IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So if his mother is a first cousin of JB, then he is second cousins with Jill. At least that’s what I’m gathering from the info provided in the link. 

me too! 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the comment on Deena's post is damage control for that video where Izzy babbled something about a new baby at the end.

However... I would imagine Izzy is familiar with the concept of male cousins since he has like 60 of 'em.

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So if his mother is a first cousin of JB, then he is second cousins with Jill. At least that’s what I’m gathering from the info provided in the link. 

Nah, it says it is Jill's cousin. JB's cousin's son so Derick's cousin in law. 

It is confusing because articles always refer to Jill as "Duggar-Dilllard" and often still just "Duggar" when she is a Dillard. I wonder if that burns D'Wreck a little bit. Essentially being Mr. Jill Duggar.

47 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

It is confusing because articles always refer to Jill as "Duggar-Dilllard" and often still just "Duggar" when she is a Dillard. I wonder if that burns D'Wreck a little bit. Essentially being Mr. Jill Duggar.

Bingo!  I think this is a major reason why D'Wreck is so outspoken and controversial.  Other than the simple fact he's a jerk on a soap box, he's trying to create his own brand separate from the Duggars. As far as I can tell, D'Wreck's "brand" is millennial Franklin Graham, minus the organizational resources.  The fact that anyone pays any attention to him is because he is essentially Mr. Jill Duggar. 

Has Derick ever talked about why he chose accounting? Every accountant I've ever known has had a very rational, logical thought/cognitive process. I just don't see it in the boy. Did Cathy kind of push him into it? ex "Derick, I have a guaranteed job spot for you in Accounting at Wal-Mart." Is it possible he never wanted to be an accountant?

Freud would have a field day with him.....

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ofwreck is at it again.

Best name ever.

Aw hell, I can see Derick leaving Jill and blaming it on the lifestyle travesty of Jazz, Nate and Jeremiah. That's how convoluted his brain is.

If Derick leaves Jill I would love for him to say he didn't have a choice in marrying her. TLC somehow edited the gun pointed towards his head out in the proposal episode. 

I wish TLC showed us more family dynamics. There is absolutely no way everyone likes each other. What do Jessa and Ben think of Jill and Derick? What do Joe and Josiah and JD think of Josh? How does Jinger really feel about being away from her family? This stuff would actually be interesting. 

He really is Mr. Jill Duggar, isn't he? That seems like the sort of thing that would really chap his ass. 

I know of families who hyphenated their names to use both, I know of women who kept their maiden names, I know of families who dropped both last names and made up their own... but I only personally know of one guy who took his wife's last name. Her last name was Kirk. His first name was James. It was fated.

16 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I wish TLC showed us more family dynamics. There is absolutely no way everyone likes each other. What do Jessa and Ben think of Jill and Derick? What do Joe and Josiah and JD think of Josh? How does Jinger really feel about being away from her family? This stuff would actually be interesting. 

That WOULD be interesting. I still hold out hope somebody, at some point, breaks free of the collective and spills some truth. (I also hope that the others continue to slowly, one tiny step at a time, ease away from the most harmful of their beliefs. Every tiny thing they do differently than their parents would have allowed is a teeny tiny crack that might let some light in.) They seem to want so much to be portrayed as perfect, while at the same time saying "oh, we're not perfect, everyone is a sinner... but we're going to heaven so do what we do!"

I would love to think what some of these people truly think about the Wrecks. Their personalities alone all but guarantee that at least one of those kids actively dislikes them.

I'm sure there are a lot of "I'll be praying for you"s being thrown around these days.

I just hope other family members realize what a rich variety of backlash their beliefs laid bare lead to. I'm sure they're being exposed to a lot of pro-LGBT heathens, but probably more pro-LGBT Christians than they're accustomed to. Just speculation, but there hasn't been a hot mess quite like D-wreck yet.

29 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I would love to think what some of these people truly think about the Wrecks. Their personalities alone all but guarantee that at least one of those kids actively dislikes them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenni and/or James dislike Derick since he essentially took their sister mom away from them

2 hours ago, kat said:

Has Derick ever talked about why he chose accounting? Every accountant I've ever known has had a very rational, logical thought/cognitive process. I just don't see it in the boy. Did Cathy kind of push him into it? ex "Derick, I have a guaranteed job spot for you in Accounting at Wal-Mart." Is it possible he never wanted to be an accountant?

Freud would have a field day with him.....

He probably chose accounting because it was first on the list of majors and he was too lazy to look through the rest to find something he liked better.

Jill posted this about Samuel eating Indian food and a few people are getting on her about the Bollywood comment in the caption, as well as whether or not Sam should be eating Indian food. I didn't go to their website though so not sure what's actually in the video. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that whatever she gave him wasn't actually that spicy.

Spoiler

As an aside, now I want Indian food and I'm crying because my pregnant self can't handle anything spicy right now unless I want to be up all night with heartburn and indigestion. :my_cry: Good thing I love this kid.

I'm crying laughing here imagining a Dillard attempting to star in a Bollywood movie. Oh my God. Quick, someone ask Derick if his kids are even allowed to dance!

6 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

It's a problem her kid is eating Indian food? Wtf?

Because children in India never eat Indian food. Only McDonald's.

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm crying laughing here imagining a Dillard attempting to star in a Bollywood movie. Oh my God. Quick, someone ask Derick if his kids are even allowed to dance!

Waiting for the obligatory wet sari scene.  Maybe Wholesomewear would be involved.:popcorn2:

25 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

It's a problem her kid is eating Indian food? Wtf?

I kind of figure the people getting on her about it actually aren't all that familiar with Indian food and assume it's all super spicy. Which is definitely how I like my Indian food, but there are lots of mild Indian dishes.

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Because children in India never eat Indian food. Only McDonald's.

...do they have Chick-Fil-A?

But really though. What do these idiots think Indian kids eat? Why is it a problem if her white kid eats it?

Be glad it's not some gloopy fucking casserole!

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I kind of figure the people getting on her about it actually aren't all that familiar with Indian food and assume it's all super spicy. Which is definitely how I like my Indian food, but there are lots of mild Indian dishes.

Also, kids can eat much spicier food than we let them.  Our attitude that kids only can eat chicken nuggets is why kids only eat chicken nuggets.  My LO loves Indian, and Mexican.  My MIL gets so shocked every time she sees him eat.

It's also what your children are used to... if you raise them on bland, sensitive food, then they're going to find other cultural food spicy. But if you raise them from day one with a variety of spice, then they're more apt to enjoy and handle it. 

27 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Also, kids can eat much spicier food than we let them.  Our attitude that kids only can eat chicken nuggets is why kids only eat chicken nuggets.  My LO loves Indian, and Mexican.  My MIL gets so shocked every time she sees him eat.

I’m a feeding therapist for infants and sometimes we add a little spice or hot sauce for babies for some sensory input! Obviously just a drop or so but yeah 

I mean, there is Indian kids food, aka food parents generally make for kids but not for adults that is a bit on the bland side, as well as dishes adults eat but are considered too spiced for kids, but much like kids everywhere, Indian kids generally eat what their parents put on the table.  If the kid likes it, then let them eat it.  Also, there are white actors in Bollywood movies not infrequently.  It's not a big deal, and my coworkers pretty freely joke about people of all races starring in a Bollywood film, especially when they dance to Indian music.  In fact, they would probably have made that joke themselves.

Jill's usually pretty tone deaf, but I think she's actually fine here.  I think the people getting up in arms don't actually understand Indian cuisine and culture as well as they think they do and are looking for something to be offended by.  Mind you, I'm at work so I didn't watch the video.  

Like I personally can't handle spice but my parents exposed me to different foods throughout my life to come to that conclusion. My friend's ex tried some mild asian soup that's name isn't coming to mind but he thought it was too spicy and absolutely lost it so I'm assuming he wasn't exactly exposed..

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived