IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

50 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I think Anna is beautiful. I also think that she looks pregnant. If she's not pregnant, that's totally cool too (actually, it's preferable). 

I don't think she's beautiful, that's not the point.  This isn't about me defending Anna or any of them in particular.

The point is the fact that scrutinizing women's bodies for signs of pregnancy is a gross hobby.

Fundy or not, the contents (or lack thereof) of another woman's uterus are none of your (general your) business until/unless they announce.

If you don't think speculating on a woman's potential pregnancy based on her weight is rude as fuck then feel free as it's not against the rules.

Just as it's not against the rules for me to call it out whenever I see it because I think it's absolutely vile behavior.  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jana's feeling seems so authentic that it shows how stilted some of the others are, although I'm sure it feels awkward to film these videos. John David seems like like a mild, mellow type of personality, so hopefully Abbie's life with him is more moderate and less fundamentalist then it is in the OG Duggar clan. 

I thought it was interesting that Anna mentioned them praying together for him to find the woman meant to be his wife 'for so long'. I'd always speculated that they both had deliberately put it off until they were older out of a sense of responsibility to their younger siblings. Maybe not, or not consciously. Maybe personality-wise they are both just more reserved and cautious. If she has been holding herself back, but wants to marry, then I hope this encourages her to take the leap.

2 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

Jana's feeling seems so authentic that it shows how stilted some of the others are, although I'm sure it feels awkward to film these videos. John David seems like like a mild, mellow type of personality, so hopefully Abbie's life with him is more moderate and less fundamentalist then it is in the OG Duggar clan. 

I have to agree about John-David. He definitely seems like the mild & mellow type. I thought that from the very first special they did. 

I can't believe this but I really like Michelle's top. It looks like they did this during clean up and she changed into this comfy snazzy number. Is it just me or is Michelle going back to her cheerleader days style wise more and more in her post baby era? Think of the dress she wore to Josiah's wedding. What I\m really trying to say is: I need to see this bitch in a poodle skirt someday... I know it's retro but it's what I want and if she could please be on roller skates too.

I'm digging the top of Jana's dress. The colour looks great on her, and the sparkles are so fun.

Anna looks good in her floral dress too. The video is cropped in a way that could lead to pregnancy speculation, but she looks normal to me. She said recently she isn't, so I'm sticking with that until she announces otherwise.

I keep rewatching JB & Michelle's video to analyze what's going on in the background.  It looks like JD & Abbie walk behind them between 0:09 and 0:023 and someone (maybe Anna?) yells, "Congratulations, John!" around 0:16.

We got conformation Lauren&Joshiah sang a duet at these wedding, but i find it strange there is not sight of them neither in those videos or in coffee shop hang out. Is she hiding something and not feeling well? ?

And i got to sad Kendra looks beautiful in that video.

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Jana just really loves her twin and I'm dying (again I love boy/girl twins cause I'm also one). I feel her 110%.

I have to admit, I think it’s the most animated I have ever seen her. 

53 minutes ago, potato said:

I keep rewatching JB & Michelle's video to analyze what's going on in the background.  It looks like JD & Abbie walk behind them between 0:09 and 0:023 and someone (maybe Anna?) yells, "Congratulations, John!" around 0:16.

And it looks like the bridesmaids are used as pack mules. I don’t remember having to ever do that much work in a bridal party. 

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm digging the top of Jana's dress. The colour looks great on her, and the sparkles are so fun.

Anna looks good in her floral dress too. The video is cropped in a way that could lead to pregnancy speculation, but she looks normal to me. She said recently she isn't, so I'm sticking with that until she announces otherwise.

Yes that colour did look lovely on her I ageee 

7 hours ago, karen77 said:

They do have planes, but I don't know the status of the other boys licenses,... the main pilot was probably a bit busy!

John has a commercial pilot license that covers single-engine, multi-engine and instrument plus a flight instructor's license for single-engine.

Josiah has a private license for single-engine.

Jeremiah has a student license (carrying passengers is prohibited)

Austin has a private license for single-engine (his registration is listed at Fort Rock address)

Nathan has a commercial pilot license for single-engine and instrument plus a flight instructor's license for single-engine

Lawson has a student license

John Morton has a student license too.

John Shrader has a private license for single-engine.

Thanks to everybody posting these congratulation videos here!

Somebody could have removed the garbage bag in Abbie's parents' video and for the love of Rufus, can JB please come up with any other opening than "It seems like only yesterday that we got married, momma!" Usual BABIIIEZ talk from Michelle. What did we learn about the happy couple and their wishes/goals? Erm... nothing?

Oh, and: Has anybody found John and Abbie's video somewhere accessible for European viewers yet? I can't access the TLC website.

If talking about a woman 'looking pregnant' is body shaming, the usual babywatch discussions, gushing, guesses on names, conception date, amount of kids a couple will have etc. are putting mental pressure on the said woman about doing these things (ex. They may have had a traumatic miscarriage recently and reading about the perceptions and hopes of strangers on the internet about your reproductive system cannot help especially getting pregnant is bashed into your brain since childhood as the main thing that defines you as a woman).

ALL babywatch discussions are... not nice.

No one is tying them down and forcing them to read FJ. We can’t be responsible for their feelings, stress or pressure  esp since the Duggars and Kin and fundies in general know exactly what they are in for if they choose to read here. 

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:
12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I used to be able to text and send messages without looking and have them be accurate. no way i can do that on my iphone stupid predictive text changing my fucks to ducks 

Make contacts for each of your favorite swear words, and put the correctly spelled usages in the other name fields (i.e., F**k, F**king, F**ed, etc.) Predictive text will never change your correctly spelled crude ire to ducks again.

Do we have any confirmation that Derick wasn’t at the wedding? And if yes- if it was because he was told to stay away or because he had a good excuse why he couldn’t attempt?

Because since TLC kicked him out we saw him in several photos from occasions that were indeed filmed but they edited him out or shot around him. I still think he was invited and probably in attendance. 

And I also don’t believe JD would have anyone in his wedding party that he didn’t want to. Josh isn’t shunned by his family and I wonder how much of the criticism on video was actually more of a PR strategy to make the public happy. 

My extra 10 pounds would have people constantly speculating if I were a fundie. I'm glad I'm not. I expect that there will be many pregnancies in 2019 as many are due. But I try not to guesstimate on who is pregnant, until they confirm it. I will say "Well, it's time for an Anna pregnancy." or "I was expecting Jessa to announce #3 by now."

7 hours ago, miss_batson said:

We got conformation Lauren&Joshiah sang a duet at these wedding, but i find it strange there is not sight of them neither in those videos or in coffee shop hang out. Is she hiding something and not feeling well? ?

And i got to sad Kendra looks beautiful in that video.

I get a vibe from Lauren that she isn't overly fond of the Duggar's.  She gives me this snotty I think I'm better than you vibe.  She's kind of mean to Josiah, when she told Josiah he needed a breath mint when he said something to her, he just looked like oh yeah here we go again, like he is used to her belittling him. I can see her doing everything she can to stay away from his family.

I never got the impression Jana and JD were that close (jinder roles) They rarely showed them together on the show if I recall.

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I never got the impression Jana and JD were that close (jinder roles) They rarely showed them together on the show if I recall.

Actually, they (siblings) all said multiple times they were close. Maybe not on the show but they had that last birthday a while back where they discussed it. 

Yeah. It’s one of those FJ theory’s that over the years has become Tru Fax!1!  Never had any indication of any amazing wonder twin bond that would cause them to delay marriage or anything. All of the older Duggar children are probably tight  because of the  close ages and similar experiences

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I get a vibe from Lauren that she isn't overly fond of the Duggar's.  She gives me this snotty I think I'm better than you vibe.  She's kind of mean to Josiah, when she told Josiah he needed a breath mint when he said something to her, he just looked like oh yeah here we go again, like he is used to her belittling him. I can see her doing everything she can to stay away from his family.

I can see that. Your post made me realize who Lauren reminds me of. My former sister-in-law somewhat resembles Lauren and my parents insisted she thought she was better than our family. As a result, they never felt comfortable in her presence.

Based on what little we’ve seen of Lauren, I’d agree with your assessment. Of course, it could also be the way scenes are edited that makes her seem this way. It will be interesting to see how she comes across in the future. Well, interesting compared to the average Counting On episode where it’s about as entertaining as watching a tater tot casserole bake.

I think Josh and John have always had a complicated relationship, Josh did always try to act superior to him and they probably were only close because they were the oldest boys and were always paired helping Jim Bob. John did seem to mean what he said about him at the time but he has most likely moved on and forgave him.

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I think Josh and John have always had a complicated relationship, Josh did always try to act superior to him and they probably were only close because they were the oldest boys and were always paired helping Jim Bob. John did seem to mean what he said about him at the time but he has most likely moved on and forgave him.

Exactly Josh & John were grouped together because of their positions in the family. They were the 2 besides Jim-Bob that helped with the building of the house. The next boy was Joseph he was to young to help with the house when they started building it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived