them to an obscene level requiring medical attention). 

However of prominent families of FJ and Reddit most are indeed white because let us not forget that white supremacy and fundamental Christianity go together like pb&j.

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I think being on television is only one aspect that brings a fundie family to FreeJinger's attention. Remember, we found JRod and others through social media. I think we would be happy to discuss any fundies who have a strong social media presence.

Actually I thought the Rods were found via their appearances on the Duggar shows and then social media. The Duggars got a television show and introduced us to a lot of their friends including the Bates and Maxwells. 

Also TLC had a show where they feature various fundie families for one episode. The Jeubs are probably the most famous on that show. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Honestly it's overrated. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On the adoption topic:  if someone like Brandon for instance is very anti-adoption because of the Gothard stand. How would he react to Tiffany joining the family?

I guess Gil and Kelly Jo don't mind since they approved of her for Lawson but maybe some others in their family are looking down on her. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Actually I thought the Rods were found via their appearances on the Duggar shows and then social media. The

I thought we found them because of Jill posting about one of the Bates weddings.  If I recall Jill, despite appearing to try, has not been able to get on a reality TV show. 

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I thought we found them because of Jill posting about one of the Bates weddings.  If I recall Jill, despite appearing to try, has not been able to get on a reality TV show. 

She has appeared in the background, but that was not how we discovered her. It was trough her blog i think.

• Upvote 8

Maybe I should go read the very first thread of Jill’s. That would be a wild trip. I don’t think I started reading her threads until after that. 
ETA: I went to look. How appropriate is it that the first Jill thread was made because people kept talking about her on Erin and Chad’s wedding thread. This was back in the fall of 2013. Now we are talking about her again on an Erin and Chad thread. But this is Erin and Chad 6. Jill’s threads are in the 200s now. Oh Jill. You’re a hot mess.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

On the adoption topic:  if someone like Brandon for instance is very anti-adoption because of the Gothard stand. How would he react to Tiffany joining the family?

I guess Gil and Kelly Jo don't mind since they approved of her for Lawson but maybe some others in their family are looking down on her. 

I have the feeling that Brandon is fine with no kids at all. Michaela was utterly depressed because infertility and she said she was open to adopt, but instead of that, they decided to move near her family and Michaela started her degree. It's speculation, but I wonder if he preferred having her busy with family&college, than pursuing an adoption. Not only because their cult, but also because he likes his such quiet life. 

I know Gothard was against adoption, but he's not in charge anymore. I find difficult to believe the new directors not approving adoption for a extremely righteous infertile couple.

• Upvote 16

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Gil and Kelly may approve because they have to. They have given their older boys a lot of freedom to keep them at home or in line. If they didn’t approve he may not listen to them or care. That would be bad for their image. 

• Upvote 8

22 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Interesting. Why?

I’m not sure I can explain clearly here- the black church is both a product of and response to white American Christianity. On paper there is a lot of overlap but in practice it doesn’t necessarily manifest the same way. Black liberation theology is basically heretical to many white Christians. Black baptist denominations approach worship VERY differently than SBC or IFB churches. There are cultural elements that don’t translate to the mainstream. It’s just complicated. 

There’s also the “other” factor here. A white led discussion of black spirituality is like someone reading a Red Cross handbook and declaring themselves a doctor. There’s so much more than you can understand from outside.  

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

On 3/2/2021 at 12:01 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Also TLC had a show where they feature various fundie families for one episode. The Jeubs are probably the most famous on that show. 

Kids By The Dozen also introduced us to the Arndts, who remain "safe at home" in Quiverful of Snark.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

22 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Kids By The Dozen also introduced us to the Arndts, who remain "safe at home" in Quiverful of Snark.

The only fundies who are safe at home during a global pandemic...

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

The only fundies who are safe at home during a global pandemic...

And they still got covid! I think Cathy had it bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

On 2/28/2021 at 11:43 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Is Rufus Bless a negative reaction? I usually give it in relation with the issue that is being commented, not saying "bless you" to the poster.

I don't know if it makes sense. Anyway, I hope nobody feels bad for Rufus. The "move along" reaction is completely different IMO.

I use it when something is so amazing and awesome it needs a blessing.

Shiny new thread for shiny new thoughts. All redecorated just for you, just like Erin.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic