IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I guess JD is over hating or being angry Josh if he ever did in the first place. There is certainly no shunning going on. 

I think John was very genuine in how he felt about Josh in the first Counting On show. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like literally no one asked, but if you're curious, grody sweat angel under the spoiler.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-11-05-23-50-56_kindlephoto-202665164.thumb.png.a61f26c273fa94e2d97b9b9f29084368.png

Notice I did not heart it. Nasty. 

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

. May I ask: Why the hate for cold waffles? If you use a good recipe they taste great warm and cold, same goes for pancakes (but what we call pancake is definitely a different dough than American pancakes). 

I was wondering the same thing! We just got back from Japan about 2 weeks ago and most of the convenience stores sold these little factory packaged pancakes or waffle sandwiches with butter and syrup in the middle. They were served room temp. off the shelf and my kids loved them. I thought they were pretty good too.

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I am sure they stand no chance. It would be ridiculous enough if the suit gets accepted. I want to believe that Europe doesn’t give in to religious nut jobs.

Sadly I think you have too much faith in Europe. Many countries have very restrictive abortion laws, abortion is forbidden in a few countries, even if there is a danger for the womans life and in more then one country woman can be jailed for having an abortion. Many countries also have laws that let medical personnel refuse to participate in abortions on grounds of religion. 

Women have died in Europe because doctors have refused to preform abortions. I don’t think those doctors should have the right to call themselves doctors and I am scared that right wing winds are blowing all over Europe at the moment. 

I think the only medical procedure that doctors are allowed to refuse here (the Netherlands) is euthanasia, but there have been discussions about that too. 

50 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I think the only medical procedure that doctors are allowed to refuse here (the Netherlands) is euthanasia, but there have been discussions about that too. 

I just looked it up, doctors here are allowed to refuse euthanasia, but when they do, they are obligated to inform the patient about other possibilities, such as referring them to a doctor who is willing to perform euthanasia.
As far as I know, this is indeed the only medical procedure that doctors are allowed to refuse. If a medical practitioner refuses certain procedures on religious or other personal grounds they can lose their licenses.

On 11/4/2018 at 3:16 PM, SassyPants said:

I have a really good friend who wanted 7 kids (in her words, a circus to entertain). She married a man who is very religious and gave up her lucrative career to be at home FT. She had 3 kids in the first 3.5 years of marriage. She waited a couple of years and had 1 more before proclaiming, "4 kids is a lot of kids." Her last and final child, #4, is in college. LOL

Haha I had a close friend tell my post partum depression self "having a baby is no big deal, I don't know why people talk about kids like they're soooo much work. We already decided we want 7 back to back, ya know just get it all done at once." Fast foreword 2 years they have baby number one and don't even want to discuss number2 for minimum 3 more years lol. She actually apologized for saying that when her son was about 3 weeks old!

On 11/4/2018 at 8:43 PM, Cheetah said:

All that talk about Jessa's cardigan and no one else thought maybe it was there to cover up a baby bump?  Just a thought.  

Damn fj we're losing our touch if it doesn't took this long to draw a pregnancy speculation :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I think John was very genuine in how he felt about Josh in the first Counting On show. 

I think that their faith makes them "forgive" even if they really don't. They at least have to appear to forgive them as Jesus would. There's something about if you can't forgive the sins of others than you yourself can't be forgiven by god either IIRC.

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Haha I had a close friend tell my post partum depression self "having a baby is no big deal, I don't know why people talk about kids like they're soooo much work. We already decided we want 7 back to back, ya know just get it all done at once."

I can't imagine saying that having no kids.

I would love to have a bigger family (4 or 5 kids, that is very big here ? ) but since I have none yet I am not saying I will, I will probably decide once I have kids how many more I can take. Also, I might be getting to old to still get 5 kids ?

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

I can't imagine saying that having no kids.

I would love to have a bigger family (4 or 5 kids, that is very big here ? ) but since I have none yet I am not saying I will, I will probably decide once I have kids how many more I can take. Also, I might be getting to old to still get 5 kids ?

Yeah it was a pretty ballsy statement in my mind especially to say to someone with a newborn lol we want 3-4 (fairly normal amount in my area) but I'd still not go around making proclamations about how easy it is! 

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

I think that their faith makes them "forgive" even if they really don't. They at least have to appear to forgive them as Jesus would. There's something about if you can't forgive the sins of others than you yourself can't be forgiven by god either IIRC.

That, and realistically, I think a lot of it comes down to personality and the total of your experiences with the person. If you’re a fairly laid back, forgiving person by nature - just being around someone you grew up with, see at family functions, have lots of good memories and shared experiences to go with the bad — you’re likely to at least partially forgive and get along with over time. Even when they do really, really awful things. Other people, in the same family, with the same background experiences, might decide they don’t want that person around. Period. They may have superficial interactions to keep the peace, but not intentionally interact, for their own well-being. Both are perfectly valid. I really notice this in my family - how people react to major fuck-ups by someone, over-time, has more to do with their own way of handling stress / personality, than anything else. Of course the Duggar’s are forced to put on an extra sweet face, due to both religion and cameras. But I doubt JD would be pressured to have Josh in the wedding party if he didn’t want him there.

3 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Yeah it was a pretty ballsy statement in my mind especially to say to someone with a newborn lol we want 3-4 (fairly normal amount in my area) but I'd still not go around making proclamations about how easy it is! 

We had a large number of children ( blended family ) . So far each adult with kids has only had 1 or 2. A couple had originally stated they wanted 4-5 . So far that seems to have changed after actually having them. 

9 hours ago, Mela99 said:

So did Jilly-Rod get herself an invite or were they super busy?

It was actually her fortieth birthday! We assume she was not invited, but she didn’t mention it. I think she might have been less interested, since it wasn’t in Arkansas and wasn’t one of the Duggar girls. She got a decent-looking hairdo and David and the kids “spoiled” her. 

I would want my cold waffle with peach ice cream, sliced peaches, and whipped cream. Yes, I'm trying to turn it into a dessert and I'm sad anout the lack of the ice cream they are noted for.

*Still trying to divert myself from midterm election anxiety...

About the waffles - I have no idea ( obviously ) if this is the case, but a really common hotel breakfast buffet includes cold cereals, pastries, coffee - and a stand alone plug-in waffle maker and waffle batter. So people make their own waffles, even though there isn’t a full kitchen. 

I am 1000% against cold waffles and cold bacon. This is a breakfast hill I am willing to die on.

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am 1000% against cold waffles and cold bacon. This is a breakfast hill I am willing to die on.

I (in my gluten-able days) loved leftover cold french toast wrapped around a piece of cold bacon. YUM. :) 

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@FrozenSmile Thanks for sharing what you can. Was this another 1000+ guest wedding? 

I’m terrible at estimating things like that, but there was probably close to 1000 there. The entire bottom section of the sanctuary was full, so they had to open up the balcony right before the ceremony started. I don’t think the balcony filled up, but the TLC crew had a lot of their equipment up there so they may not have been able to use all of it.

We also have to consider that JD had Josh in his wedding because he parents made him.  We all do things we don't like even as adults because it is just easier and keeps family drama to a minimum. There would have been so much talk with Josh NOT being in the wedding that Boob made sure JD included him in the wedding?  Josh was in Joe & Josiah's weddings as well, was it be force or because they have forgiven him?  He's been in all the brother's weddings and Jill's, I can't remember if he was in Jessa's, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Joy or Jinger's.

Random thoughts in no particular order:

I like Abbie's dress and I loved her hair (always love her pretty hair).   She looked happy and a happy bride is a beautiful bride, so far as I'm concerned.  JD looked happy too, and they seemed comfortable and sweet together.

If those are actually the bridemaid's dresses, they are very pretty.  I really like the soft peach in both the dresses and Abbie's flowers.  Fallish, but not aggressively so.

I'm glad to see that Jana was in the bridal party, but that she was the only Duggar.  Having her own friends and family make up her bridal party is perfectly appropriate; but it was kind of Abbie to include JD's favorite sister.  I hope (and expect) that they will continue to include her in their lives, even if they move away from Arkansas.

Josh in the bridal party -- bleegh.  But not surprising.  Christianity puts a premium on 'forgiveness,' and since Josh's wife and victims have forgiven him, JD may feel he 'has' to, as well, especially if he wants to continue to have a relationship with Anna and his nieces and nephews.  I think it's kind of significant that JD did not ask Josh to be best man, though.  Wasn't JD Josh's best man?  And they are the closest in age.

Reception food... is Pickles the most reliable narrator?  I'll be waiting to see the pictures.  Cereal and cold waffles and bacon doesn't sound too promising, I must admit.

That’s not likely. JD is a grown man on the most important day of his life. If he really disliked Josh that much and still let his parents force him to do that he is a child not a grown man and does not need to be married at all.  More likely he has moved on and still considers Josh Important to him as his elder brother. 

10 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s not likely. 

I actually think it's incredibly likely. That's how fundies and forgiveness works. 

6 hours ago, Texas Heifer said:

Like literally no one asked, but if you're curious, grody sweat angel under the spoiler.

Notice I did not heart it. Nasty. 

At the risk of making myself gag (I deleted the pic from the quote), I'm not sure how (which body parts involved) that is made... 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived