IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

Regarding Josh... he is forgiven. We know what he did is shitty but we also know how they feel about the molestation/s, they have forgiven him (and after 16 years thats really no surprise, it just feels more recent to us). Then I am going to say that by now, in their eyes he has sufficiently repented for cheating on his wife and humiliating her publicly. Mason is the proof in that pudding. Look at how their posts about him have changed over the last four years. I AM a little surprised John wanted him there because he seemed to truly be hurt by it but John is in a love bubble right now. I am glad he had Joe for best man though and not Josh. Also WTF Derek? Jill brings a lot of shit onto her own head but i feel bad for her. Izzy was page boy wasnt he? Ugh. Why not have her do a video with Jana too, she is the only married sibling that didnt do one.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Josh doesn't directly battle with TLC on social media like D though. Derick takes shots at TLC (and indirectly at JB and the rest for being on TLC) all the time. 

Can you make texts from a circa 2000 flip phone of shame????

Just now, SassyPants said:

Can you make texts from a circa 2000 flip phone of shame????

Yes, actually! You have to hit numbers multiple times to get letters, so it takes forever, but is possible. 

My dad has a flip phone - he's a mechanic and touch screens don't work well with his calloused hands, and all he does is use it as a phone. But once we all, 14 of us, at intervals of 5 minutes, texted the one missing cousin to wish him happy thanksgiving. Dads text took the longest. 

Just now, Alisamer said:

Yes, actually! You have to hit numbers multiple times to get letters, so it takes forever, but is possible. 

My dad has a flip phone - he's a mechanic and touch screens don't work well with his calloused hands, and all he does is use it as a phone. But once we all, 14 of us, at intervals of 5 minutes, texted the one missing cousin to wish him happy thanksgiving. Dads text took the longest. 

My husband uses a flip phone. He wanted me to answer a text for him in the car Sunday when he was driving. I answered it on my phone. No way I'm spending 20 minutes on a flip phone to send a message. 

Anna did say about a month ago maybe (? not too much longer than that, anyway) that she was not pregnant. She may have become pregnant since then, but she'd be pretty early on.

I've been waiting for these awkward congrats videos! Honestly, they all look fantastic. Joy is really blossoming. Michelle looks great besides the fact that she looks like she's dressed to go to the county fair. :pb_lol: 

Josh and Anna confirming that John and Abbie will be living in Arkansas. Also bringing the cringe. Anna goes, "We're looking forward to.... " and Josh chimes in, "Looking forward!" And then he goes, "You know, it's been ten years since our wedding." Yes, and how many things have happened... ?‍♀️

Jessa and Ben are exactly the same except that Ben's beard has grown two sizes.

Sigh ... here we go again.

If someone isn't perfectly slender or underweight there must be a reason and if a Duggar a possible pregnancy.  Even if that woman has had 5 children in fairly quick succession if she isn't tiny it's a free for all on speculation about her body.

People joke on here sometimes about an FJ con, totally unrealistic but jokes about how fun it would be to get together in person.  Good thing it's hypothetical because not in a million years would I voluntarily meet up with women so fixated on critiquing other women's bodies where any variant from perfectly thin is reason to judge.

Yes, I know there are those rolling their eyes that I keep posting this but as long as it keeps happening I'm going to point it out when I see it.  I must be one of the very few FJ members who has physical imperfections and so I don't feel the right to scrutinize other women's bodies.

44 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My husband uses a flip phone. He wanted me to answer a text for him in the car Sunday when he was driving. I answered it on my phone. No way I'm spending 20 minutes on a flip phone to send a message. 

I am older, though I have had my Iphone for awhile now. I bet I could still pick up my old nokia and speed text without looking the way i used too. I used to be able to text and send messages without looking and have them be accurate. no way i can do that on my iphone stupid predictive text changing my fucks to ducks 

My boyfriend wants a flip phone. I tell him he can’t have one because half our text conversations are silly gifs that probably wouldn’t work on one. ?

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If Josh with his various transgressions has been allowed back into the fold, and if DD has been banned, that would reallllllllllllllly make me wonder what DD has done. 

Barring major illness, deployment or death, I cannot imagine my spouse not attending the local wedding of my sibling. WTH kind of eff'd up dysfunction, beyond what we already know, is going on with the Duggars and those associated (Family)????

Derick basically exposed the family as big hypocrites that have sell out for money. They are ok taking money from TLC despite them having shows that go against their religious principles.

To us this doesnt seem such a big deal because we dont actually see anything wrong with the Jazz show, but the people who do are the same people Jim Bob shares his beliefs with and goes to church with and more important has to sell his books and conferences to. I bet he is really angry with Derick for damaging his credibility, and i think Jill is lucky that she is his favorite child or she would be shunned too.

After watching the videos:

- Anna looks pregnant. The shot was very obviously cropped mid-bump.

- Josh looked bald, fat, and sweaty.

- Austin was a groomsman. Interesting that he was in the wedding but Joy wasn’t. I guess Abbie picked the bridesmaids and she only felt close to Jana.

- I’ve never seen Jana so happy.

- @FrozenSmile, did Michelle actually wear that outfit to the wedding? Please tell me she had changed into something more casual before she did the video.

- Nothing from Jill or the unmarried kids (other than Jana). I guess TLC made the videos, and they’re not featured on Counting On.

44 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I am older, though I have had my Iphone for awhile now. I bet I could still pick up my old nokia and speed text without looking the way i used too. I used to be able to text and send messages without looking and have them be accurate. no way i can do that on my iphone stupid predictive text changing my fucks to ducks 

He cannot do it with any speed whatsoever. He only started using texting at all in the last year or so as he has had to for work a bit. That made him start answering my texts which he never had before (not an issue as I knew he wouldn't--so I just used it to let him know something I didn't need a response about). He will be trying to tell his uncle one thing and spend 15 minutes on one text. 

And we are Gen Xers--so it's not like he is an old Silent Gen person trying to catch up with technology. And he is also several years younger than me. He is just a Luddite. 

49 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I used to be able to text and send messages without looking and have them be accurate. no way i can do that on my iphone stupid predictive text changing my fucks to ducks 

Turn that predictive text shit OFF. It's ridiculous and I hate it.

5 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

He cannot do it with any speed whatsoever. He only started using texting at all in the last year or so as he has had to for work a bit. That made him start answering my texts which he never had before (not an issue as I knew he wouldn't--so I just used it to let him know something I didn't need a response about). He will be trying to tell his uncle one thing and spend 15 minutes on one text. 

And we are Gen Xers--so it's not like he is an old Silent Gen person trying to catch up with technology. And he is also several years younger than me. He is just a Luddite. 

I am a xennial the blessed blending of x gens and millenials. Analogue  childhood, digital adulthood. 

Pity flip phones don't have the talk to text option

I think Jana is genuinely elated for JD and Abbie, which is sweet. I also noticed her voice crack a little and she looked a little emotional. I’m sure it’s hard seeing your twin leave after being together for 28 years. 

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

After watching the videos:

- Anna looks pregnant. The shot was very obviously cropped mid-bump.

- Josh looked bald, fat, and sweaty.

- Austin was a groomsman. Interesting that he was in the wedding but Joy wasn’t. I guess Abbie picked the bridesmaids and she only felt close to Jana.

- I’ve never seen Jana so happy.

- @FrozenSmile, did Michelle actually wear that outfit to the wedding? Please tell me she had changed into something more casual before she did the video.

- Nothing from Jill or the unmarried kids (other than Jana). I guess TLC made the videos, and they’re not featured on Counting On.

No, she must have put that on after the pictures.

17 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Jana looked like she was trying not to cry during the whole video. 

PSX_20181106_222854.jpg

Please tell met that is just a random back drop not an actual set up. I never iron but I cant tell you how that back drop irks me.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think Austin was picked because he’s good friends with JD. I recall them saying it in various episodes. 

I think Abbie probably had more interactions with Jana since the other girls are busy with their families. I bet Jana probably had a number of chaperoning duties as well. 

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think Austin was picked because he’s good friends with JD. I recall them saying it in various episodes. 

I think Abbie probably had more interactions with Jana since the other girls are busy with their families. I bet Jana probably had a number of chaperoning duties as well. 

Good points

Also there may have been some obligation/expectation to have a duggar daughter and Jana was the natural and most convenient pick

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Good thing it's hypothetical because not in a million years would I voluntarily meet up with women so fixated on critiquing other women's bodies where any variant from perfectly thin is reason to judge.

Yes, how dare anyone say that a woman - who is solely famous for the cult she voluntarily lives in, which advocates for constant pregnancy - might be pregnant, even when she clearly looks pregnant.

I celebrate variation in body type. I regularly fluctuate between 20-30lbs. I think Anna is beautiful. I also think that she looks pregnant. If she's not pregnant, that's totally cool too (actually, it's preferable). 

38 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Jana looked like she was trying not to cry during the whole video. 

PSX_20181106_222854.jpg

Her face did, but her voice really held strong. I was expecting, based on what she looked like, that she would break down, but she didn't. She's the real deal!

3 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

What you can’t see in the picture: the rest of the dress is form-fitting, around-knee length. My first reaction when i saw her was that she looked pregnant...but she also has 5 kids, so maybe it’s that. I guess we’ll see - Mason is 14 months old.

They sang a duet during the ceremony. She has a lovely voice, he was ok but obviously nervous. She wore a floor length pink dress with lots of rouching (i probably spelled that wrong). 

Don't we only see tight stuff when they are pregnant? It is like their "modesty" standards go out the window when they want to show of their fruitfullness.

Five babies yep that may be all it is and she may not be pregnant. I give her props she looks fab after five babies and being married to that fuck knuckle. I don't even look that good after one. 

Wtf do all these girls do with their bridesmaid dresses? It's not like they go to balls or formal dinners or the races.

lucky they have a big house, I am picturing a 27 dresses kind of moment getting the closet closed.

Ok who wants to work out for funsies which fundie maiden has been a bridesmaid the most?

It has to be Jana right?

24 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Five babies yep that may be all it is and she may not be pregnant. I give her props she looks fab after five babies and being married to that fuck knuckle. I don't even look that good after one. 

Hahahaha fuck knuckle. We really have the best terms to describe people dont we! Joshie, Fuck Knuckle it is from here on in!

ALSO, i agree, think Anna looks great and if she is pregnant well we will find out soon enough. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived