IGNORED

Dillards 54: Fantasyland Where Reality Isn't Required

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

I’m surprising myself by saying this but- Jill doesn’t suck at these smal videos/livestreams. I think it’s probably her comfort zone- talking to a camera, and being filmed doing nothing special as she did for years. Whereas photos seem to involve more staging then she can/will do (ie not blurry, not weird backgrounds or penis on tables lol), she comes across a lot better on video.

i mean they’re still about nothing, and not spectacular but they don’t suck

Dullard Derick is the one who sucks in that video yikes. 

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Jill makes me hate those wifey shirts. We get it. You’re married. You want to literally attach yourself to your husband’s hip, but you can’t find a doctor to perform the operation. A friend has a wifey shirt in preparation for getting married and I’m like ugh.

I'll probably step on some toes with this, but I absolutely detest those Wifey shirts. I guess I can kind of see why someone would wear it, like, on the day after their wedding, when they're still super excited and it's all just new and awesome. But otherwise... find something else to define yourself by. Your sense of self shouldn't come from being someone else's wife. Has anyone ever seen a guy wearing a Hubby shirt? Yeah, me neither.

(Of course, in the case of fundie women, being the wife of a penis bearer literally defines them, so the shoe T-shirt certainly fits there.)

30 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

I’m surprising myself by saying this but- Jill doesn’t suck at these smal videos/livestreams. I think it’s probably her comfort zone- talking to a camera, and being filmed doing nothing special as she did for years. Whereas photos seem to involve more staging then she can/will do (ie not blurry, not weird backgrounds or penis on tables lol), she comes across a lot better on video.

i mean they’re still about nothing, and not spectacular but they don’t suck

If you're doing "nothing," nothing tops Seinfeld. 

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Has anyone ever seen a guy wearing a Hubby shirt? Yeah, me neither.

The only woman I know and have seen wearing her "Wifey" shirt, wears it when her husband wears his "Hubby" shirt. I only remember seeing them wear the shirts within a year of getting married, and only one time. (Then again, we only see each other 6 or 7 times a year, so that isn't a good sample.)

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The only woman I know and have seen wearing her "Wifey" shirt, wears it when her husband wears his "Hubby" shirt. I only remember seeing them wear the shirts within a year of getting married, and only one time. (Then again, we only see each other 6 or 7 times a year, so that isn't a good sample.)

The only moment I could image wearing those tshirt would be the day after the wedding. Any other moment is just stupid.

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

The only moment I could image wearing those tshirt would be the day after the wedding. Any other moment is just stupid.

I can't find the picture, but it might have been a family get-together on their first Christmas as a married couple. Maybe. 

Well, I think the Roe vs. Wade shirt means that they "survived" because they COULD HAVE BEEN legally aborted IF their mom had wanted to do so. There's even a  pro-life group that calls themselves survivors because of their generation, they are the ones that were not aborted. I mean, technically, that's true, their moms could have aborted them within a certain time frame if they had wanted to. But before Roe vs. Wade, they would have probably tried to do it anyway :( 

Any person born after January 22, 1973 is a survivor of the American abortion holocaust.  On this date, the Roe vs. Wade decision legalized abortion on demand throughout all 50 states.  Since this infamous decision, over 56 million children have been killed all in the name of “choice”.  If you were born after the legalization of abortion in the U.S., we challenge you to consider yourself a survivor of the abortion holocaust.  One third of your generation has been killed by abortion.

The Survivors are taking an active stand on behalf of those who have already been lost, and for those who are scheduled to die through abortion. We are empowered by the truth, enabled by extensive training, and unafraid of condemning the death of innocents.

http://www.survivors.la/who-are-the-survivors/

I mean, I don't really get why people tried and sometimes still try DIY abortions. That's so risky! Many people say that when abortion is illegal, there's still the same number of abortions than when it's legal, but I'm not sure that's true. I am pretty sure that some people do carry to term when they can't legally terminate the pregnancy and that some of them even will be happy mothers afterwards. Not all of them, but some will. 

I don't take a big issue with things like a "wifey" shirt. There's far worse things  to wear (like the previously mentioned Roe v. Wade 'survivor' shirts the Duggars have...). Also, when a close friend got married a little over a year ago, one thing I noticed: there are so many wedding related get-togethers where you're expected to bring a gift (engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette party, the actual wedding). I think people run out of ideas or don't want to spend a ton of money every single time one of these parties comes up. These days there are lots of little things that say wife/husband/Mr./Mrs./bride/groom at gift stores and home goods stores, like coffee mugs, shirts, and other trinkets, the list goes on. They're an easy thing to pick up because they're pretty much universal gifts, they're everywhere, and they're cheaper than getting another countertop appliance for the couple off their registry. My point is that it seems like when you're newlyweds you end up amassing a ton of stuff that says Bride and Groom because you've had all these parties and people have to bring you a gift and this is easy and inexpensive. There's no practical use for it, especially when your wedding wasn't even that recent anymore, but you have it so I guess you use it until you declutter eventually. So if someone wears a Wifey t-shirt somewhere, even if I'd probably only wear that as pajamas, I don't really judge.

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yeah I've watched her videos and they aren't so bad...until Derick appears. YUCK.

50 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

I mean, I don't really get why people tried and sometimes still try DIY abortions.

Cost. Shame. Embarrassment. Privacy. 

7 hours ago, JillyO said:

Has anyone ever seen a guy wearing a Hubby shirt?

Yeah. Many times.

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yeah. With his ducklipped kiss... But Jill talking with her mouth full of that blooming onion was just disgusting. Sam is the cutest baby ever! And Izzy already has that "addicted to screens" look. :( 

I won't watch their live streams because they don't need the attention.

I didn't even realize Sam was in a RvW t shirt. I really hope some snarker asks them about it in public. "Wow, what made you decide not to abort this child?"

1 hour ago, L1o2u3 said:

I mean, I don't really get why people tried and sometimes still try DIY abortions. That's so risky! 

You really don't get why someone would try to do an abortion themselves? Try and consider a scenario where a person may perceive the benefits outweighing the risks. I can think of a ton. Not everyone considering abortion has a supportive family, an education, a lot of life experience, money, close enough proximity to an abortion provider to avoid a significant hardship, etc. If you're 14 years old and terrified that your ultra religious family will kick you out of the house and everyone you know will shun you if they find out you're pregnant out of wedlock, I think "that's so risky!" isn't crossing your mind. Some people don't come from a background where they're aware of the risk, either.

31 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

(snip)

Yeah. Many times.

(snip)

The "I'm the stag"- shirt Mr samurai_sarah got for the stag-do, is still in service. :)

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

You really don't get why someone would try to do an abortion themselves? Try and consider a scenario where a person may perceive the benefits outweighing the risks. I can think of a ton. Not everyone considering abortion has a supportive family, an education, a lot of life experience, money, close enough proximity to an abortion provider to avoid a significant hardship, etc. If you're 14 years old and terrified that your ultra religious family will kick you out of the house and everyone you know will shun you if they find out you're pregnant out of wedlock, I think "that's so risky!" isn't crossing your mind. Some people don't come from a background where they're aware of the risk, either.

Yeah, but from a rational perspective. If you imagine that abortion is illegal, but the person knows there's help if the family doesn't support her and she'd have a place to live until the baby is born (if she allows for it to be adopted) or even after that when she wants to take care of it and they would help her find a job etc.. I can't get why anyone would then risk her life and the baby's life too. A life like that isn't as bad as death, right? 

4 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

Yeah, but from a rational perspective. If you imagine that abortion is illegal, but the person knows there's help if the family doesn't support her and she'd have a place to live until the baby is born (if she allows for it to be adopted) or even after that when she wants to take care of it and they would help her find a job etc.. I can't get why anyone would then risk her life and the baby's life too. A life like that isn't as bad as death, right? 

I can guar-damn-tee you if I had had the need for an abortion, I would never EVER have breathed a word of it to anyone in my family. I'd have snuck off, had it done, and gone on with my "normal" life with them none the wiser.

Not all families are understanding or helpful or supportive, "rational" or not.

For some, a death would be preferable to living with the shame and humiliation. 

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

I can guar-damn-tee you if I had had the need for an abortion, I would never EVER have breathed a word of it to anyone in my family. I'd have snuck off, had it done, and gone on with my "normal" life with them none the wiser.

Not all families are understanding or helpful or supportive, "rational" or not.

For some, a death would be preferable to living with the shame and humiliation. 

Yeah, my sisters BFF had an abortion years ago the only people who know about it are me, my sister and the Bff's husband.  Her family would NOT have approved and I'm not sure what would happen if she told them now, almost 20 years later.  All I know is that she's glad she did it and loves her life, so it was the right choice for her.  

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Yes, maybe on the honeymoon. 

11 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

Sorry, what scenario are you describing where there is free aid and shelter provided for people with unwanted pregnancies? I have never heard of this. And even if you could get support while pregnant, that doesn’t mean you’ll get support afterwards. Even if you give the baby up, what if your family cuts you off completely? Fending for yourself in this world is so much easier said than done.

There are endless stories of women being thrown out of their family homes for being pregnant and unwed. If your choice is being beaten, ostracized, thrown out on the streets, cut off from family support forever, or abort? I know what I’d choose. Even today there are plenty of communities that would treat an unwed mother as a social pariah, even while they pay lip-service to being pro-life. 

Being a single mother is also hard, made harder if you don’t have the education to get skilled work. Not everyone’s families can help. Not everyone has family at all. Not everyone has families that they want help from. If your parents are abusers are you really going to be thrilled with them babysitting for you? 

And even if you are married, there are situations where being pregnant again means your other children get less to eat. Or being pregnant means being further bound to your abuser for the rest of your life. 

Sorry to get preachy, but there are many and varied reasons why someone might be desperate enough to attempt a DIY abortion. It is no one’s business to judge them as rational.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I won't watch their live streams because they don't need the attention.

I didn't even realize Sam was in a RvW t shirt. I really hope some snarker asks them about it in public. "Wow, what made you decide not to abort this child?"

i un followed jill. I won't watch her live streams because what publicity does she need exactly??

the shirt is silly on a child especially one of Jill's children. It reeks of attention.. Why does she need attention now ?

16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, maybe on the honeymoon. 

or a cooler thing would be if you are on a honeymoon and at a resort and someone pages "Paging Mrs So and So" Paging Mrs So and So...And you leap up and go Oh that's me !!

yes this is before we had cell phones but you get how cute that could be !!

@Hashtag Blessed I know of houses for pregnant teenagers for example where they can live and it can paid by the government (I don't know the exact conditions, but your family can't forbid you to go there because they don't want to pay for it). Social services can help you get a place there when you can't stay in your family. Similar to those houses for abused women or assisted living facilities for teenagers. One girl I know went there when she didn't get along with her dad anymore (no violence involved) and they could find her a place. So that's why I wonder. That house was also not affiliated to a church. I know that there are more houses like this in Germany. So idk, I just thought other countries would have that too or at least some run by the church and financed through donations. 

Edit: that girl also stayed there when the baby was born until they found a flat for her. They also helped her with her education and she found an apprenticeship. 

Edit: I also just found out that here, as a single parent with a child under 6 years (no matter if you're a teenager or not), you have a right to assistance and assisted living facilities for both you and the child when you can't make it on your own. It's in the law that you get free housing and advice when you can't afford it! It should be in other places too if it isn't already. 

On 3/28/2018 at 10:03 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Peeps are only good for the show they provide in the microwave.

Hail! This is sacrilege!! Repent, Repent!!!

I bought two Cadbury Easter Cream eggs one time, and when I got home I threw the bag they were in on my coffee table and went to begin dinner or some such thing, not knowing the bag had fallen to the floor.  Some time later, I heard a huge ruckus in my living room as my two cats were having a serious spat and I ran to the room to find them clasped together, rolling around on the floor furiously kicking at each other.  They'd discovered the Easter Creme eggs and had managed to open the bag they in, and the eggs themselves, which they were now rolling around in.  So basically, that oozing cream all over my carpet ( which was not easy to clean), and my cats (who were not easy and definitely not amenable to being cleaned).  Good times.  Not why I don't eat them anymore though, I just find them way to sweet.

I am not pro Peeps.

59 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

Alright let's pretend for a second that you have a leg to stand in here...

even if in your scenario there were actually support programs that helped. There's still prostitutes whose pimps force them them to have abortions even if that's not what they want. They're much safer in the hand ms of a medical professional than whatever "DIY"/"risky" method the pimp who only sees her as a money maker would use. 

I for one am very against abortion for MYSELF, I have zero right to judge or choose what's right for other people. One person is not more right than the other when it comes to differing morals, principles, opinions, etc. it's okay that you feel that way for yourself but please don't be so nieve to think that you know best for the world. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@SamiKatz Not pro Peeps, no Cadbury Creme Eggs? I’m sure you are a fine person otherwise!!!, lol...Peeps are a love or hate thing it seems to me. 

I have morphed from a "sweets" person to a "salty" person as I've gotten older.  I've never met a bag of potato chips I did not love.  

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived