IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Salad is the absolute worst thing to throw up. I remember I had a big salad for dinner back in college. Then I went out and partied a little too hard and ended up barfing. Oh god it’s horrid. I couldn’t look at another salad for awhile. 

Lori's salads look like someone threw them up onto her plate, so...

For me it was a particular kind of soup and potato pancakes. The very term "potato pancakes" makes me queasy, after twenty years!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Lori's salads look like someone threw them up onto her plate, so...

For me it was a particular kind of soup and potato pancakes. The very term "potato pancakes" makes me queasy, after twenty years!

That sucks! Potato pancakes are the best!

Still there, 16 hours now, and Lori hasn't touched it, despite at least one person saying that 'Dave's comment should be removed & he should be blocked from this page.'  Draw your own conclusions. 

It's not showing up on my phone, but does on my computer.  I'm going to assume FB is working in mysterious ways again. 

d2039801549.jpg

1 hour ago, Lisafer said:

Thank you. I will never teach my boys that they should wait for sex until marriage. Instead I will teach them about consent, that no means no, to respect their partners, and to wear a condom. 

Because children grow up into horny adults who have sex. In my experience, telling people to wait until marriage is like spitting into the wind.

Exactly. Consent and respect to each other is important and not a marriage certificate. What two or more consenting adults do with each other in the sex department is not my concern.

And here I bought myself a salat for dinner to go with my fish casserole. Now I don't want it anymore :(

I am disturbed that so many of these horrid comments about women come from young, apparently uneducated men.  Eons?  If Cal would read a history book, he would know that women were treated like indentured servants with no property rights for thousands of years.  Mississippi (as backwards as we often are here) was the first state to allow women to own property in their own name in 1839.  I don't think 180 years meets the definition of eons.  Lori has now become a magnet for the male kook element, and she thrives on it, apparently.

image.png.7133a096d0d1be971111fe5e508dfaaf.png

Once again, Lori proves that in her estimation, living by the rules she embraces is her god and WAY more important to her than belief in and worship of Jesus.  

image.png.d9ac1da0fc9775edd814c9afcb9fdec5.png

8 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Once again, Lori proves that in her estimation, living by the rules she embraces is her god and WAY more important to her than belief in and worship of Jesus.  

image.png.d9ac1da0fc9775edd814c9afcb9fdec5.png

For a while I thought, or tried to think, that Lori didn't want to force her way on everyone else, that she only wanted to lead 'Christians.'  Now it has become clear that she would like to force her bullshit on everyone, whether they are believers or not, Handmaid's Tale style.  Given that, I think it is imperative that we who enjoy freedom need to fight her every step of the way.  

Sexual exclusivity doesn't prevent all sexually transmitted infections either.  Probably because many of them do not actually require sexual fluids to be exchanged.  Other types of bodily fluids or contact will do just fine.  (herpes, pubic lice, hep b, ect.)

And as someone said, marriage does not ward off cancer, accident, heart attacks, ect.  Since I'm in my 40s and hubby is in his 50s, we are now of the age where a lot of these sorts of things are happening to friends and family (and before that knew people whose partner was killed during a car accident).

I am not anti-marriage.  I've been married for almost 20 years to the same guy.  But it also doesn't prevent bad things from happening.  Sometimes it can even exacerbate them, if people have this weird idea that it's the "best" state to be in and it will protect one's children from a lot of stuff.  That's a extremely unrealistic and damaging myth.

@delphinium65

That is the very reason I started moving away from my previous fundie-lite environment.  I began to see that it not about encouraging one another in faith so much as a bunch of expectations imposed upon people who were not even in our midst.

For example, I personally chose to wait to voluntarily have sex until marriage.  (it did not stop me from being raped)  Interestingly enough, I believe it was therapy after the rape that helped me deal with the damage from being on the fringe of patriarchy for so many years, and allowed me to have a deep relationship with my now husband.  I will forever be thankful that my insurance directed me to a therapist who was not simply "Biblical Counseling".  I have no idea what my therapist believes; but her help was instrumental in keeping my faith in Jesus while letting it grow me in unexpected directions and ways, so that now I am a member of a United Methodist Church.  

In any case, my waiting for marriage was right for me.  I liked living without the worry of birth control, especially with health conditions which messed up my hormones already.  I benefited from learning to have better and deeper relationships with both genders.  It saved me from viewing every man I met as a potential mate; and gave me freedom to have some of the best friendships I have to this day.  Life is about choices - we each make our own, and this is one that I do not regret nor feel that I missed out on anything by making the choice to wait.  Waiting for marriage was a decision of empowerment for me.

But I also never "took the pledge" or got a purity ring.  It was simply a personal matter of my own faith and identity before God.

Spoiler

A338712B-3164-44CD-AB58-8A40310AB6AD.thumb.png.2eef8d3f7228e7d0726036091050aa5f.png

Spoiler

82346DE3-B2DF-45F4-BCAF-5ACFE812FD2F.thumb.png.20b652408e612dfab971be4b025e0406.png

Spoiler

1F8A71E2-9D8B-4DFF-A6B8-BAC4B58B1007.thumb.png.d1b5140463bf424c00f581425614c755.png

S. Chanis is Prudently at Home. 

Children in daycare is not a social problem. Working mothers is not a social problem. Families aren’t suffering because of working mothers. Society isn’t suffering because of working mothers. 

It seems as though Lori and Prudently both would like to see real life handmaid’s tale, with an apparent litany of supporters. 

2 hours ago, Tigerchild74 said:

I've been married for almost 20 years to the same guy.  But it also doesn't prevent bad things from happening.  Sometimes it can even exacerbate them, if people have this weird idea that it's the "best" state to be in and it will protect one's children from a lot of stuff.  That's a extremely unrealistic and damaging myth.

20 years of marriage hasn't prevented a shit load of bad things happening. Car accidents, various orthopedic surgeries, chronic pancreatitis, total pancreatectomy with the added bonus of brittle diabetes and now lung cancer. 

Fuck me running

17 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I'm all for waiting until marriage. I think God intended it that way for our benefit and with our best interest in mind.

I don't think God intended this at all, and there was a time when the church did not require legal registration of marriage. I don't see the benefit. Also, what about polygamists who all consider themselves married? Is that OK? Why so many wives and concubines in the bible if God intended sex to be only between one man and one woman? Waiting for marriage was not for me, I don't feel badly about it, and I'm Christian.

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

In any case, my waiting for marriage was right for me.  I liked living without the worry of birth control,

Many, many married folks use birth control. so waiting until legal marriage would have no impact.

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

Waiting for marriage was a decision of empowerment for me.

I feel that way about not waiting.

2 hours ago, Tigerchild74 said:

Sexual exclusivity doesn't prevent all sexually transmitted infections either. 

My BFF was infected with an STD by her husband of many years. She didn't require him to use condoms although she knew he was a serial cheater. If only one partner in the marriage is exclusive, being married doesn't matter.

She's allowed a man to post a Baphomet GIF on her thread now.  If she hadn't banned me from commenting, I'd call her out for allowing this on her "teaching page to Christian women"...

I don't much care if guys post a Baphomet on her page, but I do find it ridiculous in light of the fact that she's repeatedly telling WOMEN to "unfollow" her page if they aren't Christian, because she teaches "Christian women biblical womanhood".

Bullshit.

She has preached a false gospel of works and self-righteousness; she has failed to believe the very Word she claims to follow; she has played with little boys who are immature and allowed them to defile her "Christian women's teaching page".  She loves the attention.  Disgusting.

@SilverBeach

I did not mean in way shape or form to imply that my choices were right for everyone.  I just sometimes react to Lori's writings with a need to to give voice to a choice which may on the surface appear to be in line with Lori's thinking but is not really the same.  My comment about birth control was meant to be a reflection of only my own physical health/hormonal difficulties than meant to imply that married people do not use/cannot use. My path is only my own to travel, and not right for anyone but me.  I'm sorry if I fed into any purity culture crap with my post.

I've been a bit defensive with the comments about rape from the MRA crowd, and was thinking more about that than anything else when I posted. 

36 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

She's allowed a man to post a Baphomet GIF on her thread now.  If she hadn't banned me from commenting, I'd call her out for allowing this on her "teaching page to Christian women"...

I don't much care if guys post a Baphomet on her page, but I do find it ridiculous in light of the fact that she's repeatedly telling WOMEN to "unfollow" her page if they aren't Christian, because she teaches "Christian women biblical womanhood".

Unless she's just too stupid to recognize Baphomet.  I'd say that's impossible, but this *is* Lori we're talking about...

We also have this little 'gem' posted by one of her male followers, seems inappropriate for the kind of page Lori claims to be running:

Spoiler

p10934834.jpg.c9911aa2b81672253e2618b48bb04810.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived