IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

15 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

@louisa05 not even a parental figure can replace parents sadly. I agree with you, she does need help. 

No. No one can. If she does marry without dealing with that grief, her expectations that he should will not turn out well for either of them. 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's post is about how it's OK to berate women about abortion without doing anything else to help the problem. Fundies get very defensive when you ask they why they aren't adopting.

Lori's defense makes me laugh. So it's OK to say you care about the environment while continuing to be wasteful? It's fine to say you care about the poor while wasting your own money on frivolities? If Lori truly cares about babies she would get out of her recliner and help some.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Maybe Rinah can't find men like that because they are aware of the world and can see that with a perpetually uncertain economy and stagnating wages, relying on one income is rarely going to work. Instead of immersing herself in Lori's fantasy world, she should wake up. 

I also think that post has a "looking for a daddy" vibe. Rinah likely needs a grief counselor before a husband. No man is going to be able to replace her parents.  It's kind of sad, actually. 

I was thinking the same things too.  I got annoyed with her "the men of my millennial generation don’t actually have this notion of “taking care” of their wives" comment because she doesn't think that maybe many of those men have financial worries in today's world. If she has said things about millennial men not being committed, hardworking, or wanting to take care of their wives then that has probably turned off some potential suitors.  

The thing that stands out the loudest to me in this latest rant....these people who claim to have so much faith in their God actually, truly believe that people in this world are so inherently evil as to just take life without question or consequence.  They actively, consciously refuse to believe that the reason for such a law is for ease of medical necessity.  The willful ignorance is baffling.  Are they saying that one fallen angel has this much overt power over their own omnipotent deity?  

My head is just spinning.  

She keeps calling all the opposing arguments "justifications".  It's not justification, it's the acknowledgement that until one problem is brought under control--birth rate and circumstance--the other problem will remain.  As long as they continue to teach that marital rape doesn't exist and refuse to allow any form of birth control, the alternative will be there.  Sadly, no matter how amazing our health system gets, there is no way to ensure every single person is 100% healthy from start to finish.  Some genetic conditions or illnesses can't be caught immediately nor can they be prevented.  So what do you do?  You do the best that you can given the information you've got at that time.  

I wonder how many of the leghumpers are suffering right now because of the government shutdown.  From what they post, some of them are barely keeping a roof over their heads.  Even if they don't work directly for the government, there's a ripple effect.  Of course, it doesn't affect Queen Lori except that Ken might be inconvenienced at an airport.  in her warped viewpoint, they should have had thousands of dollars saved for this emergency.  But, then, we can't depend on "what ifs" so why would you have a savings account?  ALL things are possible with God.  (Trying to apply Lori circular thinking.)

On the Rinah post, I'm 59 and lost both parents within 14 months of each other.  My dad was ill and died in 2016, my mom died in her sleep unexpectedly in 2017.  I miss them every day, but I don't look for anyone to take their place, certainly not a husband.  No one can ever take their place.  

22 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I wonder how many of the leghumpers are suffering right now because of the government shutdown.  From what they post, some of them are barely keeping a roof over their heads.  Even if they don't work directly for the government, there's a ripple effect.  Of course, it doesn't affect Queen Lori except that Ken might be inconvenienced at an airport.  in her warped viewpoint, they should have had thousands of dollars saved for this emergency.  But, then, we can't depend on "what ifs" so why would you have a savings account?  ALL things are possible with God.  (Trying to apply Lori circular thinking.)

I have also wondered too. Some of the Lori's fangirls have said that their husbands own small businesses and there are a bunch of articles out they have discussed different ways the shutdown has effected small businesses. 

If Lori's leghumpers are married to government employees, I bet they keep quiet about that detail around Lori's FB or on the chatroom. Lori has gone on anti-government rants quite a bit. A week or two ago, she was saying that the government encourages women to work so they can collect more taxes and further fund the ebil public schools. Yeah, taxes suck, but they fund other services in addition to public schools which Lori fails to see or realize. I can't see Lori even caring that people in the FBI, TSA, Border Patrol, and other federal defense agencies may be suffering financially because of the shutdown. 

I notice in Lori's "I-learned-a-new-term-and-it-is-strawman" screed today that she doesn't address the very real issue that the NY law addressed. Incompatibility with life and maternal health. Nobody waits until the last minute to have an abortion for kicks. It is a painful, drawn-out, and expensive process (it is at any point, but especially at later points of pregnancy).

There's your strawman, Lori. Go ahead and knock it down.

Lori maybe you should learn from Keith Green. He may not be alive, but Melody is, and lived through their years of taking people into their home, Including women who were pregnant, unmarried, and would've otherwise thought abortion was the only solution. At least that was the first person they took in. They made a team effort to raise this woman's daughter, who became helpful to Melody later when she was a single mom of 2 babies after Keith's death. And I'm sure there's more stories.

What Lori (always) fails to understand is the nuance and complexity of most women's lives. She continually dismisses legitimate questions as "exceptions" to her one-size-fits all rules.  

The problem with Lori is that instead of God being fitting for every life, she expects women to conform to a very narrow set of rules.  This is not what Spirit-filled lives of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control mean.  We are freed to follow God according to our strengths, talents,. 

Every great person of faith in the Bible made mistakes apart from Jesus.  And even Jesus was "anxious and sad unto the point of death" in Gethsemane.  Emotions are not evil.  

Whatever else one believes, the issue of abortion is complex.  Birth control, abortion, overpopulation, adoption, and yes, even poverty are intertwined in our day and age.  

I consider myself pro-life - but part of it is: in my teens I saw an acquaintance nearly bleed to death after an abortion at a legal clinic.  She is lucky to have survived. I then had a college friend who was raped and chose an abortion because plan B was not available at the time - and she has been more traumatized by that in may ways than the rape.  Having been through these things, I do not like abortion, but I also believe that making it less safe does nothing to alleviate the despair these women felt.  I've listened to many women tell me their stories of abortion, and cried with them; and aimed to simply offer compassion rather than any sort of opinion.  I don't want this kind of trauma for women.

And the indisputable fact is:  When safe avenues are not available, women will seek unsafe alternatives, where the outcomes can likely result in the woman's death as well.  I do not see this as preferable.  

The only way to reduce abortion is to reduce unwanted pregnancies.  

42 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

If Lori's leghumpers are married to government employees, I bet they keep quiet about that detail around Lori's FB or on the chatroom. Lori has gone on anti-government rants quite a bit. A week or two ago, she was saying that the government encourages women to work so they can collect more taxes and further fund the ebil public schools. Yeah, taxes suck, but they fund other services in addition to public schools which Lori fails to see or realize. I can't see Lori even caring that people in the FBI, TSA, Border Patrol, and other federal defense agencies may be suffering financially because of the shutdown. 

Lori probably thinks anyone who would work for the ebil guvmint has it coming, and the wives should have married someone 'better' than that.  

I've been on a Lori break due to a crazy schedule, but nice to see I didn't miss much.

So this NY abortion law has been quite interesting to watch. The crazy conservatives (anyone else watch Greg Locke's rant about it?) are going crazy. Even my husband, who leans way more conservative than I do on things like this, was bought in hook, line and sinker by the rants. Until I pointed out what the actual language said in it.

Lori still refuses to address the issue. Want to bring down the abortion rate? I don't see her taking in any pregnant and desperate women in her gorgeous, spacious home. Didn't Jesus say something about the least of these? Ooops, sorry, that wasn't in Titus....guess it's not relevant.

30 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Bragging about going viral again.  Her real mission once again.

Yep, that's a meek and quiet spirit in action.  

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

Today's post is about how it's OK to berate women about abortion without doing anything else to help the problem. Fundies get very defensive when you ask they why they aren't adopting.

Lori's defense makes me laugh. So it's OK to say you care about the environment while continuing to be wasteful? It's fine to say you care about the poor while wasting your own money on frivolities? If Lori truly cares about babies she would get out of her recliner and help some.

Really, if Lori cared about babies, children, or anyone else I'd eat my hat.

guess my hat is safe.

Lori is one of the most obsessive one-track thinkers I've ever read. She gets on a tear about a topic and she will beat it to death, up to and including waking in the middle of the night to record her racing, obsessive thoughts in a whispery recording for You Tube. I understand reasonable people will disagree about abortion, but for Lori this topic is simply a new obsession and she will try to exert her control by ramming her opinion down our throats. These various "convictions" (no college for women, no abortion in any case, no thong bikinis in Ken's eyesight, etc. ad nauseam) lodge in her mind like a bird trapped in an attic. I've never seen her reach a point where she's said her peace and ceases to browbeat readers on whatever topic du jour she latched onto. No, every opinion is an opportunity to prove she's right and argue her standpoint. I can only imagine how exhausting this trait would be in mother or wife. Keeping the peace would be an exercise in pleasing her and acquiescing to her demands. In her mind, her opinion should be LAW. Except only men should make laws because they are less hysterical than us gals...   

10 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Lovely. Just lovely.1618725415_ScreenShot2019-01-28at4_59_15PM.png.e10c87ffdeccca29802cd9537613811e.png

Dear Ladies, just say outright that the person surrounding the inhabitated uterus didn't matter, that they are only an incubator, esp when giving the baby up. It would be more honest than that pseudo- sweet speek they use there.

18 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Lovely. Just lovely.1618725415_ScreenShot2019-01-28at4_59_15PM.png.e10c87ffdeccca29802cd9537613811e.png

Oh Lori A. I just shake my head and do another eyeroll. See Lori A, my munchkin was the result of an assault. (did I mention I was wearing baggy pants and long sleeve sweater I see you over there Lori A, judging us who wear pants) Guy has been dealt with swiftly and justly. Have I found healing in what happened? I'll be honest, no, not yet. Its a process, its taking time and a lot of counseling. Its taken sleepless nights, tears, talking to my folks and close friends, and not blaming myself. Do I regret munchkin? NO, not at all. I love munchkin with a love that is so deep, fierce that it scares me at times. Not obsessed over munchkin but I love and care about my little one. Oh heck I will make mistakes, and at times say things that will be unkind. However little one knows they are loved deeply, and for who they are.  Will I have to have that tough talk with munchkin? Yes one day, one day I will have to. Not looking forward to it but knowing little one helped save my life, I think that is what will be the most important for my little one.

Someone I follow just posted this on Instagram and obviously it reminded me of Lori. One because it’s a chart written in a notebook :pb_lol: and two because it's written by someone who is a Christian but it‘s the exact opposite of what Lori does and says. She should take note.

C1DBFC8E-B464-47CD-AD40-6588781AC261.jpeg

Lori posted her Daily Mail article to Insta with this caption,

"Made it into the Daily Mail again. I pray it changes some women’s minds to NOT allow their unborn babies be murdered! Link in profile." 

She says she "made it into the DM". That implies that she's aspiring to go viral. As if we didn't already know. Lori like to stir the shit, doesn't she.

She's proud of being in the Daily Mail.  Here's what I found on the Internet:

In February 2017, the English Wikipedia banned the Daily Mail as an "unreliablesource" to use as a reference in Wikipedia. Its use as a reference is now "generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist".

So, she's proud of being in something that even Wikipedia refuses to use as a source.  She's the "Christian" version of the Kardashians.

The best way to get Lori to stop appearing in the media is to post a comment with a screenshot of some of her worst stuff. Especially Ken’s thoughts on incest. He does not want that in rhe media

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Someone I follow just posted this on Instagram and obviously it reminded me of Lori. One because it’s a chart written in a notebook :pb_lol: and two because it's written by someone who is a Christian but it‘s the exact opposite of what Lori does and says. She should take note.

C1DBFC8E-B464-47CD-AD40-6588781AC261.jpeg

My MIL shared this on Facebook after getting into a dust up with me because I stood up to her notion of "most men are wrongfully accused of sexual assault" + other things" Very passive aggressive, my MIL. 

Or you were just mean and totally ignored the whole "love others" bit of the Bible? Again many people can read this and understand it's not talking about nasty flaws but more cute, quirky things like "sometimes has meowing conversations with cats" or things like "beans make me gassy. They don't mean flaws like " I verbally and physically abuse my husband and children".  Is it the most mature form of love and relationships if that's what the entire relationship is based off of? No, but it's an aspect of a relationship. 

Also hope everyone is staying safe in the freezing cold weather! It's like -13 out not and will feel closer to like-50 tomorrow I guess. So that's fun I guess. Hope my car starts, my pipes don't freeze, and my power doesn't shut off 

image.png

Basically, what Lori is saying is that her 20 years of misery is not because she chose wrong, but that her desire to be unconditionally loved was wrong. I find this doodle rather sad.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived