IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

We also have to consider that JD had Josh in his wedding because he parents made him.  We all do things we don't like even as adults because it is just easier and keeps family drama to a minimum. There would have been so much talk with Josh NOT being in the wedding that Boob made sure JD included him in the wedding?  Josh was in Joe & Josiah's weddings as well, was it be force or because they have forgiven him?  He's been in all the brother's weddings and Jill's, I can't remember if he was in Jessa's, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Joy or Jinger's.

Josh was not in Jill’s wedding party. He acted as the MC during the rehearsal dinner. I think he may have done the same for Jessa’s wedding. But none of the sisters married so far have included him in the actual wedding parties, likely because their (now) husbands opted not to. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Josh was not in Jill’s wedding party. He acted as the MC during the rehearsal dinner. I think he may have done the same for Jessa’s wedding. But none of the sisters married so far have included him in the actual wedding parties, likely because their (now) husbands opted not to. 

I still wonder if Ben and DD knew about the molestations before their courtships, engagements and weddings.

Josh is still their brother and son. Just because he is not filmed does not mean they have repudiated  him or despise him. IF that happened Anna and the children would be largely Separated from the main family and that’s not an option.

The spouses  OTOH know the history  and would not necessarily have the same family  feeling and it would be bizarre if they just accepted him with open arms. They probably don’t even want to be around him.  I imagine it either becomes a compromise about having Josh around or the non Duggar husbands use their headship prerogative to keep him at arms length as much as possible. 

Other theories aside  JD most likely wanted him in the wedding and either  Abby did not care or did not have a choice. She is prepared to submit we know now. 

@VelociRapture Thanks, for some reason I thought he was in Jill's wedding, This makes me wonder even more now if JB didn't make sure that the brothers had Josh as part of their wedding party. It isn't as big a deal if the BIL's don't ask, but all the BIL's had at least one brother in their wedding party, just not Josh.

I have no issue with him including Josh, I believe he meant what he said about him on Counting On but he is still his brother and the one he probably was closest to at points growing up. 

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Cold waffles? And cereal at a wedding?

That doesn't sound as good as the breakfast buffet I was imagining. :pb_lol:

I'm picturing people picking up little boxes of cereal (remember getting multi packs of different little boxes of cereal and you can cut on the perforated lines to open the box and use it as your bowl?)   and little cartons of milk like school kids get.   And don't forget your plastic spoon!

7 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

and little cartons of milk like school kids get.   And don't forget your plastic spoon!

One of the photos showed a bunch of little chocolate milks like you'd get in school and plastic silverware on the table so you're not wrong. 

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

One of the photos showed a bunch of little chocolate milks like you'd get in school and plastic silverware on the table so you're not wrong. 

I was hoping to Rufus that I was wrong.   But then again, the event involved Duggars in a big way.   Sigh...............

I agree that including Josh in the wedding party was simply the easiest way to avoid family conflicts (no need for additional drama on your wedding day)*. Loling at the thought of Josh putting on his sunglasses, as if we would not recognize him like that on camera. 

It would also be very telling if Derick was asked(?) not to attend the wedding. How would that work? Would the producers of CO let him know they would prefer him not to be there? That must have made for some awkward conversation in the Dillard home. I'm also surprised because Jill seems to be so clingy and she would not be able to show everybody that Derick is #besthubbyever. And no dipping and kissing in the aisle! I admit I used to feel a bit lonely whenever going to an event only couples attended and I was the only one showing up without my partner. But, you know, you just grow up and stop thinking about silly stuff like that. Jill has not yet reached that maturity, I suspect.

*Not likely we will ever find out the real reason, though. Just my idle speculation.

1 minute ago, DillyDally said:

I agree that including Josh in the wedding party was simply the easiest way to avoid family conflicts (no need for additional drama on your wedding day)*. Loling at the thought of Josh putting on his sunglasses, as if we would not recognize him like that on camera. 

It would also be very telling if Derick was asked(?) not to attend the wedding. How would that work? Would the producers of CO let him know they would prefer him not to be there? That must have made for some awkward conversation in the Dillard home. I'm also surprised because Jill seems to be so clingy and she would not be able to show everybody that Derick is #besthubbyever. And no dipping and kissing in the aisle! I admit I used to feel a bit lonely whenever going to an event only couples attended and I was the only one showing up without my partner. But, you know, you just grow up and stop thinking about silly stuff like that. Jill has not yet reached that maturity, I suspect.

*Not likely we will ever find out the real reason, though. Just my idle speculation.

If they get paid for being on the show, even if they asked him to stay away he may have told her to go for the money.

Seems silly to tell him to stay away though, if they did, when they can just edit him out.  There are a lot of Duggars and they only have so much time.

If I were TLC I'd spend 90% of camera time mocking cold cereal and milk boxes.  

If Josh with his various transgressions has been allowed back into the fold, and if DD has been banned, that would reallllllllllllllly make me wonder what DD has done. 

Barring major illness, deployment or death, I cannot imagine my spouse not attending the local wedding of my sibling. WTH kind of eff'd up dysfunction, beyond what we already know, is going on with the Duggars and those associated (Family)????

Josh doesn't directly battle with TLC on social media like D though. Derick takes shots at TLC (and indirectly at JB and the rest for being on TLC) all the time. 

3 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Josh doesn't directly battle with TLC on social media like D though. Derick takes shots at TLC (and indirectly at JB and the rest for being on TLC) all the time. 

Well taking shots at TLC is certainly on the moral highground compared to who Josh is.

I'm curious, what has he said?  I know he said some stuff about the show starting that Jazz kid, was there more?

I clearly need a distraction at the moment ... but I am curious as to what he is saying, even indirectly, about JB.

I just assumed JB is the hand that feeds him and his family, but I have no idea and it's none of my business.  

@HerNameIsBuffy He has accused TLC of airing filth and hopes the show would be moved to UP. He has complained that TLC did not help out with Sam's medical bills. He has said he was a volunteer on the show, not a paid participant in it...which lead people to wonder if JB takes all the money from the show in one big trust. Those are a few.

I just mean Josh has been hiding in the background for a while and TLC/ the fam has seemingly become good at ignoring and editing him out...while Derick has a twitter trigger finger and seems to want to court controversy esp. with the network. 

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Maybe Derrick just couldn't get away, school stuff, it's very likely.

First year law stuff would get in the way of a 2 hour Saturday afternoon "family" wedding? How is he parenting or functioning as a husband? He's not a neurosurgeon or POTUS.

Maybe Jill went early (to OK) and he had tests on Friday? I don't know, but just throwing out plausible options. I think he's a total d-bag, don't get me wrong.

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

In Sweden medical personnel can not opt out and claim religious grounds. There is a case now where a religious midwife that refuses to do abortions, administer the morning after pill or assist in putting in IUD’s are trying to sue since she didn’t get a job because of that. She is backed by christian lobbyists from other countries and they are bringing it up to the European Court to try to change the laws in Sweden. 

Since it’s not actually a human right to be a midwife I really, really hope they lose. 

That is why I am glad this girl just decided to drop her studies rather than push her belief on others.

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

At the risk of making myself gag (I deleted the pic from the quote), I'm not sure how (which body parts involved) that is made... 

It's his back and upper arms. The dot above is his icky sweaty head.

I understand being proud of himself because I have heard CrossFit is brutal, but this is ALL THE TIME. like every other day: sweat angel picture.

Under the spoiler is an example. The mostly white, blurred out ones are him announcing openings in his schedule (he's a massage therapist).

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-11-05-23-50-05_kindlephoto-200402459.thumb.png.ed9a589e79c59654d54dbbd03f66e09a.png

STOPPIT, MAN. FOR THE LOVE OF THOR.

20 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

just noting it wasn't local so it makes more sense that he might not be able to come

But wasn't it just over the state line? We're not talking about big states and 20 hour drives. Plus, the Duggars have planes.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived