IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

14 minutes ago, karen77 said:

The blood sugar thing is concerning for sure.

IF she was a RH positive person, then the RH factor isn't and issue at all, and likely that is how she is, I'm sure we would have heard otherwise with Iz.

Particularly in light of the fact that Jill had a large for gestational age baby the last time around and appeared to be carrying quite large again this time. Can Jill not connect the dots????? I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss! There was zero reason for jill to accompany Derick on that 3 month soiree. She doesn't speak the language and certainly was not "ministering" to anyone. Derick could have gone back alone to fulfill their obligation. These folks just lack common sense.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

There was zero reason for jill to accompany Derick on that 3 month soiree. She doesn't speak the language and certainly was not "ministering" to anyone. Derick could have gone back alone to fulfill their obligation. These folks just lack common sense.

Yes there was.  Its the same reason she drove him to work and back every day and had to bring him lunch.  Because a man that is far away from his "sandwich maker" will sin.  You cant have dirty jesus unsupervised with no "righteous" outlet around all those heathen wimmenz!

1 minute ago, Irene said:

This episode was actualy decent.

Are you feeling OK?  It was the usual Duggar BS, perhaps even more annoying by adding in Kendra's shrieking, Jeremy being a dick to Jinger, and Jill being her own Dr. 

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Are you feeling OK?  It was the usual Duggar BS, perhaps even more annoying by adding in Kendra's shrieking, Jeremy being a dick to Jinger, and Jill being her own Dr. 

yes :P

I just feel that this one of the better episodes thats been on Counting on.

I dont analyze the episodes to that agred that some of you guys do ;)

However I do agree on That Jill is beeing very stupid and  I very much desagree with her putting Derreck (and hers)  first than the safty of her unborn child (and born).

And yes, I very much desagree with there belives, but I still thinks was a decent episode;)

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is also the episode that made me really dislike Joy. Her affected  voice is so damn grating, it's just like Jill's. The voice is the main thing that made me mute Michelle most of the time she was on. I didn't get the sense in earlier episodes that Joy was like this, so I am assuming she thinks this is something cute to do once you get yourself a husband. It's so awful. Jinger doesn't have so much the tone of voice but I do sense that she dumbs herself down when interacting with Jeremy (another ugh). At this point I feel that only Jessa and Jana speak the way a normal person would.

Whyyyy...

@feministxtian

i just read that part and somehow gathered you are one of the longest serving astronauts :D And then I read it again and was like. Damn. Too bad. (i was wondering how you had time watching and snarking, while being an astronaut)

But I totally get what you mean. I'm from Austria, and we have a strong accent. If I travel abroad, and I speak to strangers, and they find out that english is not my first language (and they don't realise it after talking for 20 minutes), then they suddenly start to talk real slow and loud to me, as if I would be {redacted for r-word} And I'm just like: I've been speaking to you in your mother tongue for 20 minutes and you didn't realise I wasn't a native, so why do you suddenly think I don't understand you if you speak like a normal person?

I also get really irritated with some misconceptions about my country. With people who don't know where it is, or think it's like in the sound of music.

Ok, we are a small country. But if you either think it is Australia, or Austria is a part of Germany, and I tell you it's not, and then I get: Are you sure? Well, yeah, I'm f****** sure I know where my country is and just because you've seen the sound of Music, it doesn't mean we all live on hills, constantly wear Lederhosen and Dirndl and yodel all day. We have electricity too.

Gonna stop ranting now.

Point being, just because we speak our native language with an accent some people are not accustomed too, it doesn't mean we are stupid. Most people in my part of Austria have a strong accent, but we have good universitys and well educated people here too. Most of us speak 2 languages fluently, many three or more...

18 hours ago, snickers34 said:

It's a Southern, perhaps specifically regional thing. It's not just the Duggars - other folks in the area say it too. But yes, it's annoying - we already know you're uneducated, and this just makes it sound worse.

Using a regional dialect while in said region doesn't make you uneducated.

I mean, people with more education would probably switch it up when speaking with others outside of their home area, as people are wont to do, but I can't be mad at them for using their regional dialect in their home region. 

Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine.

54 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

Yes!  I'm very surprised this scene is getting so little attention - it really bothered me as well.  How can he go from being pissed that the coffee is mad hot and then in the next breath insist that Jinger risk getting burned (for no damn reason other than to prove he's right)?  Argh.  Jeremy is good looking (not my type, but objectively he is handsome) and can be funny at times, but man i wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole if I was Jinger - he just oozes arrogance.

Jeremy is not my favorite. A "star" athlete who becomes a preacher?? No ego...no, Sir, not at all. Self-absorbed? Nooooooooo

@seraaa yeah, I think most people would switch it up if there's somebody nearby who joins the conversation who wouldn't understand. I always speak proper german at work. I find it weird if people ask me if I can say something in my dialect, knowing that they wouldn't understand everything. It's weird because I'd actually have to try hard to speak in my accent, rather than doing it naturally if the person next to me speaks the dialect too, and I also know that I have to repeat half of the things.

47 minutes ago, Irene said:

This episode was actualy decent.

should we call a doctor ? Dr Quinn Medicine woman where are you?

oh wait - I hear Kendra shrieking in the background :D

yes Ben was somewhat decent other than that Jill doing what she did - no

4 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm still wondering if we see Samuel's birth.  It makes no sense if we don't.  

There has been no hint the birth will be featured.

I'm convinced something went very wrong and Jill and Derick aren't going to share what it was.  Not that I blame them, but if this is a part  of the reason for their apparent  marginalization on the show, it may be why he felt so comfortable lashing out at  Jazz  - and by extension TLC.

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm convinced something went very wrong and Jill and Derick aren't going to share what it was.  Not that I blame them, but if this is a part  of the reason for their apparent  marginalization on the show, it may be why he felt so comfortable lashing out at  Jazz  - and by extension TLC.

I agree but I do kind of blame them.  Not for not sharing exactly, although that will make the speculation worse, but for getting into the situation in the first place.  And once they are there I do think being open would be the best plan, people would know and stop speculating and I expect that is worse than the truth. Usually it is.

14 minutes ago, nst said:

should we call a doctor ? Dr Quinn Medicine woman where are you?

oh wait - I hear Kendra shrieking in the background :D

yes Ben was somewhat decent other than that Jill doing what she did - no

Like I said I thought this was one of the better and decent episodes so far :)

Kendra is only 19th what do you except from her? 

She seems nice and delusional, but still a nice teen girl :)

Just now, justoneoftwo said:

I agree but I do kind of blame them.  Not for not sharing exactly, although that will make the speculation worse, but for getting into the situation in the first place.  And once they are there I do think being open would be the best plan, people would know and stop speculating and I expect that is worse than the truth. Usually it is.

I do certainly blame them for that.  But I can't really fault them for a cover up, especially if it was something very serious. They are idiots and even if they didn't cause the situation they likely made it worse with their general recklessness. But ultimately, like everyone, they have the right to keep medical information private.   

5 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

At this point I feel that only Jessa and Jana speak the way a normal person would.

Ugh, I swear if we see Jana's almost 30 year old ass do some cutesy voice when/if she ends up courting, I'll have to watch it with Close Caption only. I get their husbands are also their first boyfriends but Jana seems too mature to do this BS and it'll be 2nd hand embarrassment cringe. 

6 hours ago, Rio said:

I just asked my brother (BA in linguistics among other degrees) about this last week. He says it IS correct in English to end a sentence with a preposition, but everyone thinks it's not because it's NOT correct in LATIN. I thought that was interesting but not enough that I care to research it further!!! Is further a preposition???

And that is the beauty of English; it is a living, squirming, advancing language. Words get added and rules changed.

Certainly when I was in school, a preposition was something with which to never end a sentence!

Still catching up from drowned laptop, butttt Fantasy Duggarton?

1. Mustard, the color of every season of life. Complete with VBS biblical references to growth of the tiny mustard seed into a mighty tree.
  2. The art of the shared closet. Co-panel with the Putmans. (I can't even, I take it back).
  3. All Purity, All the time. Special presentation on GMO and healthy eating by Ben Seewald, complete with a sharpie labeling demonstration of products.
  4. Duggar-ating. The art of decorating and furnishing your home, or other folks' to demonstrate your values. Special speaker, Jinger Vuolo and the real reason Rufus must go with her wherever she moves.
  5. Birthday freebies - how to make sure you're taking advantage of all of the places  who want to celebrate you!
  6. Kids and animals: A demonstration by future veterinarian Jenni (y?) assisted by Spurgeon, ducks, gerbils, scary ponies and Lil' Sebastian.
  7. Crafting the one liner: John David. Just outtakes of his talking heads, possibly interspersed with LeBron James' outtakes from Trainwreck.

I'll stop there, because I just realized DD has never been on Jimmy Fallon's mean tweets section and there's no earthly reason that should could continue.

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm convinced something went very wrong and Jill and Derick aren't going to share what it was. 

If something went wrong because Jill was attempting to give birth at home after the shitshow that was Izzy's birth, then yes there is blame to be shared there. It's their choice not to share it and really, we wouldn't see what happened either way. Izzy's birth was just patched together, so it would be similar to that. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

If something went wrong because Jill was attempting to give birth at home after the shitshow that was Izzy's birth, then yes there is blame to be shared there. It's their choice not to share it and really, we wouldn't see what happened either way. Izzy's birth was just patched together, so it would be similar to that. 

Yes, it should be relatively easy to patch some BS together.  The whole show is patched together bullshit.  But the fact that they aren't even trying to pull it off is what leads me to believe it was bad.

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Yes, it should be relatively easy to patch some BS together.  The whole show is patched together bullshit.  But the fact that they aren't even trying to pull it off is what leads me to believe it was bad.

It might be bad in a way that is hard to hide even.  Obviously not too bad (baby and mom are still here) but still a bad result that couldn't be hidden?  I'm not sure what that would be.

Just now, JenniferJuniper said:

Oh I agree. I believe there was very little that was actually Izzy's birth in his birth episode. Whatever happened, happened. Was it bad? Jill and Derick aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and have been known to make very idiotic decisions, use your best judgment. ;) 

Well, if Samuel's birth turned to a real emergency situation as a result of Dr. Jilly waiting forever to get medical help that was needed and then things were in some way "touch and go", that would not be impressive for the show. 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived