Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

ivv3j5bd74u71.jpg.0ab4c72747a7f2c9dfd804d1a03fc9bf.jpg

Probably this one.

So Kendra is not naturally blond? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pupper said:

So Kendra is not naturally blond? 

This is actually a weird topic in my opinion.  Because what I’ve found when looking around online is that the word blonde can mean so many hair colors. Some people only accept an almost white blonde as actual blonde. I personally will accept a wide range of blonde. That picture is a bit dark so I think she could be a dark dirty blonde in that picture. I also think that many people are blonde as children and then start lightening their hair as teens. Thinking they are still blonde as adults. When technically it might be more of a light brown. I think it’s possible she is naturally a dirty blonde or has light brown hair as an adult although much more blonde as a child. Adults with naturally blonde hair are pretty rare. I will add that many of the Duggars were blonde as kids but their hair got darker in adulthood. And almost all are no longer naturally blonde as adults.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Not sure the naturally blonde topic is weird as much as it’s confusing, for all the reasons stated by Jermajesty above. We have blondes in our family, white blondes, yellow blondes, dark blondes. (My biggest pet peeve of a description is “dishwater” blonde and I refuse to use it). I agree that a dark blonde can seem so much like a light brown, and yet I can distinguish a subtle, fairer color distinction in dark blondes.

Here’s a few photos of Kendra. The first, her wedding photo, to me looks like she had some kind of rinse put in her hair to brighten it. 

IMG_1065.jpeg

In the next photo, it’s almost an hombre coloring, lighter on the bottom but could just be lightened hair growing out. 

IMG_1067.webp

Lastly, a photo that could have been taken with some kind of filter since everyone looks kind of smoothed out.

IMG_1066.webp

*The one thing that struck me with her childhood photo is how much she still looks exactly the same. But I don’t see her hair color as being all that changed as an adult.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 10

Kendra’s mom looks to be one of those adults who retained her light blonde hair. To me, it does not look like it’s from a bottle. I have no problem with women coloring their hair, btw, as I’ve colored mine for decades. 

I don’t know, tho. Looked at lots of other photos of Christine Caldwell online and she does seem to have different shades of the light blonde so maybe it’s dyed. 

IMG_1068.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 6

My hair used to be white-blonde as a child and when I grew up it became slightly darker, especially in winter. But every summer it would be light again. 

Since I had my first baby my hair is definitely dark-blonde (like Kendra in the last pic with Christina) and will not lighten up in summer anymore. My mother had the same: dark-b;onde hair since her first pregnancy.

Its crazy what hormones can influence.

• Upvote 6

My niece was born with almost black thick hair. It very slowly turned blonde. And by the time she was about 18 months she was a blonde and still is to this day. But her eyebrows are still dark. People probably think she dyes her hair but she doesn’t. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My niece was born with almost black thick hair. It very slowly turned blonde. And by the time she was about 18 months she was a blonde and still is to this day. But her eyebrows are still dark. People probably think she dyes her hair but she doesn’t. 

I had a friend like that. She ended up dying her hair black for awhile. She looked great either way. 

I had blonde hair until I hit about 4 when it started to get darker and ended up brown. I have blonde hair now but shhhh.... it isn't natural 😜

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had a friend like that. She ended up dying her hair black for awhile. She looked great either way. 

I had blonde hair until I hit about 4 when it started to get darker and ended up brown. I have blonde hair now but shhhh.... it isn't natural 😜

My hair is going so gray I think I’ll end up blondish gray at some point. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Until old age, I had blonde hair/blue eyes and dark eyebrows. My dad is Italian with olive skin and brown eyes and black hair; my mother is fair, blonde haired /blue eyed. Now I dye both my hair and eyebrows.

• Upvote 3

Being picky. I was taught that being a brunette meant you had black hair.  If you had brown hair you were a brownette. Now I just go with whatever the crowds say.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Queeen Victoria said:

Being picky. I was taught that being a brunette meant you had black hair.  If you had brown hair you were a brownette. Now I just go with whatever the crowds say.

I’ve genuinely never heard of a brownette. Brunette was always brown and raven haired was black. Of course people would say descriptive colors like warm brown, ash brown, mousy brown, light brown, dark brown, etc. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I was born with a full head of brown hair and one single gray hair. It even sticks out in my newborn pictures 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

On 4/29/2024 at 3:28 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also think that many people are blonde as children and then start lightening their hair as teens. Thinking they are still blonde as adults. When technically it might be more of a light brown.

Yep, this is me! Almost white blonde as a toddler, light blonde as a child, blonde as a teenager, the hair just gradually started getting darker. It was still blonde-ish, but I started getting highlights as an adult. At some point I just didn’t bother anymore and let the highlights grow out. Now my hair is somewhere between dirty blonde and light brown. When asked, I would probably still say I have blonde hair. It’s not really brown either.

My son now has the same light blonde hair I had as a child. But probably his will get darker too as he gets older.

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Didn’t one of the Rod kids have hair like that? Tim maybe? People were always wondering if the blonde hair was genuine blonde or dyed (not that it matters in my opinion).

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Same here! Nearly white hair as a toddler and then darkened bit by bit once I reached school age. Now I have dark blonde hair with light blonde highlights. (My best friend always complains, that she pays a lot of money for her highlights and I have them naturally :)

My hair is also extremely weird... on some days it looks as if I have curled it (never used curlers in my life) and on others it is nearly straight...

Edited by Hazelbunny
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Yep, this is me! Almost white blonde as a toddler, light blonde as a child, blonde as a teenager, the hair just gradually started getting darker. It was still blonde-ish, but I started getting highlights as an adult. At some point I just didn’t bother anymore and let the highlights grow out. Now my hair is somewhere between dirty blonde and light brown. When asked, I would probably still say I have blonde hair. It’s not really brown either.

My son now has the same light blonde hair I had as a child. But probably his will get darker too as he gets older.

Didn’t one of the Rod kids have hair like that? Tim maybe? People were always wondering if the blonde hair was genuine blonde or dyed (not that it matters in my opinion).

I’m not sure if Tim had dark hair when he was born. But his hair currently reminds me of my niece’s hair. Because she’s a blonde with dark eyebrows like him. I’ve never believed he dyed his hair. But I have thought the sun sort of dyed it lighter when he was mowing for work. The sun can lighten your hair if you are in it every day.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I was born with dark hair. Fell out, came back white blonde. Have been going darker ever since. It’s ash blonde (street dog blonde….) now. Which- as the internet tells me, is no considered „old money blonde“ (🤪🙄). Maybe that’s how we see it when I have finally grown out the dark brown I had dyed it…..

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 2

My hair is a deep dark brown with gray streaking through. I had always dyed it, since my 20's. I would get highlights, lowlights, you name it. It always seemed to dye too warm and orange-ish, and I'd have to use blue shampoos and try and get it done ashier the next time. Well, as luck would have it, a few years ago I developed an allergy to several types of dye. I was so sad, because I was afraid my gray would make me look old. My hair is finally grown out and the original color is this super dark brown and the grays look like- ashy highlights! It's much more flattering with my skin tone and I'm about to be a grandma for the first time anyway so I'm at peace with the graying. All that money and effort, I wish I would've had the confidence to just be myself when I was younger. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

On 5/2/2024 at 3:51 PM, fluffernutter said:

My hair is a deep dark brown with gray streaking through. I had always dyed it, since my 20's. I would get highlights, lowlights, you name it. It always seemed to dye too warm and orange-ish, and I'd have to use blue shampoos and try and get it done ashier the next time. Well, as luck would have it, a few years ago I developed an allergy to several types of dye. I was so sad, because I was afraid my gray would make me look old. My hair is finally grown out and the original color is this super dark brown and the grays look like- ashy highlights! It's much more flattering with my skin tone and I'm about to be a grandma for the first time anyway so I'm at peace with the graying. All that money and effort, I wish I would've had the confidence to just be myself when I was younger. 

I’m not there yet. And I’m to the point where I need to go every 4 weeks- not 1 day more. It is the 1 luxury that I hang onto. No housekeeper, no mani/pedis except when I go to So America where I can get both done, at home, for $20 bucks- same for massages. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’m not there yet. And I’m to the point where I need to go every 4 weeks- not 1 day more. It is the 1 luxury that I hang onto. No housekeeper, no mani/pedis except when I go to So America where I can get both done, at home, for $20 bucks- same for massages. 

Oh I would totally not be there yet either had the allergy not occurred. I am embarrassed to admit this but I still dyed my hair a few times even after I knew I was allergic. I would deal with the insane redness and itching for days. The last time, my face swelled up and that scared me enough to stop. Otherwise I would still be getting my hair done. 

• Upvote 4

My son was born with a head of straight, dark, almost black, hair. Within a month, it turned a mid blonde and stayed that way until high school when it turned dark brown with red tinges, which is also when it went super curly. We only had one kid, so I guess he’s just playing fair and splitting our genes right down the middle. Up until high school, he looked just like me. From high school on, just like his dad. Genetics are weird. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 5

On 5/1/2024 at 6:29 AM, Hazelbunny said:

Same here! Nearly white hair as a toddler and then darkened bit by bit once I reached school age. Now I have dark blonde hair with light blonde highlights. (My best friend always complains, that she pays a lot of money for her highlights and I have them naturally :)

My hair is also extremely weird... on some days it looks as if I have curled it (never used curlers in my life) and on others it is nearly straight...

I have always had straight hair. Then about 5 years ago, the woman who has cut my hair for nearly 2 decades said "What should we do about this curl?" 
I said "what curl?" 
She showed me a mirror and there in the back of my head - I had wavy hair. So she decided to use product and a diffuser and voila - curls. What the WHAT?? 
I used to get perms just to get ANY kind of body to my stick straight hair. It's bananas. 

• Upvote 5

Hair changes throughout the years, even naturally. I was bald until I was like 2.5...and then my hair was white blond. As I got older it went to dirty blond, and since my middle school/teen years it's been dark brown. My youngest was born with super dark hair. It fell out and grew back as more golden/light brown.

• Upvote 1

I had a friend who had two babies; both of them were born with a head full of dark hair.  But instead of the dark hair falling out and blonde growing in, the hair just kept growing but the new hair was blonde.  It was so weird to look at.

• Upvote 2

My nephew was born with brown hair but it also had blonde highlights. It was a mix of two colors at birth. Which was just so weird on a newborn. But it was pretty. 

• Upvote 2