IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

Before Christmas, we moved from a house just under 1500 square feet to a home that is 2400 square feet. The four of us outgrew the old house about 5 years ago. We now have storage and normal size closets and a kitchen that fits more than 1 adult and a family room where we all have room to sit and I feel such a sense of peace. I was content with what we had- but never knew how much the lack of space (physical and storage wise) increased my anxiety- especially when the kids had friends over. I don’t think it’s materialistic to enjoy nice things. I think the problem becomes when the accumulation of nice things becomes the primary focus. 

Our house in VA was just over 2200 sqft. Our house in AZ was 2300 sqft. The first house we rented here was 3200sqft. Then the shit hit the fan and we landed up in a 700 sqft 1br apartment. Damn near lost my marbles there. Next apartment was close to 1100 sqft. Now 1300 sqft. Our bottom limit on a house to buy is 2500 sqft. i NEED elbow room. Hubs is working on a model and he's maybe 10 feet away...too damn close. Would prefer another floor! 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Hmmmm... if Lori doesn't care about nice things, why get granite countertops just because she ruined the old ones?  And why get a new sink just because the old one was cracked?  Why redo her kitchen at all?  The unrenovated one worked just fine.  Why recover her sofa,  I'm sure the old upholstery was perfectly serviceable.

Methinks Lori is lying through her teeth about not wanted nice things.  Or maybe it's that she doesn't want other people to have nice things.

That's probably it.  Carry on FJ.

She has gone on rants about people wanting extra money for nice gadgets, vacations, cars, etc for years.  She has many of those things, But, to her it's a big no no when other families(usually two incomes) want and work to get nice things. 

Any time she claims she doesn't care about nice things and then posts about kitchen remodels, eating out, vacations, her iPad, computer, and nice clothes, I laugh my ass off at her. 

I have to say I'm incredibly fortunate to live in an area where rent is reasonable. I rent a two story townhouse that has two bedrooms, 1.5 baths, good sized closets,  and a little front and backyard that I don't have to mow. Almost two big for a single person really but I was on a time crunch (less than a month to find a place and then move) and this was it and the price is the same as it would be for a smaller place. But it's nice and I have my own space. It's nice to have furniture I like I.e velvet cobalt blue couch. Contemplating a roommate but haven't wanted to commit to that idea yet. 

52 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She has gone on rants about people wanting extra money for nice gadgets, vacations, cars, etc for years.  She has many of those things, But, to her it's a big no no when other families(usually two incomes) want and work to get nice things. 

Any time she claims she doesn't care about nice things and then posts about kitchen remodels, eating out, vacations, her iPad, computer, and nice clothes, I laugh my ass off at her. 

Dude, I am the gadget junkie queen. Must haves...nice clothes, nice shoes, nice car, tablet, iphoneX, nice TV, blu ray player. Yes, my income goes towards paying for my gadgets but I don't give a shit. Kitchenaid mixer, lusting for a Keurig but going to wait...bottled water, all that great shit. In just about 6 months last year w/OT and shit, I made 28K. I'll make more this year. Fucking Lori can kiss my ass...just hoping that Spacefest is still in the cards. Yes, I'll blow probably 5 grand on tickets and shit but since I ain't asking Lori's ass to pay for it, it's none of her goddamn business. 

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

It's nice to have furniture I like I.e velvet cobalt blue couch. 

That sounds lovely!  

Here's a little snippet from the comments to TTW's Instagram post of yesterday (? I haven't worked out how to tell the dates and at the moment it just says 17 hour ago)

Spoiler

1215586415_ScreenShot2019-01-22at5_44_50pm.png.6a547cfc028c07ef6eff9c24a2e239d1.png

Apparently she uses the KJV because it's biblical.

And....... none of the other versions are??

The KJV might have beautiful language, but it's a less accurate translation of the original texts according to one of my Theology lecturers. But Lori knows best of course. 

I laughed hard about Lori writing about helping the poor. When Ken rode in on his white pony on a FB page he was asked how they help the poor because we all knew she'd never be caught dead actually in a room with the poor, the battered, the hungry etc. He became very indignant and wanted to compare check books. 

19 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:
  Hide contents

2AC586B7-49F0-453A-BCD3-9347B2F12156.thumb.jpeg.8f4be1cbc80b18b01e994c36ff87b285.jpeg

These comments are on the women’s right but not babies post. I’m very surprised god, I mean Lori, hasn’t chimed in. 

Reveal hidden contents

D61F6C9F-D718-4272-B8AD-CB6844B6CA43.thumb.jpeg.15574cfee094950bfa2ca1ad728623ed.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

105ACB0A-A5B4-431E-B9F6-C1CFB6884C57.thumb.jpeg.c99561456412a183a2cbc925bc05fa9e.jpeg

For the guy advocating for women to join the draft if they vote. We don’t have a draft. We do have a lot of females that enlist. 

I agree with the last comment that we need to be doing all that we can to educate young people and make birth control available. Keeping birth control out of the equation doesn’t stop sex. 

Oh for fucks sake, some of those militant pro-lifers are so dumb.

An under 22 weeks baby has basically no chance of survival, even with all the tubes and machines in the world.

An ectopic pregnancy will burst way way before that, you can't carry a child in your fallopian tube anywhere near to the date where it would be a viable micro preemie. The mom however has a very high risk of death when the tube inevitably bursts.

Reminds me of the politician who recommended women swallowing a mini camera so they can see the fetus before they make the decision to abort, like he did when he had bowel problems. Yes, the dude really believed your esophagus is connected to your uterus (and bowels, I guess).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/23/idaho-republican-anti-abortion-swallow-camera

This is what strict anti- abortion laws cause too

Dr. Halappanavar’s death in 2012 at age 31 from septicemia — an infection she contracted after she was denied an abortion during a miscarriage

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/world/europe/savita-halappanavar-ireland-abortion.html

We currently live in a 1700 square foot town home - 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. Mr. Bonkers said we didn't need 4 bedrooms, but it was in our budget and in a good school district. The kids have their own rooms and I have a 'craft room'. It's a good thing that I am anti-social because this house is not set up for entertaining. All the space is upstairs in the bedrooms. The kitchen is a good size, though. I tell myself that I can put up with it for another year until we move again. (Come on, Germany!)

This year, I saved my birthday/Christmas money from my mom, aunt, and great aunt and bought an iPhone. A 6, for $200(I’m on Verizon’s cheapest prepaid smartphone plan at $40 a month.). Of course, now I get emails from Apple saying “Upgrade to an XR for as little as $499!”  Ummm, thanks but no thanks. :pb_lol:

@feministxtian I am also at tech junkie queen, but more so in the kitchen.  I love my Cuisinart k-pod machine, my Kitchenaid mixer and food processor, my stovetop pressure cooker, my Barrazoni Porsche cookware, my Calphalon cookware, my Messermeister Elite knives, and now I'm obsessing over a sous vide cooker.  No slimy week old salads in my house, and we still manage to cook everything from scratch despite working full-time  and having no microwave.  

I would like to think that Lori would find pride in earning money and paying for her luxuries/toys herself, instead of relying solely on Ken, but instead she acts and sounds like a whiny insecure bitch. 

I do miss Ken riding in on his horse of truth and setting us straight. But I remember when he became quite defensive when someone asked about Lori volunteering.   

35 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I would like to think that Lori would find pride in earning money and paying for her luxuries/toys herself, instead of relying solely on Ken, but instead she acts and sounds like a whiny insecure bitch.  

Today she's bragging about the 'free' shit she gets just for being Ken's wife.  'If you think that women don’t benefit from taking care of their family and being a help meet to their husbands, I will tell you. I get free rent. I get free food. I get free internet and TV. I get free heat. I get a free car. I even get spending money.'  Sounds like a lazy welfare queen to me. 

(just for the record I'm not saying, or implying, that people who get welfare are lazy, or trying to milk the system for all they can get. I've spent too much of my life in the lower end of the financial system to think that!  That's more the stereotype that Lori would believe, which makes her boasting even more silly) 

I bought myself a Kitchenaid mixer a few weeks before Christmas. Got a fantastic deal on it. I'm 60 and had never had one before. Now...I want to be buried with it, I love it so much. 

Today in Lori Land, she tells us, in her own words and not someone else's, just what a great deal she got by marrying Ken:

If you think that women don’t benefit from taking care of their family and being a help meet to their husbands, I will tell you. I get free rent. I get free food. I get free internet and TV. I get free heat. I get a free car. I even get spending money.

ETA: @delphinium65, you beat me to it! LOL.

13 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Today she's bragging about the 'free' shit she gets just for being Ken's wife.  'If you think that women don’t benefit from taking care of their family and being a help meet to their husbands, I will tell you. I get free rent. I get free food. I get free internet and TV. I get free heat. I get a free car. I even get spending money.'  Sounds like a lazy welfare queen to me. 

Nope she trades it for sex (or 10 minutes and lube). I'll say it again, she admits she married Ken for money, not love. Sounds more like long-term, socially acceptable prostitution.

Today's blog post made me just want to tell her to fuck off. 

None of that is free. Ken works to pay for it. And if he didn't have a high income, things would be different for her. 

I don't think that I am getting a free house just because Mr. 05 writes the mortgage check from his account and he doesn't think he is getting free cable and internet because I write that check from my account. Because everything is ours together. 

But this is a marriage not a trade off of sex and minding the housekeeper housework for someone paying the bills. 

24 minutes ago, Loveday said:

ETA: @delphinium65, you beat me to it! LOL.

Great minds think alike!  :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Nope she trades it for sex (or 10 minutes and lube). I'll say it again, she admits she married Ken for money, not love. Sounds more like long-term, socially acceptable prostitution.

I'd say actual prostitution is a more honest transaction than Lori's version of marriage.  

And then we have yet another edifying comment from Kyle, to clarify things just in case you missed Lori's point about marriage being nothing but a business transaction:

But she doesn't get to be a man, and that's really what feminism wants to correct. 

It's futile and stupid, but...you know...it's feminism.

And again, it's interesting to try to compare the wife's economic benefits this article mentions against the services a wife performs that would otherwise be bought on the open (or black) market. 

What is the relative value of a surrogate against, say, a body guard? What is the value of a maid relative to a mechanic? 

The conclusion I've come to it is it depends upon how many children the family has or if there are special needs. A private nurse is expensive. As is a farm hand.

I know women who can change their own oil and fix their own cars. When I was growing up, my mother was better at household repairs than my father and usually did the small ones that didn't require a professional. 

And his defense is still turning it into a business transaction--still trading goods and services. What a dumbass. 

My church, which those two hate, calls marriage an  "intimate community of life and love". It is categorized as a sacrament of service to the community as well. The point of marriage being to grow spiritually together and to serve the church,, God and the world together. This can (and typically does) mean raising children. But that is not supposed to be the only thing. Mr. 05 and I teach religious education together as part of our call. Nowhere in the catechism or church's teachings about marriage is housework or mechanics or being a bodyguard or nurse mentioned. Marriage is not defined as an exchange of goods and services. BECAUSE THAT DEMEANS THE MARRIAGE AND BOTH SPOUSES, you pathetic louts*. 

*Ken and Lori and their loyal followers, not any of you, FJ. 

Lori ignores that the woman's husband is going blind and they are unsure of how much longer he can work. Then she posts that Laine's letters post about paying off a mortgage on one income. Lori the idiot will never get that stuff from Laine or Tightwad Gazette can't be applied to every situation. 

Sarah- Oh goodness. This might not be the best way to sell your message. Some women are helping their husbands by working. Not everyone's spouse has a high enough paying job to keep a roof over everyone's head. For instance, my husband is going blind and we have no idea how much longer he will be able to work. If only we had all had the good sense to marry rich guys...

Sarah- Although I will say that I do agree with the underlying principals of what you preach. God knows our circumstances, and he is able to help us fulfill our duties to our families in a variety of ways.

The Transformed Wife There are MANY women who are full-time keepers at home who aren't married to "rich guys."

The Transformed Wife Her husband has never made over $30,000/year yet she is a full time keeper at home, raising five children, and paid off their home in Southern CA. God tells us His commands are not burdensome and with Him ALL things are possible!http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/.../50-ways-we-paid-off...

I'll also add that some of Lori's fangirls who are SAHMs aren't getting all the "free stuff" Lori has.  I remember that fangirl Melissa talking about how it had been several years since she had purchased her favorite perfume and her husband sold sports jerseys to buy her a bottle. Ken has probably never had to sell something to give Princess Lori perfume or any other thing she wants.

Other fangirls have said they don't have much after the bills are paid and so it's safe to say they aren't getting spending money like Princess Lori. I still remember that fangirl who posted that her family barely had any food in the refrigerator after she gave her husband a weekly allowance so he could buy soda and chew. Lori probably ignores all those stories. 

17 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori ignores that the woman's husband is going blind and they are unsure of how much longer he can work. Then she posts that Laine's letters post about paying off a mortgage on one income. Lori the idiot will never get that stuff from Laine or Tightwad Gazette can't be applied to every situation. 

Hey now, if you give away 10% of your income and pay your kid $10 bucks to pull out her own tooth, and breastfeed even though you’re in terrible pain and poor mental health, you too could live on one income!

What is this shit that feminism means women want to be men? I don't want to be a man (we'll start with the appendage that has a mind of its own). I LIKE being a woman...an independent, intelligent, capable woman. I can take care of myself (although currently my mind is going down all sorts of dark alleys that scare me). I don't NEED a man in my life. I WANT my husband in my life. 

Lori says...

Earning a paycheck is idolized in our nation. Most women "feel" they must earn a paycheck to be valued. Many full-time mothers at home earn no paycheck and most would call them wasting their lives. Their husbands earn the money and support them so yes, these keepers at home are living for free (not earning a paycheck) because of their husband's hard work and they are very thankful.

Yes, earning a paycheck is idolized in our nation. But that's hardly the fault of feminism. If Lori wants someone to blame for that, look no forward to the greedy monument to undiluted capitalism that is our modern United States. There are a lot of groups to blame for that, but feminists aren't one of them. 

I have never, and I mean never, heard someone say that a SAHM is wasting her life. Maybe it's the circles I run in, which include SAHMs? I dunno, I've just never heard anyone say that to anyone else. I've heard people talk about encouraging their daughters to get higher education or training in a trade as a stop-gap against poverty in case something goes wrong, but I've never heard someone tell a woman she was wasting her life. And frankly, from this working woman's perspective, that would be horrible and I wouldn't even pause in defending a SAHM against someone who said that. 

The whole "living for free" argument that Lori has presented here is straight up terrible. Lori constantly presents women as being "helpmeets" to their husbands and that their husband's were their bosses. (Here's a whole freaking post about Ken being the boss of the Alexander home: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-husband-as-boss.html). If you're looking at a family set-up in that manner, which Lori does, then the wife is a defacto employee and is therefore getting "paid" in housing, food, automobiles, etc.?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived