IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She hasn’t said anything that alarms me just yet. Like I said, she’s been relatively vague and supportive in the few comments she has made and I respect that. It’s the timing of these latest posts that bothers me a bit though. The reception was still going on when she posted. I don’t know... maybe I’m just weird, but it just seemed odd to me that she’d choose to share information before the wedding was even over. 

I love the idea of a breakfast buffet at a wedding. I’ve never been to one, so I could be completely wrong - but I’m visualising an enormous table (mega grazing platter) of pancakes, hash browns, waffles, yoghurts, fresh fruit salad and danishes. And coffee. Lots of coffee. Yuuuum. 

In reality it was probably different to this, but I loooove breakfast so I’m going with my dream brunch.

D5C55332-A2D6-4083-A04F-5B63718D5F2A.jpeg

17 minutes ago, adidas said:

I love the idea of a breakfast buffet at a wedding. I’ve never been to one, so I could be completely wrong - but I’m visualising an enormous table (mega grazing platter) of pancakes, hash browns, waffles, yoghurts, fresh fruit salad and danishes. And coffee. Lots of coffee. Yuuuum. 

In reality it was probably different to this, but I loooove breakfast so I’m going with my dream brunch.

D5C55332-A2D6-4083-A04F-5B63718D5F2A.jpeg

Oooooo, that looks delicious!  But, I'm going to need the breakfast meats. At least one; bacon or ham or sausage ( apple-chicken preferred).  If they did hashbrowns and home fries? I'd be so happy. So many options, all good.

It's been respectful to this point. Not like pics got released or an obscene number of details. And just because the reception might have still been going at that time doesn't mean the couple themselves didn't leave early ala Joystin. For all the times we've wished for an insider and now we sorta have one, who knows how to conduct themselves in a responsible manner to still maintain Duggar privacy. I'm going with let it be.

Abbie's dress looks great, still think she/JD/Jana look too much alike. Anyone got the snapshots from Joy/Jeremy/Jessa etc?

I never said anything snarky about them, but i do understand wondering about my motivations. That’s easy, actually. I like it here. I like seeing what other people think about them. Sometimes i agree with what is said, sometimes i don’t. 

I am not close to them, not even a little bit, so i’m always surprised when i get an invite. They are courteous enough to invite me, i respected their wishes with regards to pictures (which apparently not everyone did, since there are pics floating around), and i like the people here so i came & shared that it was a beautiful wedding. I think it would be different if i came here & started snarking on them, but i didn’t. As for the timing, the wedding had been over for quite a while before i posted anything. I don’t know how long the reception lasted because i didn’t stay for it. They could still be partying at the Ada airport!

wow, looks like John maybe lost weight for the wedding? either he's a little slimmer or he's just so happy, but he actually looks young in the released pic! I always thought he looked older, like mid 30s, but he looks like a 20-something again! 

I'm not gonna lie, I would like all the details!  Not necessarily to be mean about it either. Like how I would ask a friend ( and visa versa) who went to a wedding that I couldn't but would if I could.  It's the internet aspect is all, that's what feels a bit icky and OP was respectful considering that, imo.  In reality, I'm wanting to collectively get our beverages of choice and listen!  I do love tea. ?

Any news on the wedding party?  I just noticed that JD is wearing an actual tux, not a suit, is that a Duggar 1st? Haven't the men worn suits in all the other weddings? 

I hope now that JD is married and Abbie is a nurse l, he pursues his commercial pilot dream. It is possible to do that and have a family! 

Alyssa faked me out! I thought she was driving to the John/Abbie wedding when she posted but really she was heading to the John/Campbell wedding. So probably Carlin, Alyssa and Josie are the ones that went to that wedding. And the rest went to the other? I guess we will see.

I'm on the roadwith patchy internet, but chiming in to say that Abby's dress seems to suit her, is really pretty, and doesn't look altered. The scoop neck is such a pretty option for a modern modest wedding look. She's covered, yet ther countenance is nicely framed, rather than it looking like the bride is being strangled in whit fabric.

Anyhow, congrats to these cuties. I hope they don't disappoint us on social media with their shitty beliefs anytime soon.

Waiting hungrily for more details on this breakfast buffet! I love that idea, there are so many delicious breakfast foods!!

I would to image there was someone there making fresh omelettes with various toppings to request 

The Johnandabbie hashtag on instagram has a post from ‘barefootbrunette19’ that includes Ashley salyer, Lawson and Nathan, and Samuel Dillard. It looks like Nathan may have been a groomsmen 

I was just coming here to post that @misguidedghost :) It'a posted to tumblr now  as well - Nathan has on a blush colored tie. Ashley Salyer needs to leave the blue crushed velvet dress back in the 90's where it belongs. She's such a cute girl but yuck.

A nursing group also posted a photo from the event but just the guests at that particular table. They indicate it's from the Duggar/Burnett wedding. If you look towards the back though there's a girl who looks a bit like Hannie.

I really like Abbie's dress. Actually interested in seeing this wedding special.

So is US Weekly the Duggar go to now instead of People?

My friends: Hey we're going to go watch SNL wanna stay?

Me: I actually have to wake up to go to church at 7:30 so I gotta go home soon (which is true) but truly I went home early to come online to see photos of Jabbie and have not be disappointed. I love that she kept her curls!!

BTW for those wondering if breakfast buffet weddings are a thing... yes!! I don't know if it's an Okie trend but I have been to several Oklahoma weddings in the last few years serving a breakfast buffet. And I loved all of them. lol. Some of them were in the morning (10:30 or 11 am ceremony) and some were around lunchtime/early afternoon like this. None in the evening that I recall. 

ETA: all the wedding funders liked that breakfast buffets are cheap and filling. 

I’m in the camp that @FrozenSmile‘s comments didn’t cross any lines. They were pretty well just “the dress was pretty, he was happy”. Nothing salacious or gossipy in that, regardless of timing or closeness to the family. I hope they feel comfortable posting here and staying within what they feel they can say in good conscience.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived