IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

A friend of my husband has just opened a new pizza joint so we went out for pizza last night.  I got what was basically pizza margherita*, garlic knots, tiramisu and a glass of Malbec.  My husband got a calzone.  It was delicious!  I had leftover pizza for lunch today so tonight I just had a peanut butter sandwich.

*They did not call it pizza margherita, but that's what it was except the basil was in strips, not whole leaves.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 1/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, Frog99 said:

Well, Prudently, as someone who spent 19 years in the public child welfare system, I can shed some light for you. 

1. The vast majority of our foster care providers were either single, working mothers or couples, where both adults worked out of the home. Many times, they were nurses, teachers, or other service oriented professions. Some went to church and some didn’t. 

2. Lori’s audience (and Prudently’s target audience) isn’t going to pursue foster parenting or foster to adopt avenues because of state oversight/involvement. These children can’t be homeschooled (until an adoption is finalized) and there are also stipulations about private/Christian education (especially when the child is not legally free for adoption). 

3. Children in public child welfare aren’t there because life was good. They are traumatized and even under quality mental health treatment may experience mood/behavioral changes at certain developmental periods or in response to trauma triggers. A lot of them have siblings or other family members that they want to maintain contact with (sometimes that includes parents)- and those stipulations are sometimes court ordered. These are the kids that Lori’s fan girls try desperately to keep their kids away from, lest they become “corrupted”. 

4. I can see many of her fan girls (and men) objecting to foster/adoptive training requirements and the entire home study process. 

5. Lori’s audience wants “blank slate” babies. 

44F79449-A663-45AD-AF0C-ED91FF9A8FFB.png

I agree, I can't see a lot of Lori or Prudently Home's audience pursuing foster care. If they did pursue I can't see any of them being happy in the long run. I have a work contact whose fundie stepdaughter and step son-in-law were foster parents for a couple of years. They have three kids of their own and couldn't have more. So they tried to adopt an infant via domestic agencies. But, several agencies didn't want to work with them because the husband's work history is shaky. One agency was willing to work with them, but they couldn't come up with agency fees and their file got closed.  They took fostering classes and got licensed. They fostered for a couple of years and stopped and told people they just couldn't deal with state agencies and case workers. 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:24 AM, VBOY9977 said:

This guy went OFF on Lori on a post she made on the march for Life ?

32E91984-A234-4EC9-807E-E28B906E8F49.jpeg

@VBOY9977   When did Lori "nearly" drive her daughter to suicide?   Is this true or just exaageration?  Anyone know anything about this?  

Spoiler

2AC586B7-49F0-453A-BCD3-9347B2F12156.thumb.jpeg.8f4be1cbc80b18b01e994c36ff87b285.jpeg

These comments are on the women’s right but not babies post. I’m very surprised god, I mean Lori, hasn’t chimed in. 

Spoiler

D61F6C9F-D718-4272-B8AD-CB6844B6CA43.thumb.jpeg.15574cfee094950bfa2ca1ad728623ed.jpeg

Spoiler

105ACB0A-A5B4-431E-B9F6-C1CFB6884C57.thumb.jpeg.c99561456412a183a2cbc925bc05fa9e.jpeg

For the guy advocating for women to join the draft if they vote. We don’t have a draft. We do have a lot of females that enlist. 

I agree with the last comment that we need to be doing all that we can to educate young people and make birth control available. Keeping birth control out of the equation doesn’t stop sex. 

Today's blog post!

Lose weight for your husband. This should be all the motivation you need since men are highly visual and most husbands care more about you being in shape than finely manicure fingernails, gorgeous hair, perfect makeup, and the latest fashions. I will venture to say that probably all men would be happy to have wives that were in shape and not gluttons. We ought to want to please our husbands and this is one area you can learn to please them (1 Corinthians 7:34).

No, lose weight for your health.  In fact, this looks like she's promoting anorexia and bulimia.  Lose weight any way you can to make your husband love you.  If you are fat, and your husband is unfaithful, you asked for it because you didn't please him.  Is this the warped way she raised her daughters?  

Then she goes on to say this...

The fifth sin listed is that they were haughty. This word is similar to pride and means “proud and disdainful; having a high opinion of one’s self, with some contempt for others; lofty and arrogant.” 

Look in the mirror, Lori.  This is YOU!   You are proud and disdainful, you do have a high opinion of yourself, and you look at others with contempt.  You are lofty and arrogant.

There's enough material in this blog post for an entire thread.

17 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Do these naive, "easily deceived", "weak-minded" (self-proclaimed) women have ANY IDEA what it entails to raise a child from foster care?  Do they understand RAD?  Have they any education on trauma?  Do they even understand these things SPIRITUALLY, since they claim to believe the Bible?

I have friends who adopted domestically from the US foster care system: their kids all had to work through RAD and some still show symptoms periodically. One of the children is an adult now, but they're still guardians, because the autism diagnosis was severe and no amount of behavioral therapy the state can offer has "fixed" him.  He jumped off a bridge recently and broke his leg. He needs constant love and attention.  

Their European adoptions are even more interesting: the children all needed thousands of dollars of therapy, surgeries, and equipment (wheelchairs, gait trainers, walkers, feeding tubes, etc.)  There are eight children in diapers now.  

This is NOT just something "anyone" or "any old Christian" can or SHOULD do!

This is a particular calling for certain people. All families will NOT and should not do this.  Other families should financially support and prayerfully support those who do.  But to insist that adoption from foster care (specifically) and adoption elsewhere "fixes" the global issue of unwanted children is ludicrous.

I want to see Lori spend ONE DAY in my friends' home, with their adopted children and see how she fares.  Heck, I want to see Lori spend one day in a friend's home with two children with special medical needs and see her survive when she can't "sleep train" tube-fed babies, but she HAS to feed them on schedule!

God have mercy.  These people are so arrogant.

But But But they are saving the children!  Or at least a lot of them seem to think that is what they are doing.  Adoption of special needs children is not easy and not pretty, I am all for adoption but it's not easy.  I would not consider adopting a special needs child because I am not equipped to give the child(ren) the right kind of help that they need.  But that doesn't always seem to be mentioned.  I am probably not wording it right, but too many Christian groups are very much in the mindset of saving them, not adopting them out of love or a genuine desire to help.

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Today's blog post!

Lose weight for your husband. This should be all the motivation you need since men are highly visual and most husbands care more about you being in shape than finely manicure fingernails, gorgeous hair, perfect makeup, and the latest fashions. I will venture to say that probably all men would be happy to have wives that were in shape and not gluttons. We ought to want to please our husbands and this is one area you can learn to please them (1 Corinthians 7:34).

No, lose weight for your health.  In fact, this looks like she's promoting anorexia and bulimia.  Lose weight any way you can to make your husband love you.  If you are fat, and your husband is unfaithful, you asked for it because you didn't please him.  Is this the warped way she raised her daughters?  

You're absolutely right.  I just want to go from the beginning with this:

1. 'The first sin that is listed is pride.' Pride like thinking you know what's best for everyone else, and assuming the right to tell everyone else how they must live their lives, right, Lori? 
  2. 'The second sin listed is fullness of bread.'  But not Einkhorn bread...
  3. 'Lose weight for your husband.'  Wallysmommy, you covered this one, so I don't have to, thanks!  
  4. 'The third sin listed is an abundance of idleness.' That sounds like a woman having a housekeeper and a nanny for her children because she can't be bothered to do it herself.  
  5. 'We were created to work hard and be physical. We weren’t created to be lazy.' See point 4.  
  6. 'The fourth sin listed is not helping the poor and needy.'   When has Lori ever done this?  She has been asked specifically how she would suggest to go about helping the poor, or what charities she would recommend for donations.  Her answer?  *crickets* 
  7. 'The fifth sin listed is that they were haughty. This word is similar to pride and means “proud and disdainful; having a high opinion of one’s self, with some contempt for others; lofty and arrogant.” We sure do see this today in our culture...'  Or in the mirror, if you're Lori.  
  8. 'The final sin listed is the result of all of the others sins combined. Once a nation becomes prideful, gluttons, lazy, neglecting the poor and needy, and haughty, abominations begin to take place.'  So, let's see what the count is for Lori.  Prideful? Check. Glutton? Food-obsessed at least. Lazy? Yep. Neglecting the poor?  As far as I can tell, yes. Haughty? You betcha.  By her own rules, Lori is an abomination.  For once I agree with the logical conclusion of her so-called 'thought' process.  

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

most husbands care more about you being in shape than finely manicure fingernails, gorgeous hair

@wallysmommy quoting Lori]

Sooooooooo .....  Lori is saying that most men (including Ken?) are A Ok with a girlfriend/wife/partner with ratty finger and toenails, dry thin uncombed bed hair and a sunken face (that looks like malnutrition) as long as she is skinny/ skin & bones/ anorexic (like Lori)?    

Really?  She took a poll? She asked around among her MGTOW firiends? Asked Ken? Asked her sons? Asked her father? Asked her BILs? Asked random male strangers?

Nah. I don't believe it for a nano second.  Men want/love women of all shapes and sizes. In my experience what they don't want is a wife/etc. who looks ratty and unkempt 24/7.

Just my opinion. Mr Dress doesn't care about my shape, but he does like manicured fingers/toes and well kept hair.  But then so do I.

I agree with what people have said about fostering and adoption. Not everyone is prepared to work with the needs of kids who have gone through trauma or have developmental needs. I've seen particularly violent cases of RAD, to the point that parents have had to stop taking in other kids/ babysitting because it was unsafe for the other children. Other parents don't take care of their own mental health which impedes their ability to manage their children who have more intense needs. A "loving heart" isn't enough to save children. Resources, doctors, counseling, parental health etc are necessary.  This isn't a shopping trip where you buy a kid and expect it to be fantastic. These are living breathing often traumatized human beings.

Over the last 20 years I've gained 70-80lbs. Things have drifted even further down thanks to gravity and age. Mr. Xtian...still thinks I'm quite fine. Even when I'm wearing my grungy pj pants, an old-tshirt and slippers. If he gets anywhere near my ass, he HAS to touch it. I don't have much of an ass (although I AM an ass) but good grief, you'd think the boy was looking at a couple of T-bones...

Until  about 2 years ago I had a good friend with benefits. He liked it when I painted my finger and toe nails bright red for our dates. He also liked my figure then, so much that he wanted to talk me out of getting bariatric surgery by telling me that he finds me sexy and liked me the way I was. When I lost my weight after the surgery, first our affair and then our friendship ended, because I wasn't anymore what I was used to be.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:24 PM, Sarah92 said:

I have a few adopted/foster children that I work with and it often takes an extra bit of love because trauma is something most are dealing with and that influences a lot of behavioral issues. I wouldn't let her near any of my kiddos. She'll see what assertive looks like then lol. I 

Also what's everyone doing for dinner? I didn't feel like making meat so I made a corn casserole (my favorite comfort food) and roasted potatoes (with olive oil I infused myself today). I also have bread dough rising and stuff out to make cookies. 

Well dinner I think we're having soup. My family and I have been really sick lately (bronchitis, cold and flu) so soup has been the go to meal for us. We're finally on the tail end of all the germs but its been a rough several weeks for all of us.

21 hours ago, TeaGrannie said:

The beer bread sounds good. What kind of mix is it?

Timber Peaks Gourmet. You can find it at https://secure.timberpeaksgourmet.com I bought a bag of the mix in Golden, CO on vacation a few years ago and have been ordering it since. Appears to be a very small business. We have also tried the hot chocolate mixes and enjoyed them, too. 

Ahhhhh, back to The Poverty Olympics on TTW facebook page.

It's bad to "lust" after a nice home, ladies. How dare you "lust" after a nice home.  Control yourselves!  You should be content to live in 900 square feet forever with your quintuplets and eleven other children.

Dear God.

I guess Lori missed reading Psalm 1:3 (and the countless other scriptures about prosperity, which means SUCCESS and actual business and personal financial prosperity, as well as relational success:

"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers."

Does Lori have relational prosperity?   She says this is more important in her doodle. She says loving relationships are more important. I do not see Lori sharing about all her "loving relationships"...(loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, gentle, kind, faithful, meek and self-controlled).

Hmmmm... if Lori doesn't care about nice things, why get granite countertops just because she ruined the old ones?  And why get a new sink just because the old one was cracked?  Why redo her kitchen at all?  The unrenovated one worked just fine.  Why recover her sofa,  I'm sure the old upholstery was perfectly serviceable.

Methinks Lori is lying through her teeth about not wanted nice things.  Or maybe it's that she doesn't want other people to have nice things.

That's probably it.  Carry on FJ.

42 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

It's bad to "lust" after a nice home, ladies. How dare you "lust" after a nice home.  Control yourselves!  You should be content to live in 900 square feet forever with your quintuplets and eleven other children.

I live in just over 1300 square feet and since #2 son moved back in, it's too small.

Yes, I am a materialistic bitch who is hoping and praying we can buy that 3000 square foot house soon. 

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I live in just over 1300 square feet and since #2 son moved back in, it's too small.

Yes, I am a materialistic bitch who is hoping and praying we can buy that 3000 square foot house soon. 

I hear ya. I'm in about 1500 square feet with four kids.  It is too small.  

If it weren't a two-story, I'd have lost it in the winter.

People should have nice things that suit their families' needs as well as desires.

I wouldn't call you a materialistic bitch.  Heck, I was lusting over an 8 million dollar home the other day (7,900 square feet).  The nerve of me.

3 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I wouldn't call you a materialistic bitch.  Heck, I was lusting over an 8 million dollar home the other day (7,900 square feet).  The nerve of me.

if it has an indoor pool and spa...I'm in!

For over 20 years(including all 7.75 years of my marriage and the year we lived together premaritally), I lived in a sub-300sf studio apartment.  Literally, the only time I had privacy when my husband was home was the bathroom.  When the building was condemned at the end of 2014 and I was able to move to a 2-bedroom apartment, I had more room than I knew what to do with!

(Oh, and dinner tonight was Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs.  Me bad.)

12 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Before Christmas, we moved from a house just under 1500 square feet to a home that is 2400 square feet. The four of us outgrew the old house about 5 years ago. We now have storage and normal size closets and a kitchen that fits more than 1 adult and a family room where we all have room to sit and I feel such a sense of peace. I was content with what we had- but never knew how much the lack of space (physical and storage wise) increased my anxiety- especially when the kids had friends over. I don’t think it’s materialistic to enjoy nice things. I think the problem becomes when the accumulation of nice things becomes the primary focus. 

It's easy to say be content living in a small house when you're rambling around a 3,000 sq. foot house alone since King Ken travels for business and it's Lori and her computer in the house.  Lock her in a 900 sq ft house with 4 kids and see how well she would survive.  

I find it very interesting that Lori doesn't mind advertising her house as being so wonderful, but she doesn't think anybody else should want a nice house.  We have a 3-bedroom, 2-bath house that I think is just under 1500 sq ft.  It was fine when the Briefly daughter was here, there was enough room.  After she moved out, her room became my craft/guest room and the spare bedroom remained the office it had always been.  Our house before, which we lived in for about 10 years, was around 1,000 sq ft or maybe less.  I don't remember.

Dinner was rice for Mr. Briefly, his stomach is upset.  I have not eaten yet, I just had some fruit and I am not hungry.

Dinner for me tonight was Kroger fried chicken and potato salad. Their fried chicken is to die for (well, it may kill me one day as I can't resist the crispy skin and that's not good for my heart!).

I live in about 2200 square feet of space, an 80s-era colonial that's in dire need of renovation. It's so outdated. And it's packed with almost 35 years' worth of crap. Some good crap, some crap crap. Lori would be appalled at the clutter. But it's deliberate clutter, controlled clutter, and furthermore, it's CLEAN clutter. No chicken-juice-soaked Norwex rags touch any of my stuff.:naughty:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived