IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

I would 100% follow Lori or Flicka around blasting Beyonce's "Run The World" song just for shits and giggles.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SongRed7I also work(ed) at a hospital.  What does Lori think nurses/patient care staff wear to work?  Designer scrubs?  How about her perception that they eat at 4-star restaurants every day?  Most of them don't even get a lunch break or time to pee.  That they wear Jimmy Choo or Manolo Blahnik tennis shoes?  How about the days their scrubs and shoes are ruined because they held a child who had been injured in a horrific accident in their arms as he passes away?  It's all roses and champagne for working women according to the Queen B.  She has no sense of reality.  She disgusts me.

To be fair kangaroos are expelled from their mother's womb when they are almost still embryos, and well within the timeframe (developmentally and actual time) of first trimester legal abortion for humans.  So I guess Lori that all kangaroo mothers have abortions.  :P

54 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

We are living parallel lives.  I've worked by whole life, I take care of my family, I garden, sew, bake, cook every night (but for once or twice a month as a treat and then its inexpensive like pizza or something....but honestly I like my homemade pizza better that any of our local places ).... I pack the lunches for school and work every morning, feed the cats, do the laundry, and start each day with coffee made in my own coffee pot.  I also have a deep faith and am active at my church. 

BUT you @AuntKrazy  nor am I nor are any of the other working women here the exception. It's just what we do. We figured out how to manage our lives.  We aren't perfect, but we show up and do our best every day.   And that is also true for SAHMs. They are doing their best.   We SHOW UP no matter what path we have chosen/are called to.  Lori always says "the exception doesn't negate the rule."  Well the same is true for working moms.  I don't know any working moms (I work at the hospital, so its very female dominated) who resemble the picture Lori paints of working women as being selfish, vain, only designer clothes, eating out, not cooking, not caring for their families, etc. NOT ONE. So if she knows, one it's the exception, not the rule. 

I HATE HATE HATE how Lori paints everyone with a broad brush.  Just because she says it, doesn't make it so. 

Sadly, I know one who is pretty close to that description. Minus the designer clothes. But from what I know about her, she'd be doing the exact same thing if she were a SAHM. She's a teacher and when her one child was small, she left him in daycare full time all summer and on breaks because "after a whole school year of kids" she "didn't want to deal with one more at home". And her whole life is devoted to keeping up with the neighbors in everything so she and her husband are deep in debt to do that. She is, frankly, a lot like Lori now that I think about it--shallow, materialistic, competitive and judgmental. If she quit work, they could be two peas in a pod. 

22 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Her logic goes like this:  All cars are red because when I look out the window I see only red cars.

Correction: All cars are red because when I look out the window, I only see what I've decided are red cars.  I'm colour-blind, but trust me, those cars are red.

18 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I've heard of "in a family way", but not "in a mother way". I have never understood why pregnant was a bad word to some people.

I always thought the word pregnant was a bad word because of HOW the pregnancy came into being.  Sex = something to be ashamed of.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

"Many stores have music that troubles my soul." LOL!

snip

I think I'll listen to some Marilyn Manson in the car on the way home tonight and think of how poor Flicka's soul would be troubled.

If poor Flicka had been in my care today her soul would have been shattered. We were listening to Ghost and singing along top Year Zero.

NSFW/C..

Spoiler

12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Well the belly is round when pregnant so I am hoping for a bag of money!

My dad's joke was to say a woman was stagnant instead of pregnant. It was in fun, and nobody was offended.

57 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

We were listening to Ghost and singing along top Year Zero.

I saw them live with Avenged Sevenfold a couple years ago. Great show! 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, Momto2Princesses said:

20190123_190829.thumb.png.c016047ad1f5cb02692c36f4e1e192a2.pngLord have mercy this repugnant and repulsive shrew needs a fucking thesaurus.  Here ya go Lazy Lori some other words you can use in place of "many"

Screenshot_20190123-190247.png

I'm hear ya on this. She makes me so fucking angry I could break something. I'm finding it's been putting me in a truly nasty foul mood. I think it may be time for a FB timeout and stop looking at her shit. It's useless, she is nothing but a lazy sleezeball. As I'm watching reruns of "Little House on the Prarie" today she is no different than Harriet Olsen. 

I think Mrs. Olsen was nicer. 

I think I've just become even more evil, working single spinster because I got a salary increase recently, some of my first good news of the new year. 

Other news is that my dad is doing okay. He's not super happy but I don't really expect him to be. Losing faith in his doctor though. Last surgery he swore that the tubes draining the infections were in a good place. Yesterday Dad got another tube put in just with local anesthesia. This time a different doctor used an X-ray during the procedure and low and behold they got it in a better place and now the infection appears to really be draining. Why wasn't this done before? It's taken three surgeries to figure out using an X-ray might make things better? Why was I the one who had to ask for the infection to be sampled to see what antibiotic might be necessary/ to see what's coming from the leak? He also got a stint placed today at the top inside of the stomach to cover the hole from the inside. So hopefully this is helpful. But seriously I'm about the bang my head against the wall with this. It feels like my dad is some sort of Guinea pig on how to fix leaks from weight loss surgery. 

Still waiting on a post from Lori on how to show love to pregnant women who don't have supports so they don't feel like abortion is necessary. You can preach against it all you want but are you offering help/ solutions? 

38 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I think I've just become even more evil, working single spinster because I got a salary increase recently, some of my first good news of the new year. 

Other news is that my dad is doing okay. He's not super happy but I don't really expect him to be. Losing faith in his doctor though. Last surgery he swore that the tubes draining the infections were in a good place. Yesterday Dad got another tube put in just with local anesthesia. This time a different doctor used an X-ray during the procedure and low and behold they got it in a better place and now the infection appears to really be draining. Why wasn't this done before? It's taken three surgeries to figure out using an X-ray might make things better? Why was I the one who had to ask for the infection to be sampled to see what antibiotic might be necessary/ to see what's coming from the leak? He also got a stint placed today at the top inside of the stomach to cover the hole from the inside. So hopefully this is helpful. But seriously I'm about the bang my head against the wall with this. It feels like my dad is some sort of Guinea pig on how to fix leaks from weight loss surgery. 

Still waiting on a post from Lori on how to show love to pregnant women who don't have supports so they don't feel like abortion is necessary. You can preach against it all you want but are you offering help/ solutions? 

Ask them if they switched surgical clips recently. We never had problems with bariatric bypasses until they changed brands.

The hospital feeds and clothes us heathen healthworkers. Buffet for lunch/dinner, coffee around the clock, obviously.

(Though we doctors bring chocolate on Mondays and the nurses bring lollies on Fridays :) it's all about balance.)

I did buy a colourful scrub cap from on of the nurses ( for a whopping 10$) who uses her freetime honing her domestic skills AND sells them for charity. Bet that's more than Lori does who doesn't even work or raise kids!

I have an idea of how we can make some money. We need to capitalize on the box craze and make The Godly Wife box. 

It comes with einkhorn bread mix, $14/lb butter, lettuce, and canned salmon. It also includes duct tape to remind you to be quiet, pre-cut switches for discipline, black salve, binoculars for spying on neighbors, a copy of Lori's and the Pearls books, a barf bag, a fancy notebook and pens for practicing script. The final gift is a KJV Bible with everything but out except Titus 2:3-5. 

murder hours today! Supplies are limited.

4 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I have an idea of how we can make some money. We need to capitalize on the box craze and make The Godly Wife box. 

It comes with einkhorn bread mix, $14/lb butter, lettuce, and canned salmon. It also includes duct tape to remind you to be quiet, pre-cut switches for discipline, black salve, binoculars for spying on neighbors, a copy of Lori's and the Pearls books, a barf bag, a fancy notebook and pens for practicing script. The final gift is a KJV Bible with everything but out except Titus 2:3-5. 

All of it sold for the low, low price of $66.60!

Thank you @squiddysquid for the suggestion! I'll have to see if I can get a hold of his doctor and ask. They suspect the hole is from lack of blood flow to the upper portion of the staple line or something (attempting to translate Dr. Speech is hard). I'm assuming the lack of blood impedes healing but never got a confirmation one way or the other when I asked.  

I do have to say that the hospital has been lovely in accommodating us and letting a family member sleep there almost every night. And they provide lots of coffee and tea.

I also appreciate the ER staff when I'm on call. They often make long nights much easier with their fun banter and provision of food and candy. 

5 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm assuming the lack of blood impedes healing but never got a confirmation one way or the other when I asked.  

Yep, you're right, we put the drain in and monitor the output, a certain amount is normal and it gets less as the healing continues, if it is too much we might go back in. There is a test we do at the end of the surgery, pour blue liquid down a little tube into the stomach too see if there are any leaks, put there still can be little holes afterwards, especially with infections on top.

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Don't forget the coconut oil! ?

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori literally never gives practical advice. She just says "do this" or "don't do this." It's one of the reasons I think her blog is pointless. I also think it's for the best because imagine the impact she could have if she actually made the doormat life sound somewhat appealing AND provided practical advice on how to do it! 

All of it sold for the low, low price of $66.60!

But if you call in the next ten minutes, we’ll knock off ONE WHOLE PAYMENT! ?

On the old Always Learning blog, Lori once advised that it would be for the best if women who had babies out of wedlock, gave their children to "good Christian families".  Not even kidding.  I wish I'd know how to take a screen shot back then.  It was in the comments of one of her posts, and she's deleted those now.

Found a link to FJ discussing it:

Reader:

How would a single mother with no father in the picture stay at home? Practically speaking, how would that work?

Lori Alexander:

The most unselfish thing she could do would be to give her child up for adoption to a godly man and wife. There are many infertile couples who would love to raise a child. She could also live with her mom and dad so her child could have a father figure in his/her life.

7 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Sauerkraut. Gotta have sauerkraut, too. And not just that stuff in a jar you get at the grocery store. No, it has to be homemade in a 100-year-old crock by Pennsylvania Dutch farmers who grew the cabbage on their own land that's been in the family for over 200 years. :pb_lol:

16 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Sauerkraut. Gotta have sauerkraut, too. And not just that stuff in a jar you get at the grocery store. No, it has to be homemade in a 100-year-old crock by Pennsylvania Dutch farmers who grew the cabbage on their own land that's been in the family for over 200 years. :pb_lol:

I feel personally attacked right now! My sauerkraut is amazing, thankyouverymuch, but it does not-in this life or the next- belong on a salad.

1 minute ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I feel personally attacked right now! My sauerkraut is amazing, thankyouverymuch, but it does not-in this life or the next- belong on a salad.

:pb_eek: You make homemade sauerkraut?? I bow down to your amazingness! My grandfather and uncles--PA Dutchmen all, but not farmers, just gardeners-- used to make it, and it was awesome. And no, never, ever, EVER was it put on a salad. It belongs in a pot with roast pork, slowly cooked until you can't wait any longer and have to start eating it. Preferably with some mashed potatoes on the side as well.

*wipes drool from keyboard*

9 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Or with sardines!  

The store bought canned stuff doesn't have good gut benefits that traditional fermented does. The heat from canning kills them. So I understand why she makes her own. I got a good fermenting book for Christmas and excited to give it a go myself. 

But putting it on salad is icky. 

@Loveday,my mom grows the cabbages herself and I come out to help her can every summer (along with various other things). Sauerkraut is messy work- days later, I will still be finding pieces of shredded cabbage all over the kitchen!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived