IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

I can't even deal with Jill's posts. There's a hypocrisy and a lack of self-awareness that I find truly staggering. Yes, you have every right to have your opinion and you can think people are going to hell for living their lives differently from you- but they also have the right to call you a bigoted asshole. I've found this a lot with people (I can't think of any examples from the Dillards at present, but I'm sure they've done it) where they feel that they can say whatever they want and that's "free speech" but the moment anyone disagrees with them, it's "persecution." They just want to live in an echo chamber where everyone agrees with them because they're right. Well, that's not how social media works. That's not how life works. You may "disagree" with someone's lifestyle, Derick, but if you post it on a public site, be prepared for a fuckload of people telling you you're a massive shitwad. Because you are. And that's my opinion.

Also, Canadian McDonalds are AMAAAAAZING. That could have been the fact that it was 1 AM and I left a party (several cocktails in) to refuel- before going back and partying until 3 AM. That burger actually looked like the kind you see on commercials, not the sad, squashed excuse of a burger you find in the states. Mmm.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

That burger actually looked like the kind you see on commercials, not the sad, squashed excuse of a burger you find in the states.

Same in the UK. I think there are actually regulations that require what's served to look like the advertised product. Maybe?

15 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

I don't think Jill is a true people pleaser. But I could be wrong, because I am not sure of her total personality and may have missed some of the things you all picked up on.

I think Jill uses the appearance of people pleasing as a form of manipulation (for lack of a better word). I also think she was a sneaky child as a way to cope with her parent's restrictions. Wasn't she the one storing food away when there was limited resources? No one knew until she revealed it? .

Also, a people pleaser would take down posts, like Jessa has in the past or fail to put up controversial things at all, like Jinger or even stay out of the limelight all together like Jana. Jill does her own thing and seems to become indignant about it in the process. People say she's reading her child hate-filled books? What does she do? She posts a contest to promote them even further. The internet goes wild on her hubby's terrible online behavior? She hashtags him into superstar status. Family says no pants allowed, she wears a pair to their house.  

When we were younger, my sister was the "perfect child" like Jill is made out to be. She never got in trouble because she had the most innocent air about her. When in reality, she was the one who would bite herself and blame it on our brother. She was over-dramatic about everything, but somehow she got away with it. 

I do kind of think Jill may give Derick the praise she wish she could get because she seems insecure. She does seem to do things (like promote those books) out of spite. I definitely think she would be WAY more cautious on social media if she were a people-pleaser, including asking Derick to let up on Twitter. 

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I am buying one HP book per UK trip at Daunt's Books. Will grab another next week. :) 

Ok so I'm going to London this summer, and I think I have to go here?! Also who'd have thought, I may need to try fast food there, too, to see if it's better than America's. :lol: I almost fear I won't want to come back... :my_tongue:

1 hour ago, Marionette said:

Ok so I'm going to London this summer, and I think I have to go here?! Also who'd have thought, I may need to try fast food there, too, to see if it's better than America's. :lol: I almost fear I won't want to come back... :my_tongue:

You will LOVE Daunt's!!!  https://www.dauntbooks.co.uk/    The one I frequent is in Holland Park.  :)

And I never want to come back to the States when we have to leave. Bawling/heaving sobs on the plane.

Derick is some yoke harping on about a liberal agenda. The Duggars have been given over ten years of air time! Heavily controlled and edited to show them in their best light. He complains about them having to filter their more extreme views, well every episode has been a chance to promote their beliefs and lifestyle with zero commentary or critique from TLC. They've showcased the frumpy clothes,  trips to the creation museum, children talking like robots, the courting rituals... It's not that other shows are getting preferential treatment. Most people see through the fakeness and nobody's inspired to emulate their lifestyle. They've never been more than a novelty. This really p*sses Derick off. 

3 minutes ago, cara said:

Derick is some yoke harping on about a liberal agenda. The Duggars have been given over ten years of air time! Heavily controlled and edited to show them in their best light. He complains about them having to filter their more extreme views, well every episode has been a chance to promote their beliefs and lifestyle with zero commentary or critique from TLC. They've showcased the frumpy clothes,  trips to the creation museum, children talking like robots, the courting rituals... It's not that other shows are getting preferential treatment. Most people see through the fakeness and nobody's inspired to emulate their lifestyle. They've never been more than a novelty. This really p*sses Derick off. 

this. my guess is he's been in a bubble for so long, so unexposed to the majority of the "real world" that when he gets a taste of what the real world is really like, he's gobsmacked that anyone could see anything wrong with how he lives and what he believes, because he's so obviously right! i went through a bit of a similar phase (though nowhere near as extreme, more of a culture shock) when i left. it didn't last for very long lol. derrick just needs to get over himself.

Many years ago my mother took wolf girl to McDonald's in England. She had to pay extra for ketchup. Wolf Girl was horrified. She still talks about it 35 years later.

IM JUST catching up with the latest dullard crap storm. 

I find the idea the Duggars push about not hating the lgbt community to be so dishonest. Smugs would say the same thing when he worked for the frc about how he didn’t hate his lesbian aunt he just disagreed with gay marriage. I have heard other fundies say the same thing. 

This is a lie. A disagreement isn’t denying someone their rights and oppressing them. That isn’t a disgreement. They are purposefully downplaying the  cruelty of their beliefs to make themselves look like the victims. 

Lying is a sin

5 minutes ago, artdecades said:

This is a lie. A disagreement isn’t denying someone their rights and oppressing them. That isn’t a disgreement. They are purposefully downplaying the  cruelty of their beliefs to make themselves look like the victims. 

typical fundie phrase ... "hate the sin, love the sinner" ... thing is, when the "sin" is so intricately tied to the core of who someone is (like their sexuality or their gender identity) then you ARE hating them when you "hate the sin".

but, you know, logic. they do not has.

And so logically they have absolutely no problem with someone who hates the Christianity but loves the Christian!

I’m feeling a little guilty about posting Derick’s discrimination comments out of context. Rather than get dinged by the mods for excessive quoting, I invite you to read the whole rambling post: https://www.dillardfamily.com/2017/01/recent-decision-boy-scouts/.

Also, I’ll bet he’s thrilled that they’re talking about him on The View. It feeds right into his desire to preach to the heathens despite persecution.

The pair of them just can't seem to help themselves from posting bigoted shit. I reckon even with all the really negative backlash it makes them feel much more superior to anyone else. 

Hold up, where in that pile of cadswallop did he actually explain why Boy Scouts letting trans kids in is a bad thing?

Like I know you’re meant to come away from that knowing ‘it’s a bad thing’ but he doesn’t actually say that. He does say abortion is a Bad Thing. And gay sex. And that True Christians (tm) reject sin and love Jesus. 

But none of this answers your premise, Derrick. How on god’s green earth did you attain a college education?! I guess because he’s an Eagle Scout and so he knows the True Meaning (tm) of the entire organisation? (Also he goes on about their creed a lot but never tells us what that bloody creed is. Jesus would weep for the lack of clarity. He didn’t die on the cross for this shit.)

20 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I am buying one HP book per UK trip at Daunt's Books. Will grab another next week. :) 

If you ever go to Scotland their is a Scots version of Philospher's stone called Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stane. My nephew purchased it a few weeks ago. He has started collecting Harry Potter memorabilia.

With the scandals I've always felt Michelle's robocall and Josh's comments about Gay marriage and parenting is what led the magazine to go digging further, the rumours were already online, I remember googling Josh Duggar and abuse allegations came up as possible search. Ashley Madison was always going to come out but having just been outed as a child molester, made it bigger news than Christian cheating on wife. 

When it comes to Jill I do have a small amount of sympathy for her but that is getting less with every post she makes. Jill does seem unhappy and struggling with her life with Derick and thinks defending him and praising every small thing he does is being a good wife. I don't doubt she shares his views but she is probably sick of the backlash he gets for expressing his views and the manor he does it in online.  Jill and Derick come across more unhappy than even Josh and Anna do. I think next Duggar scandal will involve Derick, he is probably a bigger liability than Josh just now.

1 minute ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If you ever go to Scotland their is a Scots version of Philospher's stone called Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stane.

Ooooo! I was in Scotland in September but didn't hit a bookstore (although I did ride the Jacobite Steam Train/Hogwarts Express, and I had lunch in the pub where JKR wrote the first book). I shall have to look for this on our next trip to Scotland - which is truly the most stunningly beautiful place on earth.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Ooooo! I was in Scotland in September but didn't hit a bookstore (although I did ride the Jacobite Steam Train/Hogwarts Express, and I had lunch in the pub where JKR wrote the first book). I shall have to look for this on our next trip to Scotland - which is truly the most stunningly beautiful place on earth.

I have yet to do the train tour, I want too though.

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm not sure whose mind Derick is trying to change with his nasty posts.  They seem to lack any subtlety, appeal, or rationale.  Why would anyone be drawn to what he's arguing for...arguing, I believe, being the key word.

To me, his posts scream of someone who isn’t looking to change any minds but I’m not sure he’s even aware of it. It’s like he wants to be revered and glorified for being right. I think he wants to be surrounded by like-minded people who tell him he’s a better Christian than those who have differing views from his. He might say he wants to change minds, and he might actually think that on a superficial level, but he just seems like another insecure person seeking confirmation of his shitty beliefs.

@Glasgowghirl - it is SO amazing! When you do it, be sure you're sitting on the left-hand side on the way out to Mallaig. You'll get THIS view:

hptrain.jpg

Didn’t a few family members unfollow Derick after he started his rants? I wonder what the dynamics in the family are right now as far as any tension.  

I don't want to give them clicks, can someone help a sista out and copy/paste that here? :pb_lol: 

On 5/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, Rachel333 said:

I actually like to go to McDonald's while abroad. :pb_lol: (And I never go here.) It's interesting to see the regional differences in something so familiar. 

Ditto! Even going in Hawaii was exciting. They had loco moco and pineapple pies. I would like the pineapple pies to be available everywhere in the country

I read the wildest post about Jill recently.  I don't have a link to it, apparently the poster thinks that Jill is going to be bailing on Derrick soon.  Her nose piercing and tight jeans are signs of her growing independence in the marriage.  Derrick supposedly hooks up with guys and got into some trouble in Costa Rica and Jill plans to leave because of the affairs and not the trouble he got into where he did an immoral thing.  I'm sure none of this is real and a lot of it is wishful thinking, but it would be great if she left him.

1 minute ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I read the wildest post about Jill recently.  I don't have a link to it, apparently the poster thinks that Jill is going to be bailing on Derrick soon.  Her nose piercing and tight jeans are signs of her growing independence in the marriage.  Derrick supposedly hooks up with guys and got into some trouble in Costa Rica and Jill plans to leave because of the affairs and not the trouble he got into where he did an immoral thing.  I'm sure none of this is real and a lot of it is wishful thinking, but it would be great if she left him.

Where did that come from? I have heard the guys rumor going around on here and a couple other sites. If it were true, I think she would have grounds for divorce in a covenant marriage. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived