IGNORED

Dillards 54: Fantasyland Where Reality Isn't Required

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Rio said:

I read “Kendalyn’s Story” years ago and it really bugged that it sounded like she liked a different man than the one her father chose for her. Also she wanted a job in health care her entire life but her father did not let her pursue it. Don’t get me wrong, I think Robert is nice and their kids are cute and probably God did want her to marry Robert. It’s just that you only get one go around here on Earth and it’s nice to make your own stupid mistakes about men, and choose your own training and career. This blind and total obedience to your father is something out of another century.  If that’s the family standard then it’s on your father to make you get out in the world and learn to choose your own way. My mother is a bit pushy and she pretty much made my brother and I get jobs and educations, bless her. 

Omg I wanna read! Share the link pleasee

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Omg I wanna read! Share the link pleasee

https://www.robertloveskendalyn.com/kendalyn/

7 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Oh, I haven't watch this season! That interesting. I wonder if they're opposites for Jessa to say that.

Did you see the Aftershow episodes last season with Daphne Oz? If not, I think Joy told her side there. Jana also added tidbits about how much Joy wanted Austin. She would write her name around the houses they were flipping or something like that. Austin said he eventually got the hints.

But in their wedding episodes during one of his interviews he randomly mentions him asking himself, "Why not Joy?" It was such an odd placement. Made me think he needed some convincing. I could be wrong.

I can't find the scene now It could have been from before they were engaged anyway i think Jessa was just surprised because Austin had been around for so long so it never really crossed her mind that Jostin would get together. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I can take or leave peeps. my limit is probably two peeps at a time. 

I can eat a whole box at once. Shame. 

I grew up with Hellman's mayonnaise.Mr Melon grew up with Kraft.Now we use Duke's mayonnaise.Neither of us care for Miracle Whip.I love Peeps.I am not a fan of Jelly Beans.Jellie Bellies are somewhat ok.I remember we used to give our mother all of our black jelly beans when we were little.She loved black licorice.We didn't.

Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip both are nasty and I don't eat either.  Peeps are okay, but they don't melt well when roasted over a campfire.  I like pectin jelly beans and Jelly Bellies; unfortunately, thanks to having braces, I can't eat them for the next 8 months.  That is all.

I only really like homemade mayonnaise... sometimes... And this is as of about six months ago haha. Tastes change! I've still never had Miracle Whip and the texture of Hellman's still bothers me a bit. It's like jelly to me.

50 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Peeps are only good for the show they provide in the microwave.

what you do is nuke them for about 15 seconds with a teensy bit of butter on them, it melts into heavenly goo and you eat it before it hardens back up, yummyhole.

Btw—the Dullards have updated their blog with tales of their Guadalajara trip. 

Derick said this:

"Most of our time on Tuesday and Wednesday were specifically set aside for street evangelism.  Jill had Sam in tow, and he is particularly good at starting conversations ;) Sometimes I find myself skeptical of street evangelism efforts.  However, done the right way, I have seen it to be very fruitful in numerous ministry contexts.  Ultimately, you can’t go wrong sharing the Word of God with people because, after all, it is life for all of us, and God can use even the most pathetic human efforts for his glory; sometimes we just may not see the results if there are any. "

Interesting.......

first off Sam is adorable so check out those pics. but really reading their blog they did nothing but hang out with the pastor and accost people on the street to talk religion. they briefly mention something about an elementary school but do not go into detail on that. 

5 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Derick said this:

"Most of our time on Tuesday and Wednesday were specifically set aside for street evangelism.  Jill had Sam in tow, and he is particularly good at starting conversations ;) Sometimes I find myself skeptical of street evangelism efforts.  However, done the right way, I have seen it to be very fruitful in numerous ministry contexts.  Ultimately, you can’t go wrong sharing the Word of God with people because, after all, it is life for all of us, and God can use even the most pathetic human efforts for his glory; sometimes we just may not see the results if there are any. "

Interesting.......

So basically the people they approached were polite and said Izzy was a cute kid. So it is likely their street efforts were unsuccessful but Derick likely feels the need to say it was still worth it because it was a Godly pursuit. 

1 minute ago, socalrules said:

So basically the people they approached were polite and said Izzy was a cute kid. So it is likely their street efforts were unsuccessful but Derick likely feels the need to say it was still worth it because it was a Godly pursuit. 

*Sam 

LOL poor kid people forget him and think he's his brother. :laughing-rollingyellow:

9 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Ultimately, you can’t go wrong sharing the Word of God with people

HAHAHAHAHA, oh Derick, you most certainly can!

Source: all of Western history.

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

*Sam 

LOL poor kid people forget him and think he's his brother. :laughing-rollingyellow:

Easy mistake to make, since I believe we've seen brown kids playing with a Big White Baby before...

2 hours ago, bananabread said:

"God can use even the most pathetic human efforts for his glory; sometimes we just may not see the results if there are any. "

Keep telling yourself that, Derick. 

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hellmans  is Best Foods in the west. I was very confused when I drove across country. The jingle was the same. :whistle:Bring out the Best Foods and bring out the best. 

Like Dreyer's and Edy's ice cream.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I recall a friend's story of sticking stale Peeps on a fork and lighting them with a cigarette lighter. I don't remember if the dorm smoke detectors went off or not. (I do not recommend trying that one in anyone's home or dormitory. If you really must, maybe an empty parking lot would be safe? :pb_lol: )

4 hours ago, bananabread said:

Derick said this:

"Most of our time on Tuesday and Wednesday were specifically set aside for street evangelism.  Jill had Sam in tow, and he is particularly good at starting conversations ;)

Wait. Wasn't this the start of all the  Twitter drama in the first place ? Derick complaining that 'kids' shouldn't be used in political campaigns. Jazz and the Parkland students are older teens. His kids are toddlers being used to evangelise. 

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

And for the Peeps Diorama contest the WP used to do every year!

Some of the best of winners over 10 years https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/peeps-tournament-of-champions/2016/03/15/59372c0c-e9fc-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_gallery.html

The main contest page

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/peeps/?utm_term=.0ddd8c34faab

Good think Jill packed her "wifey" tshirt for that missioncation, just in case the clinging & lapsitting didn't keep all the slutty shorts-wearing coeds from trying to steal her man.

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My friend tells me Peeps makes excellent s’mores.

I like to leave my peeps unwrapped for about a day before I eat them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love them directly out of the package, but something about a stale peep just makes everything temporarily right in the world.  So yummy!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived