IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

The image in my head of Lori living in a tent and cooking beans over a campfire made me laugh way harder than I likely should have. She'd probably try to boss some other poor homeless mother into making those beans for her and call it "mentoring".

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Based of what Lori has written apparently single women should expect everyone to care for her including married siblings. I can't imagine expecting my younger sister (has a steady BF so she's closer to marriage than I am) to take of me. Nor am I going to burden the church when I'm able to work. 

My brother would be really pissed, if I propose to him in earnest that he now has to take care of me financally. While we help out each other out when needed, neither one of us expects to care for the other while we are able to that ourselves. And living of of wellfare isn't also an option, since they expect me to look for work and take on any job to end being on welfare or they cut your welfare. When I was unemployed the first half of last year, I had an appointment once a month with my caseworker there and prove that I was looking for a new job. But they also gave you help to end unemployment with like paying travel expanses for job interviews, pay a cheap car for the job other expanses with taking on a new job.

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Lori's latest tweet:

"When a woman is pregnant, we need to begin saying she is “with child” as they did in biblical times. Then there would be NO confusion as to what is in her womb - a child."

But what else could be in there? A kitten? A burrito? 

I'm too exhuasted to sort this out. Can someone tell me what she's trying to say?

Well the belly is round when pregnant so I am hoping for a bag of money!

It's another rabid pro life statement from her.  She is assuming that people walk around saying with fetus or some nonsense and therefore you aren't carrying a future child.  She's lost it, I swear.

7 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I've heard of "in a family way", but not "in a mother way". I have never understood why pregnant was a bad word to some people.

True story:  when the pastor of the fundy-lite church I attended in high school announced that “(My wife’s)rabbit died,” I had no clue what he meant.  Then, when people congratulated them after the service, I was even more confused.  “But what about the poor rabbit?”(Fortunately, I didn’t say it, I just thought it. :pb_lol:)

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

animals canconsent Lori that’s why they are protected.

In Lori's world, married women don't need to consent for sex either - and should have no options other than submission and populating the world - she could not possibly  care less about females and their ability to consent or make informed decisions for themselves and their needs.   

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Sarah92 said:

Thank you, it's been tough. Seeing him on a ventilator, sedated was really hard for me because it looked so unnatural. It's probably been the hardest sight for me so far. So I think that's why such a simple, strange comment agitated me if I'm being honest. 

How's your dad feeling now? Hugs to you

12 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Lori's latest tweet:

"When a woman is pregnant, we need to begin saying she is “with child” as they did in biblical times. Then there would be NO confusion as to what is in her womb - a child."

But what else could be in there? A kitten? A burrito? 

I'm too exhuasted to sort this out. Can someone tell me what she's trying to say?

well I guess according to Lori, (insert major sarcasm) a woman could be pregnant with the following: a horse, or dog, dragon, a T-rex, Woody or Buzz Lightyear. When my grandparents were growing up, a pregnant woman was described as being in the family way, OR on the nest. Not sure why back then. When my cousins and myself were having babies, we'd say we were pregnant. Never will understand why Lori (seems to be) thinks saying pregnant is bad...  

Each time I've scrolled past her FB post of the "She is an Asset" blog....I keep reading it as: "She is an Asshat"  :laughing-rofl: 

Why yes, subconscious mind, yes she is.  

On DIL Emily's public facebook page, Emily is complaining on and on about New York's new abortion law. Someone called her out and asked why she didn't adopt ("Don't just talk the talk. Walk"). The person pointed out that Emily is a SAHM with "funds."

Emily got mighty defensive. She asked if the commenter cared about poverty, and if so, whether  volunteered at a food bank.  As though volunteering was such a remote likelihood.

Lori's on there, too. (it's the post from January 20).

One person chimed in that adoption was "really hard." But raising a baby when you are unprepared to do so is easy, of course. Emily -- still very defensive--said she and Steven were going to adopt one day.

16 minutes ago, Hisey said:

On DIL Emily's public facebook page, Emily is complaining on and on about New York's new abortion law. Someone called her out and asked why she didn't adopt ("Don't just talk the talk. Walk"). The person pointed out that Emily is a SAHM with "funds."

Emily got mighty defensive. She asked if the commenter cared about poverty, and if so, whether  volunteered at a food bank.  As though volunteering was such a remote likelihood.

Lori's on there, too. (it's the post from January 20).

One person chimed in that adoption was "really hard." But raising a baby when you are unprepared to do so is easy, of course. Emily -- still very defensive--said she and Steven were going to adopt one day.

I wouldn't want Lori A being my grandmother nor my mother.

Little does she realize Munch's The Scream that she used as the image for today's blog post pretty much depicts how we feel about her!

Why is it that Lori thinks that women who work spend all their money on Starbucks and eating out?

My coffee is made at home.  My food is made at home.  Even my husband's lunches are normally home-cooked leftovers packaged and frozen for the week for him to take in to work with him, as are mine.

I love and support all my family members. My house is clean and tidy.  I listen better because I have had a space where I exist.  I love my work and I love my home and family. 

We eat real vegetables (what are fake vegetables?) and real food (again - fake food?).  We enjoy gardening and in the summer and fall often enjoy things straight from the garden.  I don't have to be a housewife to accomplish these things.  And even if I did buy food once in a while, or have a less than pristine house once in a while, my family would still be well-loved and well cared for.

Lori - you cannot let go of your false dichotomies.  Every woman is given different gifts, interests, and abilities.  We should simply choose the way that creates the most love in your own home.  If it's staying at home, then do that.  If it's working, then do that.  If, like most women's lives, it's an ever changing season of staying home and then working, then do that. 

You yourself had a season of working - until you sabotaged you birth control and lied your way into staying home. That is not love, it is manipulation.  

3 hours ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

well I guess according to Lori, (insert major sarcasm) a woman could be pregnant with the following: a horse, or dog, dragon, a T-rex, Woody or Buzz Lightyear. When my grandparents were growing up, a pregnant woman was described as being in the family way, OR on the nest. Not sure why back then. When my cousins and myself were having babies, we'd say we were pregnant. Never will understand why Lori (seems to be) thinks saying pregnant is bad...  

Lori's just trying to project an image of "godly older woman" to counteract all the sex and boobs she talks about so much of the time, while also being anti-choice. "With child" is old fashioned, so it must be better than the more modern "pregnant". 

My dad says "she's expecting" on the rare occasion he needs to mention a woman being pregnant, and from him I think it's cute and charming. But then, he's not trying to push that on anyone else...

Lori is not smart. She is also not kind, not gracious, not wise, and not a critical thinker. IF she'd actually lived in the olden days she reveres she'd have been that old busybody neighbor woman always peeking out her windows at people and gossiping on the porch while her frustrated maid did all the work in the house. 

Oh, wait. No she wouldn't. Because she might not have survived her many, many illnesses and that brain tumor. But don't trust doctors, you know, eat einkorn bread and slather black salve all over and you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

I wouldn't want Lori A being my grandmother nor my mother.

Gee, I wouldn't even want to stand behind her in the cashier line at the supermarket.

11 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Why is it that Lori thinks that women who work spend all their money on Starbucks and eating out?

My coffee is made at home.  My food is made at home.  Even my husband's lunches are normally home-cooked leftovers packaged and frozen for the week for him to take in to work with him, as are mine.

On weekdays I take a homemade sandwich and some fruit or cut up veggies as snack to work, since I only work 6 hours on weekdays. I eat a selfmade warm dish depending on the shift either at noon before work or at suppertime at home. On the saturdays I work, we mostly order from a cheap good but good delivery service, the most expansive dishes are round about 9 €. But we work for 12 hours on that days and we need something filling to last us trow the day and we find we deserve that special thread on these saturdays. And I don't buy coffee to go, to expansive and to much waste. We have a piggybank at work, where the tipps go into and a coffeemaker. The money pays for the coffee and the milk needed for our caffeine boost.

I swear she’s recycling those handwritten posts- I know I’ve seen this one before. 

And can someone tell me what stores Flicka frequents? 

DB109018-D8D1-4BB7-849B-27B9C8BD67C2.png

Once again, I'd like to point out that if you click on the profile of one of Lori's recently  more regular commentators, you will be sent down a rabbit hole of white supremacy and League of the South membership

"Many stores have music that troubles my soul." LOL!

Is she shopping in Hot Topic?

The gas station this morning was playing "Don't you forget about me" by Simple Minds. Totally brightened up my morning. My sisters and I went to an antique shop recently that were playing 80's music over the speakers, and we sang our way through the store (not obnoxiously, I promise). Unless it's a song I actively hate or really love, I rarely notice music in stores. It's just there, in the background.

I think I'll listen to some Marilyn Manson in the car on the way home tonight and think of how poor Flicka's soul would be troubled.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, EowynW said:

Yep. I married someone that was raised just like me. We left fundiedom when we got married. 2 1/2 years ago.  We are starting at the bottom. A 'what if' is a very real fear that lurks in the shadows for both of us. Atleast we are aware of reality and are scrambling to climb up, unlike a lot of our peers still stuck in that system. 

Kudos to you and your spouse. I see some of the young people I know who left fundiedom who are working their tails off, in the face of the handicaps their parents imposed on them by the parents' choices and philosophy. I see others pissing their lives away with drugs and alcohol and partying, and I'm so grieved at the waste, and at their despair that they are not equipped to live independently. (I know, kids raised outside of fundiedom also do this, but it really hurts to see the kids who grew up with my kids who apparently have no hope for anything better.)

Anyhow, hats off to you. You have my sincere respect.

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

On another post, she’s lamenting the fact women use IUD’s or BC pills because they can be “life ending”. How about you refrain from putting your convictions on others and stay out of any uterus not your own. 

46 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

The gas station this morning was playing "Don't you forget about me" by Simple Minds. Totally brightened up my morning. 

Totally singing that in my office now! 

@Coconut Flan,  I need a Folger's Coffee can from Ralph's for that day when I shuffle off this mortal coil to put my ashes in.  Hopefully that won't be for another 40 years or so when I'll be past 100.  If a Folger's can is good enough for Donnie's ashes, it's good enough for mine!

I bought myself a Kitchen-Aid K5A about 20 years ago with some money I got after my dad died.  It was on sale at Macy's so I got it for a good price.  I think he'd be pleased that I use it when I bake.  My Cuisinart was a Christmas gift from my husband and it was also on sale at Macy's.  My big kitchen wish right now would be a Le Creuset enameled cast iron dutch oven (7.25 quart) but those are so expensive.  That, or a Mr Cen wok.  Those are the creme de la creme of woks and they're beautiful!  They were hand-hammered in Shanghai, but the Cen brothers closed up shop last year.  The Chinese government needs to set up some of these artisans that practice traditional skills in a workshop so they can teach their skills to young apprentices so they are not lost.  I'll just have to settle for a carbon-steel wok from The Wok Shop and a cheaper dutch oven.  If I should ever get a Le Creuset, it would be passed down to one of my daughters and a Mr Cen wok would go to one of my granddaughters.  (Actually I'd love two Mr Cen woks:  one for each of my Chinese granddaughters.)

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

Emily is militant on ending abortion rights. That's the entire reason she was in law school - she planned a career in legal maneuvering to end women's rights. She and her sisters are the definition of single issue voters. Lori's stridency has ratcheted up since Emily rolled into dodge. She and her orthodontist husband (put that in your pipe and suck it, fangirls, who shouldn't aspire to education or marrying educated men) hold prayer sessions at their house about ending abortion. She recently posted about abortion being the reason all Christians should vote and Lori agreed! Never mind, the godly mentor also says that women shouldn't have voting rights. I could be wrong, but what I see if the typical obsession with fetuses, just not so much with the human beings once here and in need of help. 

2 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I love and support all my family members. My house is clean and tidy.  I listen better because I have had a space where I exist.  I love my work and I love my home and family. 

We eat real vegetables (what are fake vegetables?) and real food (again - fake food?).  We enjoy gardening and in the summer and fall often enjoy things straight from the garden.  I don't have to be a housewife to accomplish these things. 

We are living parallel lives.  I've worked by whole life, I take care of my family, I garden, sew, bake, cook every night (but for once or twice a month as a treat and then its inexpensive like pizza or something....but honestly I like my homemade pizza better that any of our local places ).... I pack the lunches for school and work every morning, feed the cats, do the laundry, and start each day with coffee made in my own coffee pot.  I also have a deep faith and am active at my church. 

BUT you @AuntKrazy  nor am I nor are any of the other working women here the exception. It's just what we do. We figured out how to manage our lives.  We aren't perfect, but we show up and do our best every day.   And that is also true for SAHMs. They are doing their best.   We SHOW UP no matter what path we have chosen/are called to.  Lori always says "the exception doesn't negate the rule."  Well the same is true for working moms.  I don't know any working moms (I work at the hospital, so its very female dominated) who resemble the picture Lori paints of working women as being selfish, vain, only designer clothes, eating out, not cooking, not caring for their families, etc. NOT ONE. So if she knows, one it's the exception, not the rule. 

I HATE HATE HATE how Lori paints everyone with a broad brush.  Just because she says it, doesn't make it so. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived