IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't too sure where to put this, but popped it in here because this is another VF alumni. Hemant Mehta has reported that "‘Pro-life’ speaker thanks God for killing man who was ‘obstacle’ to abortion ban."  Turns out this is none other than Natty Darnell complaining that Republican GOP House Speaker David Ralston wasn't anti-abortion enough for him and he's happy the guy has passed away. Darnell is quoted as saying “We thank you for how you have relieved us from one legislator, a speaker who made himself an obstacle, and we pray that, Father, you would help other legislators to serve you in fear and to take warning."

Mehta links the article back to some earlier writing of Darnell's which makes for horrifying reading on his ideas about biblical fatherhood and the sexual abuse scandals (that are still happening) in churches everywhere. It's a good reminder that Darnell isn't just a pompous, overdressed spanner, but a really nasty piece of work.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 7
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 9

Darnell was probably the worst of the VF fanboyz, and thatʻs saying something. 

The Wayback Machine link to Darnell's defunct blog, Persevero, is interesting, disgusting though it is. The linked post, written in the aftermath of the Fall of The Tool & the exposure of Gothard sexual abuse, weasels its way through a discussion on how sexual predation in fundamentalist Christian settings should be handled. 

Admiring commenters include Bret Smith and James Pennington.

537268008_CraptainSmith.thumb.png.2f5bcb5d5afbcfd248c86f301fdc1c50.png499160145_JamesPennington.thumb.png.d619d288bbb3f21b2cd920c3c6d60919.png

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

Darnell is an absolute ass and a profoundly mean spirited and shallow man. 

I just checked his Insta account.  Their baby is seriously cute; absolutely adorable. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Darnell was probably the worst of the VF fanboyz, and thatʻs saying something. 

The Wayback Machine link to Darnell's defunct blog, Persevero, is interesting, disgusting though it is. The linked post, written in the aftermath of the Fall of The Tool & the exposure of Gothard sexual abuse, weasels its way through a discussion on how sexual predation in fundamentalist Christian settings should be handled. 

Admiring commenters include Bret Smith and James Pennington.

537268008_CraptainSmith.thumb.png.2f5bcb5d5afbcfd248c86f301fdc1c50.png499160145_JamesPennington.thumb.png.d619d288bbb3f21b2cd920c3c6d60919.png

Love that Bret Smith thinks they can cover abuse in fundamentalism in 15 minutes. 😂

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Love that Bret Smith thinks they can cover abuse in fundamentalism in 15 minutes. 😂

He only needs 3 bullet points!

1: Satan!

2: It was her fault, so really the perpetrator is the actual victim! 

3: He repented. Christ has forgiven him, so he is now innocent!

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

...weasels its way through a discussion on how sexual predation in fundamentalist Christian settings should be handled. 

...Deuteronomy sez you need two or three witnesses or *checks notes* it didn't happen. And yes, Natty went there. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 5

As to where in the world is DPIAT, in November 2022, it looks like he was grifting along with Liberty on her junket to Europe:

831161417_2022_Nov_DWPLiberty.thumb.jpg.dc55251ee7724ab6b7d172167422a066.jpg

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, Howl said:

...Deuteronomy sez you need two or three witnesses or *checks notes* it didn't happen. And yes, Natty went there. 

Yep—because molesters and rapists always make sure to have an audience before the crime.

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I saw him throwing that around on Twitter a few days ago.

ETA: oh snap. Does anyone know about this?

Edited by Columbia
ETA
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

Does anyone know about this?

Didnʻt know about these recent Twitter comments but Iʻm glad to see that even other conservatives have a problem with the vile Darnell. 

2082911568_EveryonehatesNathanielDarnell.thumb.jpg.260310651c3b33a34db7cd89a85d5756.jpg

ETA: Well, well, well. Stealing mailing lists -- who taught Darnell how to do that?

708748117_DarnelllDPIATare2ofakind.thumb.png.0acbea5d799cd3ee7794395a4b59f848.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

9 hours ago, Howl said:

Can someone explain why in conservative Christianity this verse gets interpreted as two or three witnesses of one events versus two or three witnesses to the same behavior (as in, multiple victims with same behavior pattern).

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Howl said:

This makes my head explode every single time and every single time I comment on it. The same Bible loving guys who trot that out slip right past the verses where - in a society dominated by OT patriarchy - the Israelite leaders were to believe a woman when there were no witnesses. If it happened in the country, and no one was there. The man was executed…presumably on the woman’s word alone. 

I hope it’s obvious I do not think we should live by these laws but the Cherry picking drives me up the wall. 

12 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Can someone explain why in conservative Christianity this verse gets interpreted as two or three witnesses of one events versus two or three witnesses to the same behavior (as in, multiple victims with same behavior pattern).

Great point.

The explanation is they don’t believe women or children. And power. 

B/c as that guy’s twitter comments show, they apply it to other situations too, so if a man verbally abused someone or pretty much does anything and is called on it, he can be like: means nothing if only one witness.  

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

I think the reason there is that the individual victims with the same story might have all come together and made the story up. But, of course, the two or three witnesses could do that as well. 

I think that the reluctance to see a pattern ties in with the tendency to see actions like sexual abuse as a “mistake” for which the leader can be forgiven. And then, of course, to bring it up again in order to point out a pattern would be to have not actually forgiven the perpetrator. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

As to where in the world is DPIAT, in November 2022, it looks like he was grifting along with Liberty on her junket to Europe:

DP had been spending quite a bit of time in London (I think) working on a film, so this may be related. 

Also not wearing a wedding ring, but many married men don't. 

• Upvote 6

IMO Nattie Darnell is someone whose skeletons will eventually come out and they’re going to be worse than most. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

24 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

IMO Nattie Darnell is someone whose skeletons will eventually come out and they’re going to be worse than most. 

Someone needs to make a list of former VF interns and keep track of possible shenanigans. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 1/24/2023 at 6:53 PM, Columbia said:

Someone needs to make a list of former VF interns and keep track of possible shenanigans. 

I don't have the time, but it's a fantastic idea.  VF trained all those boys and they went out into the world and spread that VF biblical patriarchy around like manure.

Do we have a "where are they now?" Vision Forum thread?  I was wondering about Peter and Kelly and all the other former VFers.

• Upvote 5

You can talk about them right here if you want, also.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish we had more info on Kelly and Braderick but I think they have laid low since the divorce. 

Poor Kelly. Every time I think of her I think of that silly chest-thumping article her father wrote about how he and his buddies sat on their hands and did nothing while she was being harassed by a drunken man during a plane flight. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

Peter's budding Real Estate empire has a new headquarters.

The Goat House is now Bradrick's home and an office for his real estate company, Red Banner Team. He plans to renovate the property and turn the house into an office where he and his co-workers can meet clients.

Bradrick is not new to Southworth. After living there for several years in his childhood, Bradrick says he's excited to be back in the community.

They also host movie nights:

1003962137_Screenshot2023-01-30at20-25-10TheRedBannerTeamMovieNightTopGunMaverick!SEEfilmBremertonCinema27May2022.thumb.png.e19e360c96146f649a4ef7ff8eca019c.png

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

I just had this horrible realization that based on this criteria for proving guilt Natty here could watch a child be molested and… do nothing. Because why speak if there’s no second witness? The point of telling someone about that sort of thing is to stop the perpetrator by proving his guilt, but if there’s no second witness, then why bother? It might even be a sin for him to speak and try to prove guilt without a second witness. And if he assaulted the predator he might get in trouble himself because there’s no second witness to justify his actions.  It also means that if Natty *is* the second witness the victim is at his mercy regarding whether or not he speaks. If he chooses not to, the victim has no recourse. 

I don’t know why this just now occurred to me, but it’s completely chilled my blood. I hope someone in his church is keeping an eye on him. 

C37BE058-584E-4354-AA81-EF4D1BF5EF01.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

Behold the manly wide-legged stance, now improved with one foot elevated on a rock. 

Bradrick’s plan to fundraiser for community benefit (ambulance district support) impresses positively.  And the guy has some decent success. Who wanted the divorce, again?

• Upvote 7