IGNORED

Dillards 54: Fantasyland Where Reality Isn't Required

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I love PEEPS! Pure sugar bliss.

Not a Peep fan unless its the only sugar in the house. 

3 hours ago, jakesykora said:

WE had a peeps diorama contest a few times here at work (I work at a library). 

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not a Peep fan unless its the only sugar in the house. 

WE had a peeps diorama contest a few times here at work (I work at a library). 

Science!

http://www.peepresearch.org/

Nothing brings people to Christ faster than a big white baby. 

I don't like how patronizing this mission work seems. Like the people of Mexico are too stupid to find Christ without the help of the Dillards. I tell you right now Derrick would be pissed if Mexicans accounted him on the street trying to convert him to Catholicism. 

I wonder how often they come upon someone devoutly Catholic who refuses their drivel and gets into it with them. Derrick never talks about that, but considering how Catholicism is a big part of the culture there, it has to have happened before. 

Around me (there's a slight Latino population) there have been popping up more and more Latino Pentecostal churches. I wonder how D-Wreck feels about those. Probably still wrong. 

@cara But see it's only okay for Dwreck to do that instead of anyone else cause he's the only person in the world doing lord's work/ sarcasm but also just so exhausted with his thought process!!

Also Peeps are I think originally from PA and I remember hearing how many people loved them so I was like well I love marshmallows so I can't wait to eat them! Nope, I tried so hard to like them but something about them really turn me off.

So this missioncatioh looks to have happened in a very nice area. And I would love to see video of DWreck’s street evangelization because I am very shallow. It is all just so weird to me. 

Peeps Oreos are divine and, if they're like regular Oreos, they're vegan.   Peeps are something a problem for us vegetarian Peep lovers but maybe we can get out Peep fix with these.

19 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@HarryPotterFan Miracle Whip is like a salad dressing. Mayonnaise, (my real love), is different and does not taste tangy. I can’t remember exactly the ingredients in Mayo, but olive oil is one 

Oh god thank you!

I’ve been reading this thread thinking everyone was putting whipped cream in their savoury dishes.  It wasn’t till you posted this that I realised I was thinking of cool whip. 

It’s been a long week.. 

3 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

This takes the cake! The Baptist missionary group is posing right in front of a Catholic Church! Not just any Catholic Church but a Basilica!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_Our_Lady_of_Zapopan

0ED4E351-A980-4F10-ACC6-8F6351046031.jpeg

when  saw this photo it really struck me how everyone is together and then their is jill and Derick off separate 

They are sore thumbs amongst other sore thumbs.  You have to actively try to be this disjointed with society. If you are too extra for the extra among you, you should probably reevaluate your life.

10 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

This takes the cake! The Baptist missionary group is posing right in front of a Catholic Church! Not just any Catholic Church but a Basilica!

I almost feel like contacting Cross Church to tell them how offended I am when I see this picture. They are mocking Catholics! 

12 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I have to notice how all the group is joined together, and then Derick and Jill are just standing off to the side.  SURELY Derick could have linked arms with one of the men next to him?

They don't seem to be really a part of the program.  It's like they're chaperones.  Or maybe they're just too godly for a program that allows young women to dress fashionably in short jean skirts!  Seriously though, loving red shirt's look!

3 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I almost feel like contacting Cross Church to tell them how offended I am when I see this picture. They are mocking Catholics! 

To be fair though, this isn't nearly as insulting to the Catholic faith as the time that my Catholic high school handed out devotional cards with various Popes on them and then had to ban them because students were battling them like they were Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh cards.  Their mission sucks, but this photo is pretty "generic millennial tourist".

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

There will be NONE.OF.THAT. on Duggar threads. lol

Teach the Controversy, @SapphireSlytherin 

I am pretty sure there are a pair of animatronic peeps at the Ark Encounter.

Jill really IS a stage 5 clinger. Sam agrees. On a trip with all single college students, Jill has to wear a tee shirt to remind everyone she is a "wifey". They uploaded missioncation pictures on the blog and there's a lot of pictures with Jill in pants, on top of Derick, and sporting a nose ring. I noticed they did not take ANY photos with other fellow missioncation students on the trip and stuck to themselves besides witnessing to locals. They also took an awkward shot of a WALMART sign... wifey.thumb.jpg.3413ab6e12eccbfbd8466cb9cc436ed0.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

when  saw this photo it really struck me how everyone is together and then their is jill and Derick off separate 

And sam is cropped out almost entirely. They really are not fitting in with this group dynamic, are they? 

All the girls in the photo look cute and are making me feel even more sick of winter than I already do. Ugh, I can't wait to wear my denim shorts again. 

Jill looks... uncomfortable. I wonder if she even really knows how to make friends? It cannot be easy lugging a baby around, and worrying about the one at home, while surrounded by carefree, single people that she has almost nothing in common with. Her wifey shirt and PDA with Derick probably don't help things at all. 

15 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

hey look it's  Jill sitting on Derick's lap again. :pb_rollseyes:

IMG_0522-960x640.jpg

They are matching in blue, David & Pris style. Jill did everything she could to alienate herself from other fellow ministry women single students.

I feel bad for Jill because she doesn't seem to get on with anyone else other than Derick and locals. I can tell she must have been miserable on this trip.

Why does Derick put her through this?

Mayo really is the winner.  And Hellman's is definitely the best.  I'm trying to come around to organic Hellman's but it doesn't taste quite the same.  I actually do like MW too.  Every once in a blue moon I will buy the smallest jar available and make a few sandwiches with it.   Mayo is definitely one of those ingredients that if you grow up with it, you probably use it your whole life, but if you don't grow up with it, it seems gross and you can't believe people put it in so much stuff. 

I love Marshmallows, but Peeps are just meh to me.  Chocolate-covered marshmallows are the best.  Also all of these new homemade "artisan" marshmallows are pretty good too.

I'm glad Jill wore that wifey t-shirt. I mean, how are we supposed to know that guy she's practically attached to is her husband?\

ETA: So no one has to give the Dillard's clicks, 

http://duggars.tumblr.com/ has all the photos in collage form.

This poor guy does not look like he's buying what these two are selling. 

Spoiler

5abd3477e7091_ScreenShot2018-03-29at2_45_30PM.png.daf5dbc3a6d8fb31a8d6bfde583e0d54.png

People love being harassed to join a new religion while they're just trying to enjoy a lovely day outdoors!

I was really “triggered” when I saw the poor PEEPS after having been put in the microwave. So sad. But, to compensate, I got some great cookies at Wegmans yesterday so I am eating some of those. Clearly I am a real health nut. Perhaps.......

52 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Why does Derick put her through this?

He doesn't put her through this - she does it to herself! lol

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived