IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 19: Staying Out of the News

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

But I applaud them for their very low profile. However, I do wonder if JB demanded it.

I doubt it.  Josiah is now a good son married to a fundie lady, having children, living near mom and dad and (apparently) working for JB. The kind of content Lauren used to post was absolutely OK for JB and was food for the brand.

Anyway, Lauren didn't post often. I think closing her public profile was her (or Josiah's) decision. I'm sure they have a private profile. I have the feeling that Lauren was very distressed about the negative comments and she closed when the scandals were about to happen. I wish they closed it because they value their kids privacy, too.

• Upvote 11

On 6/5/2023 at 2:10 AM, Mama Mia said:

For going non-public,  I prefer the way John and Abby handle it- a very rare birthday /holiday / birth announcement post - to me that would keep the speculation at bay, while still mostly maintaining privacy. 

I do admire the way John & Abby just get on with life. Nice.

• I Agree 9

I'm a bit worried about these two. If they have start having babies every 14months, they will start rivalling Kendra and possibly Michelle.

It seems its the Duggar males who are competing for most children.  Anna tried but her body wouldn't let her, and now her husband's actions has meant she'll catch up.

Kendra and now Lauren seem to be competing, with Jed also showing signs of wanting to catch up.

So far of the male Duggars the only wives who are likely preventing are Abbie and Claire.

Compare that with the girls.  Jinger and Jill both openly control their fertility.  Jessa may want as many children as possible but her body seems to be making her space.  Likewise Joy seems to have decent spaces though obviously tinged with the fear and impact from Annabelle. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, imokit said:

I'm a bit worried about these two. If they have start having babies every 14months, they will start rivalling Kendra and possibly Michelle.

It seems its the Duggar males who are competing for most children.  Anna tried but her body wouldn't let her, and now her husband's actions has meant she'll catch up.

Kendra and now Lauren seem to be competing, with Jed also showing signs of wanting to catch up.

So far of the male Duggars the only wives who are likely preventing are Abbie and Claire.

Compare that with the girls.  Jinger and Jill both openly control their fertility.  Jessa may want as many children as possible but her body seems to be making her space.  Likewise Joy seems to have decent spaces though obviously tinged with the fear and impact from Annabelle. 

It think we have to see what the next spacing is to really have more of an idea. This baby could have come much sooner than they expected it to. My in-laws had 3 kids very quickly (1981, 1983, 1984) and then bam, no more. Maybe Lauren and Josiah will decide 3 is good, or maybe they are in a race to catch up with Joe and Kendra. Only time will tell. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Did Lauren go to school or was she homeschooled? Bella is 3.5 now and will start kindergarten in September 2024. 

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

Did Lauren go to school or was she homeschooled? Bella is 3.5 now and will start kindergarten in September 2024. 

Lauren was homeschooled but upon completion did attend community college for a year.  She dropped out because she felt college was not for her.  I believe Lauren's younger sister Lily, who also went to community college after homeschooling, completed her associate's degree.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

12 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Lauren was homeschooled but upon completion did attend community college for a year.  She dropped out because she felt college was not for her.  I believe Lauren's younger sister Lily, who also went to community college after homeschooling, completed her associate's degree.  

I kind of get the impression that Lauren struggled a bit with school (no shame in that). I also got the impression it may have been from some undiagnosed learning disorder. I sensed that the struggle to learn made her reluctant and frustrated to learn and therefore she decided school was not for her. Then again it could have been shitty home-schooling too.

School isn't for everyone, no shame in that but I do wonder if there was some underlying struggles, had they been addressed would she have been more confident with higher education. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I kind of get the impression that Lauren struggled a bit with school (no shame in that). I also got the impression it may have been from some undiagnosed learning disorder. I sensed that the struggle to learn made her reluctant and frustrated to learn and therefore she decided school was not for her. Then again it could have been shitty home-schooling too.

School isn't for everyone, no shame in that but I do wonder if there was some underlying struggles, had they been addressed would she have been more confident with higher education. 

This is one of my biggest concerns with fundies and their homeschooling. I worry about how many undiagnosed learning disabilities these fundy children have. I'm concerned about who is just poorly educated versus who would have greatly benefited from a special ed teacher. My mom was a special ed teacher and one of my closest friends where I used to teach was a special ed teacher so I've always had a soft spot in my heart and I've always carefully monitored my special ed students to see what help I could provide with assignments.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 4

51 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

This is one of my biggest concerns with fundies and their homeschooling. I worry about how many undiagnosed learning disabilities these funny children have. I'm concerned about who is just poorly educated versus who would have greatly benefited from a special ed teacher. My mom was a special ed teacher and one of my closest friends where I used to teach was a special ed teacher so I've always had a soft spot in my heart and I've always carefully monitored my special ed students to see what help I could provide with assignments.

agreed. Its one thing to not be into school (its not for everyone) and totally another thing to be overlooked and denied an opportunity to thrive because of lack of care or resources.   

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

• 3 months later...

Is this Josiah? It's been so long since I have seen him... I can't even remember. This is Carlin's YouTube video from the rehearsal dinner for Jackson Bates from today. 

IMG_8059.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

17 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Is this Josiah?

Looks like him to me.  I guess they finally had a boy for baby #3.

• Upvote 7

So J/L have 3 kids? How old is the oldest one? Regardless, that is a darling baby. Is that Carlin in the foreground? Who is the man holding the baby girl? Is that a Bates? 

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Who is the man holding the baby girl? Is that a Bates? 

I think it’s Isaiah Bates, he’s the only one with brown hair. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Was it already known that baby #3 was a boy? I thought it was a boy but I don't remember if it was official. 

It was thought to be a boy based on a baby registry that was found.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

So J/L have 3 kids? How old is the oldest one? Regardless, that is a darling baby. Is that Carlin in the foreground? Who is the man holding the baby girl? Is that a Bates? 

Bella will be 4 next month, Daisy is only 1.5, and then the baby boy.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

That doesn't look like Isaiah to me, unless his face shape has changed considerably. He's always had a rounder face and his nose is broader. I think it could be Warden. His hair seems to be darker in recent photos, but I've never seen him with facial hair.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

That doesn't look like Isaiah to me, unless his face shape has changed considerably. He's always had a rounder face and his nose is broader. I think it could be Warden. His hair seems to be darker in recent photos, but I've never seen him with facial hair.  

I agree it’s probably Warden, not Isaiah. The facial hair looks new. Yet another thing Gothard hated and the Bates next generation are doing. 

My name guess for that baby boy is Ezra if they are still doing the ABC thing. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

It is Warden with facial hair and Carlin. I am not great at the babies.. Kenna? It was Carlin's YouTube video I grabbed the screenshot from. 

Edited by gobucks

7 minutes ago, gobucks said:

It is Warden with facial hair and Carlin. I am not great at the babies.. Kenna? It was Carlin's YouTube video I grabbed the screenshot from. 

Based on the size of the baby, I'm guessing it's Lily, Zach and Whitney's youngest. Kenna is a year old, Lily is 2 months. And by the giant bow we know it's not Ryker. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I just looked at IG, Lily was wearing that hideous bow. She was in a purple dress so I just assumed she wouldn't have a horrific beige bow on. That's my bad. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Based on the size of the baby, I'm guessing it's Lily, Zach and Whitney's youngest. Kenna is a year old, Lily is 2 months. And by the giant bow we know it's not Ryker. 

Yeah, that's Warden with Lily. She just looks like Khloe.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 1:29 PM, gobucks said:

Is this Josiah? It's been so long since I have seen him... I can't even remember. This is Carlin's YouTube video from the rehearsal dinner for Jackson Bates from today. 

IMG_8059.jpeg

that baby reminds me of meredith the duggar genes are strong if it is Si's baby

On 10/15/2023 at 9:54 PM, lumpentheologie said:

I was thinking Warden, i thought Isaiah was the softer fuller faced one and warden was the one that looks like alyssa lol who knows though like the howler monkeys who can keep straight?

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

that baby reminds me of meredith the duggar genes are strong if it is Si's baby

I was thinking Warden, i thought Isaiah was the softer fuller faced one and warden was the one that looks like alyssa lol who knows though like the howler monkeys who can keep straight?

It is Warden. Isaiah does have the Bates cheeks with the dimples. Similar to Michael’s cheeks. Thankfully the three boys in a row don’t actually look that much alike. So they are easier to tell apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is Warden. Isaiah does have the Bates cheeks with the dimples. Similar to Michael’s cheeks. Thankfully the three boys in a row don’t actually look that much alike. So they are easier to tell apart. 

Yeah, they don’t really look anything alike. The Bates have managed 19 children who mostly look like individuals to me, while the Duggars all blend together. 

On 10/15/2023 at 1:02 PM, OHFL2009 said:

Yeah, Kenna will be one this week and she has a very distinctive face and a head full of blonde hair. Hailey is also in-between Kenna and Lily size wise, but that is definitely Lily. There have been so many Bates babies in the last year (5)  and three more on the way! 

On 10/15/2023 at 11:03 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree it’s probably Warden, not Isaiah. The facial hair looks new. Yet another thing Gothard hated and the Bates next generation are doing. 

My name guess for that baby boy is Ezra if they are still doing the ABC thing. 

Warden is in full rebel mode. He does whatever he wants. There is also debate about a potential tattoo. 656BDF42-B7BE-4E43-8605-DEBD45315073.thumb.png.a6e62584f4b423dd1a1714ce746a853c.png

On 10/15/2023 at 3:28 AM, SorenaJ said:

Was it already known that baby #3 was a boy? I thought it was a boy but I don't remember if it was official. 

We did. When Gunnar was born, JB said that he now had 15 grandsons and 15 granddaughters. Meaning that Siren 3 had to be a boy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1