IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

19 hours ago, Bethella said:

John Shrader has a private license for single-engine.

But his plane still doesn't have any wings! :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, viii said:

You don't have to fly abroad to be a part of the mission's field.  

This sign is at the parking lot exit of a liberal Presbyterian church in my town. 

Spoiler

20170607_003949.thumb.jpg.1b761482f32581983d2d629ec48c6ded.jpg

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed Jana's video, she seemed genuinely excited for JD.   I don't relate to Jana very often, but that came across as a bit more raw.   I am the oldest (and a girl) of a mega sized family.  I have a special relationship with all my brothers and sisters as their second mom.  It's  something I thought I would post about often, being able to share that perspective.  In truth, because it is so sincere for me, because it defines so many faucets of my life,   I find it too private to share.

Anyways, even with my experience, I  still find Jana a total enigma and never quite know what to make of this life she has.  I find myself searching her face and her words often for clues. In this video, I do think she was super happy for her twin.

Hahaha we’ve discussed inappropriate ads on fj in other threads but I can’t help but chuckle over the one I’ve got at the moment.

849370CA-80E8-4998-ABC0-899108BC3BBC.thumb.jpeg.9dc179f32872877d325ac6325e2a7beb.jpeg

(Adding a disclaimer that I am not implying that anyone in the Dugger family is gay, just that they would not be happy with a gay friendly wedding ad being on the same page as their wedding discussion!)

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I agree with this notion. There is no way that ALL of JB's ridiculous, covered in a 50 page questionnaire courting rules were going to fly with Jeremy or Abbie, who have both successfully and independently navigated the real world.  No way...and the easy out was JB's often mentioned, "the couples get to determine their own courtship rules." 

Agreed. It also seems that much of the more stringent courtship rules were pushed by Michelle. She’s the one who freaked when Jill and Derrick hugged, or Jessa and Ben held hands in a prayer circle. J.B. really didn’t seem to care. I think J.B. might have tried to push some with Jeremy, but they clearly don’t care much for each other, or didn’t at first. 

But I’m of the opinion that Michelle is by far the driving force in their fundamentalist lifestyle, in particular the courtship / purity obsession. You just can’t pull that crap to the same degree with full on adults.

But wasn't it just over the state line? We're not talking about big states and 20 hour drives. Plus, the Duggars have planes.
It's a 3 - 4 hour drive to Abbie's part of Oklahoma.

I think you're all seeing something different in the Jana congratulatory video than me. To me, she comes off as being on the verge of tears, forcing enthusiasm to hide her emotions. Am I the only one seeing that?

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

I think you're all seeing something different in the Jana congratulatory video than me. To me, she comes off as being on the verge of tears, forcing enthusiasm to hide her emotions. Am I the only one seeing that?

I agree with this, it seemed to me that she was trying not to cry.

I thought Abbie and her bridesmaids looked lovely and put together.  Even footwear looked to have been coordinated, with the exception of Jana who did not have appropriate shoes.

Look forward to seeing more pictures of the entire wedding party.

I can’t access the US magazine site so whoever posted the photos, thank you.

Those are pretty dresses. 

Abbie and her sisters all look SO alike!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived