IGNORED

Dillards 54: Fantasyland Where Reality Isn't Required

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

But what if God (cough, cough, or your dad) puts it on your heart that you're supposed to be with another man? Then what?

I can see how they twist Michael waiting around as this big beautiful sacrifice but to me it seems that it could also be twisted as someone focusing too much on a boy and not enough on God. I remember my middle school crushes-- I daydreamed about them in church! A girl with a really young emotional age and a boy to moon over-- I guess I see why they like the apathy.

Who knows if the brunt of Jill and Derrick's problems stem from the fact that she woke up one day and was like, "Uh, I'm not crushing on you anymore."

talking about odd Stories I was just reading Kendlyn Staddon's story yesterday and holy odd. three guys wanted her but she had to wait for god to tell her which on to accept . of course she wasn't to choose so no need to worry about hurting the guys no god would choose for her.  and she had to learn not to fight against god when he told her it was Robert he wanted for her. she was so stressed and drained from not giving it over to god she could barely talk to robert that first night they started their courtship. 

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think Underwood makes the Deviled Ham!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Yes they do! I love Underwood! 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Growing up I never had mayo. I didn't even realize there was a difference between the two. I though MW was mayo. 

All my mom bought was MW. I didn’t know they were different. Let me tell you, it didn’t end well when I read in some magazine to use mayo as a deep conditioner for your hair. 

I hate mayo AND miracle whip. The only time I'll eat it is if I'm craving tuna casserole (like once every 5 years) and even then, it's baked in so I can't see it. I hate making it because I KNOW it's in there, lol. I like it best when my mom makes it for me and I can live in ignorant bliss. 

34 minutes ago, viii said:

I hate mayo AND miracle whip. The only time I'll eat it is if I'm craving tuna casserole (like once every 5 years) and even then, it's baked in so I can't see it. I hate making it because I KNOW it's in there, lol. I like it best when my mom makes it for me and I can live in ignorant bliss. 

But, do you mean tuna salad.....surely not a warm baked casserole using Mayo???? I am feeling afraid but I will be fine. Of course. 

Not tuna salad, no. It's something my mom made when we were young and money was tight. It's canned tuna, cooked elbow macaroni, can of celery soup, bit of mayo, peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Baked for a bit and then served hot, ha. I only crave it once in a while now and I feel like trash every time after eating it, lol. 

4 minutes ago, viii said:

Not tuna salad, no. It's something my mom made when we were young and money was tight. It's canned tuna, cooked elbow macaroni, can of celery soup, bit of mayo, peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Baked for a bit and then served hot, ha. I only crave it once in a while now and I feel like trash every time after eating it, lol. 

This sounds great....a bit of mayo not only mayo. The celery soup provides the bulk of the white sauce ingredient. I love casseroles. Love them.

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Growing up I never had mayo. I didn't even realize there was a difference between the two. I though MW was mayo. 

They’re different? What is MW then??

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

talking about Duggar food can't help laughing that Jill played  "Hospital" by giving her siblings a dropper full of kool-aid:laughing-rollingyellow:

What the heck?

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It sounds exactly like the journal of 12 year old me. The boy I had a crush on was the ONLY boy for me even though he never noticed me. But I grew up and moved on. Like most people.

Same!!! I was convinced we were going to get married. 

@HarryPotterFan Miracle Whip is like a salad dressing. Mayonnaise, (my real love), is different and does not taste tangy. I can’t remember exactly the ingredients in Mayo, but olive oil is one 

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What the heck?

yep here is quote from their site 

As a child, I was more reserved than I am now, but usually carried a smile and enjoyed toting a little one around on my hip as we played “mom and dad”, or “hospital”, where I would pretend to be the nurse by giving “medicine” (a.k.a. Koolaide) from a dropper to my “patients” (one of my friends or siblings), or I’d pull a bandage out of my little Noah’s ark apron to wrap up their “injured” leg.

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

talking about odd Stories I was just reading Kendlyn Staddon's story yesterday and holy odd. three guys wanted her but she had to wait for god to tell her which on to accept . of course she wasn't to choose so no need to worry about hurting the guys no god would choose for her.  and she had to learn not to fight against god when he told her it was Robert he wanted for her. she was so stressed and drained from not giving it over to god she could barely talk to robert that first night they started their courtship. 

Y'all need to come on over to this thread for some crazy Fundy courtship stories:

30 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@HarryPotterFan Miracle Whip is like a salad dressing. Mayonnaise, (my real love), is different and does not taste tangy. I can’t remember exactly the ingredients in Mayo, but olive oil is one 

Mayonnaise is made from egg yolks, oil and usually an acid like lemon juice but sometimes vinegar.

Personally I'm a fan of aioli which adds garlic as well. Aioli is big here, everything comes with it now.

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I read “Kendalyn’s Story” years ago and it really bugged that it sounded like she liked a different man than the one her father chose for her. Also she wanted a job in health care her entire life but her father did not let her pursue it. Don’t get me wrong, I think Robert is nice and their kids are cute and probably God did want her to marry Robert. It’s just that you only get one go around here on Earth and it’s nice to make your own stupid mistakes about men, and choose your own training and career. This blind and total obedience to your father is something out of another century.  If that’s the family standard then it’s on your father to make you get out in the world and learn to choose your own way. My mother is a bit pushy and she pretty much made my brother and I get jobs and educations, bless her. 

Miracle Whip is of Hell.

Mayonnaise is of heaven. Hellman's especially. Don't be fooled by the name.

16 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Miracle Whip is of Hell.

Mayonnaise is of heaven. Hellman's especially. Don't be fooled by the name.

People have STRONG feelings and opinions about mayo and MW. And yes, Hellman is wonderful. 

Sort of like how some people love PEEPS and others do not. I do. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

People have STRONG feelings and opinions about mayo and MW. And yes, Hellman is wonderful. 

I can take or leave peeps. my limit is probably two peeps at a time. 

18 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I love PEEPS! Pure sugar bliss.

Hellmans  is Best Food in the west. I was very confused when I drove across country. The jingle was the same. :whistle:Bring out the Best Foods and bring out the best. 

This is not the classic Underwood Deviled Ham ad, but it's for Underwood Chicken Spread and it still stars Mason Reese.  You get to hear Mason say "Borgasmord"  Underwood Deviled Ham is a Borgasmord in a can.

2 hours ago, viii said:

Cheap ass tuna casserole is another guilty pleasure.  I make it about twice a year, eat almost the entire casserole in one sitting and feel blah the next day ( but never sorry!).  Mine is just cooked egg noodles, a can of tuna, and a can of cream of mushroom soup.  I had a co worker who hated tuna casserole because she came from a large family too, but felt like they only got one of two flakes of tuna per serving.  To her, it represented having to do without.

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

How is this NOT considered "giving away pieces of your heart"?? The guy had barely shown any interest in her, if at all, but she was so infatuated to the point that she told her parents she wouldn't entertain the idea of any other man. What.

I mean, she literally said "I cried my heart out every time I had to say goodbye" in reference to random conference encounters with him so... No difference. 

On the flip side, he says she basically showed zero interest in him and he didn't think to act until his sister screamed in his face to go for it (or whatever the polite fundie maiden approach is). Even after his Jesus sessions and parents encouraging him, nothing happened because he thought she had no interest in him. From his story:

"I had several brief interactions with Michaela. However, during this time she didn’t draw attention to herself or express that she liked me, or anything of that sort. So even if God said that marriage was something He wanted me to pursue, I wasn’t even sure if Michaela would be open to the idea."

And all the while she's been praying for him and God to guide his life or whatever every day for over 3 years. Insane. 

Fundie courtships are sad. 

Slowly catching up...

IRT dating apathy, Brandon basically said he had no interest in Michael mostly because he had no idea she was interested in him. It took his sister to say *Dude you better get on board before this train leaves town.* 

I have no doubt the same happened with Joy and Austin. Austin said one day he *swung his feet off the bed and said "why not Joy?"  Most likely after months of Joy dropping clues and Austin not getting it, someone said *dude, she is reaaalllyyy into you.*

I wonder if that knocks off the parity in desirability. One partners feels the other partner was more attracted??? I guess sometimes it takes the other longer to appreciate the union.

About Pickles, LoL, there is quite the beef between here and there! Anyway, Pickles is a lying hypocrite from my experience. I guess her sex is not important, but I have taken her to be male for so long. I also don't buy the small town teacher who is passionate about fighting against what the Duggars represent. The page has always seemed personal to me, no matter how wild it has gotten. It reeks of a rejected party. Of course the brand has taken a life of its own. Lots of pressure now to perform. Too much hate over there for my taste.

I think Jill and Derick were low-key arranged, but there was mutual attraction there from the start.

ETA: HideousGreenShirt basically said what I did about the Keilans, but better. :)

4 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I have no doubt the same happened with Joy and Austin. Austin said one day he *swung his feet off the bed and said "why not Joy?"  Most likely after months of Joy dropping clues and Austin not getting it, someone said *dude, she is reaaalllyyy into you.*

\

dang I hadn't heard that part about Joy and Austin but I guess it makes sense after hearing how surprised Jessa was at the pairing. when she talked to Joe and Kendra about it during the Joy honeymoon episode. 

3 hours ago, Nargus said:

All my mom bought was MW. I didn’t know they were different. Let me tell you, it didn’t end well when I read in some magazine to use mayo as a deep conditioner for your hair. 

Some lady freaked out on me at work once. I told her there was mayonnaise on a sandwich. That's what our computer said. We had salad dressing which apparently isn't the same. I found this out when i looked at it after the crazy yelling.

White creamy goop  makes me want to puke so I don't eat any of it and didn't know. Whoops.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I'd eat Peeps for breakfast if they weren't made with gelatin!

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

dang I hadn't heard that part about Joy and Austin but I guess it makes sense after hearing how surprised Jessa was at the pairing. when she talked to Joe and Kendra about it during the Joy honeymoon episode. 

Oh, I haven't watch this season! That interesting. I wonder if they're opposites for Jessa to say that.

Did you see the Aftershow episodes last season with Daphne Oz? If not, I think Joy told her side there. Jana also added tidbits about how much Joy wanted Austin. She would write her name around the houses they were flipping or something like that. Austin said he eventually got the hints.

But in their wedding episodes during one of his interviews he randomly mentions him asking himself, "Why not Joy?" It was such an odd placement. Made me think he needed some convincing. I could be wrong.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived