IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

@Georgiana

Thanks!

Also, that was awesome insight into Jill and Derick's behavior. I do sense a strict stubbornness from Jill despite her often cheery carefree~ish disposition. Like if she had to, she could set things straight. I'm guessing like she had to in her latest IG post. It would be interesting to see who these girls would be if they actually dropped the belief that they must always come off as pleasant and affirmative. 

You think being perfect and therefore superior saved Jill from some of her parent's pearl method rearing?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was reading Jill's post, I thought it was going to directly address the situation with Derick, but then it was about a parent-child relationship? It looks like she was tip-toeing around the real issue. 

But... Since when do parents "HATE" their children when they don't agree with them? I dunno if Jill typed that up herself, but it was a #badanalogy indeed.

I've eaten at McDonald's in the UK (at a motorway services for breakfast:  free-range eggs, yall), in Germany (various towns - but most frequently in Nürnberg, where I lived), in the Czech Republic, and in France. They're all slightly different than the US version (you can get beer in Germany) and I don't mind the occasional (maybe 2x/year) fast-food meal when the occasion warrants.

I actually like to go to McDonald's while abroad. :pb_lol: (And I never go here.) It's interesting to see the regional differences in something so familiar. 

I do the same. Started as accident at first but have since made it a must thing. Just like picking up random copies of Harry Potter when traveling.

Today Jill posted that disagreeing with someone doesn't equate hate or judgement.  I absolutely and wholly agree with you on that , Jill.   It's okay to disagree with other people.

But holy hell Jill, I can't imagine what this tweet would look like if Derick was merely "disagreeing" with someone  and had decided instead to be hateful and judgemental.  :pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:  

Travesty? Sad? Degrading? Sub-normal?  What the hell would he had said if he decided to judge them?

5af0fb4c6be42_Screenshot(11).png.9008ced076dbe17ae1d9480f169b8358.png

ETA: Its always okay to disagree with someone but it's NOT always okay to vocalize, i.e. bashing children on twitter.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Maybe the molestation stuff, which was the biggest for non-fundies, but I think the Ashley Madison stuff would have come out anyway.

If not for the molestation report publication, I have a feeling the Ashley Madison reveal would have resulted in a Josh Duggar who...or better yet,  who cares?

Coincidentally, Josh Duggar seemed to be the most "famous" person to come from that list except the *bad* Biden son. Forget his name. And the only reason why Josh was famous at that point?  He was "the weird dude from that crazy family with all those kids who molested his sisters." Duggars made some powerful enemies. Michelle's call was the straw/camel's back, if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I really appreciated your post, btw :) I'm only snipping for brevity.  

I wrote about this in the Jessa thread, but I really do believe that one of the things Jill and Derick share is a massive superiority complex.  Jill wasn't just raised to be a Christian.  She was raised to believe she was a Christian who was better even than other Christians.  Derick, I don't really know where his comes from, but I do believe that one of the reasons he was drawn to Jill was that she was the "perfect" Duggar daughter.  And he felt that a perfect missionary Christian such as himself DESERVED the perfect more Christian than other Christians wife.  

I think that this sense of superiority is even evident in Jill's interactions with her peers: she's always giving advice, even when it is odd or strange for her to do so, but she rarely, if ever, seriously listens or considers input from others.  I think she genuinely believes that she is more right than other people, and that other people NEED her superior wisdom.  I think both Derick and Jill find it natural that there is a dominant/dependent dynamic: they are the "betters" and we are the people in need of their counsel.  I think this feeds in to their missionary work and why they are unsuccessful missionaries.  

I don't think they believe that most people even have anything to teach them.  Certainly not the populations they minister to.   Certainly not the people who are "lesser" Christians than they.  That's why they don't learn.  That's why they don't change.  They don't think they need to.  

I don't think this is intentional.  Growing up, Jill didn't have a lot of peer interaction.  Mostly, she was with her buddy group where she was in charge and admired.  She never learned how to take criticism or how to be a member of a team when not the leader.  She never learned how to critically think, and she was never provided with an objective view of her abilities and progress in comparison to her peers.  She never had the experience of others being better or more capable than she was.  Her only ability to gauge herself came from her parents, who had their own agenda, and mostly from kids younger than herself.  I think this lead to an inflated sense of self.  Young kids are lovely, but they are also some of the purest sycophants you will ever meet.  Jill doesn't see herself as prideful, but her actions show her to be.  Derick is straight up arrogant.  They won't ever learn until life sets them down a few pegs and they realize that other people have things to teach them.  Until then, they're going to keep preaching at us like they are our spiritual superiors, because deep down, that's what they believe themselves to be.  

Thanks for the awesome post. I agree with it all 100%.

I’m at the point, after all the dismay and disgust at Derick’s handling of everything and antagonizing of other people on social media, where it’s like dude, why can’t you just shut the hell up and get on with things, IE supporting your family and  making positive contributions to your community?

This isn’t positive contribution, it’s fucking awful. I know other folks have said this: At least Ben learned and stopped the social media nonsense and seems to be focusing fully on his family and his life. but you just can’t do that can you? You need the attention.

One day, however far down the line, I hope that you have a REAL come to Jesus moment, and in a way i hope you are still delusional enough to believe that all this was worth it, because if otherwise, I don’t know how youd be able to look your sweet children in the face  and explain to them why you did nothing but spew hatred, instigate public furor, beg for money under the guise of being a so called missionary, while maintaining superiority complex over their mother and everyone else, and call it Christian.

oh yeah and that hammock video? You have smug asshole written all over your face, and someday, little izzy won’t be so little anymore, and will see through  the facade of the big superior manly man you claim to be and maybe he can be brave enough to stand up to you, I can only hope. Sam too. Even If you have anymore kids, these two will remember everything. 

Sorry for the rant, ugh. 

May you reap what you sow Derick. 

Ashley Madison would've always happened, IMO. Josh was known enough to make that news. A righteous family like the Duggars on a hook up site? That's a juicy read. 

@Georgiana Excellent post on their superiority complex. I agree.

I’ve been following the Dillard tweet storms from afar and I just think it’s amazing that science has come so far as to make giant sacks of cow poo sentient and give them the ability to tweet. IMG_9144.JPG

57 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

@Georgiana

Thanks!

Also, that was awesome insight into Jill and Derick's behavior. I do sense a strict stubbornness from Jill despite her often cheery carefree~ish disposition. Like if she had to, she could set things straight. I'm guessing like she had to in her latest IG post. It would be interesting to see who these girls would be if they actually dropped the belief that they must always come off as pleasant and affirmative. 

You think being perfect and therefore superior saved Jill from some of her parent's pearl method rearing?

I don’t know if she was spared more than the others, but it’s entirely possible she developed her natural inclination to people please as a defense or coping mechanism. I see something similar in Jessa, just with how stubborn and assertive she can be. The sad thing is that Jill’s people pleasing isn’t entirely an asset in that type of culture. I don’t think it would have been very difficult for her parents to manipulate her into doing things or acting in ways they approved of, meaning she was (and possibly still is) an easy victim to control.

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I really appreciated your post, btw :) I'm only snipping for brevity.  

I wrote about this in the Jessa thread, but I really do believe that one of the things Jill and Derick share is a massive superiority complex.  Jill wasn't just raised to be a Christian.  She was raised to believe she was a Christian who was better even than other Christians.  Derick, I don't really know where his comes from, but I do believe that one of the reasons he was drawn to Jill was that she was the "perfect" Duggar daughter.  And he felt that a perfect missionary Christian such as himself DESERVED the perfect more Christian than other Christians wife.  

I think that this sense of superiority is even evident in Jill's interactions with her peers: she's always giving advice, even when it is odd or strange for her to do so, but she rarely, if ever, seriously listens or considers input from others.  I think she genuinely believes that she is more right than other people, and that other people NEED her superior wisdom.  I think both Derick and Jill find it natural that there is a dominant/dependent dynamic: they are the "betters" and we are the people in need of their counsel.  I think this feeds in to their missionary work and why they are unsuccessful missionaries.  

I don't think they believe that most people even have anything to teach them.  Certainly not the populations they minister to.   Certainly not the people who are "lesser" Christians than they.  That's why they don't learn.  That's why they don't change.  They don't think they need to.  

I don't think this is intentional.  Growing up, Jill didn't have a lot of peer interaction.  Mostly, she was with her buddy group where she was in charge and admired.  She never learned how to take criticism or how to be a member of a team when not the leader.  She never learned how to critically think, and she was never provided with an objective view of her abilities and progress in comparison to her peers.  She never had the experience of others being better or more capable than she was.  Her only ability to gauge herself came from her parents, who had their own agenda, and mostly from kids younger than herself.  I think this lead to an inflated sense of self.  Young kids are lovely, but they are also some of the purest sycophants you will ever meet.  Jill doesn't see herself as prideful, but her actions show her to be.  Derick is straight up arrogant.  They won't ever learn until life sets them down a few pegs and they realize that other people have things to teach them.  Until then, they're going to keep preaching at us like they are our spiritual superiors, because deep down, that's what they believe themselves to be.  

A very good assessment of Jill. 

48 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ashley Madison would've always happened, IMO. Josh was known enough to make that news. A righteous family like the Duggars on a hook up site? That's a juicy read. 

@Georgiana Excellent post on their superiority complex. I agree.

The Ashley Madison hackers literally went through their cryptic lists looking for famous names. Prior to the police records being made public, I highly doubt more than a subset of the population would have cared including the hackers. But even if the hackers did recognize the Duggar name and associated it with the TLC show, the general public would not have cared...at all about Josh like they didn't care about the other names on that barely strung together list of celebrities. But I guess that is one of those things we can not say for certain. 

I can't believe Jill is trying to defend her husband.

I'm so disgusted by them both right now. :kitty-cussing:

28 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t know if she was spared more than the others, but it’s entirely possible she developed her natural inclination to people please as a defense or coping mechanism. I see something similar in Jessa, just with how stubborn and assertive she can be. The sad thing is that Jill’s people pleasing isn’t entirely an asset in that type of culture. I don’t think it would have been very difficult for her parents to manipulate her into doing things or acting in ways they approved of, meaning she was (and possibly still is) an easy victim to control.

I don't think Jill is a true people pleaser. But I could be wrong, because I am not sure of her total personality and may have missed some of the things you all picked up on.

I think Jill uses the appearance of people pleasing as a form of manipulation (for lack of a better word). I also think she was a sneaky child as a way to cope with her parent's restrictions. Wasn't she the one storing food away when there was limited resources? No one knew until she revealed it? .

Also, a people pleaser would take down posts, like Jessa has in the past or fail to put up controversial things at all, like Jinger or even stay out of the limelight all together like Jana. Jill does her own thing and seems to become indignant about it in the process. People say she's reading her child hate-filled books? What does she do? She posts a contest to promote them even further. The internet goes wild on her hubby's terrible online behavior? She hashtags him into superstar status. Family says no pants allowed, she wears a pair to their house.  

2 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

I do the same. Started as accident at first but have since made it a must thing. Just like picking up random copies of Harry Potter when traveling.

I am buying one HP book per UK trip at Daunt's Books. Will grab another next week. :) 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

They won't ever learn until life sets them down a few pegs and they realize that other people have things to teach them.  Until then, they're going to keep preaching at us like they are our spiritual superiors, because deep down, that's what they believe themselves to be.  

Or they’ll end up like Gary and Becky in a few years. Still trying to scrape by on grifting while Derick continues to indulge his fantasy of preaching instead of getting a job. If Daddy Duggar doesn’t bail them out of poverty I could see them living exactly like Gary and Becky one day. Derick still begging for handouts for his “ministry,” and Jill still half-assing a desperate social media presence, only with the added goal of selling mlm junk.

13 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Or they’ll end up like Gary and Becky in a few years. Still trying to scrape by on grifting while Derick continues to indulge his fantasy of preaching instead of getting a job. If Daddy Duggar doesn’t bail them out of poverty I could see them living exactly like Gary and Becky one day. Derick still begging for handouts for his “ministry,” and Jill still half-assing a desperate social media presence, only with the added goal of selling mlm junk.

Maybe Jill Dillard should be taking lessons in grifting and mlm marketing from Jill Rod.  Although maybe Derick is the "Jill Rod" of the family.  

8 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Have i totally missed this being discussed here or are the information incorrect in the article? I’m confused 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jill-duggar-midwife-company-158672

As far as I can tell that article is a load of bullshit. @PennySycamore is mostly right; while Jill did complete the NARM certification (which actually may have expired by now), she never finished her apprenticeship in Arkansas and is not licensed to practice in Arkansas. Jill assisted with the delivery referenced in the article which was performed by Venessa Giron (Jill's former supervisor). Venessa lost her license in Arkansas after a botched delivery although she still practices in Oklahoma (direct entry midwives are not regulated by Oklahoma; there is no licensure available there). I don't even see Jill practicing with Venessa regularly because it's a 2 hour drive between Springdale and Tulsa.

edited to add: Venessa also practices in Missouri

44 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I could see a Schraders with a soupçon of Rodrigues in their future: Derick gets bored again and they go off to play missionary in sub-Saharan Africa or somewhere in Southeast Asia, Jill gets into MLMs (which are growing in the developing world because MLMs are fucking vultures) because Derick won't earn a goddamn living but she can't get a real job because a woman's place is in the home, the spark and life slowly leave Izzy and Sam's eyes. 

I am buying one HP book per UK trip at Daunt's Books. Will grab another next week. [emoji4] 

Yea, my case is whenever on vacation buy a copy. Since all of my vacations in the last 6 sixes just been stateside. Last time counted I had 10 paperbacks of Order of the Pheniox , & 8 Deathly Hallows. Although I do have the whole series in UK editions as well but it half kid's & adult covers. Plus 1 random Italian edition.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I could see a Schraders with a soupçon of Rodrigues in their future: Derick gets bored again and they go off to play missionary in sub-Saharan Africa or somewhere in Southeast Asia, Jill gets into MLMs (which are growing in the developing world because MLMs are fucking vultures) because Derick won't earn a goddamn living but she can't get a real job because a woman's place is in the home, the spark and life slowly leave Izzy and Sam's eyes. 

I bet if Derick doesn't get whatever he's looking for from this Cross Church program they head off to another foreign country to harass locals again. But who knows what he's actually looking for. 

10 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Today Jill posted that disagreeing with someone doesn't equate hate or judgement.  I absolutely and wholly agree with you on that , Jill.   It's okay to disagree with other people.

But holy hell Jill, I can't imagine what this tweet would look like if Derick was merely "disagreeing" with someone  and had decided instead to be hateful and judgemental.  :pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:  

Travesty? Sad? Degrading? Sub-normal?  What the hell would he had said if he decided to judge them?

My reaction to Jill's post was along the same lines.   DerJill can claim to be loving and nonjudgmental in their public disagreement with others until the cows come home.  That don't make it so.  I think a good maxim for public discourse is, "If you dish it out, be prepared to eat it."  Feeling unfairly judged?  Try being more merciful in the judgments you make of others.  Feeling persecuted for your beliefs and opinions?  Try not to scorn the lives of other people as "a travesty" or "degrading."  Feeling misunderstood?  STFU and stay off social media.

19 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I don't agree with anyone 100%.  But there are lines that once crossed, mean I can no longer truly be friends with someone.  This happened most recently after the Stoneman Douglas school shootings and the subsequent activism by the students.  I found the students inspirational and courageous and attempting to do something to better the world around them by speaking out for better gun regulations in this country.  Sadly, a person I considered a friendly acquaintance and was a FB friend started posted memes I found offensive, basically deriding the students.  I ignored the first post, responded to the second meme with my point of view, but when she posted a third meme - I posted back that I was unfriending her and why.  No exclamation points used, no name calling, I just said I could not be friends with someone who mocked the young people who are fighting to make the world a better place.

Shortly after that, I deactivated my FB account (for other reasons).  

I have friends from all walks of life.  I like people based on who they are:  Are they decent people?  kind to others?  honest?  have a sense of humor?  smart?  creative?  All good!  But you mock high school students who have just endured a truly horrifying situation in which they saw death, expected death, and now their lives have changed forever?  You are off my friend list and that's that.  No grey area there.

You want to insist that anything other than man-woman coupling is a sin, and try to control my body and my decisions?  You are off my friend list.

You want to ask for hand outs from strangers because you don't want to work for a living?  Off my friend list.

Jill married a dud.  I think JB will probably protect them from the worst of financial woes, but I predict their standard of living is going to be less than other Duggar siblings, because Derick really, really doesn't want to work hard for a living.

I had to unfriend an old classmate who was one of my best friend's years ago, after one a very racist jokes, her extreme right wing posts and when her brother became verbally abusive to me and she never said a word. Sorry, I don't mind differences, but this went too far. 

21 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I'm sure Derick DOES have "gay friends" aka openly gay acquaintances from college who are "friends" with him on social media from college and haven't de-friended him either because he's too unimportant to show on their timelines OR because they want to keep tabs on him.  But like real friends that interact with him all the time?  Nope.  

If you ever go to China YOU NEED TO GO TO KFC.  I am not kidding. KFC in China is different, and somehow it is like the most Godly Chicken you have ever put in your mouth.  But be sure to ask for potatoes (don't worry, they provide picture menus for pointing at most locations), because the default side-dish with your meal is corn.  

Also, witchcraft IS real, and there are some practicing witches here on FJ!  It doesn't look at all like Harry Potter, but there are people who openly practice and pass down a Craft.  It's absolutely just as terrifying to fundies as Harry Potter because many witches call upon the god(s) using their own names for them and often recognize more than one deity (it's customary to recognize both a supreme Male and Female power, though there's nothing to say you cannot believe them to be two aspects of one overarching whole).  Anyways, it's all very pagan and often non-Western, which are the two scariest things for fundies, and since anything scary is Satan, it's probably all Satanic too.  

Not that it matters to me.  If Derick had a cold, I wouldn't give him a healing tea anyways.  

I have heard a lot of praise for their KFC. 

I went to McDonald's in Germany ages ago. Had a beer with my burger. 

I'm not sure whose mind Derick is trying to change with his nasty posts.  They seem to lack any subtlety, appeal, or rationale.  Why would anyone be drawn to what he's arguing for...arguing, I believe, being the key word.

5 hours ago, Drala said:

I think a good maxim for public discourse is, "If you dish it out, be prepared to eat it."

Off-topic, but this is the first time I've seen that phrase as "eat it" instead of "take it." It actually makes a lot of sense as "eat it."

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived